$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 23 at 4:53 p.m.
mostly harmless
Don't be absurd.
dopplsan, CaseyFlyman, SydBarrett and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 23 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: Viqsi
Don't be absurd.

Yeah, a lot for Montreal to give up but it might be worth it.
Apr. 23 at 4:57 p.m.
I post sometimes
I doubt both team accept.

Moreover, MTL should decline and keep their assets.
Montreal1st and Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 23 at 4:59 p.m.
Nah.
Quoting: Montreal1st
Yeah, a lot for Montreal to give up but it might be worth it.

No, no...you're going to have to pay to dump Anderson (who is certain to have CBJ on his NTC), then pay for Laine, then pay for Jiricek, two players who aren't even available.

There needs to be a lot more quality going to CBJ in this.
CaseyFlyman, SydBarrett, aedoran and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 23 at 5:09 p.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
No, no...you're going to have to pay to dump Anderson (who is certain to have CBJ on his NTC), then pay for Laine, then pay for Jiricek, two players who aren't even available.

There needs to be a lot more quality going to CBJ in this.

Montreal is giving up the biggest piece. Pay for Laine? You do know his production + injury history + salary?
Apr. 23 at 5:12 p.m.
Syd Barret
Think you forgot to add something for dumping Anderson and his horrible contract . Maybe slaf or CC
aedoran and SK101 liked this.
Apr. 23 at 5:20 p.m.
Quoting: SydBarrett
Think you forgot to add something for dumping Anderson and his horrible contract . Maybe slaf or CC

What?? He is getting less $$ than Laine even with an extra year.
Apr. 23 at 5:29 p.m.
Nah.
Montreal is giving up the biggest piece. Pay for Laine? You do know his production + injury history + salary?

I get it - the '24 1st (particularly if unprotected) is pretty nice. But Jiricek isn't being moved, and I'm not really here to just buy-out Andy who, again, isn't waiving that NTC.

And also much less production. Say what you want about Laine, he's a .80ppg surrounded by rookies on a rebuilding CBJ team who has been knocked around by fluke injuries and dirty hits.
CaseyFlyman and Viqsi liked this.
Apr. 23 at 5:39 p.m.
Syd Barret
Edited Apr. 23 at 5:44 p.m.

Do I need to show you how to access the nhl website so you can compare the two players??
Apr. 23 at 5:49 p.m.
Do I need to show you how to access the nhl website so you can compare the two players??

sure
Apr. 23 at 6:23 p.m.
Take out Jiricek and Laine and maybe Columbus considers.
dopplsan, Viqsi, squashmaple and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 23 at 6:28 p.m.
Syd Barret
sure

https://www.nhl.com/

This website is a fairly good tool to look into players .

Here you can find out that laine is 3 years younger , has significantly better stats , and is built much larger than Anderson . And by significantly better stats …. Laine has double the ppg than Anderson. It’s not even remotely close
dopplsan and Viqsi liked this.
Apr. 23 at 6:51 p.m.
https://www.nhl.com/

This website is a fairly good tool to look into players .

Here you can find out that laine is 3 years younger , has significantly better stats , and is built much larger than Anderson . And by significantly better stats …. Laine has double the ppg than Anderson. It’s not even remotely close

Oh, so you can agree that Laine is extremely over-paid, useless outside of PP time and even though big, he has a FRACTION of Anderson's hits. Actual money owed at this point is less for Anderson, Anderson is a power forward and not a "scorer". Few teams have the cap to roll the dice on Laine at this point. I could care less if Montreal gets Laine, it is a huge gamble to get a guy paid 9 million and can only get 15 minutes of ice time in Columbus
Apr. 23 at 6:59 p.m.
Syd Barret
Oh, so you can agree that Laine is extremely over-paid, useless outside of PP time and even though big, he has a FRACTION of Anderson's hits. Actual money owed at this point is less for Anderson, Anderson is a power forward and not a "scorer". Few teams have the cap to roll the dice on Laine at this point. I could care less if Montreal gets Laine, it is a huge gamble to get a guy paid 9 million and can only get 15 minutes of ice time in Columbus

😂😂😂😂 man this is so funny. I forgot goals don’t win games . Hits do. My bad I must have been thinking of a different sport .

If you think Laine is so terrible and Anderson is so good then why the hell did you put them in the trade
Apr. 23 at 7:00 p.m.

Anderson vs. Laine isn't even the crux of the argument. Jiricek has 1st-pair potential, and is the only RD in the system like that. If that pick is 6OA, the only RD with similar potential in this draft (Levshunov) is already gone. Honestly I don't think Columbus could trade him for 6OA straight up.

So the rest is Barron and Harris to dump Anderson. Anderson isn't waiving his NTC to go back to Columbus, which given how he left, is definitely one of his 5-8 teams depending on when the trade is proposed. Barron and Harris isn't enough to dump him, they're redundant and not an improvement on the plethora of D we already have.

And then you want us to add Laine, who aside from this year where he was taken out by headhunting and a slewfoot, has been near ppg for Columbus and is a previous 40-goal scorer. On a team with no cap crunch, no desire to move him, and a severe lack of star players.

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but come on...this isn't it.
dopplsan, Viqsi and SK101 liked this.
Apr. 23 at 7:00 p.m.
Nah.
Edited Apr. 23 at 7:05 p.m.

For someone who could care less, you seem to be very invested on the dunking ratio from everyone posting here.

Quoting: CaseyFlyman
Anderson vs. Laine isn't even the crux of the argument. Jiricek has 1st-pair potential, and is the only RD in the system like that. If that pick is 6OA, the only RD with similar potential in this draft (Levshunov) is already gone. Honestly I don't think Columbus could trade him for 6OA straight up.

So the rest is Barron and Harris to dump Anderson. Anderson isn't waiving his NTC to go back to Columbus, which given how he left, is definitely one of his 5-8 teams depending on when the trade is proposed. Barron and Harris isn't enough to dump him, they're redundant and not an improvement on the plethora of D we already have.

And then you want us to add Laine, who aside from this year where he was taken out by headhunting and a slewfoot, has been near ppg for Columbus and is a previous 40-goal scorer. On a team with no cap crunch, no desire to move him, and a severe lack of star players.

😂😂😂😂 man this is so funny. I forgot goals don’t win games . Hits do. My bad I must have been thinking of a different sport .

If you think Laine is so terrible and Anderson is so good then why the hell did you put them in the trade

Seriously. I’m certain there are a ton of teams that would love to trade for $16.5M worth of hits over the next three years.

CBJ just aren’t one of them.
Viqsi and SK101 liked this.
Apr. 23 at 8:40 p.m.

both might need a change...or retirement if you want to be super negative. Neither guy moves a needle on a good team. Do you want to pay 18 mill for 2 years of meh or 3 years of 15 mill for physical meh?
Apr. 23 at 8:42 p.m.
Quoting: CaseyFlyman

I have heard this, hopefully Jiricek is worthy of the #6 pick...I wish him well and would take a chance even giving up a 5 or 6 pick a few years later to get him. Not that this question diminishes him, but if he shot left instead of right...what would you really think of his game?
CaseyFlyman liked this.
Apr. 23 at 10:03 p.m.
I have heard this, hopefully Jiricek is worthy of the #6 pick...I wish him well and would take a chance even giving up a 5 or 6 pick a few years later to get him. Not that this question diminishes him, but if he shot left instead of right...what would you really think of his game?

If I'm honest, his skating and decision making both need to be quicker/better. But that's teachable, the physical tools are all there, and if his offence can translate from the AHL to the NHL, he should be at minimum a top-4 D-man for a very long time.

I'm not as high on him as I was when he was drafted, or after a stellar rookie year in the AHL, but the fact of the matter is: he shoots right, and is the best defensive prospect in the system regardless. He's the only one right now that could fill a massive organizational need, so it doesn't make sense to move him unless we're getting a 1RD of similar or better caliber back to replace him. That's a top-3 pick, or a current young star. Otherwise it's far too early to give up on a 20-year-old who's been great already at every level but the NHL.
Apr. 23 at 10:17 p.m.
both might need a change...or retirement if you want to be super negative. Neither guy moves a needle on a good team. Do you want to pay 18 mill for 2 years of meh or 3 years of 15 mill for physical meh?

If a PPG is meh then I’ll take a lot of meh. Jackets had Anderson for some of his best years and he was one of my favorite players ever. He was nowhere close to the player laine is when healthy and now he’s completely washed and is being paid a lot more
dopplsan and SydBarrett liked this.
Apr. 24 at 7:06 a.m.
Syd Barret

Weird . I’ve ever heard anyone describe nearly point per game production as “meh” . Things must be different up north .
Down here in the states most teams love players that produce offense . Since that’s what actually wins games .
Viqsi liked this.
Apr. 24 at 7:12 a.m.
not a he )
Weird . I’ve ever heard anyone describe nearly point per game production as “meh” . Things must be different up north .
Down here in the states most teams love players that produce offense . Since that’s what actually wins games .

Montreal hasn't had a PPG player in a generation. There are a lot of fans who don't even know what that is.
Viqsi and SydBarrett liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll