SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Taylor Hall Selfish

Apr. 4, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
CapFriendlyCommenter
Looks like Taylor Hall had another selfish performance. Two UNASSISTED goals. On one of them he MADE EVERYONE GET OFF THE ICE so he could really glory hog. No I in team. But there is one in TRADE HIM.
mhockey91, A_K, Buchnevesey and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 2:56 p.m.
Quoting: CFCommenter
Looks like Taylor Hall had another selfish performance. Two UNASSISTED goals. On one of them he MADE EVERYONE GET OFF THE ICE so he could really glory hog. No I in team. But there is one in TRADE HIM.

Idc what anyone says Edmonton definitely won that trade. He’s a bad attitude in the room. I remember hearing when he played for the spitfires back in highschool some teachers said he acted like he ran the show, never did his homework, and was very obnoxious and rude. You don’t win with guys like that. Selfish player
CFCommenter, DragonRaptorHybrid, nobody and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
Below Market Value
I agree. Peter Chiarelli has a knack for finding bad apples and trading them away for great returns. First Tyler Seguin and then Taylor Hall. While those guys are busy hogging the spotlight, let's praise the true team players in Loui Eriksson and Adam Larsson and what great seasons they're having.
CFCommenter, mhockey91, DragonRaptorHybrid and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
I agree. Peter Chiarelli has a knack for finding bad apples and trading them away for great returns. First Tyler Seguin and then Taylor Hall. While those guys are busy hogging the spotlight, let's praise the true team players in Loui Eriksson and Adam Larsson and what great seasons they're having.

Larsson actually is a +10 on the OILERS this year. I know everyone will disagree, but i'm actually not kidding here: this was a win-win trade IMO. Last year people thought it was a win for the Oilers and a loss for the Devils because the Oilers were good and the Devils weren't. Now, NJ definitely won this trade, but i actually think Edmonton may have too. Hall has been playing great for the Devils, but he wasn't putting up quite as good numbers for the Oilers. And Larsson's a good defenseman. Edmonton needed a d-man at the time, and he played great last year. Almost everyone's struggling in Edmonton (not McDavid, but most others). Sure, i agree, the Seguin trade was terrible for Boston, but the Larsson trade is or at least could turn out to be a win-win.
HawksFan28 and CFCommenter liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:28 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Larsson actually is a +10 on the OILERS this year. I know everyone will disagree, but i'm actually not kidding here: this was a win-win trade IMO. Last year people thought it was a win for the Oilers and a loss for the Devils because the Oilers were good and the Devils weren't. Now, NJ definitely won this trade, but i actually think Edmonton may have too. Hall has been playing great for the Devils, but he wasn't putting up quite as good numbers for the Oilers. And Larsson's a good defenseman. Edmonton needed a d-man at the time, and he played great last year. Almost everyone's struggling in Edmonton (not McDavid, but most others). Sure, i agree, the Seguin trade was terrible for Boston, but the Larsson trade is or at least could turn out to be a win-win.

dude please tell me youre being sarcastic like everyone else on this thread...
CFCommenter, DragonRaptorHybrid, NateElder12 and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:32 p.m.
HawksFan28

I agree, not longer than 5 minutes ago another poster claimed Edmonton got ripped and that the Larsson for Hall trade was "one of the worst in NHL history". I think it was even at the time and still a good trade today for both teams. At the time it was obvious the Oilers had to move a forward for a defenseman, not sure why they chose Hall but they did..

Seems peoples feelings on this deal are a mixed bag almost 2 years later.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:33 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: mhockey91

Why is it a bad trade?
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
Why is it a bad trade?

Adam Larsson is a top 4 Dman. hes not a #1, hes not a #2, hes either a #3 or a #4. he has no offensive ability and while he is responsible defensively, he is nowhere close to an elite d. Taylor hall on the other hand is arguably going to win the hart trophy this year. he is top 5 (maybe 3?) best players at his position. he is an ELITE player. in what world do elite hart trophy players get traded for a #3 or 4D. im not saying Larsson is bad, im saying that they are nowhere close in value. that would be like Chicago trading Patrick Kane for a guy like josh manson or Chris tanev (who are both better players than larsson). if Edmonton traded RNH or eberle for Larsson then its more fair. you could make arguments for both sides. but Taylor hall is in a league of his own and I am not exaggerating when I say that this may go down as THE SINGLE WORST trade in NHL history
nobody liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

If you ask me to say the thing i could tell you about hockey people are gonna disagree with most, that's the one. Just because NJ won the trade doesn't mean Edmonton lost.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:56 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
If you ask me to say the thing i could tell you about hockey people are gonna disagree with most, that's the one. Just because NJ won the trade doesn't mean Edmonton lost.
but... like... you missed the joke.
mhockey91 and NateElder12 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:57 p.m.

dude... just stop trolling. you win, I am officially triggered and im not even an Edmonton fan. but for the love of god please stop trolling me
NateElder12 and nobody liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:57 p.m.
HawksFan28
Adam Larsson is a top 4 Dman. hes not a #1, hes not a #2, hes either a #3 or a #4. he has no offensive ability and while he is responsible defensively, he is nowhere close to an elite d. Taylor hall on the other hand is arguably going to win the hart trophy this year. he is top 5 (maybe 3?) best players at his position. he is an ELITE player. in what world do elite hart trophy players get traded for a #3 or 4D. im not saying Larsson is bad, im saying that they are nowhere close in value. that would be like Chicago trading Patrick Kane for a guy like josh manson or Chris tanev (who are both better players than larsson). if Edmonton traded RNH or eberle for Larsson then its more fair. you could make arguments for both sides. but Taylor hall is in a league of his own and I am not exaggerating when I say that this may go down as THE SINGLE WORST trade in NHL history

Dude, Hall put up 50 points last season, he's put up a ppg exactly 1 time in his career before this season and this is his 8th in the league.

I'll bet you didn't think it was that bad when the Oilers made the playoffs last season did you? lol Now Hall has a good season, the Devils may go to the playoffs and the Oilers aren't and it's "one of the worst trades in NHL history", lol...

It's not even CLOSE to one of the worst trades in NHL history. Heck, the Hawks been involved in worse trades than that over the past 20 years... Geez, the Leddy for Barker and Johnsson trade was worse than this..

Yea, Lasson is a top 4 defenseman and Hall is what? Wayne Gretzky? lol...

I'll bet Hall doesn't sniff ppg next season..... This is Hall's career year... It's not like the Oilers gave up a perennial 100 point player. The Oilers gave up a top 6 forward for a top 4 defenseman, that is fair.... Taylor Hall isn't an "elite" or "franchise" top 6 forward either...

Don't confuse a career year with the status quo..
Apr. 4, 2018 at 5:01 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
dude... just stop trolling. you win, I am officially triggered and im not even an Edmonton fan. but for the love of god please stop trolling me
I don't know if it's specifically trolling so much as an example of the fulfillment of Poe's Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 5:10 p.m.
Dude, Hall put up 50 points last season, he's put up a ppg exactly 1 time in his career before this season and this is his 8th in the league.

I'll bet you didn't think it was that bad when the Oilers made the playoffs last season did you? lol Now Hall has a good season, the Devils may go to the playoffs and the Oilers aren't and it's "one of the worst trades in NHL history", lol...

It's not even CLOSE to one of the worst trades in NHL history. Heck, the Hawks been involved in worse trades than that over the past 20 years... Geez, the Leddy for Barker and Johnsson trade was worse than this..

I'll bet Hall doesn't sniff ppg next season..... This is Hall's career year... It's not like the Oilers gave up a perennial 100 point player. The Oilers gave up a top 6 forward for a top 4 defenseman, that is fair.... Taylor Hall isn't an "elite" or "franchise" top 6 forward either...

this is halls third time being a point per game actually lmao. and while this may be a career year I believe hall will be a consistent 75+ point player for many seasons. last year he struggled getting used to a new team and lets be honest NJD offence last year was flat out horrible. look what I posted on your quote. I firmly believe due to circumstances this is the worst trade in modern era hockey
Apr. 4, 2018 at 5:21 p.m.
HawksFan28
this is halls third time being a point per game actually lmao. and while this may be a career year I believe hall will be a consistent 75+ point player for many seasons. last year he struggled getting used to a new team and lets be honest NJD offence last year was flat out horrible. look what I posted on your quote. I firmly believe due to circumstances this is the worst trade in modern era hockey

I just don't see it and if that is true then there is something wrong with Edmonton as a franchise. Like I said, Hall put up 50 points last season, New Jersey missed the playoffs and Edmonton didn't, now the roles are reversed and the trade is terrible?

Hall's not going to become a ppg player or close to it overnight.... He's not very consistent. He's a top 6 forward having a career year... The best part is the Oilers got a legitimate top 4 defenseman - in the deal - not some "bum"... Even if Taylor Hall did become a perennial ppg player that still wouldn't make this trade one of the "worst" when teams have acquired star players for junk that never even played in the NHL.

Besides, Adam Larsson was what the Oilers needed, the trade is hardly "bad" Larsson is 25, Hall is 26 so there is plenty of time to determine who won the trade but in the end IMO it will be "fair"..

This trade is far to early to say who won it.... Next season the Oilers could be in the playoffs and the Devils could be out... Heck, the Devils could still be out this year.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 5:45 p.m.
I just don't see it and if that is true then there is something wrong with Edmonton as a franchise. Like I said, Hall put up 50 points last season, New Jersey missed the playoffs and Edmonton didn't, now the roles are reversed and the trade is terrible?

Hall's not going to become a ppg player or close to it overnight.... He's not very consistent. He's a top 6 forward having a career year... The best part is the Oilers got a legitimate top 4 defenseman - in the deal - not some "bum"... Even if Taylor Hall did become a perennial ppg player that still wouldn't make this trade one of the "worst" when teams have acquired star players for junk that never even played in the NHL.

Besides, Adam Larsson was what the Oilers needed, the trade is hardly "bad" Larsson is 25, Hall is 26 so there is plenty of time to determine who won the trade but in the end IMO it will be "fair"..

This trade is far to early to say who won it.... Next season the Oilers could be in the playoffs and the Devils could be out... Heck, the Devils could still be out this year.

I guess my whole argument is that its not like either of these guys were prospects at the time of the trade, these guys had demonstrated their skill/ ability. trades where stars were traded for "garbage" usually result in a prospect not panning out (ex. Markus naslaud trade). this trade on the other hand neither of these guys were prospects. they were both established players with established roles. Edmonton fans knew exactly what they were getting in Larsson. a top 4 D man. in halls 4 previous seasons, he was over a PPG for two of them. so Edmonton damn well knew this guy had the tools to be a star. they knew they were trading an elite winger for a top 4 D and to me that blows my mind how they could do that. the roles were set for both these players
Apr. 4, 2018 at 5:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
but... like... you missed the joke.

I didn't miss the joke. I understand how everyone's making jokes about this trade, and i disagree, and think that this is or at least could turn out to be a win-win trade.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 6:02 p.m.
Tyler Paluzzi

He also had two assists (which it would see if you actually checked stat sheet)awesome face
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 6:05 p.m.
Tyler Paluzzi

Bro get off this game....
mhockey91 and nobody liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 6:25 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
hate to ruin your fun, but, if you're gonna quote a tweet, at least do the courtesy of attribution:

mhockey91, krakowitz, CFCommenter and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: HallforHart
Bro get off this game....

I’ll settle this:
At the time of the trade
Hall = elite
Larsson = top 4

Today:
Hall = even more elite
Larsson = still top 4
nobody and tylerpaluzzi35 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 6:53 p.m.

Career PPG stats for "Top" wingers in the league:

Marchand - .765
Wheeler - .777
Kessel - .807
Benn - .889
Kane - 1.008
Ovechkin - 1.118

Hall - .898

Clearly he's up there among the elites ( I left out guys that have only played 2-3 years for reference, like Gaudreau, Laine, etc.). This isn't a flash in the pan. He just never got the recognition for being as good as he was on an awful Oilers team.
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 7:35 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Nothing worse that a guy thinking (because he can) hog the puck so he can set up his teammates for goals or good forbid shoot the puck himself and score.
It's much better to have a Leo Komarov or Roman Polak handle the puck, where two seconds seems like an eternity for Leaf fans.
Maybe a Komarov and Polak for Hall trade can be arranged.
mhockey91 and tylerpaluzzi35 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 8:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Even if it was a bad trade for the Oilers, the worst trade ever in NHL history???????
Apr. 4, 2018 at 8:24 p.m.
Quoting: mtdavis311
Career PPG stats for "Top" wingers in the league:

Marchand - .765
Wheeler - .777
Kessel - .807
Benn - .889
Kane - 1.008
Ovechkin - 1.118

Hall - .898

Clearly he's up there among the elites ( I left out guys that have only played 2-3 years for reference, like Gaudreau, Laine, etc.). This isn't a flash in the pan. He just never got the recognition for being as good as he was on an awful Oilers team.

thank you for the stats MTDavis

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll