RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 10, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
Joe
Detroit declines
mikearky, AnyoneButTheBruins, DeadWingsv2 and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 12:02 p.m.
arky
Wings do not need:

Dvorak after signing Compher

No room for Harris, with Evidsson, Wallinder and Johnasson

Do not want or need Petry that bad

Just sign Maata, not a good optic to trade him

Perron is vet presence to he is staying for no
dannibalcorpse, DeadWingsv2, aedoran and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 12:08 p.m.
StevieY19!!
Perron and Maatta were very good for Detroit last year. This trade makes us worse and even worse cap-wise. If Detroit is gonna trade these players which'll be at the deadline and if we are out of the playoff race, they will be looking for futures or solid young players that are/almost NHL ready. This just doesn't make any sense for Detroit. I think only way you unload Petry to us is if you take Chiarot back or send us picks to take him.
DeadWingsv2, aedoran and Billy12Bob liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 12:31 p.m.
Attention all Habs fans. If you try to trade Petry to us, Chiarot is going the other way. Otherwise it's a no.
DeadWingsv2 and aedoran liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Edited Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
This post comes across to me as a troll post, by a user with no comment history, that has no interest in actually discussing the proposal.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Tank it baby
Horrible for Detroit.
DeadWingsv2, aedoran and Billy12Bob liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:12 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
another troll with no comment history

I don't think you know the meaning of the word.

Not being in tune with the needs/wants of a team you don't follow doesn't automatically make someone a troll. This isn't a heinous trade by any stretch of the imagination.

How about next time we look to make this a better place to build on some of these ideas instead of just shutting everything and anything down that we don't immediately agree on?
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:14 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

Not being in tune with the needs/wants of a team you don't follow doesn't automatically make someone a troll. This isn't a heinous trade by any stretch of the imagination.

How about next time we look to make this a better place to build on some of these ideas instead of just shutting everything and anything down that we don't immediately agree on?

The word troll lost its meaning a long time ago here. It pretty much means I hate that you have an opinion i don't like and dont care or know how to tell you why so you are a troll.
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:16 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid

How are you supposed to build on ideas with someone who just drops ACGMs and doesn't interact, with no comment history?

Also, this is egregious, as Detroit is giving two positive assets for 1 cap dump, 1 neutral asset at best(Dvorak) and a throw away depth piece that no one wants, and taking on a ton of cap to do so... it's a garbage proposal across the board.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:19 p.m.
we miss leo k
Doesn't really make sense for either side, but I think it's worse for Detroit:

-Their center depth is pretty set with Larkin-Compher-Copp-Rasmussen down the middle
-They're absolutely stacked with LHD prospects so Harris, while a perfectly good one himself, isn't filling a need for them
-They signed Justin Holl & Shayne Gostisbehere to pretty big money contracts this summer, so there's no real spot for Petry (even on a bargain)

On the Montreal side, I don't know why they would trade 35 year old Jeff Petry just to bring back 35 year old David Perron? I would think they're still at the "move veterans for younger players" phase of their rebuild for at least one more season. If I'm Montreal I'd also rather try and give a shot to guys like Harris, Struble, Norlinder, and Beaudin in a rebuilding season instead of acquiring a 28 year old LD with only 2 years of team control in Maatta.
aedoran and mikearky liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:25 p.m.
Ban Price trades
How are you supposed to build on ideas with someone who just drops ACGMs and doesn't interact, with no comment history?

Also, this is egregious, as Detroit is giving two positive assets for 1 cap dump, 1 neutral asset at best(Dvorak) and a throw away depth piece that no one wants, and taking on a ton of cap to do so... it's a garbage proposal across the board.

You have no guarantee that Perron has any legs going into this season. Father Time remains undefeated. Most of the rhetoric surrounding Maatta's career has been not too dissimilar from "cap dump".

Likewise, Petry has a history of production. How many times do we as fans need to be stunned into oblivion when one year a player becomes the most negative asset in the league, then resumes quality play the next year? We watched this same song and dance with Karlsson last year. Burns the year before that. Harris is not a negative asset by any means (you even correctly identify him as depth).

It's not egregious, you just don't like it. You've slanted the language of your replies to make this look like the same kind of garbage that you'd see in a Larkin-for-Savard proposal and it's ridiculous. To answer your previous statement about engagement, is your current method aiming to be helpful or hurtful? And how much of that engagement do you get when you go out of your way to be less than helpful?

You've done one thing rather well in response though: you identified that the amount of money going back to Detroit is not amicable. Work off of that: either find a way that Montreal retains or Detroit can send someone like Chiarot back. If they don't engage, then that's on them, but in doing so you take all of the right steps without coming off as crass or uninviting. Gatekeeping these forums because a user doesn't interact with others is silly.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 1:57 p.m.
Tank it baby
You have no guarantee that Perron has any legs going into this season. Father Time remains undefeated. Most of the rhetoric surrounding Maatta's career has been not too dissimilar from "cap dump".

Likewise, Petry has a history of production. How many times do we as fans need to be stunned into oblivion when one year a player becomes the most negative asset in the league, then resumes quality play the next year? We watched this same song and dance with Karlsson last year. Burns the year before that. Harris is not a negative asset by any means (you even correctly identify him as depth).

It's not egregious, you just don't like it. You've slanted the language of your replies to make this look like the same kind of garbage that you'd see in a Larkin-for-Savard proposal and it's ridiculous. To answer your previous statement about engagement, is your current method aiming to be helpful or hurtful? And how much of that engagement do you get when you go out of your way to be less than helpful?

You've done one thing rather well in response though: you identified that the amount of money going back to Detroit is not amicable. Work off of that: either find a way that Montreal retains or Detroit can send someone like Chiarot back. If they don't engage, then that's on them, but in doing so you take all of the right steps without coming off as crass or uninviting. Gatekeeping these forums because a user doesn't interact with others is silly.

You're just assuming Perron's legs "fall off." You're being hypocritical here. Perron showed no evidence of that last season. Petry still has some game left. But he doesn't fit Detroit's needs. Dvorak doesn't fit either.

Perron not only provides scoring for Detroit. But he's also become a valued leader for the Red Wings. Now he may end up being traded at the trade deadline if Detroit is out of the playoff race. This will be determined.

But I think the bigger issue here is that you're dismissing a Red Wings fan for giving an informed opinion about the team he follows. Do you not believe he might have a better understanding of his teams needs?

He may have been a bit harsh. But your response was uncalled for in my opinion. Now there's non Red Wings fans piling on because of your response. You're gaslighting. Also being a mod shouldn't afford you special privileges to bully people on here.

I know you'll likely take the coward's way out and ban me but your response really struck a chord with me. Just another example of so called power going to someone's head. 😕
aedoran, DeadWingsv2, Billy12Bob and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: SharkTank
You're just assuming Perron's legs "fall off." You're being hypocritical here. Perron showed no evidence of that last season. Petry still has some game left. But he doesn't fit Detroit's needs.

Perron not only provides scoring for Detroit. But he's also become a valued leader for the Red Wings. Now he may end up being traded at the trade deadline if Detroit is out of the playoff race. This will be determined.

But I think the bigger issue here is that you're dismissing a Red Wings fan for giving an informed opinion about the team he follows. Do you not believe he might have a better understanding of his teams needs?

He may have been a bit harsh. But your response was uncalled for in my opinion. Now there's non Red Wings fans piling on because of your response. You're gaslighting. Also being a mod shouldn't afford you special privileges to bully people on here.

I know you'll likely take the coward's way out and ban me but your response really struck a chord with me.

"Another troll with no comment history" is an infractable comment. Full stop, it's neither feedback nor constructive. I thought there could have been a teachable moment there instead of just deleting a post and this thread.

No opinion was dismissed other than there was nothing of value being returned to Detroit. Why is there an immediacy to dismiss Petry as a neutral or positive asset when Perron is equally as risky of an asset given his age and potential conditioning? I have no qualms with the trade not working for Detroit, I don't have a horse in either team's camp, the *how* in which we go about dismissing this trade and addressing the team needs is my problem, and it will continue to be my problem until the entirety of this community gets on board with not immediately jumping to the option of being the worst versions of themselves for internet points.

None of this is gaslighting or me taking advantage of being a moderator. It is the complete opposite: there are rules to be enforced here. I can either start appropriately infracting and banning users that insist on replying in a manner like what happened above, or I can insert myself into these sorts of replies and point out why they're wrong and point users in the proper direction. One of these is a more human approach, the other perpetuates the apparent disdain for the forum moderators you've picked up somewhere along your journey. I know which is my preference.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:18 p.m.
Tank it baby
"Another troll with no comment history" is an infractable comment. Full stop, it's neither feedback nor constructive. I thought there could have been a teachable moment there instead of just deleting a post and this thread.

No opinion was dismissed other than there was nothing of value being returned to Detroit. Why is there an immediacy to dismiss Petry as a neutral or positive asset when Perron is equally as risky of an asset given his age and potential conditioning? I have no qualms with the trade not working for Detroit, I don't have a horse in either team's camp, the *how* in which we go about dismissing this trade and addressing the team needs is my problem, and it will continue to be my problem until the entirety of this community gets on board with not immediately jumping to the option of being the worst versions of themselves for internet points.

None of this is gaslighting or me taking advantage of being a moderator. It is the complete opposite: there are rules to be enforced here. I can either start appropriately infracting and banning users that insist on replying in a manner like what happened above, or I can insert myself into these sorts of replies and point out why they're wrong and point users in the proper direction. One of these is a more human approach, the other perpetuates the apparent disdain for the forum moderators you've picked up somewhere along your journey. I know which is my preference.

I have no disdain about the mods. It's not an easy job and I respect that. But while you're talking down to me, please remember that none of us are perfect. We all make mistakes. I'm as guilty as anyone here.

But we're all human. We all post things we shouldn't from time to time. Some more than others. It's not just on this website. We're all guilty of talking to people in a way we wouldn't talk to the person's face.

I'd rather just talk out any disagreement over a beer. Or a few beers. 🙂

But I find so many posters on here are defensive. It's almost like they expect to be attacked. And I'm guessing you see this too and you want to correct it. I applaud you for that.

But is attacking a poster because they attacked someone else really the proper way to correct things? I can see you're frustrated. I get it. I just hope there's a happy medium.

I frequent a few hockey sites and I see a pattern of mods attacking posters. I didn't mean to single you out. So I'm sorry if I came off that way. Maybe your post triggered me like the Red Wings fan's post may have triggered you.

I think we both want the same thing here but just disagree on how to achieve it. Just my 2 cents. 🙂
aedoran and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: SharkTank

But I find so many posters on here are defensive. It's almost like they expect to be attacked. And I'm guessing you see this too and you want to correct it. I applaud you for that.

It's not difficult to tactfully disagree.. it should start with.. I dunno.. I see why you may think this way but IMO i look at it like this so on and so forth. Compromise.
And not, I know my team more than you as a season ticket holder so your opinion is automatically wrong and you are a troll for thinking my team needs such and such.
Most replies lead absolutely nowhere constructive but rather are just ad hominem attacks from bullies on here that would never ever speak to someone so arrogantly in person. You always receive the energy you put off and the energy from I'd say 95% of replies are negative attacks.
Which just perpetuates the behaviour across the board. The best solution is for others not just mods to call out this behaviour and I try my best to help every ACGM counter these lazy attacks. The whole idea of a community is to surround yourself with people that look out for each other whether thats online or not. Trying to improve such an environment shouldnt be shunned for my rights, my rights. You dont have a right to be obnoxious douche anywhere.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.
Whoa!! Listen I post trades based on the fact that there are rumors surrounding a player on my team. Jeff Petry has a 15 no trade list, long been rumored that he wants to play in the eastern states. I saw need on the right side in the short term for Detroit because I thought they wanted to begin to compete for a spot next year, and I'm sorry but Holl and Ghost aren't top 4 caliber and petry is still an upgrade on both. Harris is a great depth defenseman on any team and proved capable of playing both sides last year. Dvorak does not have to play center. Granted my comment earlier about Detroit looking to take a next makes trading away an asset in Perron look hypocritical. I think if they do this they would then look at signing patrick Kane.

Ultimately too fellas and ladies I make AGM to start a discussion on the idea of a trade. Sure I'm listening to you folks that say chiarot instead of maatta, and I would listen to retaining salary. But send an alternative trade that makes more sense for your team if you don't like it. But I will reiterate one thing in defense of the need for petry on the wings. Holl and Ghost are both not top 4 defenseman on playoff teams so good luck if that is the hope this season.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:31 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid

I will edit my comment, as not to be so harsh. With that said, if moderators/admins took feedback into account and actually gave us an option to ignore users with no comment history, I would gladly do so and just move on, but these posts CAN NOT be hidden by users with no comment history, so it gets quite annoying.

I get irritated because drive-by posts like this, where a user drops a trade and doesn't engage in dialogue is just asking to start crap, which to me, is trolling.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:31 p.m.
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
The word troll lost its meaning a long time ago here. It pretty much means I hate that you have an opinion i don't like and dont care or know how to tell you why so you are a troll.

Well when the same S***** trade keeps getting posted 5 times a day it gets irritating and after last season I figured you would have learned that us trade isn't happening. Or maybe you just like being wrong.
DeadWingsv2 and Billy12Bob liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
It's not difficult to tactfully disagree it should start with I dunno..I see why you may think this way but IMO i look at it like this so on and so forth. Compromise.
And not, I know my team more than you as a season ticket holder so your opinion is automatically wrong and you are a troll for thinking my team needs such and suc.
Most replies lead absolutely nowhere constructive but rather are just ad hominem attacks from bullies on here that would never ever speak to someone so arrogantly in person. You always receive the energy you put off and the energy from I'd say 95% of replies are negative attacks.

I should've added to my response. I didn't mean to imply that it's not ok for a non Red Wings fan to have an opinion about the Red Wings. I learn a lot about other teams by listening to what their fans are saying.

They're not always right of course. But they watch all the games and likely know more than I do about their teams.

It's kind of like because I'm a Sharks fan that I'm not allowed to criticize the Leafs. I've ran into this many times here. Why can't I have an opinion? It's ridiculous.

It's as if the higher your team finishes in the standings or does in the playoffs, the more important your opinion is. Doesn't this sound ridiculous? 😁

And I fully agree there's better ways to respond to someone rather than calling them a troll. I do understand it though. If I post trade that says "Hoffman for Nylander" then I can't really expect to not be flamed, can I?

There's many instances on CFACGM when a posters specific intent is to troll. Like that one fake Red Wings fan who kept posting Raymond trades solely with he purpose of gaslighting Red Wings fans.

Most of the Red Wings fans learned to just ignore him.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Edited Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: SilkyW
Whoa!! Listen I post trades based on the fact that there are rumors surrounding a player on my team. Jeff Petry has a 15 no trade list, long been rumored that he wants to play in the eastern states. I saw need on the right side in the short term for Detroit because I thought they wanted to begin to compete for a spot next year, and I'm sorry but Holl and Ghost aren't top 4 caliber and petry is still an upgrade on both. Harris is a great depth defenseman on any team and proved capable of playing both sides last year. Dvorak does not have to play center. Granted my comment earlier about Detroit looking to take a next makes trading away an asset in Perron look hypocritical. I think if they do this they would then look at signing patrick Kane.

Ultimately too fellas and ladies I make AGM to start a discussion on the idea of a trade. Sure I'm listening to you folks that say chiarot instead of maatta, and I would listen to retaining salary. But send an alternative trade that makes more sense for your team if you don't like it. But I will reiterate one thing in defense of the need for petry on the wings. Holl and Ghost are both not top 4 defenseman on playoff teams so good luck if that is the hope this season.

At this stage, both Ghost and Holl have more value than Petry. Petry is old, breaking down and has a horrible contract. There's a reason why those 2 were sought after in FA and Petry is a cap dump that everyone keeps trying to get rid of, for the last 3 years. Dvorak has no use to us, as we are already overloaded up front and Harris is of even less use. The fact is, none of these pieces fit in Detroit, AT ALL and Perron and Maata do.

The ONLY trade involving Petry that would have ANY use to Detroit, whatsoever, is Petry for Chiarot, straight up.
Billy12Bob and aedoran liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
Tank it baby

I have no qualms about you posting your opinion. I don't believe you were trolling. You're new here so I will tell you Red Wings fans have been seeing "Petry to Detroit" for years on CFACGM it seems.

So they're just tired of it. It's nothing against you personally. Now I agree that Petry, even though he's old is better than Holl and Chiarot for that matter. Ghost was brought in for his PP abilities.

But as CFACGM Red Wings fans will tell you, that's not what Steve Yzerman thinks and he's the GM. He values Chiarot for his leadership, toughness, size and being tough to play against. I remember Habs fans saying similar things when he was riding shotgun to Weber.

But as we all know, change the jersey you often change your opinion. And that's all we're doing here. Exchanging opinions. None of us are NHL GM's. 🤣

I know it's late but welcome to CFACGM! 😁
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
At this stage, both Ghost and Holl are better than Petry. he is old, breaking down and has a horrible contract. There's a reason why those 2 were sought after in FA and Petry is a cap dump that everyone keeps tryting to get rid of for the last 3 years. Dvorak has no use to us, as we are already overloaded up front and Harris is of even less use. The fact is, none of these pieces fit in Detroit, AT ALL and Perron and Maata do.

The ONLY trade involving Petry that would have ANY use to Detroit, whatsoever, is Petry for Chiarot, straight up.

Petry's contract was only bad when it was 6.5 Pittsburgh just retained nearly 2 million. He had 31 points in 57 games last year with a plus 2 rating he is in fact a bargain at 4.7. Holl was a healthy scratch last year on occasion and I believe they over paid based on age, he hasn't shown much progression I think he's a career 6th defenseman.

I would honestly keep petry if I thought he would happily play in montreal again.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Petry's contract was only bad when it was 6.5 Pittsburgh just retained nearly 2 million. He had 31 points in 57 games last year with a plus 2 rating he is in fact a bargain at 4.7. Holl was a healthy scratch last year on occasion and I believe they over paid based on age, he hasn't shown much progression I think he's a career 6th defenseman.

I would honestly keep petry if I thought he would happily play in montreal again.

Points are not everything, Petry is horrible defensively and that's why Holl has more use for us. Also, Petry's ability is irrelevant, when his availability is suspect at best. He is BADLY breaking down and hasn't played a full season in 4 years and his injuries are getting worse and worse. His 4.7 might as well be 7m based on how often he plays.

There's a reason every ACGM from Montreal and Pittsburgh has been moving him for the last 3 years and you know it.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
Ban Price trades
I will edit my comment, as not to be so harsh. With that said, if moderators/admins took feedback into account and actually gave us an option to ignore users with no comment history, I would gladly do so and just move on, but these posts CAN NOT be hidden by users with no comment history, so it gets quite annoying.

I get irritated because drive-by posts like this, where a user drops a trade and doesn't engage in dialogue is just asking to start crap, which to me, is trolling.

That feedback is wholly welcome by the moderators - the Suggestions Thread is the place to be for that - but we aren't responsible for the coding or development of these forums. Our hands are tied in what we can do. So many user suggestions should have been implemented yesterday, but the team running this show is small and most likely underpaid. The behind-the-scenes guys will never get enough love.

Ultimately, you're making the conscious choice to engage these threads. It took me ages to figure it out with the Oilers AGMs, but you aren't obligated to respond to every one of them. I know how infuriating it is, but the buck starts and stops with users like you - even forcing it if you have to - opening up these dialogues with constructive criticism. It's a thankless labour, but this place does not improve until the userbase does. I can't justify banning everyone who breaks the rules, but we shouldn't expect the rules to bend for us either.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 9:27 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
That feedback is wholly welcome by the moderators - the Suggestions Thread is the place to be for that - but we aren't responsible for the coding or development of these forums. Our hands are tied in what we can do. So many user suggestions should have been implemented yesterday, but the team running this show is small and most likely underpaid. The behind-the-scenes guys will never get enough love.

Ultimately, you're making the conscious choice to engage these threads. It took me ages to figure it out with the Oilers AGMs, but you aren't obligated to respond to every one of them. I know how infuriating it is, but the buck starts and stops with users like you - even forcing it if you have to - opening up these dialogues with constructive criticism. It's a thankless labour, but this place does not improve until the userbase does. I can't justify banning everyone who breaks the rules, but we shouldn't expect the rules to bend for us either.

From a code perspective, it would literally be as simple as a find and replace of the code that references their user name at the top of the post, to use the same code that references their name within the comments (with the drop down for View Profile or Ignore User). It would be a ridiculously easy code change and it's a pretty poor UI oversight in the first place.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll