$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
RFA
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 26 at 5:55 a.m.
That doesn't get you Zegras

Overpay for Harris
GeneralLandro, OldNYIfan, Windjammer and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 26 at 6:54 a.m.
A late 1st and a bleh RD

Easy pass for Anaheim
OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 26 at 7:00 a.m.
Syd Barret
Ducks counter with Z for little CC and habs 1st
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 26 at 7:15 a.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
A late 1st and a bleh RD

Easy pass for Anaheim

I mean it's what you have always said the Ducks wanted in a package for Zegras, either Our 1st + Beck + Mesar or one of our top forwards (Suzuki, Slafkovsky or Caufield) or the Jets 1st + a top 4 RHD prospect. This package satisfies the 3rd option, Barron is a top 4 RD prospect, his ceiling might not be as high as Reinbacher's but it is still top 4, it is still higher than Mailloux's as well and heis only 22 so he still has time to develop.
Apr. 26 at 8:02 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Campabee
I mean it's what you have always said the Ducks wanted in a package for Zegras, either Our 1st + Beck + Mesar or one of our top forwards (Suzuki, Slafkovsky or Caufield) or the Jets 1st + a top 4 RHD prospect. This package satisfies the 3rd option, Barron is a top 4 RD prospect, his ceiling might not be as high as Reinbacher's but it is still top 4, it is still higher than Mailloux's as well and heis only 22 so he still has time to develop.

You're conflating several different statements we've made over the past three months, and just plain inventing some things, whether intentionally or not I don't know. Personally, I think that you've taken what we've consistently said and are mis-characterizing it in your own mind. We've always been very specific and never used the words "top forward" or "top RhD prospect." Specifically, we've listed three possible formulations for a Zegras trade: (1) Slavkovsky; (2) the Montreal first and a top forward prospect like Beck or Mesar; and (3) Reinbacher and your 2025 second. I don't ever recall any of us mentioning Suzuki (why in the world would we need a center?!?) or saying "the Jets first and a top 4 RhD prospect." What I recall MY saying was that we would take Reinbacher and the Jets first in response to this very proposal (Barron and the Jets pick). Finally, it's absolutely untrue than any of us have ever said we'd trade Zegras for Caufield.
Jded, SydBarrett and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 26 at 8:58 a.m.
There’s no reason for ANA to trade Zegras unless they land the 11% odds of Celebrini
OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 26 at 9:42 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
You're conflating several different statements we've made over the past three months, and just plain inventing some things, whether intentionally or not I don't know. Personally, I think that you've taken what we've consistently said and are mis-characterizing it in your own mind. We've always been very specific and never used the words "top forward" or "top RhD prospect." Specifically, we've listed three possible formulations for a Zegras trade: (1) Slavkovsky; (2) the Montreal first and a top forward prospect like Beck or Mesar; and (3) Reinbacher and your 2025 second. I don't ever recall any of us mentioning Suzuki (why in the world would we need a center?!?) or saying "the Jets first and a top 4 RhD prospect." What I recall MY saying was that we would take Reinbacher and the Jets first in response to this very proposal (Barron and the Jets pick). Finally, it's absolutely untrue than any of us have ever said we'd trade Zegras for Caufield.

I feel for you guys. These Habs fans don't stop. What's even worse it's the same ones everyday. It wouldn't be so ridiculous if it was new people that aren't active on here often, but it's active members doing it every single day.
arab05, OldNYIfan, SydBarrett and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 26 at 11:23 a.m.
Edited Apr. 26 at 12:28 p.m.

It was a joke, to lighten him up a bit, Barron isn't as bad as he seems to think he is, he is just still really young and raw.

Some have said "any of the Habs top 3 forwards" meaning Suzuki as well.

I think you should go back through your fellow Ducks fans comments, I know you have been consistently saying what you claim but Giggywithgibby thinks he is getting an Eichel or Tkachuk type of return (or better) and quite frankly Zegras isn't even remotely close to those players.
Apr. 26 at 12:32 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
It was a joke, to lighten him up a bit, Barron isn't as bad as he seems to think he is, he is just still really young and raw.

Some have said "any of the Habs top 3 forwards" meaning Suzuki as well.

I think you should go back through your fellow Ducks fans comments, I know you have been consistently saying what you claim but Giggywithgibby thinks he is getting an Eichel or Tkachuk type of return (or better) and quite frankly Zegras isn't even remotely close to those players.

I don't think that any of us used the phrase "any of the Habs top 3 forwards" unless it was in the context of responding and refuting the general concept of Josh Anderson.

@GiggyWithGibby can speak for himself but before he does so, I'll say that I would be shocked if you could actually show me that he asked for an Eichel/Tkachuk type of return because he, specifically, was the Duck stalwart who came up with the "Reinbacher plus Montreal's 2025 second" formulation, which I vividly remember because I've always thought it was insufficient but have gone along with for team solidarity.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 26 at 12:46 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
I feel for you guys. These Habs fans don't stop. What's even worse it's the same ones everyday. It wouldn't be so ridiculous if it was new people that aren't active on here often, but it's active members doing it every single day.

I don't know what you are yapping about, I haven't posted a Zegras trade in months and have actually agreed with the evaluation of OldNYfan's opinion on a fair trade. I also agree that Montreal and Anaheim aren't really good trade partners since both are in about the same spot in their rebuild and looking for similar peices (1 or 2 young top 6 forwards) and have the same pieces to trade (mostly LHD prospects and picks). What I said on this thread was meant more as a joke and because GeneralLandro called Barron a bleh RD. It's not that Barron is a bad RD he is just not as flashy as many other 2 way D men, he is more of a cautious calculated 2 way D man like Petry was for the Habs. I know that every Ducks fans want Reinbacher + 2nd or something similar to that (as they should) but valuewise Barron + a late 1st is the equivalent of that butthe Habs aren't going to be willing to give up that type of package unless it's for Carlsson not Zegras (which the Ducks wouldn't do either). I know everyone wants the sexyest package possible but that's just not gonna happen between two teams in the same situation. That's why this is such a hotly contested trade on both sides, everyone wants to win the trade instead of both sides breaking even (which teams in similar positions are gonna have to do, if a deal is to be made).

I am sorry to Ducks fans who mistook my earlier comment as being an entirely serious response it was all just in fun to lighten up the thread a bit.
Apr. 26 at 12:50 p.m.
I don't think that any of us used the phrase "any of the Habs top 3 forwards" unless it was in the context of responding and refuting the general concept of Josh Anderson.

GiggyWithGibby can speak for himself but before he does so, I'll say that I would be shocked if you could actually show me that he asked for an Eichel/Tkachuk type of return because he, specifically, was the Duck stalwart who came up with the "Reinbacher plus Montreal's 2025 second" formulation, which I vividly remember because I've always thought it was insufficient but have gone along with for team solidarity.

Actually, I just reread the thread as to which I was referring and I misinterpreted the context of the Eichel comments, so I apologize to Giggywithgibby, that was my bad
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 26 at 12:57 p.m.
Future Ducks legend

GiggyWithGibby can speak for himself but before he does so, I'll say that I would be shocked if you could actually show me that he asked for an Eichel/Tkachuk type of return because he, specifically, was the Duck stalwart who came up with the "Reinbacher plus Montreal's 2025 second" formulation, which I vividly remember because I've always thought it was insufficient but have gone along with for team solidarity.

I'm the one who's been saying 6OA+ Beck, Reinbacher + 25 2nd, or Slafkovsky, so I don't know what @Campabee is on about, he sure as hell doesn't have receipts, but then again, it's been quieter on here since I added him to the ignore list, apparently I need to add several more Habs fans.

I've explicitly said hundreds of times it doesn't matter how many first round equivalent pieces MTL offers, lf there's no impact piece there's no deal, and Campabee seems not to have learned that Eichel is not a trade comp for anything because of the context surrounding the trade, i.e. the neck surgery and loonimg NMC, had that surgery not worked out and Richel returned to form, Vegas would have had a 10 million dollar noose around their neck.
Apr. 26 at 1:04 p.m.
I don't know what you are yapping about, I haven't posted a Zegras trade in months and have actually agreed with the evaluation of OldNYfan's opinion on a fair trade. I also agree that Montreal and Anaheim aren't really good trade partners since both are in about the same spot in their rebuild and looking for similar peices (1 or 2 young top 6 forwards) and have the same pieces to trade (mostly LHD prospects and picks). What I said on this thread was meant more as a joke and because GeneralLandro called Barron a bleh RD. It's not that Barron is a bad RD he is just not as flashy as many other 2 way D men, he is more of a cautious calculated 2 way D man like Petry was for the Habs. I know that every Ducks fans want Reinbacher + 2nd or something similar to that (as they should) but valuewise Barron + a late 1st is the equivalent of that butthe Habs aren't going to be willing to give up that type of package unless it's for Carlsson not Zegras (which the Ducks wouldn't do either). I know everyone wants the sexyest package possible but that's just not gonna happen between two teams in the same situation. That's why this is such a hotly contested trade on both sides, everyone wants to win the trade instead of both sides breaking even (which teams in similar positions are gonna have to do, if a deal is to be made).

I am sorry to Ducks fans who mistook my earlier comment as being an entirely serious response it was all just in fun to lighten up the thread a bit.

I didn't say anything about you. Just in general Habs fans keep posting these trades. Alot of them are on here frequent enough to know, yet they keep doing the same thing.
Apr. 26 at 1:05 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx

This. I actually enjoy chatting about the inventive Zegras trades that come through from other teams, even though they’re rarely something ANA would consider. That’s the point of the platform.. fun, creative ideas.

The regurgitated 2 or 3 from MTL tinkering with one C level prospect or another are just so beat to death at this point 🥱

Edit: I do have to defend @campabee though. A voice of reason in the crowd for sure. Not all MTL fans are all lumped in that bucket
Apr. 26 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: Jded
This. I actually enjoy chatting about the inventive Zegras trades that come through from other teams, even though they’re rarely something ANA would consider. That’s the point of the platform.. fun, creative ideas.

The regurgitated 2 or 3 from MTL tinkering with one C level prospect or another are just so beat to death at this point 🥱

I agree that good conversation about incentive ideas is fun. Most of the Zegras to Montreal is beaten to death.
Jded liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll