$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$825,000$825,000
C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1 at 2:18 p.m.
Tank it baby
Yzerman isn't trading a 1st for rental Monahan. 🙄
Feb. 1 at 2:19 p.m.
Detroit is not anywhere close to being in a position to contemplate more expensive rentals.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 2:20 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: SharkTank

They're fine with Compher at 2C.

Oops I just answered myself.

Mike Babcock 101. 😬
habitantlecolon and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 2:22 p.m.
Joe
Short answer: no.
Long answer: Hell no.
erh1991 and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 2:36 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan

Would definitely hope not. Odds are though that Monahan will get a first rounder for Montreal. It's a sellers market this year first of all. Monahan this year is outscoring Lindholm. Not saying he is better than Lindholm, but considering he is outscoring and has under a 2 million cap hit most insiders have stated Montreal's asking price starts at a 1st. Considering what Calgary got for Lindholm, with Monahan and his low cap hit, a team somewhere will offer a first.
Just not the rest of extras Lindholm got.
Feb. 1 at 2:39 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: hockeynutter
Would definitely hope not. Odds are though that Monahan will get a first rounder for Montreal. It's a sellers market this year first of all. Monahan this year is outscoring Lindholm. Not saying he is better than Lindholm, but considering he is outscoring and has under a 2 million cap hit most insiders have stated Montreal's asking price starts at a 1st. Considering what Calgary got for Lindholm, with Monahan and his low cap hit, a team somewhere will offer a first.

I'm not disputing the chance of Monahan getting a 1st for the reasons you mentioned.

I never thought Chiarot and Savard would get 1sts but they did.

Which is probably the main reason why Habs fans believe Monahan WILL get a 1st.

All it takes is for one desperate GM to knuckle under and panic buy.

I'm just saying Detroit won't be trading a 1st for the reasons I mentioned previously.
JoeROFLCOPTER and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 2:42 p.m.
i think yzerman would be willing to do edvinsson + danielson + 1st ++ for monahan
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 2:45 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
I'm not disputing the chance of Monahan getting a 1st for the reasons you mentioned.

I never thought Chiarot and Savard would get 1sts but they did.

Which is probably the main reason why Habs fans believe Monahan WILL get a 1st.

All it takes is for one desperate GM to knuckle under and panic buy.

I'm just saying Detroit won't be trading a 1st for the reasons I mentioned previously.

I was agreeing to that, that I would hope Yzerman does not do that. the wings are still not as good as the record is showing. They have a lot of defensive mistakes and outshot most of the time. They are being bailed out by Lyon and a good offense. Reminds me.of the good ol leafs. Yzerman is better standing pat, and look to improve defense next year and incorporate some of his prospects.
Monahan could do wonders for a team like Colorado to help push them further and a 1st round pick then is worth it. Similar to Goodrow, Coleman and Paul with Tampa Bay.
Feb. 1 at 2:46 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: ItsAlwaysSunnyInDetroit
i think yzerman would be willing to do edvinsson + danielson + 1st ++ for monahan

Not enough. Think we gotta throw Seider in there, too.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Not enough. Think we gotta throw Seider in there, too.

duh, what do you think i meant by ++
Feb. 1 at 2:49 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: ItsAlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Don't do drugs kids. 😁
Feb. 1 at 2:51 p.m.
Tank it baby
I was agreeing to that, that I would hope Yzerman does not do that. the wings are still not as good as the record is showing. They have a lot of defensive mistakes and outshot most of the time. They are being bailed out by Lyon and a good offense. Reminds me.of the good ol leafs. Yzerman is better standing pat, and look to improve defense next year and incorporate some of his prospects.
Monahan could do wonders for a team like Colorado to help push them further and a 1st round pick then is worth it. Similar to Goodrow, Coleman and Paul with Tampa Bay.

That man to man defensive coverage Newsy has been bragging about didn't work last night.

Sens could've easily won that game by 5 goals if it weren't for Lyon bailing them out as usual. 😬

Red Wings didn't even touch the puck in that OT! 🙄
Feb. 1 at 2:53 p.m.
lol....that is all
Feb. 1 at 2:56 p.m.

This is such a silly take.

"They are bailed out by scoring goals and their goalie saving pucks"...so you mean they are winning games by their players doing what they're supposed to do.

They are not outshot most nights and have been playing fantastic team defense since the start of 2024.

Try watching the games before commenting.
Feb. 1 at 2:56 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
That man to man defensive coverage Newsy has been bragging about didn't work last night.

Sens could've easily won that game by 5 goals if it weren't for Lyon bailing them out as usual. 😬

Exactly. The three luckiest teams with PDO this year if I remember last time I checked are Vancouver, Winnipeg and Detroit. Biggest differences from Vancouver is they have high end talent capable of scoring like they are and Demko has proven to be a greta goaltender in the past. Last year he wasn't healthy. Winnipeg has been lucky offensively but defensively they are top notch plus hellebuyck which echos Vancouver. This their positioning makes some sense.
Detroit does not have a vezina type goalie and aside from their first line, does not show enough talents like Vancouver. Detroit can have a bright future if their youngsters and raft picks are kept for next year or so. Then they can develop a much better D core and a great second line to work with Larkin and Debrincat.
Feb. 1 at 3:01 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: PuzzledActuary
This is such a silly take.

"They are bailed out by scoring goals and their goalie saving pucks"...so you mean they are winning games by their players doing what they're supposed to do.

They are not outshot most nights and have been playing fantastic team defense since the start of 2024.

Try watching the games before commenting.

They were outshot by the Senators last night. They were outshot by the flyers a week before. Those are two recent examples I remember. Plus the PDO metric measured by advanced show Detroit, Vancouver and Winnipeg near the top.
Detroit has a lot of great pieces, I am mainly stating they are better waiting and keeping their first round pick and develop a D core with many of the prospects once ripened.

Monahan will get something very close to a first and prospect. History has shown it. I don't think it is worth it for Detroit. Let Detroit fight for the playoffs, if they make it great and see where they go. Great experience and they can use that to improve. That will put them and keep them above Buffalo and Ottawa where 90% of insider predictions thought Detroit was worse.
Detroit winning like this will only help.

Stand corrected, they were being outshot in last night's game. Ended at 25 apiece for both teams.
Feb. 1 at 3:17 p.m.
They were outshot by the Senators last night. They were outshot by the flyers a week before. Those are two recent examples I remember. Plus the PDO metric measured by advanced show Detroit, Vancouver and Winnipeg near the top.
Detroit has a lot of great pieces, I am mainly stating they are better waiting and keeping their first round pick and develop a D core with many of the prospects once ripened.

Monahan will get something very close to a first and prospect. History has shown it. I don't think it is worth it for Detroit. Let Detroit fight for the playoffs, if they make it great and see where they go. Great experience and they can use that to improve. That will put them and keep them above Buffalo and Ottawa where 90% of insider predictions thought Detroit was worse.
Detroit winning like this will only help.

Stand corrected, they were being outshot in last night's game. Ended at 25 apiece for both teams.

They've played 50 games, you can point to TWO where they were outshot lol...teams get outshot ALL the time.

The Monahan trade is nonsense, that's completely aside from your terrible analysis.

I highly doubt he gets a 1st - not sure what history you're referring to. Defensemen are typically sought after at the deadline, not Cs that are 1 year removed from being a buyout candidate.
Feb. 1 at 3:25 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: PuzzledActuary
They've played 50 games, you can point to TWO where they were outshot lol...teams get outshot ALL the time.

The Monahan trade is nonsense, that's completely aside from your terrible analysis.

I highly doubt he gets a 1st.

All insiders have predicting a first for Monahan. Monahan is outscoring Lindholm this year. Was on pace last year as well before he got injured. Lindholm got a 1st, a conditional 4th, two prospects and Kuzmenko who scored 65+ points last year.

Monahan is also paid under 2 million making a very easy cap hit for many contenders. That makes trading a first for Monahan highly predictable when Pageau, Goodrow, Coleman, Paul, Jeannot, Chiarot, Reilly, and many many more and gotten a first round pick more believable.

Depending on the contender, trading a last 1st for Monahan who can maybe get 60 points this year, a dependable center and defensive minded for a prospect with a 30% chance of making the NHL worth it.

Also Detroit is listed as the 4 highest PDO ranked team. Which ranks teams based on luck. These teams tend to play worse the next year.
Hence my reasoning that Detroit is better to keep their assets and develop. Use this year as a great learning experience to properly develop.
Feb. 1 at 3:28 p.m.
Joe

The current OT meta makes me want to rip my hair out
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 3:36 p.m.
Tank it baby
The current OT meta makes me want to rip my hair out

It's a skills competition.

I hate the retracting and half a$$ing.

Drives me up the wall!
Feb. 1 at 3:37 p.m.
Joe
It's a skills competition.

I hate the retracting and half a$$ing.

Drives me up the wall!

They need a blue-line violation, like in basketball
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1 at 4:09 p.m.

Would you take Monahan over Lindholm?
Feb. 1 at 4:12 p.m.

Sounds good to me. Currently i t's like NHL 92-99.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Feb. 1 at 4:14 p.m.
Tank it baby

Yeah. A team shouldn't get to retract endlessly.

It slows the game down.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Feb. 1 at 4:14 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: aedoran
Would you take Monahan over Lindholm?

I sure wouldn't. 😬
aedoran liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option