Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
2024 6th round pick (OTT - #168)
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: $0
Change: -$839,167
Change: -$70,000
Ottawa Senators Acquire:
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
Jamieson Rees · $0$839,167$70,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$839,167$70,000
Change: $0
Change: +$839,167
Change: +$70,000
Mar. 15 at 3:57 p.m.
Rees was good when drafted. Not so much anymore. Hopefully he can develop in Ottawa and become the player he was supposed to be in Carolina.
Mar. 15 at 4:03 p.m.
CAR still managed to get an asset from a player with 0 goal in 37 AHL games this year, that's a win
Mar. 15 at 4:06 p.m.
Quoting: pinslack
CAR still managed to get an asset from a player with 0 goal in 37 AHL games this year, that's a win

Had 40ish points in 60ish games last year. Just is having an off year.
Oddjob, sensonfire, TheBoyDuddus and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 15 at 4:34 p.m.
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: myboykole
Had 40ish points in 60ish games last year. Just is having an off year.

If zero in 37 is an off year, I am also having an off year... Lol
ricochetii, pinslack, TheBoyDuddus and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 15 at 4:40 p.m.
Sens must see something they like. Don't follow the Canes prospects enough to understand the root of his decline this year, but it Don't really see the vision here. Ultimately it's a 6th, who cares
Mar. 15 at 5:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
4 assists in 37 AHL games gets u a 6th HUH

Would understand if he was a defensive D but hes a Center
HockeyManiac95 liked this.
Mar. 15 at 5:26 p.m.
sensonfire
Anything more than a 6th rounder and it's a win for Carolina.

Also, the trade deadlines for the NHL and the AHL should be the same IMO.

But whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
HockeyManiac95 liked this.
Mar. 15 at 6:26 p.m.
Canes hockey.
Rees was a pretty fun player to watch two years ago...don't really know what happened. I know the whole AHL situation isn't ideal, and going to a new AHL team with Springfield was a big adjustment, but he was just plain awful with them. Played 2nd line sometimes, mostly on the 4th line when he wasn't scratched, in which he was a lot. I really like Rees physical play, and he was a beast in 22-23 after winning the calder cup, but I just wish he reaches the NHL one day. I don't think we would've ever gave him a good chance in the NHL, but I really wish he improves with Belleville/Ottawa, and getting a 6th rounder for what he is now is decent.
sensonfire liked this.
Mar. 15 at 8:00 p.m.
McMann Season
I haven't seen him play, but looking at stats I think it's an overpay atm...
(Of course he can bounce back)
Mar. 15 at 8:04 p.m.
Timmy Superstar
Quoting: CameronSquires
I haven't seen him play, but looking at stats I think it's an overpay atm...
(Of course he can bounce back)

It's a 6th lol
Mar. 15 at 8:04 p.m.
McMann Season
Quoting: mart
It's a 6th lol

A 6th has worth still, not a ton though yeah

But I do overvalue later picks compared to a lot of other ppl I admit
Mar. 16 at 5:58 a.m.
Quoting: Svechy37
Rees was a pretty fun player to watch two years ago...don't really know what happened. I know the whole AHL situation isn't ideal, and going to a new AHL team with Springfield was a big adjustment, but he was just plain awful with them. Played 2nd line sometimes, mostly on the 4th line when he wasn't scratched, in which he was a lot. I really like Rees physical play, and he was a beast in 22-23 after winning the calder cup, but I just wish he reaches the NHL one day. I don't think we would've ever gave him a good chance in the NHL, but I really wish he improves with Belleville/Ottawa, and getting a 6th rounder for what he is now is decent.

that's what happens to Carolina prospects because of Dundon and Waddell not caring to get a AHL team. Rees went from champ to chump while Suzuki is not developing and we can say he's a bust.

I'm afraid the same will happen to Unger Sorum, Nadeau, Blake and others once they move to AHL.
Mar. 16 at 6:01 a.m.
Quoting: CMac66
If zero in 37 is an off year, I am also having an off year... Lol

ur wrong, can't have an off year if you can't make it to the AHL, in which Rees succeeded
Mar. 16 at 8:54 a.m.
Amirov Forever
I like Rees, solid pickup for Ottawa and smart move for the Canes
Mar. 16 at 10:32 a.m.
Go Habs Go

As far as I know he's missed a lot of time between COVID, injuries, and suspensions. He seems to have gotten away from offense and leaned more into physical play, lost his identity, and squandered his opportunities.
All those factors have resulted in poor development and lost confidence in his ability to contribute positively at the NHL level.
Better chance as a reclamation project than a typical 6th round pick.
Svechy37 liked this.
Mar. 16 at 1:36 p.m.
and proud of it
Win for Carolina
Mar. 16 at 10:53 p.m.
Canes hockey.
Quoting: BigVuVu
that's what happens to Carolina prospects because of Dundon and Waddell not caring to get a AHL team. Rees went from champ to chump while Suzuki is not developing and we can say he's a bust.

I'm afraid the same will happen to Unger Sorum, Nadeau, Blake and others once they move to AHL.

Waddell has no control over whether we have an AHL team or not, can only choose where players go (but I do think he messed up by keeping Suzuki and Rees in Springfield, especially after Fensore, Seeley, and Ponomarev went back to Chicago anyways). Tom Dundon has to find a solution, and I think he will soon though, and we really have to. I think guys like Blake and Nadeau would be fine with another year in college, and unless FUS makes the team, he needs another season or two with Leksands to refine his game. But we need a solution quick though, like you said regression in Suzuki is sad too see, and with Rees of course, and countless other guys (like Gunler who played 24 games with Karpat and kinda did nothing, and hasn't played any hockey in 3 months....amazing development.)
BigVuVu liked this.
Mar. 19 at 3:18 a.m.
Waddell has no control over whether we have an AHL team or not, can only choose where players go (but I do think he messed up by keeping Suzuki and Rees in Springfield, especially after Fensore, Seeley, and Ponomarev went back to Chicago anyways). Tom Dundon has to find a solution, and I think he will soon though, and we really have to. I think guys like Blake and Nadeau would be fine with another year in college, and unless FUS makes the team, he needs another season or two with Leksands to refine his game. But we need a solution quick though, like you said regression in Suzuki is sad too see, and with Rees of course, and countless other guys (like Gunler who played 24 games with Karpat and kinda did nothing, and hasn't played any hockey in 3 months....amazing development.)

You can just... buy an AHL team. Hell Even Eugene Melnyk knew it was worth the price to establish your own in house farm system.
Mar. 19 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
You can just... buy an AHL team. Hell Even Eugene Melnyk knew it was worth the price to establish your own in house farm system.

Not really, the Canes have offered to pay for an expansion AHL team, the AHL declined, The Canes have to affiliate with the Wolves basically and the Wolves chose not to this year and might try to continue, the Canes don't exactly have many options, they have 1, re-affiliate with the Wolves
Svechy37 liked this.
Mar. 24 at 5:59 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: mart
It's a 6th lol

This is capfriendly where 95% of players not on your team are a cap dump and every prospect has guaranteed McDavid lite potential if they show anything at any point and are untouchable!
mart liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit