Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$987,500$987,500
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 6, 2023 at 10:57 a.m.
Hi!

Thank you for your contributon. You’re giving up Girard basically for free and then paying to dump Frankie? What’s the reasoning behind that?

CBJs fanbase have made it very clear that Boone Jenner stays in Columbus.
M96N29, Civil_Eng_PE and TJTwolf liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:03 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Boone is not available.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: Avs21
Hi!

Thank you for your contributon. You’re giving up Girard basically for free and then paying to dump Frankie? What’s the reasoning behind that?

Hi!

Hi!

Hi!

I was never aware and never saw anything about him staying put. Haven’t seen that from the insiders. Also with the way Kim Jong Bettman keeps giving the NHL 1 measly million increase every year, the spots become limited where to dump people. Francouz is an oft injured $2M backup. Can find more durable ones cheaper. All of this is to save money.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
CHI declines. Davidson's camp seems to value size on the back end. Girard probably isn't of much interest to them. Ambrosio is of no interest to them. Stauber is a fantastic surprise that I think has a real shot at making it as a pro. The two 3rd round picks can be used to supplement other trades to move up in the draft, which would be more in line with the stage CHI currently is in of their rebuild.
ginandtacos and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Quoting: dk325
Boone is not available.

I think it would be wise for them to at least listen to offers on him. They can accrue even more assets. It’s not like they’re about to compete with him so might as well keep building for the future. They’re rebuild is going well and can go even better.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: Garak
CHI declines. Davidson's camp seems to value size on the back end. Girard probably isn't of much interest to them. Ambrosio is of no interest to them. Stauber is a fantastic surprise that I think has a real shot at making it as a pro. The two 3rd round picks can be used to supplement other trades to move up in the draft, which would be more in line with the stage CHI currently is in of their rebuild.

Chicago has one LHD signed for next year and it’s Jarred Tinordi. So if anyone is compatible for a Girard dump they’re one of them. With Arizona and Anaheim being possibilities as well. The only person who might be considered a lock is Korchinski, and even he might need AHL time. So at worst you get a #3 D signed at decent value for good value. Think he and Murphy would make a solid pairing.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:18 a.m.
not a he )
Quoting: ISUAvsFan45
I think it would be wise for them to at least listen to offers on him. They can accrue even more assets. It’s not like they’re about to compete with him so might as well keep building for the future. They’re rebuild is going well and can go even better.

But you see, Columbus isn't in the asset accumulation phase anymore. They've had five first round picks in the last three years and have yet another pair of firsts at the end of this month. It's sorting time now. We've had this conversation ten million times on this site. Boone Jenner has more value to the team he is currently on than he does in trade value, therefore he is not moving.
NMAvsFan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
I was never aware and never saw anything about him staying put. Haven’t seen that from the insiders. Also with the way Kim Jong Bettman keeps giving the NHL 1 measly million increase every year, the spots become limited where to dump people. Francouz is an oft injured $2M backup. Can find more durable ones cheaper. All of this is to save money.

Would you consider it to be wise asset managment to trade a 25 year old, top 4, 20+ minutes a night, 30+ points, puck moving defensman who fits the teams system for nothing? You don’t pay do get rid of Frankie.
NMAvsFan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Would you consider it to be wise asset managment to trade a 25 year old, top 4, 20+ minutes a night, 30+ points, puck moving defensman who fits the teams system for nothing? You don’t pay do get rid of Frankie.

You’re right. We should stand pat where we are. Worked really well for us in the first round. We also don’t need $5M in space to fill other holes in our roster. And yes we should do everything in our power to keep a backup goalie who’s injured almost as much as he plays.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
Chicago has one LHD signed for next year and it’s Jarred Tinordi. So if anyone is compatible for a Girard dump they’re one of them. With Arizona and Anaheim being possibilities as well. The only person who might be considered a lock is Korchinski, and even he might need AHL time. So at worst you get a #3 D signed at decent value for good value. Think he and Murphy would make a solid pairing.

No. Korchinski is not a lock. Vlasic is probably the closest LHD prospect to being a lock, and Kaiser is probably more likely to see NHL ice time next season than Korchinski. Also, that isn't much of a "dump". Looks like positive value, maybe neutral value at worst, to me. Regardless, CHI isn't taking on an undersized LHD at $5M for 4 years, when we have this plethora of LHD coming up through the ranks over the next 2 to 3 years.

Edit: I don't personally think Girard is a "dump", but if he is, this wouldn't even come close to covering a contract of that size.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: squashmaple
But you see, Columbus isn't in the asset accumulation phase anymore. They've had five first round picks in the last three years and have yet another pair of firsts at the end of this month. It's sorting time now. We've had this conversation ten million times on this site. Boone Jenner has more value to the team he is currently on than he does in trade value, therefore he is not moving.

Ah yes I recall vividly the 10 million conversations as I was a part of them that’s why I did it again you see. And that’s an interesting strategy for a team who’s finished bottom of the league for the last few years to say hey we’re good on assets. As I said if Columbus keeps him for mentoring/leadership purposes or he loves the city that’s cool. But to say they reject the trade cuz they don’t need assets is something else
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:31 a.m.
You’re right. We should stand pat where we are. Worked really well for us in the first round. We also don’t need $5M in space to fill other holes in our roster. And yes we should do everything in our power to keep a backup goalie who’s injured almost as much as he plays.

Hey! We’re great team! You made me realize something. If we trade MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar (since they were a part of the playoff-exit) for lets say Jack Eichel, Mark Stone and Shea Theodore then we would be in the finals again! Come on GMCM, make it happen!
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:32 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming

Jarmo disagrees which is why he did not take any calls on Boone at the TDL. He's the captain and signed a team friendly deal to be the captain for the foreseeable future. I get that teams like Toronto and Colorado that are short on cap space really want him because he is on a great contract and outperforms said contract, but he's Columbus' guy and they don't need the meagre realistic return that he would get in a trade. They already have a top 3 prospect pool and more young players than they know what to do with. They also just lost Bjorkstrand, Voracek, Nyquist, Gavrikov, and Korpisalo in the last year so their leadership group has suffered enough loss. Jarmo and JD have been saying repeatedly that the goal is to compete for a playoff spot now and trading away the team captain is completely contrary to that goal. It's just not going to happen.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:40 a.m.
Quoting: Garak
No. Korchinski is not a lock. Vlasic is probably the closest LHD prospect to being a lock, and Kaiser is probably more likely to see NHL ice time next season than Korchinski. Also, that isn't much of a "dump". Looks like positive value, maybe neutral value at worst, to me. Regardless, CHI isn't taking on an undersized LHD at $5M for 4 years, when we have this plethora of LHD coming up through the ranks over the next 2 to 3 years.

Edit: I don't personally think Girard is a "dump", but if he is, this wouldn't even come close to covering a contract of that size.

I agree with your part about him moving being a “cap dump” sounding negative. Cause he’s a good player. Amongst Avs fans he’s the easiest target to pick to move cuz they need flexibility and they need it now like JG Wentworth. Chicago also might seriously need help reaching the floor. They’ll have some ELCs and bridge type deals for guys like Kurashev and CJones. That’s why I picked them out as the trade partner. Can use a LHD. Have space. Girard is probly their top LHD until Korchinski shows he’s ready.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:43 a.m.
Hey! We’re great team! You made me realize something. If we trade MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar (since they were a part of the playoff-exit) for lets say Jack Eichel, Mark Stone and Shea Theodore then we would be in the finals again! Come on GMCM, make it happen!

Lollll. Yea cuz that’s the point I’m trying to make. I would LOVE to see your attempt or solution to the cap crunch nearly 2/3 of the league is facing.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Ah yes I recall vividly the 10 million conversations as I was a part of them that’s why I did it again you see. And that’s an interesting strategy for a team who’s finished bottom of the league for the last few years to say hey we’re good on assets. As I said if Columbus keeps him for mentoring/leadership purposes or he loves the city that’s cool. But to say they reject the trade cuz they don’t need assets is something else

They currently have Laine, Werenski, Texier, Bemstrom, Johnson, Marchenko, Sillinger, Chinakhov, Foudy, Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg, Bean, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil, Ceulemans, Dumais, Malatesta, Del Bel Belluz, Voronkov, Berni, Fix-Wolansky, Dunne, Meyer, Angle, Christiansen, Bjork, and McKown for u26 players that either have NHL experience already or are on their way to being NHLers. They then have Pyythia, Butler, Angle, Knazko, Holm, Dolzhenkov, Hreshuk, Makarov, and Richard as additional U22 players that are in the system. They also have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds of 2023 and all of their picks for 2024 and 2025. Why would they consider trading away their captain for more assets?
NMAvsFan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:46 a.m.
Representing the 505
Signing Byram to a deal that walks him right up to UFA is an interesting idea. Treating Girard like a camp dump is also interesting as is paying to have someone take Frankie. This feels like making moves just to make moves as a knee-jerk reaction to a very depleted Avs losing in the first round this year but, okay.
LaTornade liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 11:55 a.m.
Lollll. Yea cuz that’s the point I’m trying to make. I would LOVE to see your attempt or solution to the cap crunch nearly 2/3 of the league is facing.

We could probably discuss this for days, i’m fairly certain that it won’t make us understand eachother anyways. I agree to disagree. Have a nice one!
NMAvsFan liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 12:25 p.m.
I agree with your part about him moving being a “cap dump” sounding negative. Cause he’s a good player. Amongst Avs fans he’s the easiest target to pick to move cuz they need flexibility and they need it now like JG Wentworth. Chicago also might seriously need help reaching the floor. They’ll have some ELCs and bridge type deals for guys like Kurashev and CJones. That’s why I picked them out as the trade partner. Can use a LHD. Have space. Girard is probly their top LHD until Korchinski shows he’s ready.

The way I like to phrase it is, getting to the cap floor is a consideration for CHI and not a priority. They will be able to do it just fine, "how?" might be a question, but that is simply because there are so many options and we don't know exactly what they will do. But I can almost guarantee they wouldn't go after someone like him. They'll go after free agents or cap dumps that they receive assets for, but I highly doubt they buy on anyone. I'd rather have the space for Vlasic, Kaiser, Phillips, a short term free agent, or possibly another prospect that surprises us and makes the team out of camp (Korchinski, Del Mastro, Allan, Roos, etc.).
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 1:47 p.m.
Quoting: dk325
They currently have Laine, Werenski, Texier, Bemstrom, Johnson, Marchenko, Sillinger, Chinakhov, Foudy, Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg, Bean, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil, Ceulemans, Dumais, Malatesta, Del Bel Belluz, Voronkov, Berni, Fix-Wolansky, Dunne, Meyer, Angle, Christiansen, Bjork, and McKown for u26 players that either have NHL experience already or are on their way to being NHLers. They then have Pyythia, Butler, Angle, Knazko, Holm, Dolzhenkov, Hreshuk, Makarov, and Richard as additional U22 players that are in the system. They also have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds of 2023 and all of their picks for 2024 and 2025. Why would they consider trading away their captain for more assets?

Man what a dumb idea moving a LHD to CBJ why do they need one they’re stacked. Gets a LHD an hour later lol
Jun. 6, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
SunnyvaleSamsquanche
Francouz is a wicked backup and especially at his cap hit. this is making the Avs worse IMO. Sakic would tell McF to block incoming calls.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Man what a dumb idea moving a LHD to CBJ why do they need one they’re stacked. Gets a LHD an hour later lol

At what point did I say trading for a LHD was a bad idea?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll