SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Pius Suter (2 Years / $1,600,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 11, 2023 at 4:59 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: exo2769
But again...don't you think that's more to do with the role they're each being asked to play? Kampf is always the shutdown center. When Engvall isn't asked to play the shutdown role...aka not playing with Kampf...aka he's NOT soley focused on defense. Wouldn't it make sense that if he's playing with an offensive minded line/linemates and getting more Ozone starts that he'll score more? That's why context matters with the Gf/60 Ga/60. cheers

This is just a fun convo at this point. Who cares.

Absoutley, but I can tell you probably don't watch too many Leaf games. Seeing the NYI actually utilize Engvall with offensive players is something he never got in TOR. It was with Kampf, Kerfoot, Aston-Reese, McMann, etc. It's kinda funny to use the words Offensive Zone start and Engvall in the same sentence.

What made Kampf a useful Centre was having two speedy wingers (Mikheyev, Engvall) because he is unable to transport the puck up the ice.
FzumqVXWAAU7cai?format=webp&name=900x900

I am happy that both you and @aadoyle believe is well worth his contract. I would disagree with that notion.

It boggles my mind that since TOR trades Kadri they used Kerfoot as a 3C for two years, now Kampf for two years, and have committed another 4 years to Kampf as the 3C lol

Good times
Trickster liked this.
Aug. 11, 2023 at 5:15 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Idk about that considering plenty of 4C's are getting paid around the same range rn with few better ones if any making less.

Roy = 3m
Faksa = 3.25m
Sturm = 2m
Cizikas = 2.5m
Sissons = 2.875m
Jost = 2m
Kuraly = 2.5m
Lowry = 3.25m

Lowry is far from a 3c and so far superior to most of these guys you’ve listed. I think these few guys you’ve compiled is far from apples to apples but where Kampf slots in here is where he should. Suter in comparison to this list seems to be underpaid
rollie1967 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2023 at 6:17 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Really like the fit here. Nice contract as well!
CSStrowbridge and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 11, 2023 at 7:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 11, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: pavelisgoat
Lowry is far from a 3c and so far superior to most of these guys you’ve listed. I think these few guys you’ve compiled is far from apples to apples but where Kampf slots in here is where he should. Suter in comparison to this list seems to be underpaid

Ironically Suter's market value is 2.2m - 3m depending on the stat site

But he wanted to stay in the NHL and the amount shows he took a discount to do so. Which is expected as stragglers often make less than they should cause it seemed GM's didnt have significant interest in him as if they did he would have been signed day 1 or 2 on a 2.5-3m deal or something
Aug. 11, 2023 at 9:42 p.m.
I was hoping the rumors of the Canucks interest were true, surprised both Chicago and Detroit let him walk for nothing. Havent looked at the cap issue, but this shouldnt be a huge problem to fit in. The Canucks needed depth at center, and this gives them more time to develop Raty,Karlsson and McDonough (although i think he will end up at wing).
CSStrowbridge liked this.
Aug. 12, 2023 at 1:06 a.m.
MontrealCanadiensFAN
Plus Suter signed with the canucks and yet people are only talking about Toronto again lmao
CSStrowbridge liked this.
Aug. 12, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
The Canucks depth chart/line rushes are one of the most interesting to see come together. Also for the other teams that are waiver wire watching.

Their cap juggling will be fun to watch as well. Maybe they have clarity on Pearson/Poolman that we don't know yet
Aug. 12, 2023 at 7:38 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyScotty
The Canucks depth chart/line rushes are one of the most interesting to see come together. Also for the other teams that are waiver wire watching.

Their cap juggling will be fun to watch as well. Maybe they have clarity on Pearson/Poolman that we don't know yet

Poolman got covid-19, which turned into a mild case of long-covid including neurological issues. He then got a concussion and when he came back from that, got another concussion. His career is over. Another hit could result in permanent impairment.
Aug. 13, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Poolman got covid-19, which turned into a mild case of long-covid including neurological issues. He then got a concussion and when he came back from that, got another concussion. His career is over. Another hit could result in permanent impairment.

I understand. Is that official yet?
Aug. 14, 2023 at 7:48 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyScotty
I understand. Is that official yet?

It is not official official, because if he retires, he doesn't get the rest of his money. However, no one is talking seriously about when he will return, because it is too dangerous.
Aug. 25, 2023 at 3:33 p.m.
Backn 2da leff-JFK
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Great pickup for VAN

Suter > Kampf 😢

Kubalik-Kampf-Suter way to go Chicago
Aug. 25, 2023 at 5:36 p.m.
Quoting: CannaHawk
Kubalik-Kampf-Suter way to go Chicago

I liked those three in Chicago. I thought they had a lot of potential. I couldn't believe they let them all go without qualifying offers.
Jan. 27 at 4:21 a.m.
Suter has been weirdly good at scoring goals (12 goals and only 4 assists) and he's been great defensively for being a 3rd / 4th liner. Easy win for the Canucks. You could pay him twice as much and it would still be an okay deal.

On the other hand, David Kampf has been defensively unplayable at times.
mv21227 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 8:46 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Suter has been weirdly good at scoring goals (12 goals and only 4 assists) and he's been great defensively for being a 3rd / 4th liner. Easy win for the Canucks. You could pay him twice as much and it would still be an okay deal.

On the other hand, David Kampf has been defensively unplayable at times.

*offensively*
Jan. 27 at 11:57 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
*offensively*

Both really. 4 goals and 4 assists in 45 games is not worth $2.4 million. Hell, it's barely worth minimum wage and an NHL spot. ... And the Leafs will be paying him that for the next three seasons.

With so much money going to the big four, the Leafs can't afford to miss on ANY depth player. Missing this badly for this long is devastating.
mv21227 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 10:03 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Both really. 4 goals and 4 assists in 45 games is not worth $2.4 million. Hell, it's barely worth minimum wage and an NHL spot. ... And the Leafs will be paying him that for the next three seasons.

With so much money going to the big four, the Leafs can't afford to miss on ANY depth player. Missing this badly for this long is devastating.

Kampf was scratched for 1 game and was missed a ton... Especially on PK... I don't mind paying that for THE PK guy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit