SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
All NHL players have the desire to win a Stanley Cup. He willingly signed on to Florida for 7 years, with the intent to win a Stanley Cup. If he his top desire would be to win a Stanley Cup, he would sign less length deals and then hop from team to team with the best chances.

You don't have any evidence of him wanting to waive his NMC, only speculation. For those reasons, I vote to decline this proposal (0-2 Bo53Horvat, phillyjabroni)
Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
Keith Yandle's NMC is not waived at this time. (0-2 Bo53Horvat, phillyjabroni)
Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:49 p.m.
Welp, heck whatever it was worth a shot lmfao
Sep. 24, 2017 at 3:50 p.m.
NBABound
BOE can we discuss the contract of Zadorov? I want to re-buttal.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap

I'm not sure how much of a rebuttal you have, or how relevant it is. Non of us had Zadorov less than 2M x 2 years; you were off by 250k at a minimum.

I am not sure if we are taking rebuttals at this time; I would have to confer with the other BOE members.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 3:59 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: phillyjabroni

I'm not sure how much of a rebuttal you have, or how relevant it is. Non of us had Zadorov less than 2M x 2 years; you were off by 250k at a minimum.

I am not sure if we are taking rebuttals at this time; I would have to confer with the other BOE members.

I was gonna say if we can split it and do 2m straight.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:38 p.m.
ItsInTheNet
Hello BOE, may I setup a thread to be sticked in the lower section for me to converse with prospective Assistant GM's for my team?
Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: TopCornerShot
Hello BOE, may I setup a thread to be sticked in the lower section for me to converse with prospective Assistant GM's for my team?

Check MODs section
Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Just a little bit of a problem: Minnesota, Montreal, and the NY Rangers made a 3-way trade recently, but they didn't explain what the 2 deals were, which might be a problem because of the trade limit.
nobody liked this.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Just a little bit of a problem: Minnesota, Montreal, and the NY Rangers made a 3-way trade recently, but they didn't explain what the 2 deals were, which might be a problem because of the trade limit.

That is actually true. Good call Raif! applaud
Jdp and nobody liked this.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:56 p.m.

It all counts as "one trade" for each party.

MIN traded Eric Staal to MTL in return for nothing.
MTL traded Brandan Gallagher to NYR in return for nothing.
NYR traded JT Miller to MIN in return for nothing.

Since they only pass through one team, it doesn't appear that there is more than one trade.

If there was retained salary, then they have to go through all parties. For example, if NYR was retaining on Eric Staal, MIN would have traded Eric Staal to NYR and then NYR would have traded Eric Staal to MTL, since they retained salary, they have to pass thru their teams.

Good looks tho
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:16 p.m.
NBABound

I was gonna say if we can split it and do 2m straight.
Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:17 p.m.
deleted
Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:56 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Nice catch. Don't think it applies in this case because it was all done in one trade. The players all moved once space to the right in a circle, they didn't get traded to one team and then passed to another.
In the end it's up to the BOE, but even if the trade were more complicated (retained salary, assets going between multiple teams, etc.) since it is arranged by all three parties simultaneously, it should be one transaction.

As philly said, if one party was retaining on a player as a 3rd party, the player would have to "stop" on their team long enough for the retention, before being moved to another team, so there's a "separation" involved that prevents it from being a true 3-way trade.
If I had retained $500k on Gallagher for example, Minnesota never touched him. He went into the trade with $500k retained, and came out of the trade with $500k retained.
If Minnesota had retained on Gallagher, they would be retaining as a 3rd party. He went into the trade without retention, and came out of the trade with retention. Something had to take place in the middle for that to have occurred.

There might be other instances that aren't coming to mind which would be similar, but definitely nothing that applies to simple single player transactions between 3 teams.
Max liked this.
Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:20 p.m.
Can the BOE make public their evaluations of each trade that have been done thus far? I think if the goal in V2 is to be realistic and to not end up like V1 with all star teams and teams with ten 1st rounders, there are some trades that need to be investigated/considered for reversal.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:57 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: F50marco
Can the BOE make public their evaluations of each trade that have been done thus far? I think if the goal in V2 is to be realistic and to not end up like V1 with all star teams and teams with ten 1st rounders, there are some trades that need to be investigated/considered for reversal.

Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.

My current plan is to do it at the end of the month, or every time the power rankings come out, which ever comes first (September would be released at the end of the month since the Power Rankings come out on October 3rd).

We don't have any current trades that are on the docket to be reversed. No trade has been seriously considered to be less than a "1" on the 1-5 scale that we use to evaluate trades.
Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.

My current plan is to do it at the end of the month, or every time the power rankings come out, which ever comes first (September would be released at the end of the month since the Power Rankings come out on October 3rd).

We don't have any current trades that are on the docket to be reversed. No trade has been seriously considered to be less than a "1" on the 1-5 scale that we use to evaluate trades.

OK sounds good.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Can GMs report trades to the BOE to take a look at? Mainly there are 2 trades i've seen, both by the same team, and i'm not too sure if they were meant to be actual trades ... i'm not going to comment on which trades or what team i'm talking about but is this allowed if i want to ask the BOE to take a look at these 2 trades?
Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.
NBABound
Can GMs report trades to the BOE to take a look at? Mainly there are 2 trades i've seen, both by the same team, and i'm not too sure if they were meant to be actual trades ... i'm not going to comment on which trades or what team i'm talking about but is this allowed if i want to ask the BOE to take a look at these 2 trades?

I think we all know which trades u r tahim about. The first one is not as bad but the JT one should get reversed.
Max liked this.
Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:02 p.m.

The BOE overlooks all those trades. Anything that we feel is extremely revertible, we will make an PSA. We don't have too much jurisdiction in terms of reverting trades because of content, unless there is evidence in collusion, gifting, etc.

Bad trades lead to higher chance of being fired, however.
Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:54 p.m.
I would like the BOE to please review everything that has transpired in the last several pages of the New York Rangers thread. Thank you guys.

Signed,
Max's attorney
jmac490, Max and Mr_cap liked this.
Sep. 27, 2017 at 1:12 a.m.
Edited Sep. 27, 2017 at 10:43 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I would like the BOE to please review everything that has transpired in the last several pages of the New York Rangers thread. Thank you guys.

Signed,
Max's attorney

Yeah, this will be handled accordingly but this nonsense has to stop. All of this is so pointless and silly for us to be arguing about. I can speak for myself and philly when I say we don't want to have to deal with this stuff at every waking moment. You guys have to learn some self-discipline when it comes to not being able to leave a discussion that should be ended.
Sep. 27, 2017 at 1:17 a.m.
I would like to apologize for perhaps not leaving the thread earlier. At first I tried to calm it down with some light humour, which...didn't work...my bad guys.
Max liked this.
Sep. 27, 2017 at 1:19 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I would like to apologize for perhaps not leaving the thread earlier. At first I tried to calm it down with some light humour, which...didn't work...my bad guys.

It's not just you, Booth... It was everybody involved. No names, but we all know who was involved because it is conveniently in the NYR thread. Philly, jacketsman and I will be discussing this and handling it accordingly but we wish we didn't have to.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll