$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:22 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Unpopular but true
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:26 p.m.
Ballards Curse
Honestly, Every GM has made some stinker moves. It's not fair to label GMMB as a bad gm. He's looked like a genius in the Winnipeg, VGK, and Arizona trades. Crimminally underrated

The worst Gm's in the league RN i think are Chia, Holland (as of late), and Bowman (As of late),
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: hazard
Honestly, Every GM has made some stinker moves. It's not fair to label GMMB as a bad gm. He's looked like a genius in the Winnipeg, VGK, and Arizona trades. Crimminally underrated

The worst Gm's in the league RN i think are Chia, Holland (as of late), and Bowman (As of late),

The dynasty in Chicago was made by Tallon and Bowman benefited from Dales work. Bowmans trade history is atrocious and the more he is coming into light the more he looks like douche. Holland was great for many decades and is one of the best GMs in history imo for what he has done with Detroit in long term look. But time has come up to him and I think SteveY would take over Detroit from him in spring. Chiarelli is bull**** artist straight up..
Price_is_the_goat, hazard and Earth liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:35 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
The more time passes on that PK for Weber trade the more I like it from Habs perspective for example. Weber is proving his value for the team as leader and player young guys make example of. Also Drouin trade.. him and Domi are rolling! Lets see for how long it would go but it looks like it isnt just a stretch. MTL just seem to fit certain type of players. I like the trades he made. Unpopular but true as Jamiepo said.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
That Patches trade to Vegas. Don't know if such genius of Bergivin but the foolish move of Vegas trying to rush things and giving up way to much for a player they think would put them over the top.
GenXHockey, SammyT_51 and hazard liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
The dynasty in Chicago was made by Tallon and Bowman benefited from Dales work. Bowmans trade history is atrocious and the more he is coming into light the more he looks like douche. Holland was great for many decades and is one of the best GMs in history imo for what he has done with Detroit in long term look. But time has come up to him and I think SteveY would take over Detroit from him in spring. Chiarelli is bull**** artist straight up..

ppl overlook that fact soo much. it was dale tallon who constructed this dynasty. bowman, literally ruined it. his only good trade imo was the andrew shaw trade, because he got debrincat out of that, but they could sure use a guy like shaw right now. tallon was a genius.
hazard liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
That Patches trade to Vegas. Don't know if such genius of Bergivin but the foolish move of Vegas trying to rush things and giving up way to much for a player they think would put them over the top.

i rmr when the trade was made. it was like 1 in the morning toronto time. i was surprised they got that much for patches, considering all the talk that he;s lost his touch. .
hazard liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 5:19 p.m.
Banned
This is all kind of hilarious. Montreal plays better than they should be and everyone forgives the guy who traded Subban for Weber. Domi move Is working out but just pump the breaks on giving the keys of the city to the GM. He really hasn't fixed anything yet, just got lucky on a couple of trafes
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 5:22 p.m.
He his not good but not bad
Dec. 8, 2018 at 5:47 p.m.
that subban trade will live on in infamy. other than that hes made some pretty solid moves over his tenure (ex. danault for Weiss and fleishman, petry trade), and some pretty questionable moves (ex. alzner signing, price extension, etc...)
hes definitely not a good GM, but hes not a Peter Chirelli either. hes kinda meh. that subban trade will forever be what he is remembered for though.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 6:49 p.m.
Ballards Curse
Quoting: mhockey91
that subban trade will live on in infamy. other than that hes made some pretty solid moves over his tenure (ex. danault for Weiss and fleishman, petry trade), and some pretty questionable moves (ex. alzner signing, price extension, etc...)
hes definitely not a good GM, but hes not a Peter Chirelli either. hes kinda meh. that subban trade will forever be what he is remembered for though.

Well like I said, not every GM can be perfect. I don't think the Price extension was THAT bad considering how valuable goalies are. I mean, look around the league and see how many teams would actually be alot better if they had a decent keeper... PHI, STL, FLA, NJD. Gibson and Andersen should be making 10+ as well forcarrying their teams so far lol. I guess we look at it as an outlier cause Goalies shouldnt be paid as much as a Centre or number 1 dman, when in reality, they should...

As for the Alzner trade, yeah that was a stinker, but can pass it off to Seattle i think soon, and I honestly like the Weber deal. Sure, hes on the back half, but MTL has some promising youth, and He's still logging top minutes with no sweat imo.
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 6:50 p.m.
Ballards Curse
Quoting: LoganOllivier
This is all kind of hilarious. Montreal plays better than they should be and everyone forgives the guy who traded Subban for Weber. Domi move Is working out but just pump the breaks on giving the keys of the city to the GM. He really hasn't fixed anything yet, just got lucky on a couple of trafes

Nah dude, I'm a leafs fan too, and I'm happy to see MTL doing well. Really reminds me of the leafs 2 years ago. They have alot of promising youth, and Hell, I love Domi and Kotkinemi.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 6:51 p.m.
Ballards Curse
Quoting: SammyT_51

Bang on bud. Bowman is a gongshow lol. As I say, hes worst deal was giving up Panarin for Saad. That cemented it for me
Dec. 8, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: LoganOllivier

That’s what makes a GM good
Dec. 8, 2018 at 7:37 p.m.
Well like I said, not every GM can be perfect. I don't think the Price extension was THAT bad considering how valuable goalies are. I mean, look around the league and see how many teams would actually be alot better if they had a decent keeper... PHI, STL, FLA, NJD. Gibson and Andersen should be making 10+ as well forcarrying their teams so far lol. I guess we look at it as an outlier cause Goalies shouldnt be paid as much as a Centre or number 1 dman, when in reality, they should...

As for the Alzner trade, yeah that was a stinker, but can pass it off to Seattle i think soon, and I honestly like the Weber deal. Sure, hes on the back half, but MTL has some promising youth, and He's still logging top minutes with no sweat imo.

Habs were kinda between a rock and a hard place for price you’re right. You can’t let him walk, and he’s gonna want an 8 year. They could’ve traded him for a haul and started a rebuild. That would’ve been the only other option.
The Weber Trade was a bad one though u can’t even deny it. Subban was better then, is better now, and will continue to be better than Weber. He was a fan favourite, did so much for the community, and if he had a rift with the coach; fire the coach, not ur star (which they ended up doing anyways)
Dec. 8, 2018 at 7:49 p.m.
Banned
Nah dude, I'm a leafs fan too, and I'm happy to see MTL doing well. Really reminds me of the leafs 2 years ago. They have alot of promising youth, and Hell, I love Domi and Kotkinemi.

I give him props for not being afraid to try stuff but the Weber trade and Price contract are just so bad that I can't really buy any of his successes.
Dec. 8, 2018 at 11:07 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Edited Dec. 8, 2018 at 11:14 p.m.
It’s debatable, I guess. He’s been solid with depth moves (Byron, Weise for Danault, etc)

For trades, as long as Weber keeps playing they way he does (besides the injury, there’s been absolutely no decline in his game on the ice, as many might suggest otherwise) , I’m fine with the Subban trade. The Domi deal no one could expect how it’s turning out (Bergevin himself just said the same lol) the Drouin trade is starting to turn around, didn’t look so good at first, but now Drouin at LW is two thumbs up. So for all the crap Bergevin has gotten for trades (myself being one of those who criticized him a lot), he deserves more credit.

But where Bergey really sucks is contracts. Treated Subban like crap with the bridge deal, then clearly overpaid him (at the time) afterwards. Gave too long a deal to Price. Miserably failed with Radulov. Then played hardball with Markov when he didn’t need to (where he’s also failed at replacing him to this day). The Shaw contract, Alzner! it goes on and on.

Then finally his biggest sin, which his staff is also to blame *cough* Timmins *cough*. 1st rd draft picks and developing them properly (Galchenyuk, McCarron, Scherbak, De la Rose at 34th overall, and failing to develop Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc). Hopefully they’ve learned from their abundant mistakes, because it’s starting to look like they turned things around with Juulsen, Poehling, Kotkaniemi.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll