RW
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
      $7,750,000$7,750,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $830,833$830,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      LW, C
      UFA
      $950,000$950,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 2
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      RW
      RFA
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 2
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      $2,375,000$2,375,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $1,600,000$1,600,000
      LD/RD
      RFA - 1
      $6,250,000$6,250,000
      LD/RD
      NTC
      UFA - 7
      $1,450,000$1,450,000
      G
      RFA - 2
      $8,350,000$8,350,000
      LD
      UFA - 8
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      G
      RFA - 2
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      LD
      RFA
      $5,100,000$5,100,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $850,000$850,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      $6,250,000$6,250,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $775,000$775,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      So you think that your new #1C for the next six or seven seasons is only going to cost you Owen Tippett, a late first and a future second?

I don't think so.
      SomeonesOffended and LosPatos liked this.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 3:15 p.m.
      Future Ducks legend
      Quoting: OldNYIfan
      So you think that your new #1C for the next six or seven seasons is only going to cost you Owen Tippett, a late first and a future second?

I don't think so.

I don't know old friend, I think that might be a deal we take. Tippet was a bit slow to develop, but he's on pace for another 30 goal season, seems like the goal scoring RW we need, on top of that, he's not undersized either.

Maybe it makes more sense to keep Zegras and move him to the wing, but I don't feel this offer is far off either.
      OldNYIfan and DH28Hockey liked this.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Quoting: GiggywithGibby
      I don't know old friend, I think that might be a deal we take. Tippet was a bit slow to develop, but he's on pace for another 30 goal season, seems like the goal scoring RW we need, on top of that, he's not undersized either.

Maybe it makes more sense to keep Zegras and move him to the wing, but I don't feel this offer is far off either.

Always great to hear an opinion differing from mine!

Thanks for provoking my thoughts.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
      Always great to hear an opinion differing from mine!

Thanks for provoking my thoughts.

Couple of things I'll add to note:

-Like the one response said, Tippett has blossomed late but is a pretty safe bet to be a consistent 25-35 goal scorer at this point IMO, which is something I've seen Ducks fans say is a need. He's also on the bigger side and still pretty young w/ RFA control. The only reason I think Philly might move him is because Gauthier plays an incredibly similar game and they're already loaded at RW.

-I think Philly would be flexible with which 1st they move in a scenario where they have multiple. If their own ends up being top-15 I could see them being reluctant to move that, but I could see them make something work where the pick is closer to 18-23 range than the 27+ range

-I don't think claiming this as Philly getting their long term 1C is the right way to look at it. In this current lineup, I'd technically call Couturier the top Center in the organization, I put him at 2C here because he's shown time and time again that he can elevate his linemate's games and could potentially do wonders for both Tuomaala and Foerster. I also think internally there's hope that Gauthier can become as good if not better than Zegras long term. This would very much be a "Center depth by committee" sort of roster
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Quoting: DH28Hockey
      Couple of things I'll add to note:

-Like the one response said, Tippett has blossomed late but is a pretty safe bet to be a consistent 25-35 goal scorer at this point IMO, which is something I've seen Ducks fans say is a need. He's also on the bigger side and still pretty young w/ RFA control. The only reason I think Philly might move him is because Gauthier plays an incredibly similar game and they're already loaded at RW.

-I think Philly would be flexible with which 1st they move in a scenario where they have multiple. If their own ends up being top-15 I could see them being reluctant to move that, but I could see them make something work where the pick is closer to 18-23 range than the 27+ range

-I don't think claiming this as Philly getting their long term 1C is the right way to look at it. In this current lineup, I'd technically call Couturier the top Center in the organization, I put him at 2C here because he's shown time and time again that he can elevate his linemate's games and could potentially do wonders for both Tuomaala and Foerster. I also think internally there's hope that Gauthier can become as good if not better than Zegras long term. This would very much be a "Center depth by committee" sort of roster

And thanks to you, not just my esteemed friend Gibby, for provoking an intelligent and courteous discussion.

Here's my thinking, FWIW:

1. I note that this is (sensibly) an off-season idea, not TDL move. Therefore, a great deal would depend upon whether Anaheim's own draft pick was first overall.
      2. If Anaheim is looking at Mack Celebrini, then it's possible that Zegras becomes expendable. I still don't think the offer is enough, because we're essentially trading our #1LW for a #2RW plus a late first and future second, but I'll go along with GiggyWithGibby for purposes of this discussion. (Zegras for Gauthier and Tippett no picks is more my speed, but maybe I'm overboard.)
      3. If Anaheim's pick ISN'T first overall, then I wouldn't be motivated towards this at all. Zegras - Carlsson - Terry plus McTavish and our 2024 first seems a lot stronger than Carlsson - Terry and McTavish - Tippett plus two 2024 firsts unless the later one is also earlier than #20.

I hope all my fellow Anaheim stalwarts chime in on this one!

@CHAR
      @GeneralLandro
      @Lenny7
      DH28Hockey and Lenny7 liked this.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
      And thanks to you, not just my esteemed friend Gibby, for provoking an intelligent and courteous discussion.

Here's my thinking, FWIW:

1. I note that this is (sensibly) an off-season idea, not TDL move. Therefore, a great deal would depend upon whether Anaheim's own draft pick was first overall.
      2. If Anaheim is looking at Mack Celebrini, then it's possible that Zegras becomes expendable. I still don't think the offer is enough, because we're essentially trading our #1LW for a #2RW plus a late first and future second, but I'll go along with GiggyWithGibby for purposes of this discussion. (Zegras for Gauthier and Tippett no picks is more my speed, but maybe I'm overboard.)
      3. If Anaheim's pick ISN'T first overall, then I wouldn't be motivated towards this at all. Zegras - Carlsson - Terry plus McTavish and our 2024 first seems a lot stronger than Carlsson - Terry and McTavish - Tippett plus two 2024 firsts unless the later one is also earlier than #20.

I hope all my fellow Anaheim stalwarts chime in on this one!

CHAR
      GeneralLandro
      Lenny7

I’m keeping Z myself here

I saw this when it was first posted and didn’t respond because I was a little torn but I’d need more from Tippet showing his goal scoring abilities for this trade

I think I’d rather sit on Z and have a possibly on drafting Cole Eiserman for our new sniper

I have also been messing around with looking at lineups with us trading for Brady Tkachuk
      OldNYIfan, DH28Hockey and Lenny7 liked this.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 5:03 p.m.
      Jah1722
      I’m not trading Zegras unless he’s had some doubts about being a Duck long term. Even if you doubt Zegras, he’s gonna be a great player, probably around PPG and if you’re a believer you think he’ll pass that. Ducks have and will always need scoring. Zegras, Carlsson, McTavish, and Terry as the core of the top 6 long term is great. Need to add to that not make lateral swaps.

I’d trade from the D prospect core to improve the top 6 forwards. They have 3 high end LHD prospects/young NHLers. Trade one of Zellweger or LaCombe for the upgrade. 3 LD can always be filled be a cheap vet during contention or maybe Hinds becomes the perfect 3LD.

If the ducks trade Zegras for Tippet, while they fill the RW hole in the top 6, they’ve created a LW hole now that needs to be filled.

All in all, if PHI takes Zellweger/LaCombe and a pick for Tippet I’d do it. But I’m not trading Zegras.
      OldNYIfan and DH28Hockey liked this.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
      See you space cowboy
      Any season we add three years of Campbell is far from perfect.
      Dec. 24, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.

At a minimum this deal should be the Philly 2024 1st with top 5 protection rather than the FLD 1st + a 2025 2nd. Relative to the strength of Anaheim's prospect pool (top 3 in the league) neither of the picks offered is very enticing.

That said, I'm not the biggest Tippet fan but will fully admit that I don't watch all that many Flyers games. Basically none unless they play the Ducks. More than anything I'm loath to repeat last summer of Verbeek putting the contract screws to another RFA. Farabee would be way more up my ally in large part because his contract is what it is.

It's amazing how fast the general hockey fan turned against Zegras. All flash, no substance. Etc, etc. The kid is 22 and spent his entire career to date playing for a TERRIBLE coach. Verbeek hedged his bets with a three year contract so we might as well be patient with Zegras to see how he develops from here on that deal. In other words I have no interest in trading him.
      OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
      Dec. 26, 2023 at 9:15 p.m.
      LosPatos
      Quoting: GiggywithGibby

I’m very against selling any players that aren’t expiring UFA. Ducks should be in their “build” part of their rebuild. The first 10 games was a great preview of a good Anaheim team when fully healthy.

Selling Zegras would be a mistake. He’s a fan favorite and based off this last game against, he’s a massive boost in the locker room and the lineup. I’d rather have him on an off position then him be with a different team popping off at center.

Tippett would be a nice addition but not at the price of Zegras.
      OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
      Dec. 26, 2023 at 10:21 p.m.
      Future Ducks legend
      Quoting: CHAR
      It's amazing how fast the general hockey fan turned against Zegras. All flash, no substance. Etc, etc. The kid is 22 and spent his entire career to date playing for a TERRIBLE coach. Verbeek hedged his bets with a three year contract so we might as well be patient with Zegras to see how he develops from here on that deal. In other words I have no interest in trading him.

Media has a new golden boy in Bedard to swoon over, and he's on a "real" team. I'm not looking to run him out the door by any means, but we're here to explore possibilities. Now if the Habs fans will knock off their nonsense about trading for him with loose change, that would be great.
      OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll