SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Discussion Between BOG And Other GMs

Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
This thread is for discussion between the BOG members and other GMs.

You may bring up any issues relating to the GM Game in this thread.

Please try to be respectful if you are complaining about something.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:45 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I will reach out to WeresnskiWarrior about devoting some of the time that he is on Twitter re-tweeting and such to the GM Game. Even if it is 15 minutes a day, he will be active enough to answer any trade questions.

Fair enough but I would like to re-iterate, being active is not just answering the "phone". Its being part of the community. Its engaging in dialogue like we're doing here. Its starting dialogue even when non was asked, you know? Just responding to trade offers isn't enough. IMO
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
I will reach out to WeresnskiWarrior about devoting some of the time that he is on Twitter re-tweeting and such to the GM Game. Even if it is 15 minutes a day, he will be active enough to answer any trade questions.

Fair enough but I would like to re-iterate, being active is not just answering the "phone". Its being part of the community. Its engaging in dialogue like we're doing here. Its starting dialogue even when non was asked, you know? Just responding to trade offers isn't enough. IMO

I agree
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.
Banned

I am contending that GMs should have to abide by the rules of trading FAs and not be given a pass for making ill-advised signings. They should have to deal with those repercussions.

The trade limit in v2 is used as a tactic to minimize complete roster turnover and make the game more realistic, something that was not around in v1.

No what you said is that GMs shouldn't get "do overs for making poor decisions". In V2 you have said that GMs that make ill advised trades will have their trades reversed and they will be punished. How would reversing trades coincide with your original statement?
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:51 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles

No what you said is that GMs shouldn't get "do overs for making poor decisions". In V2 you have said that GMs that make ill advised trades will have their trades reversed and they will be punished. How would reversing trades coincide with your original statement?

No trades get reverted in v2 unless there is suspected collusion or GMs "gifting". Poor trades will get poor ratings, which if you get too many, you may get removed.

edit : "Trade Reversion
Any trade deemed unfair with the intention of collusion, general manager absences, etc. may be reverted under the discretion of the Board of Evaluators."

that edit is copy and pasted from the v2 plan
Aug. 29, 2017 at 11:55 p.m.
Out

and is starting college.

Tell him "Don't do it!"

College is mostly a scam. Real world skills are twice as valuable & don't cost 100k.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 8:14 a.m.
There should really be no more warnings...We have L9 ready if he doesnt meet his requirement
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:22 a.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

I agree

Its 7 days just after 2 today...
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:39 a.m.
Quoting: jmac490
I think there needs to be discussions about penalties for trading players/picks you don't have. I see this all the time where a deal is agreed upon and then someone comes back with "oops I don't have X, can we do this instead?" GMs should know exactly what they have when discussing deals.

I second this... especially if the game is to get a second version

Agree
NateElder12 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:48 a.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: Turner33
Quoting: jmac490

I second this... especially if the game is to get a second version

Agree

I agree. This will be a lot easier in V2. The issue was that depending on when players made their teams in V1 influenced who they had in their minor/AHL rosters. The only way for a new GM to know who they actually had on their team was to 1) look back through every trade post since the beginning of the game. 2)Look up each player individually and figure out whether or not the contract they signed was completed after March 25th, 2017. In V2 all rosters will be up to date and starting with a clean slate. The only thing we need to discuss is the tracking of players once the game begins. It can be worked out I'm sure.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
Banned
Why is there even going to be a discussion about GMs, I mean AGMs due to demotion, that have been inactive in this game getting a V2 team?
Peterman liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 12:34 p.m.
Why is there even going to be a discussion about GMs, I mean AGMs due to demotion, that have been inactive in this game getting a V2 team?

The discussion is just going to be a formal recognition that those inactive GMs are going to be skipped. Rather than just removing them and then having them come back and having all hell breaking loose because they were removed, this is just to keep everything formal.

Unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances, those GMs (JT_Miller and WhisperWhisper) are going to be removed and put at the end of the line of the draft.
DirtyDangles liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
Quoting: Duster
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

I agree

Its 7 days just after 2 today...

Yup. Wasn't 5 days the rule with a 24 hour warning? Plus looking at previous to that, only 4 comments in the last almost 3 weeks.......... Like I said its not about just commenting, its about engaging in the forum.
NateElder12 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 12:53 p.m.
The 48 hour warning was issued around 15 hours ago. WerenskiWarrior has an estimated 33 hours to comment.

However, I have contacted him and we will further discuss his involvement in the game and things of that nature.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.
The 48 hour warning was issued around 15 hours ago. WerenskiWarrior has an estimated 33 hours to comment.

However, I have contacted him and we will further discuss his involvement in the game and things of that nature.

Fair enough but frankly WW is getting special treatment that others were not given the luxury of, jab.

These were the rules agreed upon:

Quoting: matt59
This thread is to specifically discuss how to handle the inactive GMs in our game right now. Please do not discuss trades, expansion, the entry draft, free agency or any other non-pertinent information in this thread. There will be a poll posted where all GMs can vote on what to do once we have concrete ideas for solutions. Thanks!

UPDATED RULES REGARDING INACTIVITY OF GMS:
Quoting: ricochetii
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on my a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyoneAnd has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

I'd like to have a standard set from this point out as well, as a rule, so we aren't stuck debating should another GM go inactive.
-----

GM Activity:

1. GM's must show activity at least once every 5 days. A simple post to say "Hi!" in the Master Thread is enough.
2. GM's will be replaced 7 days from the time of their last post in the GM Game.
3. Replacements will be selected from available Assistant GM's in order of seniority, provided the Assistant GM is active.
4. If a GM is removed and later returns, he will be permitted to become an Assistant to the new GM.
5. If you have an upcoming period of inactivity, and will not be able to participate for a period of time, edit the name of your team, with a brief reason (1-3 words) and an expected return date. Put a post in your thread if you wish to explain your absence further.

While not a rule, failing to respond to multiple offers can have a negative impact on your "reputation" as a GM. Do your best not to let proposals build up in your team thread without a response. It has a negative impact on the flow of the game, and may become a factor when we encounter time sensitive issues.

-----

I just wrote that quickly, so take a careful look and decide it those rules work.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 1:25 p.m.
He has around 32 hours to comment.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 1:34 p.m.

Ya I know, you mentioned that already. My point is that he's been given more then the standard 5 + 2 days to do it himself. Not to mention that he's getting secondary help from Twitter by you. Like I said, WW is getting a way longer leash than any other before him. Whether he comes back or not, I just feel that is a little unfair to some before him that were not so lucky.
NateElder12 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 1:39 p.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1

Ya I know, you mentioned that already. My point is that he's been given more then the standard 5 + 2 days to do it himself. Not to mention that he's getting secondary help from Twitter by you. Like I said, WW is getting a way longer leash than any other before him. Whether he comes back or not, I just feel that is a little unfair to some before him that were not so lucky.

I entirely agree. Especially since he is a repeat offender. Perhaps there should be a vote on the matter...
NateElder12 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 1:49 p.m.
The 48 hour notice didn't get kicked in until 16 hours ago via BoHorvat. So he got the standard as of 16 hours ago.

I am more than happy to contact GMs on Twitter about activity. To my knowledge Whisper doesn't have twitter and JT_Miller was AWOL on Twitter. WW is active on Twitter, hence my ability to contact him.

The proposed step with the BOG is to just not notify him, should this happen again. We are working for repeat offenders with various options on how to deal with them (no warnings, stricter time, etc.)
Aug. 30, 2017 at 2:17 p.m.
The 48 hour notice didn't get kicked in until 16 hours ago via BoHorvat. So he got the standard as of 16 hours ago.

I am more than happy to contact GMs on Twitter about activity. To my knowledge Whisper doesn't have twitter and JT_Miller was AWOL on Twitter. WW is active on Twitter, hence my ability to contact him.

The proposed step with the BOG is to just not notify him, should this happen again. We are working for repeat offenders with various options on how to deal with them (no warnings, stricter time, etc.)

Yup fair enough. I fully expect him to make it within the time frame but I agree there should be some extra restrictions in the future for those who continually go inactive for long stretches.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 2:18 p.m.

Yup fair enough. I fully expect him to make it within the time frame but I agree there should be some extra restrictions in the future for those who continually go inactive for long stretches.

Thats what we are planning to implement. Just need to decide what it should be; the severity might change when we talk about extreme inactive GMs
Aug. 30, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Inactive GM's: We had a proposal up. Just need to re-write the original draft and make sure it's complete then approve/post it.

Apologies once again. I've had a rough few days of being sick. Just coming out of it now. Haven't been able to spend more than a few minutes at a time.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:23 p.m.
Banned
So Doan has retired...what is the protocol with his contract?
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:26 p.m.
May contain nuts
So Doan has retired...what is the protocol with his contract?

It's a 35+ contract, so he'll have to stay on your books. He will not count towards a spot on the active roster, but you're stuck with his cap hit.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Wait, so if a player retires i real life the GM Game team loses the player? Do i get Matt Greene then or lose him?
Aug. 30, 2017 at 10:29 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Wait, so if a player retires i real life the GM Game team loses the player? Do i get Matt Greene then or lose him?

You will get the current roster as of the day the boe makes the official start date

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll