SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 6, 2018 at 10:38 a.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Originally we were allowed, but idk maybe they changed it.

We would have been allowed. If people didn't want their RFAs they just didnt qualify them though and since we are fictional teams we don't have to worry about internal budgets, actual player negotiations, etc. so none of the RFAs worth receiving an offer sheet became available, imo, especially none that would require draft pick compensation being sent back.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Sep. 6, 2018 at 1:37 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Best of luck to all BOG applicants. I guess all we can do now is wait...
Sep. 6, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Never Mind
Sep. 6, 2018 at 11:57 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Montour OTB. Check my description for pricerock on
Sep. 8, 2018 at 5:54 p.m.
May contain nuts
Minnesota Wild
If you need a depth dman (or two), then Nick Seeler, Adam McQuaid, and Carson Soucy are OTB! (I can't retain on McQuaid, as I have all three slots used up, but I can take cap back if need be.)
Sep. 8, 2018 at 7:01 p.m.
SEA GM v5
Vegas Golden Knights

Gustav Nyquist and Oscar Dansk are both OTB right now. Send in offers if interested.
Sep. 8, 2018 at 9:39 p.m.
Is anyone looking for an AGM?, let me know smile
Sep. 9, 2018 at 12:28 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: nictamburri31

Vancouver is looking for an AGM since my last one was promoted to New Jersey GM a few weeks ago. Hit me up on Twitter @TonyStrecher
Sep. 9, 2018 at 1:10 a.m.
Quoting: nictamburri31

Quoting: TonyStrecher
Vancouver is looking for an AGM since my last one was promoted to New Jersey GM a few weeks ago. Hit me up on Twitter @TonyStrecher

Must be willing to denounce any and all TML fandom.
nobody liked this.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 6:42 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Turner33
Must be willing to denounce any and all TML fandom.

What are you saying here, Turner.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:51 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
What are you saying here, Turner.

For a leafs fan to agm, w Tstrech a nucks fan, sacrifices must be made.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:59 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
@wmjoncar @Daryl

The BOG has voted to revise the following trade;

Arizona Coyotes
Vincent Trocheck

Florida Panthers
Tomas Hertl
Tyler Steenbergen
ARI 2019 5th round pick

You will be required to revise the trade or discard it entirely.

Thanks

@wmjoncar @krakowitz

Washington Capitals
Evgenii Dadonov

Florida Panthers
Tom WIlson
Nathan Walker
WSH 2020 4th round pick

Thanks

@wmjoncar @MrBooth

Detroit Red Wings
Aleksander Barkov
Aaron Ekblad (50% retained)
Rights to RFA Curtis Valk
FLA 2020 7th round pick

Florida Panthers
Dylan Larkin
Shea Theodore
Jeremy Bracco
Frederik Gauthier
Joe Hicketts
Giavani Smith
BUF 2019 3rd round pick
CAR 2020 3rd round pick

Thanks

@flamesfan419 @Mr_cap

Calgary Flames
Remi Elie
Gemel Smith
Roope Hintz
Nicholas Caamano
Joey Keane
MIN 2019 4th round pick
DAL 2020 1st round pick

Dallas Stars
Mark Giordano
Adam Henrique

Thanks

Friendly reminder that the 4-day window to correct these trades closes at midnight ET on Monday the 10th. Failure to submit a revised effort to the BOG for approval before the deadline will result in cancellation of the trade.
Bo53Horvat liked this.
Sep. 10, 2018 at 9:42 a.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Los Angeles Kings
Trade Block

Montour- Elite D prospect+ or Good prospect(any)++

Martinez- Good D prospect + Good pick or Good prospect(any) + better pick

Quick- Great/Elite Goalie prospect+ starter(+ depending on the prospect)

Spooner- Make offers
Sep. 12, 2018 at 3:39 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
@rangersandislesfan @Turner33 @BoltsPoint21 @matt59 @ricochetii @DontToewsMe19 @Rodzikhockey93 @mhockey91 @Math @TrueNorth @Daryl @TonyStrecher @NateElder12 @Icegirl @Mr_cap @l9guysports @krakowitz @A_K @TabooPenguo @wmjoncar @GronkNation @Ethereal @flamesfan419 @alwaysnextyear @jmac490 @Zach @MrBooth @Dylan1995 @MacWinnon @TMLSage @phillyjabroni @GronkNation @Dylan1995 @TMLSage @TabooPenguo @TonyStrecher @l9guysports

Attention All GMs:

Please remember to set up your team pages with the following details.

- A list of all rights owned for unsigned players
- A list of all players “buried” in the minors or junior - I recommend bringing up every contract and placing them on the roster until late September when we do waivers and begin complying with the 23-man roster rule. That way it will be easier to track the players as they are demoted/returned to junior/clear waivers.
- Players on regular injured reserve - this is different from LTIR, just for guys that are injured during the season that you wish to replace on the 23-man roster with an eligible replacement player. Just list the player(s) under an "Injured Reserve" heading, along with the date in which he was placed on IR. This will start in October.

Thanks!
NateElder12 and nobody liked this.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 9:55 a.m.
Jamie McGinn is available at 1,333,333 retained.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:13 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Chicago Blackhawks
On behalf of the Blackhawk organization, we would like to personally congratulate Doug Armstrong for his amazing off-season.
Good luck St. Louis in the upcoming season.

-Chicago Management.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
May contain nuts
@wmjoncar
We make a deal for Sami Niku. You say it's good to go whenever. And then you trade him despite him having been reserved for me. When it's a deal, that means it's a deal, even if it has to wait.

@boltspoint21
In your defense, there's no way you could've known that Niku was reserved. Nonetheless, is it really too much to ask to have some integrity and do the right thing?

I'm severing all ties with both of you unless you fix this.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:42 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: TMLSage
Chicago Blackhawks
On behalf of the Blackhawk organization, we would like to personally congratulate Doug Armstrong for his amazing off-season.
Good luck St. Louis in the upcoming season.

-Chicago Management.

I'm extremely confused. This is some kind of Trojan Horse maneuver and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it. F*ck the Blackhawks forever.

-St. Louis
Turner33, nobody and MacWinnon liked this.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:43 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: Icegirl
@wmjoncar
We make a deal for Sami Niku. You say it's good to go whenever. And then you trade him despite him having been reserved for me. When it's a deal, that means it's a deal, even if it has to wait.

@boltspoint21
In your defense, there's no way you could've known that Niku was reserved. Nonetheless, is it really too much to ask to have some integrity and do the right thing?

DAAAANG things got real
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:47 p.m.
@wmjoncar

@boltspoint21

I think Bolts has made it clear he's not going to "do the right thing". So let's just drop it.
LicMysak liked this.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
I'm making one last post on this and that's it. I'm doing what's in the best interest for my team going forward. If you want to have a trade embargo on me, so be it.
MacWinnon liked this.
Sep. 13, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
@wmjoncar

@boltspoint21

Is this for fun and games? Because last time I checked. You both had 1 trade left. You chose not to do it, and than you lost your chance. If a player is involved in talks, and than gets traded, there isn't anything wrong. Sorry, but @BoltsPoint21 has no part in this, and neither does @wmjoncar. So just move on from a player you didnt win the sweepstakes for. Cheers
Sep. 13, 2018 at 11:32 p.m.
I understand your frustration Kayla, tell me about it. It should be a rule without saying that once you’ve agreed to a trade, you can’t pull out/discuss another deal using involved assets.

Jonathan, I’m not sure what caused you to move Sami Niku to Tampa Bay. Whether it was forgetting about your Minnesota deal or simply “liking” your Tampa deal more, you and I have already talked about why it’s not a good move to do as such.

However, I think it’s safe to say Bolts had no bad intentions whatsoever. He didn’t even know Niku was reserved in another deal; that’s the Florida GM’s fault for not alerting Bolts of that, not Bolts’ fault. He shouldn’t be required to “be nice” as a result of another GM screwing up; while it would be a friendly gesture to the other GM getting screwed over, he is under zero obligation to do so. Leave him alone, give GMs a reminder to stop pulling out of deals whenever you can, and hopefully try to tweak the FLA/MIN deal now that it doesn’t involve Niku.

I’ve severed ties with GMs in the past. This doesn’t warrant that.

Much love, your friend,
Asshole (Booth)

@Icegirl @wmjoncar @BoltsPoint21
LicMysak, Gronk, Daryl and 4 others liked this.
Sep. 14, 2018 at 12:50 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MrBooth
I understand your frustration Kayla, tell me about it. It should be a rule without saying that once you’ve agreed to a trade, you can’t pull out/discuss another deal using involved assets.

Jonathan, I’m not sure what caused you to move Sami Niku to Tampa Bay. Whether it was forgetting about your Minnesota deal or simply “liking” your Tampa deal more, you and I have already talked about why it’s not a good move to do as such.

However, I think it’s safe to say Bolts had no bad intentions whatsoever. He didn’t even know Niku was reserved in another deal; that’s the Florida GM’s fault for not alerting Bolts of that, not Bolts’ fault. He shouldn’t be required to “be nice” as a result of another GM screwing up; while it would be a friendly gesture to the other GM getting screwed over, he is under zero obligation to do so. Leave him alone, give GMs a reminder to stop pulling out of deals whenever you can, and hopefully try to tweak the FLA/MIN deal now that it doesn’t involve Niku.

I’ve severed ties with GMs in the past. This doesn’t warrant that.

Much love, your friend,
Asshole (Booth)

@Icegirl @wmjoncar @BoltsPoint21

I feel that the 4 trades a month rule means 4 official agreements a month. I don't know if that was what happened here but when i say "official" agreements, i mean agreements that cannot be taken back by one GM without the other agreeing. If teams can't trade away players that they have in a deal for the next month, why have the 4 trades a month rule? I agree, i don't think GMs should say "yeah, we'll do the deal at the start of the next month" and then trade the player to another team, but if they do that then it should be up to the GMs involved to figure out, not anyone else IMO. And now i'll stay out of it.
A_K and TonyStrecher liked this.
Sep. 14, 2018 at 1:36 p.m.
Tampa Bay unfortunately place Jake Dotchin on waivers for contract termination.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit