Forums/Armchair-GM

Carlo Ullmark option 1

Created by: Dekes
Team: 2024-25 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 29, 2024
Published: Apr. 29, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Let Merkulov and lysell continue to play together, they have good chemistry and have done good work in the AHL, I do think with a hard working Center like Geekie who battles infront and is pretty solid everywhere could be a good line next season.

Poitras plays best with bigger wingers it seems(almost like young krejci did), he’s a very patient player who likes to wait for his wingers to drive the net and sends great passes it for them to redirect in. Freddy has a good wrist shot from distance and brazeau is great around the net. Ideally this line should generate some good offence too.

The loss of Carlo would hurt but I do like the build of this new defence. Samuelsson/ Manson/ peeke add a lot of size and physicality to our team that should translate well to playoffs. Offensively this defence should offer more than this past season aswell, Manson is a pretty shot heavy dman that should help generate a lot of rebounds for our forwards and lohrei will offer more for us then grzelcyk did I could see him putting up 30 points, every game he plays he seems to get more comfortable with the pace of the NHL.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$825,000
8$6,875,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$9,125,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Manson, Josh
  2. Olausson, Oskar
  3. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Boqvist, Jesper [RFA Rights]
  2. Ullmark, Linus
  3. 2026 5th round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Bruins pay a 5th Colorado pay a 4th to dump Georgiev.

Either San Jose/ Chicago/ Utah (if they choose to move Ingram/Vejmelka for positive assets) any team who needs help reaching cap floor
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,750,000$84,220,714$50,000$542,500$3,529,286
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$9,125,000$9,125,000
RW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW
RFA - 2
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
G
RFA
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
G
RFA
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 29 at 4:30 p.m.
can't see buffalo doing that JJP is gonna be really good and Carlo is one concussion away from being done
ChestNut33 liked this.
Apr. 29 at 4:37 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Schuyler
can't see buffalo doing that JJP is gonna be really good and Carlo is one concussion away from being done

Oh give me a break, Carlo has played 3 seasons without significant injury, maybe some minor bumps and bruises that took him out a few games but he’s played over 75 games the last 3 seasons.

He’s only ever had 2 concussions while playing for Boston.

Bergeron had more concussions then Carlo and had one that took him out for a full season very early in his career and still became an NHL hall off famer and arguably the best defensive forward of all time.

The whole knock and Carlo being injury prone is BS,
He has only had 1 season where he hasn’t played 72+ games because of injury, the other season where he played 67 was because of the Covid season and bruins only played 70 games
Apr. 29 at 4:38 p.m.
Ehh I think Carlo is better than Samuelsson and Manson... not sure I'd move him.
Dekes liked this.
Apr. 29 at 4:39 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: BruinsWoahWoah
Ehh I think Carlo is better than Samuelsson and Manson... not sure I'd move him.

Main piece is JJ Peterka
Apr. 29 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: Dekes
Oh give me a break, Carlo has played 3 seasons without significant injury, maybe some minor bumps and bruises that took him out a few games but he’s played over 75 games the last 3 seasons.

He’s only ever had 2 concussions while playing for Boston.

Bergeron had more concussions then Carlo and had one that took him out for a full season very early in his career and still became an NHL hall off famer and arguably the best defensive forward of all time.

The whole knock and Carlo being injury prone is BS,
He has only had 1 season where he hasn’t played 72+ games because of injury, the other season where he played 67 was because of the Covid season and bruins only played 70 games

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bruins/2024/01/20/brandon-carlo-boston-bruins-nhl-hockey-concussion-injury/ 3 months ago
Apr. 29 at 4:41 p.m.
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bruins/2024/01/20/brandon-carlo-boston-bruins-nhl-hockey-concussion-injury/ 3 months ago

https://theathletic.com/3726027/2022/10/24/bruins-brandon-carlo-concussion/ 5th concussion in 2022 so this would be his 6th this past January but alright I'll give you a break
Apr. 29 at 4:56 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
https://theathletic.com/3726027/2022/10/24/bruins-brandon-carlo-concussion/ 5th concussion in 2022 so this would be his 6th this past January but alright I'll give you a break

Okay maybe I was off a bit but Byrams’s concussions have took him out for significantly more time and Adams had no problem shipping off there best point producer who wanted to resign for him.
Apr. 29 at 5:07 p.m.
Okay maybe I was off a bit but Byrams’s concussions have took him out for significantly more time and Adams had no problem shipping off there best point producer who wanted to resign for him.

Byram also has superstar top pair potential who's injuries were just physical, Carlo is solidly locked in as a 2nd pair shutdown D who's one hit to the head away from being out of the league. It's just not worth the risk JJP is too good of an asset to risk on something like that.
Apr. 29 at 5:16 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Byram also has superstar top pair potential who's injuries were just physical, Carlo is solidly locked in as a 2nd pair shutdown D who's one hit to the head away from being out of the league. It's just not worth the risk JJP is too good of an asset to risk on something like that.

A concussion is a concussion and byram has 3 of them and is 5 years young then Carlo where do you think his future is headed.
Apr. 29 at 5:32 p.m.
Sabres couldn’t score this year so they aren’t going to trade a young future 30+ goal scorer.
ChestNut33 liked this.
Apr. 29 at 5:38 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: BUF10
Sabres couldn’t score this year so they aren’t going to trade a young future 30+ goal scorer.

This season they struggled not last season.

With ruff as the coach I fully expect Thompson/ Tuch/ Cozens to return to their previous form maybe even skinner. You also have Quinn who in a full season could score 30.

If Kulich/ Rosen come up that’s another shooter

One thing Buffalo does lack though is a RH shutdown dman. Samuelsson is your only other defensive minded dman on the team.
Apr. 29 at 5:48 p.m.
This season they struggled not last season.

With ruff as the coach I fully expect Thompson/ Tuch/ Cozens to return to their previous form maybe even skinner. You also have Quinn who in a full season could score 30.

If Kulich/ Rosen come up that’s another shooter

One thing Buffalo does lack though is a RH shutdown dman. Samuelsson is your only other defensive minded dman on the team.

I know they need a shutdown RHD, but they can’t justify trading Peterka especially after trading Mittelstadt.
Schuyler and Dekes liked this.
Apr. 29 at 6:18 p.m.
A concussion is a concussion and byram has 3 of them and is 5 years young then Carlo where do you think his future is headed.

Big difference between 3 and 6 concussions
Apr. 29 at 6:44 p.m.
Avs decline. No cap space for Ullmark and if they're moving Manson it isn't to add cap.
Xqb15a liked this.
Apr. 29 at 7:31 p.m.
Every good game he has in the playoffs Georgiev has is another step away from interest in a goalie. That’s an easy decline by COL.
TJTwolf liked this.
Apr. 29 at 7:48 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Xqb15a
Every good game he has in the playoffs Georgiev has is another step away from interest in a goalie. That’s an easy decline by COL.

One good game doesn’t change the fact that georgiev has allowed 4+ goals in over 40% of his starts this season.
Apr. 29 at 9:35 p.m.
No interest in trading Carlo. His salary and solid D play is a difficult trade.
Apr. 29 at 9:43 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Celtics21
No interest in trading Carlo. His salary and solid D play is a difficult trade.

I agree but I’d be open to looking for someone like Demelo/ Roy/ Pesce that could offer a better 2 way game.

Peeke is a good PKer and shut down dman and would help fill the hole Carlo leaves.

If we can make a trade and get someone who can make a difference to our offence maybe like a Peterka or Mittelstadt I’d be okay with his departure.

Boston has a really rough time in the neutral zone and a big part of that is because mcavoy is our only strong dmen in transition, lindholm does good with mcavoy in transition but is not good with Carlo so that’s a key weakness I’d like to fix
Apr. 29 at 10:49 p.m.
One good game doesn’t change the fact that georgiev has allowed 4+ goals in over 40% of his starts this season.

Except it isn’t one game it’s 3 in a row in the playoffs and he led the league in wins. Are you really trying to tell me the playoffs don’t matter? If they win the cup hell even if they get to the WCF there isn’t a chance they move him.
Apr. 29 at 11:00 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Xqb15a
Except it isn’t one game it’s 3 in a row in the playoffs and he led the league in wins. Are you really trying to tell me the playoffs don’t matter? If they win the cup hell even if they get to the WCF there isn’t a chance they move him.

2 of those wins he played like absolute **** Colorado just limited Winnipeg to low shots.

His SV% and GAA are so so so bad. And those are 2 stats that usually look good when your team is winning but not even Colorado can help georgiev.

He may have lead the league in wins but that’s purely based on him having a high number of games played and because he plays for a stacked team.

He had a -11.6 GSAX he was not a good goalie this year.

You are an absolute homer and delusional if you think georgiev is a good goalie.
Apr. 30 at 1:01 p.m.
2 of those wins he played like absolute **** Colorado just limited Winnipeg to low shots.

His SV% and GAA are so so so bad. And those are 2 stats that usually look good when your team is winning but not even Colorado can help georgiev.

He may have lead the league in wins but that’s purely based on him having a high number of games played and because he plays for a stacked team.

He had a -11.6 GSAX he was not a good goalie this year.

You are an absolute homer and delusional if you think georgiev is a good goalie.

I like how it’s now they are limiting shots. Yeah he’s struggled but at least I’m not full of **** trying to sell that the guy who had the most wins is a cap dump.
Apr. 30 at 2:38 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I agree but I’d be open to looking for someone like Demelo/ Roy/ Pesce that could offer a better 2 way game.

Peeke is a good PKer and shut down dman and would help fill the hole Carlo leaves.

If we can make a trade and get someone who can make a difference to our offence maybe like a Peterka or Mittelstadt I’d be okay with his departure.

Boston has a really rough time in the neutral zone and a big part of that is because mcavoy is our only strong dmen in transition, lindholm does good with mcavoy in transition but is not good with Carlo so that’s a key weakness I’d like to fix

your posts seem to have a theme - trying to trade the bruins core, mostly for the worst. i'd just go ahead and stop. if you look at the contracts the bruins have given out, it pretty obviously identifies their core, and the guys they aren't moving. Pastrnak, McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo, and Zacha are the only guys that have more than two years left on their deal. soon you can add swayman to that list. that's their core. zacha might be the exception. those guys aren't moving.
Dekes liked this.
Apr. 30 at 4:36 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Bcarlo25
your posts seem to have a theme - trying to trade the bruins core, mostly for the worst. i'd just go ahead and stop. if you look at the contracts the bruins have given out, it pretty obviously identifies their core, and the guys they aren't moving. Pastrnak, McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo, and Zacha are the only guys that have more than two years left on their deal. soon you can add swayman to that list. that's their core. zacha might be the exception. those guys aren't moving.

I think you are exaggerating greatly that’s for sure, I’ve made 2 posts about moving Carlo and it was to greatly benefit our struggling forward core.
I don’t want to move Carlo but if it was to acquire us someone who can benefit our scoring and giving pasta some more help then that’s great.

Our Dcore is in good hands even without Carlo, our forward core outside of pasta is drying up in terms of players who can generate their own chances and carry the play themselves.

So would I take the chance if moving Carlo for a solid young forward and then going out and grabbing someone like Demelo/Pesce/ Roy who is more then a solid replacement, yes I would.
Apr. 30 at 4:38 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I think you are exaggerating greatly that’s for sure, I’ve made 2 posts about moving Carlo and it was to greatly benefit our struggling forward core.
I don’t want to move Carlo but if it was to acquire us someone who can benefit our scoring and giving pasta some more help then that’s great.

Our Dcore is in good hands even without Carlo, our forward core outside of pasta is drying up in terms of players who can generate their own chances and carry the play themselves.

So would I take the chance if moving Carlo for a solid young forward and then going out and grabbing someone like Demelo/Pesce/ Roy who is more then a solid replacement, yes I would.

both trades were detrimental to the boston bruins.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll