3$5,750,000
2$4,000,000
4$5,500,000
1$3,500,000
2$1,000,000
2$1,300,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Hathaway, Garnet ($1,000,000 retained)
PHI
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Jones, Seth
  2. 2025 1st round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
Willy gets to play with Bedard and not have to worry about winning. Would have been nice if they worked this out before signing Willy. Give him one more kick at the can in TO than kick his can out.
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,500,000$87,186,334$0$0$313,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW
UFA
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA
$816,667$816,667
C, LW
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 17 at 9:00 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
That ship has sailed. No GM could survive signing him and trading him a few months later
DealFinder67, Garak, SomeonesOffended and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:01 a.m.
"not have to worry about winning".

Are you watching the same team? He's the ONLY one who's worried about winning. Trade Marner
Jan. 17 at 9:03 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: AquaticOwl
"not have to worry about winning".

Are you watching the same team? He's the ONLY one who's worried about winning. Trade Marner

Really? He is playing shinny out there. He floats all game, looking for a breakaway pass. Doesn’t backcheck, doesn’t win puck battles. Not sure what game you’re watching. Guy has no heart
exo2769 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:04 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: jonh514
That ship has sailed. No GM could survive signing him and trading him a few months later

I know. I was just hoping they worked this out before they signed Willy. Maybe Tre had a shred of common sense and thought we can’t take another 11.5M on forward but hey he sells jerseys
jonh514 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:06 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: DealFinder67
I know. I was just hoping they worked this out before they signed Willy. Maybe Tre had a shred of common sense and thought we can’t take another 11.5M on forward but hey he sells jerseys

He's a prisoner of the cap structure the previous regime put in place. To break the culture of overpaying, you would have had to trade Matthews and Nylander.
DealFinder67 and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:11 a.m.
CHI absolutely would not do that, though. We might do Jones for Nylander 1 for 1, but even that is doubtful. There is ZERO chance of CHI trading their 2025 1st.

Also, $11.5 was always WAYY too much for him. His extension does the opposite of increasing his value, and the NMC severely diminishes TOR's leverage, if they can even get him to waive.
DealFinder67, Snowhawk18, YeahRighttt and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:11 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Unfortunately for you kinda fortunately for the rest of the Atlantic division you're stuck with Softlander
DealFinder67, Garak and exo2769 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:12 a.m.
We Need D!!
He's a prisoner of the cap structure the previous regime put in place. To break the culture of overpaying, you would have had to trade Matthews and Nylander.

I agree for sure and with the taxes in Canada it makes it tricky. Matthews is deserving of what he is getting but none of the top guys except Rielly(stud) are earning their contract. Should have set the new standard with Willy but he caved in and gave him the absolute maximum with a full NMC. Crazy
Garak liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:14 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
Unfortunately for you kinda fortunately for the rest of the Atlantic division you're stuck with Softlander

Lol thanks. You think a guy like Shanahan that played as tough as he did would want more guys like him.? He kind of went the other way, pretty disappointing
Boltsradynasty liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:16 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: Garak
CHI absolutely would not do that, though. We might do Jones for Nylander 1 for 1, but even that is doubtful. There is ZERO chance of CHI trading their 2025 1st.

Also, $11.5 was always WAYY too much for him. His extension does the opposite of increasing his value, and the NMC severely diminishes TOR's leverage, if they can even get him to waive.

Can’t see a 1 for 1 but maybe not a 1st. It is way too high for sure but Chi will have space for some years to come, they also need some talent to play Bedard to keep him interested
Jan. 17 at 9:19 a.m.
Can’t see a 1 for 1 but maybe not a 1st. It is way too high for sure but Chi will have space for some years to come, they also need some talent to play Bedard to keep him interested

Interested in what?
DealFinder67 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:20 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
I agree for sure and with the taxes in Canada it makes it tricky. Matthews is deserving of what he is getting but none of the top guys except Rielly(stud) are earning their contract. Should have set the new standard with Willy but he caved in and gave him the absolute maximum with a full NMC. Crazy

Matthews IS worth it, but it's not the point. Boston historically had numerous players over the past decade that took less money than they were worth. If your top 4-5 guys all do that, the pressure goes on the whole team to do it and it becomes a culture of "us" rather than "me".
DealFinder67 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:21 a.m.
torontos finest
aren't you supposed to be cheering for a new team since nylander made 11.5?
Jan. 17 at 9:27 a.m.
Snowhawk
It’s amazing that people criticize Nylander for playing soft and yet the 6’3, 215 Charmin soft centre who has never finished a check in his life gets a free pass… don’t get me wrong Matthew’s is obviously an elite goal scorer, arguable the best but when he is your leader and shows no grit, that’s the example others will follow.

I can’t wait until Marner signs his next extension at $12.5m per season with the Leafs… it will be must see TV watching the Leafs fans losing their collective minds. 😂
DealFinder67, Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:32 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: Garak
Interested in what?

Interested in playing in Chicago. If he is getting killed for 3 years straight, may not be too appetizing to stay. They tried this year with Hall but didn’t work out.
Garak and Newgod77 liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:36 a.m.
We Need D!!
Matthews IS worth it, but it's not the point. Boston historically had numerous players over the past decade that took less money than they were worth. If your top 4-5 guys all do that, the pressure goes on the whole team to do it and it becomes a culture of "us" rather than "me".

I agree with you and Boston was a super power because of it. Tor has to pay more because of the tax situation but yes no one is taking deals here. The worst part for me is, all this money is on forward and they can’t figure out why they can’t win 🤷‍♂️
jonh514 and YeahRighttt liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:39 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
I agree with you and Boston was a super power because of it. Tor has to pay more because of the tax situation but yes no one is taking deals here. The worst part for me is, all this money is on forward and they can’t figure out why they can’t win 🤷‍♂️

No doubt. It was the wrong move. I look at a team like the Wild. Similar structure where the top 5 players are 4 forwards and a defenseman, but they left so much money on the table that they would be able to build a contender around them (or they would if not for the buyouts dragging them down.)

Toronto did not learn from their own history... And those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it!
Jan. 17 at 9:40 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: Snowhawk18
It’s amazing that people criticize Nylander for playing soft and yet the 6’3, 215 Charmin soft centre who has never finished a check in his life gets a free pass… don’t get me wrong Matthew’s is obviously an elite goal scorer, arguable the best but when he is your leader and shows no grit, that’s the example others will follow.

I can’t wait until Marner signs his next extension at $12.5m per season with the Leafs… it will be must see TV watching the Leafs fans losing their collective minds. 😂

How are you comparing Matthews to Nylander? That’s the problem when you make comments but don’t watch the games. Matthews maybe doesn’t hit all the time but he never backs away from a puck battle, plus rarely does he ever lose a puck battle. He back checks and plays tough on his own end. Nylander is playing shinny out there, floating and waiting for passes. Will never be first to a puck in the corner because he might get hit. He is only an asset if the puck is on his stick, if not he is pretty useless and extremely overpaid
Garak liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:42 a.m.
Edited Jan. 17 at 9:49 a.m.
Interested in playing in Chicago. If he is getting killed for 3 years straight, may not be too appetizing to stay. They tried this year with Hall but didn’t work out.

I'm glad you said it straight up. Most people beat around the bush about what they mean when they say stuff like that, but I don't think Bedard or CHI are worried about that. He understands the plan and it's not like he has much choice either, unless he wills CHI into the playoffs. Regardless of what CHI currently is compared to other teams, the players in CHI are still better than anyone he has ever played on a team with. The team will get better and additions will be made that will be exciting to play with. Everyone just needs to practice patience if they want the rebuild done right. We are barely two years into the rebuild, and Bedard hasn't even been with CHI for one year. Everyone needs to relax.
DealFinder67, Snowhawk18, YeahRighttt and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:43 a.m.
We Need D!!
No doubt. It was the wrong move. I look at a team like the Wild. Similar structure where the top 5 players are 4 forwards and a defenseman, but they left so much money on the table that they would be able to build a contender around them (or they would if not for the buyouts dragging them down.)

Toronto did not learn from their own history... And those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it!

No they didn’t learn from their own history but their fans are over here like wtf are you doing??

I feel for the Wild right. Can’t remember who it is but they have a couple big name buyouts that are going against the cap for the next few years, once they get rid of those, they could be a contender
HuGo is a Boss GM
How are you comparing Matthews to Nylander? That’s the problem when you make comments but don’t watch the games. Matthews maybe doesn’t hit all the time but he never backs away from a puck battle, plus rarely does he ever lose a puck battle. He back checks and plays tough on his own end. Nylander is playing shinny out there, floating and waiting for passes. Will never be first to a puck in the corner because he might get hit. He is only an asset if the puck is on his stick, if not he is pretty useless and extremely overpaid

To be fair, there needs to be a #1 a #2 and a #3 on every forward line, but at the price they are paying, it would be nice if Nylander could shift between roles.
SomeonesOffended liked this.

Chicago is trying to build for sustained playoff success. Something Toronto fans are unfamiliar with in recent years. So cutting of your nose to spite your face is not the best course of action.
DealFinder67, YeahRighttt, Garak and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:46 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
No they didn’t learn from their own history but their fans are over here like wtf are you doing??

I feel for the Wild right. Can’t remember who it is but they have a couple big name buyouts that are going against the cap for the next few years, once they get rid of those, they could be a contender

Lol... You say that but I offered two very aggressive trade offers for Marner in the past 2 days and Leafs fans are gaslighting me claiming they only trade him for 4 first round picks+

I don't think you are in the majority with your point of view.
Garak and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:47 a.m.

Don’t think anyone needs to worry about Bedard being interested. He may be young but he is no dummy & rest assured the K. D. Is communicating with him the game plan & the road map on how the plan on getting to the cup. One doesn’t create a championship caliber core through free agency or trades, one does it though the draft . Then fills in the missing pieces through free agency & trades. Hawks have one of the better prospect pools now with plenty of high picks in their pocket. Bedard should be able to see where the best chance for long term success is.
DealFinder67, SomeonesOffended, Garak and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 17 at 9:51 a.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: YeahRighttt
Don’t think anyone needs to worry about Bedard being interested. He may be young but he is no dummy & rest assured the K. D. Is communicating with him the game plan & the road map on how the plan on getting to the cup. One doesn’t create a championship caliber core through free agency or trades, one does it though the draft . Then fills in the missing pieces through free agency & trades. Hawks have one of the better prospect pools now with plenty of high picks in their pocket. Bedard should be able to see where the best chance for long term success is.

Listen, you may be right but that doesn’t help us with our Nylander situation. Lol. Such a frustrating team to be a fan of. I just want some defence and heart 😂
Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll