SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 1, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
Quoting: Max
By a mess do you mean a member who voted for what she wanted rather then settling? Amd since you wamt to know so badly I'd vote for Matt, Krak & AK because they deserve the spots. The othet 2 shouldn't

Calm down

I’m not sure what Dylan and Bolts have done to piss you off, or what they’ve done to “not deserve anything”. They’ve both served in leadership roles in the game, are fairly active, and want what’s best for the game. If you have something personal against them, that shouldn’t interfere with them being in management; that’s just wrong and immature.

I’m not sure what you mean by “a member who voted for what she wanted rather than settling”. It’s not like the BOG agrees with each other on every single topic on the table, and Icegirl was always the one speaking up against everything. I’ve been in the BOG before along with some of the current BOG members, and I can assure you I’ve had my fair share of agreements and disagreements with other members. The reason Kayla was removed from the BOG had nothing to do with your theory; it’s quite frankly incorrect.
Bo53Horvat, LicMysak, rangersandislesfan and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:03 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: MrBooth
There were also many GMs who were fed up regarding the mess the BOG was in before the changes that were made. Many good GMs were ready and set to quit, internally the BOG was a mess with at least one member considering resigning, and the group in place wasn’t the right one going forward (with all due respect to Brett and Icegirl).

I’m honestly curious to know if there is a BOG re-vote, who do you want to vote for so badly instead of the members that are in charge right now? I’m really stumped by that.

Clearly this all took place when I was away for a week. Does anyone mind telling me who the current 5 are now?
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:04 p.m.
Quoting: Daryl
Clearly this all took place when I was away for a week. Does anyone mind telling me who the current 5 are now?

@TheCommissioner @matt59 @BoltsPoint21 @krakowitz @A_K
Daryl liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: TheCommissioner
*I* don't deserve a spot on the BOG? Lmao Max, get real bud.

I can think of 5 people more qualified then you. I can semd you a list on Twitter if you are interested
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Calm down everyone ... please, don't let this turn into another big argument or whatever.
Max liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:44 p.m.
So it appears the game has gone to **** similarly to V1. So bye, @Dylan1995 the team is yours
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:45 p.m.
So it appears the game has gone to **** similarly to V1. So bye, @Dylan1995 the team is yours

Perfect, everything is resolved now. To be real, the only one who seems to be out of whack right now is you anyway.
nobody liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:51 p.m.
Perfect, everything is resolved now. To be real, the only one who seems to be out of whack right now is you anyway.

Says the guy who's too scared to let the GM's vote for the BOG
Gronk liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:52 p.m.

Never have any of us EVER been scared to have a vote, It's just that only you and Tony seem to care about it
nobody liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Just end it. If Max is leaving the game, be done with it.
Max and Bo53Horvat liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:53 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Never have any of us EVER been scared to have a vote, It's just that only you and Tony seem to care about it

And Gronk does too
Max liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:54 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG

This is the attitude that makes people WANT to quit
Max liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: GronkNation
And Gronk does too

And RAIF likes the idea of a vote
Max liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't really care if there's a vote. I think it makes sense, but i like the BOG as it is anyway. Idk if i'd change anything.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:07 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

Nothing at all is resolved. If you're hoping that the complaints about the fact that 80% of the BOG wasn't elected by the GMs will just blow over, they will not.

I am currently on vacation, but I feel like I have to speak my mind about this and I will continue to even louder once I am home.

I may be in the minority, but there are other GMs just as annoyed about this as me, as well as a number of GMs who aren't too worked up about it, but still think we should have a vote.

The only reason I can think of that you refuse to have a vote is because you are worried that you will get voted out or that the other BOG positions will be filled by people that you do not agree with.

Here are a couple of your quotes explaining why you dont want a vote:

"We felt that the only certain way to get the group we felt would be best for the game was by appointing, not voting"

"We didn't want to risk that chance of people who shouldn't be on the BOG getting in"

"Had this gone to a vote, someone incompetent would have ended up on the BOG"

These explanations are totally ridiculous to me.

Personally, I think that the best course forward is to have a vote on all the BOG positions except for Krak's since he was the only one legitimately voted into the BOG. I also think that the BOG should be expanded to 7 members as it was in V1 and V2. With 5 members, each member of the BOG has too much power and if 3 agree with each other, they can do whatever they want.

I will not be shutting up about this anytime soon. There are only three course forward for me:

1. We have a vote and elect a legitimate democratic BOG
2. The BOG decides to fire me because they are too afraid of losing their power
3. The BOG chooses to ignore me and the other GMs that they are supposed to be serving and I eventually quit
Max, rangersandislesfan, Daryl and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:08 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
Why don't we say that from this point forward, any new members of the BOG need to be voted in. For now the group seems solid to me.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:10 p.m.
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Why don't we say that from this point forward, any new members of the BOG need to be voted in. For now the group seems solid to me.

I second this motion
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MrBooth
I second this motion

Same
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:18 p.m.
Damn there a discussion page? This thing is on fire now! Whats up dudes im Edmonton new GM!
Max and MacWinnon liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:19 p.m.
The BOG is a thankless position. We should be grateful for the group that we currently have, as they have created a doc for preliminary scoring, have reversed a trade with potentially more coming and I dont see any new people stepping up for the job.

Was it wrong to kick Brett and Kayla from the BOG potentially.
But I can give a list of reasons as why 1 of those 2 names shouldnt be on the BOG and the other I'm neutral on the firing as I'm not sure as to what they contributed, or what they did not. Either way the current group has contributed a lot to the success of the game.

I would personally like to thank AK and whoever else contributed to the doc. I would also like an in depth explanation as to what to do monthly when it comes to the input of players. When you have time. Doesnt have to be ASAP
rangersandislesfan and A_K liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:27 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: alwaysnextyear

This is probably the best solution to all this, considering a re-vote would create even more drama in the game. I'm personally not a fan of BOG members being selected without a league wide vote but most of the members on the BOG currently seem to me to be competent to do their jobs effectively.
Bo53Horvat and nobody liked this.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:48 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
A solution has been reached. I'll let Dylan announce it whenever he decides to.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:56 p.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher
A solution has been reached. I'll let Dylan announce it whenever he decides to.

We're (BOG) gonna discuss it a tiny bit more just so we're all aware and then I'll announce it.
Sep. 1, 2018 at 10:18 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
In the middle of all this drama that has now been resolved...

Minnesota Wild
I have received my first formal offer on Blake Comeau. If you want to beef up your bottom six in November, act quickly!
Sep. 1, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.
Things seem to have calmed down a bit, so I'll say goodbye again.

Goodbye, you'll never forget me. No matter how hard you try

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit