SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Predicting the next 8 Stanley cup finals

Jul. 24, 2017 at 12:54 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Keith isn't as good as perceived, and McDonagh is part of the "etc"

Keith was listed in the top 100!!!! and he won the conn smith TWO YEARS AGO!!!!! Klefbom and Ekholm can't be better than Keith if you ask me.

Alex Ovechkin one the Rocket one year ago, and was listed in the top 100. No way Nikita Kucherov can be better than him?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 1:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

Keith was listed in the top 100!!!! and he won the conn smith TWO YEARS AGO!!!!! Klefbom and Ekholm can't be better than Keith if you ask me.

Alex Ovechkin one the Rocket one year ago, and was listed in the top 100. No way Nikita Kucherov can be better than him?

I actually think Ovi is the better player. It's actually not easy to make it to the 3rd round.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 1:39 p.m.
do you plan on editing your post or are you just going to leave it?
nobody and LicMysak liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.

I actually think Ovi is the better player. It's actually not easy to make it to the 3rd round.

When you have 12 years, yeah, it's super easy. When push comes to shove, when fit hits the shan, Ovi is not the guy I want
Pasta88Sauce, LicMysak, Sahil2020 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 1:45 p.m.

Kucherov is a better player than Ovi. Maybe not better than Ovi was 3-4 years ago, but definitely if we're comparing the two now.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 2:59 p.m.

Teams that made the third round
ANA
ARI
BUF
BOS
CHI
CAR
DET
DAL
EDM
LA
MTL
NYR
NSH
NJ
OTT
PHI
PIT
SJS
STL
TB
VAN

21/30
70% of teams made it the third round since Ovi came to the NHL, that is pretty embarrassing for the caps considering they had 3 presidents trophies in that span
nobody, phillyjabroni and LicMysak liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
President Trophy Winners since 2005-2006

Washington Capitals (3)
Vancouver Canucks (2)
Detroit Redwings (2)
Buffalo Sabers (1)
Boston Bruins (1)
New York Rangers (1)
Chicago Blackhawks (1)
San Jose Sharks (1)

All of the winners, other than the Washington Capitals, that have won the President's Trophy, have advanced past the Second Round since 2005-2006
Sahil2020 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
Boston x8 because I'm a Boston fan smile
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

When you have 12 years, yeah, it's super easy. When push comes to shove, when fit hits the shan, Ovi is not the guy I want

I really don't want to sound mean here but i really want you to know that if you played in the NHL you'd understand how hard it is. We're talking about a really high level of hockey, and playing 12 years of NHL hockey doesn't mean you're going to make it to the 3rd round. Once again, i'm not trying to be mean but i really don't know if you understand how hard it is.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.

I really don't want to sound mean here but i really want you to know that if you played in the NHL you'd understand how hard it is. We're talking about a really high level of hockey, and playing 12 years of NHL hockey doesn't mean you're going to make it to the 3rd round. Once again, i'm not trying to be mean but i really don't know if you understand how hard it is.

But you have 9 playoff seasons, with 3 president's cup, in that run. Statistically, that should nearly guarantee a championship, much less at least a 3rd round bid.

There's no words to describe the Capitals playoff performances better than failure and disappointment.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.

It must be hard when you have (3) 100+ point seasons... winning Rocket trophy after Rocket trophy
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

It must be hard when you have (3) 100+ point seasons... winning Rocket trophy after Rocket trophy

yeah, and it still is.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mtdavis311

But you have 9 playoff seasons, with 3 president's cup, in that run. Statistically, that should nearly guarantee a championship, much less at least a 3rd round bid.

There's no words to describe the Capitals playoff performances better than failure and disappointment.

How about you go play for the Capitals and tell me if it's easy?
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:12 p.m.
Dan Carcilo has had it further than Ovi, as has Max Talbot, Aaron Ashem
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

yeah, and they were on better teams.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:14 p.m.
RAIF, clearly the NHL is hard, but they have achieved 3 presidents trophies in the span of 12 years, yet when it matters most, they fold
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:15 p.m.

2010 Flyers are not better than the President Trophy capitals

That's a strawman argument at best. Of course it wouldn't be easy for me. I've never played an organized game of ice hockey in my life. But luckily the Caps haven't signed me, because they've been too busy getting guys like Ovechkin, Kuzy, Oshie, Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, and other talent. This gave them, unquestionably, the best and deepest roster in the league last year. And they still couldn't get it done.

How is that anything but disappointment and failure? The Caps GM has even admitted himself that they're in a "cup slump without a cup".
Black Lives Matter

in the playoffs they were.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

That's a strawman argument at best. Of course it wouldn't be easy for me. I've never played an organized game of ice hockey in my life. But luckily the Caps haven't signed me, because they've been too busy getting guys like Ovechkin, Kuzy, Oshie, Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, and other talent. This gave them, unquestionably, the best and deepest roster in the league last year. And they still couldn't get it done.

How is that anything but disappointment and failure? The Caps GM has even admitted himself that they're in a "cup slump without a cup".

go play 12 years then in the NHL and tell me if it's easy to make it to round 3.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:17 p.m.

2016 Caps were one of the best, deepest rosters I've seen in recent history. Certainly better than the Pens 09 roster that Talbot won with.

in the playoffs they were.

No chance, they had an AHL level goalie in net, two decent defensmen (Kimmo Timonen and Chris Pronger)
RAIF, stop telling us the NHL is hard to play in. We get it. 12 years and no Conference Final, yikes.
nobody liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.

go play 12 years then in the NHL and tell me if it's easy to make it to round 3.

If I played twelve years of professional hockey, and had a team that won the President's Cup 3 times in that span and made the playoffs 6 other times, and we still never made it past winning 1 playoff series, I would consider myself and that team a disappointment.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 24, 2017 at 4:22 p.m.
And RAIF, still curious as to how you have two Atlantic Division teams playing in the Cup final in 2023... are you predicting a relocation none of us know about?
Pasta88Sauce and nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll