SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Late May Mock Draft with comments - 2 rounds

Late May Mock Draft with comments - 2 rounds

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: SammyT_51
Published: May 28, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
Description
We dont know the final rankings for teams so Im just gonna go based on this one and we will see.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Best player in the draft. Excellent two-way winger for Detroit who would immidiatelly become a key contributor for Detroit. He has elite skillset in everything and would probably be the best player drafted since 2016. Obvious pick for Detroit.
2Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharks2nd best player available. Ottawa gets their future number one center. There has been a lot of talk about who should go 2nd (him or Stutzle).. let me tell you something.. Byfield is much closer to Lafreniere than Stutzle. He is that good. Ottawa is getting a top player in every regard.
3Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-And now the questionable part. If this is the lottery result, would LA go with BPA at 3 or would they go for need at 3? I think they go for BPA at 3.. if they have pick any lower, I see them going for Sanderson/Drysdale. And yes, Sanderson is that high amongst NHL teams. Which shocks me, but when I think about it, doesnt surprise me. They go with Raymond/Stutzle at 3. And looking at it closely, Tim Stutzle at 3 makes sense for them. Thats a 1st line player right there. Offensively gifted LW who can but wouldnt play center. But frankly, Sanderson or Drysdale at 3 wouldnt surprise me and shouldnt surprise you.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With 4th overall selection, Ottawa selects Jamie Drysdale. Two-way defenseman is of average height for age, but he is incredibly mobile and super solid offensively and what many dont know, defensively as well. Amazing senses and plays smart defensive game which helps him create offensive chances and situations. Would surely run PP at some stage of his career and would excel at that. I see Ryan Ellis in him.
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim would go with BPA. But it would be close call between Perfetti, Rossi and Raymond for them in my opinion. I see them going with Lucas Raymond for sure, but the other two options shouldnt surprise you much tbh. And I perfectly see a scenario where they go for Perfetti tbh. It wouldnt surprise me to see them pick Holtz as well. But I decided that they go for Raymond with 5th overall selection.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Devils need a scoring winger with heavy shot to one day put on Hughes or Hischiers right/left wing. Alexander Holtz fits that bill perfectly. Holtz is the best sniper in this draft no matter what Button would try to tell you lol. Other option is Jake Sanderson, which would be weird but also kind of expected. Sanderson has such a good NHL reviews that I think if no changes are made and lottery has current standings without change.. Sanderson can go 4th to LA.
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres should go for center and imo best available is Lundell, but also they might consider Rossi/Perfetti higher on their lists. I see Perfetti going to MTL right after this pick and I think Buffalo goes with Rossi at pick 7. Smart two-way smallish center who is speedy and has all around ability to be 2C they need and want. He can share a dot with Cozens as well on one line since I see Cozens more as a winger than a center.
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-And now Montreal.. they have many options here. Would they go with logical option (Perfetti)? Would they go with another center (Lundell)? Would they go with LD (Sanderson)? Would they go with Caufields teammate and all around great talent (Holloway)? Who knows.. last 2 years proved to me that Montreal is capable of logical choices on draft day, which means they go with Perfetti in this scenario.
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-There is only one logical options for Hawks here and thats Yaroslav Askarov. If they go with somebody else like Sanderson/Holloway/Lundell, it wouldnt make much sense quite frankly. Askarov would be the selection here.
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesFrom conversations I had with people close to NHL scouting departments, if Sanderson is available at 10, it would be a big surprise, but I definitely see a surprise coming. Sanderson at 10 to NJ would be a logical selection. Remember, I dont have Sanderson in my top-20 rankings even since I dont believe he is that good. Just being realistic here about NHL teams.
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota selects by far the BPA, which is finnish center, Anton Lundell. I have him ranked 3rd in my rankings, but I think he falls. However I see a lot of 1C potential in player of his qualities. Offensive attributes are hundred percent there and he was one of the best possesion players in liiga at age 17/18. Defensively best center in this draft and one of the smartest players in this draft as well. Huge win by Wild with 11th overall selection
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver would get their pick back here in this case apparently. Important thing here is that they wont have Judd Brackett leading the charge here. And if you ask who, its the guy who convinced Canucks to draft Pettersson in 2017 and wanted Larkin in 2014 instead of Virtanen. He is leaving after june. The options are open for this pick. It could be a guy like Mercer or Zary here.. but I believe they would take away the best things from guy they dont want and pick either Gunler or Holloway who should both be available here. Gunler is more of a sniper and Holloway is two-way monster who I absolutely love and would fit perfectly on line with Horvat and potentially Podkolzin. Gunler has winners mentality and would be a great RW on line with Pettersson. I believe Vancouver go with Holloway. But both him and Gunler would be perfect fits if Vancouver gets their pick back.
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville has a lot of options here. But I think they would want a sniper at this spot which would mean drafting Jack Quinn, even tho I dont have him in my top-20.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-And now for stupidiest first round selection.. I believe Florida goes for LD here and would choose Kaiden Guhle. They should go for BPA in Gunler/Perreault,. but wouldnt. Guhle is the selection here for Florida and Im sorry to any Panthers fan here.
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames would either go for right shot sniper or right shot D. Would they want to expand on their offense with Gunler/Perreault? or would they go for RD like Barron or Schneider? Its 50/50 quite frankly.. I think they go for RD here with Schneider.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers have variety of options here but swedish sniper seems like the most logical selection here. He would fit right in with the group in NY and would be a solid contributor for them in top-6 role in future.
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg imo goes for center here and best center available in this spot imo is Connor Zary which would be fantastic pick-up for Winnipeg as Zary is pretty safe option on center but also has upside to make him even better than he probably would end up being.
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersOttawa would go for BPA here and that would either be Perreault or Jarvis for them. I think they go for Seth Jarvis with 18th overall selection. Super skilled smallish playmaker would be a solid player to pick for Ottawa.
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-They love them Russians, eh? Columbus goes for LW Rodion Amirov imo here with that pick. It would make a lot of sense quite frankly. Solid two-way winger who dominates in games where team needs him to dominate. Solid goalscorer, solid playmaker.. just solid all around fringe top-6 winger on NHL level.
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBPA here would be Jacob Perreault, Jan Mysak or Dawson Mercer and I think they go with Perreault due to his Sarnia connection being linemate of Jamieson Rees and having one of the best upsides in this draft. They can also go for Mysak with Necas connection but Perreault would probably be better fit as they would likely want that legit sniper.
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesRangers with 21st overall selection.. they would have multiple options.. would they go with canadian RW or czech LW/C? I believe they would go with Jan Mysak here. Would be a rock solid option for Rangers here as I believe he is a sure fire top-15 quality pick right here.
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas imo goes for RHD right here. There are two options for them.. Barron or Grans.. I think they go for a swede here with Helge Grans. Solid two-way D that would be great option for Dallas. I dont see them going for forward here.
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Edmonton here has interesting options.. they likely go with forward.. but which one Im not entirely sure. Likely would be Dawson Mercer, which is gonna be my pick here, but it could easily be Hendrix Lapierre or if he is still available, Noel Gunler. But I go with Dawson Mercer here, Im hopeful they pick BPA.
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-I see Vegas going with a defenseman here and the one that makes sense for me here is Justin Barron from Halifax Mooseheads. They might go with forward here as well, but I think if either one of Barron/Schneider is available, they pick that player. If they go with forward, I see them picking Mavrik Bourque or Marat Khusnutdinov.
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsKnowing Minnesota, they would go for a LD here.. and best available are Lukas Cormier, William Wallinder, Emil Andrae and Ryan O'Rourke. Considering they have bunch of swedish Dmen in the system they might go with familiarity and pick one of Andrae/Wallinder but I see them changing that route a little and going with Soo guy, Ryan O'Rourke. He is very good player overall, smart defensively and stands out in leadership role.
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Would Philadelphia go for C or wing? I believe center. Would they go for QMJHL center, euro C or NCAA commit center? Who knows.. but I feel like they tend to like NCAA committed players a lot in 1st rounds of the draft so I believe they would pick C Brendan Brisson from Chicago Steel and University of Michigan commit. It is sort of a reach a bit here but solid pick for them. Other options are Hendrix Lapierre or Roni Hirvonen.
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Caps are in interesting position. They dont really have any glaring hole to fill but they possibly want a capable mid-6 winger with potential. Reichel or Chromiak here are two choices that make sense. I believe if they go with one of them, Detroit at 32 would pick the other one so I believe slovak heritage of sorts would be a possible selling point on Chromiak with the two being players of very similar quality.
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningYou wanna see a reach? San José is another team to watch! They like their russians very much and would likely want to take advantage of available Ds here.. I believe they would reach on Alexander Nikishin despite William Wallinder being available.
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado would go for a center here.. whether it is right shot one or left shot one is matter of their preference.. possibilities are vast imo with Tyson Foerster, Mavrik Bourque, Roni Hirvonen, Hendrix Lapierre all being available here. I believe they go with playmaking high scoring smallish C/W in Mavrik Bourque.
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues go for a LD and that one is going to be William Wallinder. They would have options in Lukas Cormier, Emil Andrae but eventually would go with Wallinder with their pick. Logical option here.
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAnd 1st round being concluded by Anaheim here with 31st overall selection, I believe they should go with defenseman here. They need that right shot D which makes Topi Niemela extremely realistic and solid option with pick 31. Finnish two-way D would be a solid pickup and Ducks would be able to steal a forward in rd2 with their next pick.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Another day here in meh city of Montreal for NHL draft! Detroit starts the day with 32nd overall selection. I believe Detroit would pick one of Reichel or Chromiak here.. whoever is left available by Washington. Chromiak was selected earlier so Reichel is the pick here.
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-they got almost all positions covered with their 3 first rounders. Ottawa here would pick BPA, which might be anybody to be very honest so Ottawa selects a LW Ridly Greig from Brandon Wheat Kings.
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San José would continue in their european drafting and picks centerman from Liiga, Roni Hirvonen. Smallish center would be a strong pick for Sharks in early 2nd round. Solid two-way centerman with solid mid-6 upside.
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-They go with BPA defenseman imo. Which is Lukas Cormier. This pick would make a lot of sense for Kings. They need depth on left side.
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim selects a center. You need as much of those as possible and why not have a right shot one who is great and shouldve been a 1st rounder.. Tyson Foerster.
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsNashville picked a RW with their 1st rounder.. but would they pick another forward here or would they pick a D here? Not sure Im leaning towards them picking a forward here. Hendrix Lapierre would be their pick here after Lapierre falls to 2nd round of the draft.
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo.. they should go for a goalie but I think their goalie pick would be available later. So they go for BPA which imo is Zion Nybeck or Kasper Simontaival. But would they go with smaller forward? Not sure.. but I believe Nybecks skillset would make him a nice pick here for Sabres.
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreals two picks here would be interesting to watch.. I wanna know who they go for here but I guess a forward and a defenseman here would make sense. Habs select Thomas Bordeleau from USNTDP.
40Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksWith another pick, 40th overall, Montreal would select a defenseman. I believe they would go for one who played in QMJHL, which means that William Villeneuve would be a Hab in this scenario. Another possibility here is Yan Kuznetsov.
41Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedArizona goes weird again but with correct pick and that would be John-Jason Peterka.
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota goes with BPA and that is Kasper Simontaival. Other options might include Vasili Ponomaryov, Jaromir Pytlik or Justin Sourdif.
43Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksKings should take BPA and that would most likely for them be Jaromir Pytlik or Carter Savoie. But I think they go with Savoie on this one.
44Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville with another selection here.. I believe they should go for a defenseman here and that D could be one of Yan Kuznetsov, Jeremie Poirier or Eemil Viro with most like Eemil Viro to come on top of this one.
45Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida would learn to use their brain and select Justin Sourdif with 45th overall selection.
46Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary goes for right winger and that would be one of Daniil Gushchin, Luke Evangelista or even Sam Colangelo. I think Evangelista is the pick here for CGY.
47Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York RangersCarolina picks finnish LW sniper and amazing skater for his size, Roby Järventie.
48Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-(and Andrae falls but shhhhhh) Winnipeg would be interesting team to watch here because they probably would go with defenseman but they would have few different choices.. finnish guy, russina guy or another russian guy? I believe they would be deciding between Joni Jurmo and Yan Kuznetsov and pick Kuznetsov.
49Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersOttawa selects a big faller here with Emil Andrae.
50Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsOttawa with 50th overall selection gets to pick Vasili Ponomaryov.
51Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs go with Soo guy here, C Jaromir Pytlik, but they would have different players to pick from such as Marat Khusnutdinov, Ty Tullio or Daniil Gushchin, but they select Pytlik.
52Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina might go with goalie here if no better options are available but I think they go with a defenseman here - Daemon Hunt.
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas StarsOttawa goes for goalie here - Joel Blomqvist.
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton OilersI feel like Detroit goes for smol russian here and there would be three choices - Marat Khusnutdinov, Daniil Gushchin and Alex Pashin. They go with C - Marat..
55Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLA selects centerman here.. which one? Who knows.. but maybe Ty Tullio who is not really a centerman but can play there.
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsI feel like Chicago would have a weird pick here.. Sam Colangelo.
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Would Flyers pick another forward here or go for D? Because I feel like another forward should be a good pick at this point. Preferably LW so Jake Neighbours should be a good pick. They might also go with RD and pick Eamon Powell.
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsDetroit selects RD Eamon Powell.
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Tampa Bay would pick Daniil Gushchin here. Great value here with this selection.
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado AvalancheSan José? Tough.. but most likely go for another russian, now forward - Alexander Pashin
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis BluesMontreal picks a defenseman here, finnish wall Joni Jurmo at 61st overall.
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-Boston has the last pick in this mock draft and they would imo select BPA here and thats imo going to be Ty Smilanic. Poirier, Mukhamadullin, Foudy, Stranges, Weisblatt, Cuylle, Tuch all fall to rd3.
May 28, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
Very well wrote. I hate San Jose’s picks but still good mock
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 8:26 p.m.
I mean, I could see the Hawks taking Sanderson, but not Lundell or anyone else. We aren't exactly loaded on top LD prospects. We have a few but nobody that stands out in a crowd. But to me Askarov definitely makes the most sense
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Always a fun read, I'll have to ping you when I'm done mine (doing mine in current points projection order based on team needs)

Now my opinions on your draft:

Pick 4: Raymond is the BPA, Ottawa (or LA) is still likely a bottom of the league team next year and its a draft class stacked with defense. They also already have some solid RD prospects coming up. I think passing up the chance to have a first line of Tkachuk - Byfield - Raymond/Stutzle is way too good. I pick the Marner-esque player here for sure. LA too, getting an eventual first line with Raymond on the wing is more important then Drysdale for their rebuilds.

Pick 5: I can't imagine Anaheim not picking Drysdale with thing pick if he's available

Pick 7: I think especially after the comments made today Buffalo needs the most NHL ready player available, IMO that's Lundell. He also fills their depth needs too for a more defensive minded player.

Pick 12: Vancouver is really not in need of center's probably their last worry (Point Projection has them picking 17th though and Devils getting the pick), I see them going for Quinn or Mercer if they have 12 OA.

Pick 15: There is some logic behind Calgary getting a RD but none of the players around that pick range will be NHL ready for at least 3 years. I think Flames should be looking to stock up their empty center prospect pool with that pick, 3 years from now Backlund probably isn't 2C caliber anymore and Monahan might want to walk. They are also known for drafting NHL caliber defense in later rounds too.

Pick 18: In my draft I don't see any way Ottawa passes on the forward prospects with their first 2 picks, I would have them go for a RD here. Schneider, Grans, Barron, whoever's available.

Pick 22: Grans is a wild card to me, he has a much lower ceiling then the players around him but a higher floor too. Pretty much a lock for the NHL but could max out as a 3rd pair guy. Safe pick overall but could easily fall to the 2nd round.

Pick 23: I don't think there's any way Mercer falls out of top 20. Fast skater, great work ethic, 2-way player. Very similar to Kapanen.

Pick 37: Ok Lapierre is not falling to the 2nd round, he has the talent to be a top 10 pick this draft. It was recently revealed that his most recent injury was a cervical dysfunction, nothing to do with a concussion. With the ray talent and potential this kid has, I could 100% see a top 20 team taking the risk on him.

I need to do some more research on the lower first round players so i can't really make comments on them as of now.
OldNYIfan, aedoran and Leemer liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 9:37 p.m.
Bruins should take Ozzy Wiesblatt. They need RW prospects big time. And RD prospects. Ozzy has a high compete level. Great attitude and character player.

I don’t see Poirier, Tuch, Wiesblatt and Cuylle all making it to round 3. That would be great for teams like Detroit and Ottawa.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
John 3 16
Colorado definitely won't go with a C here. They are very deep at C (i.e. Newhook, Jost, Bowers, Kamenev, Compher). Order of priority: RHD > FWD > LHD > C.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 2:36 a.m.
Hawks won't pass on Lundell at the 9 spot, a 1 2 center punch of Lundell and Dach is too good to pass up. Goalies just don't have the value that top centers, defenseman and even elite wingers do
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 3:01 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Richard88
Colorado definitely won't go with a C here. They are very deep at C (i.e. Newhook, Jost, Bowers, Kamenev, Compher). Order of priority: RHD > FWD > LHD > C.

They have Makar, Johnson, Timmins..
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 3:02 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hawks won't pass on Lundell at the 9 spot, a 1 2 center punch of Lundell and Dach is too good to pass up. Goalies just don't have the value that top centers, defenseman and even elite wingers do

They need elite goalie and Askarov is elite goalie prospect.
May 29, 2020 at 3:10 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
They need elite goalie and Askarov is elite goalie prospect.

Free agency or trades is a better option then spending a top 10 pick. Over the last 30 years, only 3 goalies in the first round have lived up to expectations. Goalies are the hardest to predict especially top 10 draft picks. In the last 30, how many top 20 draft picks in goalies have won a cup? Compare that to forwards or defenseman and it's not close. Beyond that, goalies take 4 to 6 or 7 years and Askarov is 17 years old...he's at least 4 years away. Hawks can do better...Askarov will fall outside the top 10.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 6:59 a.m.
John 3 16
They have Makar, Johnson, Timmins..

Johnson is declining gradually and by the time Johnson's contract expires in 2023 we're going to need a replacement. So a RHD drafted this year would have 3 years to develop which is ideal.

The organisation is super high on Timmins, but the reality is that he's had concussion problems and so putting all our eggs in that basket would be a risk. There should also be a few really good RHD options at pick #29, such as Schneider, Barron, Niemela, Grans, and Villeneuve (though the latter might be a slight reach).
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 7:11 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Richard88
Johnson is declining gradually and by the time Johnson's contract expires in 2023 we're going to need a replacement. So a RHD drafted this year would have 3 years to develop which is ideal.

The organisation is super high on Timmins, but the reality is that he's had concussion problems and so putting all our eggs in that basket would be a risk. There should also be a few really good RHD options at pick #29, such as Schneider, Barron, Niemela, Grans, and Villeneuve (though the latter might be a slight reach).

I think they go with BPA forward or center in 1st and possibly later pick D. Also next year would be super good for defenseman
Richard88 and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Always great to read your evaluations, Sammy! Thanks a lot.

I'm going to tag a couple of youngsters to alert them to this (as well as some of the comments).

@Shesterkin_next_GOAT
@Mitch1_6
May 29, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
John 3 16
I think they go with BPA forward or center in 1st and possibly later pick D. Also next year would be super good for defenseman

Personally I think Reichel and Niemela would both be BPA over Bourque at 29, and also fit Colorado's needs better. Reichel is a bit of a project 3-4 years away, but he has legit 1st line upside. If Colorado go for a forward then I would be thrilled if they grabbed one of the two Germans.
May 29, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Always great to read your evaluations, Sammy! Thanks a lot.

I'm going to tag a couple of youngsters to alert them to this (as well as some of the comments).

@Shesterkin_next_GOAT
@Mitch1_6

Good job! You have to think why SJS didn’t top-10 protect their pick
May 29, 2020 at 8:14 p.m.
Reichel and JJ Peterka are 1st round locks. Foerester and Lapierre are also almost 1st round locks. Perreault is not the BPA at 20.
May 29, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.
Banned
this is good content
SammyT_51 liked this.
May 30, 2020 at 4:09 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
Reichel and JJ Peterka are 1st round locks. Foerester and Lapierre are also almost 1st round locks. Perreault is not the BPA at 20.

For me, Perreault is BPa at 20 and BPA at 15. I have him 12th in my final rankings. NHL teams would have him lower but not that much lower. But I mean I was surprised by stupidity of teams before so wouldnt surprise me if he falls too.

Reichel, Peterka, Foerster and Lapierre are all guys who are not even close to locks for 1st round, some of them would be selected there, some of them might not. Could all 4 of them be 1st round picks? Absolutely! Are they locks? No.
May 30, 2020 at 9:23 a.m.
Fan of the OHL
Imo one of the teams with 2 picks in the first round takes a swing at Lapierre - rangers or wild and possibly the wings at pick 32
I don’t know why some are high on Thomas Bordeleau at 5ft 9 he’s an undersized Centre ranked 29 th North American by central scouting with probably 16-20 euros ahead of him suggests he will picked 45-50 but I think Habs can do better at pick 40 With Peterka or Neighbours or Simontoval
A lot of people like Antonio Stranges for the 2nd round
May 30, 2020 at 10:18 a.m.
For me, Perreault is BPa at 20 and BPA at 15. I have him 12th in my final rankings. NHL teams would have him lower but not that much lower. But I mean I was surprised by stupidity of teams before so wouldnt surprise me if he falls too.

Reichel, Peterka, Foerster and Lapierre are all guys who are not even close to locks for 1st round, some of them would be selected there, some of them might not. Could all 4 of them be 1st round picks? Absolutely! Are they locks? No.

Lapierre has top 10 upside but I think teams will wait until top 20 to pick him. Foerster is ranked by many as a late 1st prospect. Reichel is the only one who I could see fall into the early 2nd. JJ Peterka is playing solid minutes for a top DEL team and is producing relatively well. Perreault is an amazing scorer don't get me wrong, he's one of my personal favorites but he's not going to go any higher than the last couple picks of the 1st round. His defense is not sound, other players just skate by him.
May 30, 2020 at 10:35 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
Lapierre has top 10 upside but I think teams will wait until top 20 to pick him. Foerster is ranked by many as a late 1st prospect. Reichel is the only one who I could see fall into the early 2nd. JJ Peterka is playing solid minutes for a top DEL team and is producing relatively well. Perreault is an amazing scorer don't get me wrong, he's one of my personal favorites but he's not going to go any higher than the last couple picks of the 1st round. His defense is not sound, other players just skate by him.

Lapierre might fall to 2nd. His injury concerns are huge. But he is generally Id say top-20 talent (not top-10). Reichel and Peterka both are generally ranked in early to mid 2nd, I have them that way too. Foerster likely goes in 1st, but he is not a lock at all. The only logical lock for 1st round is Lapierre. Could all 4 be first rounders? Yeah.. Im not saying they arent..
May 30, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
wpg
Really nicely done! this thread perfectly shows why Capfriendly is so fun
May 30, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Lapierre might fall to 2nd. His injury concerns are huge. But he is generally Id say top-20 talent (not top-10). Reichel and Peterka both are generally ranked in early to mid 2nd, I have them that way too. Foerster likely goes in 1st, but he is not a lock at all. The only logical lock for 1st round is Lapierre. Could all 4 be first rounders? Yeah.. Im not saying they arent..

Not all of them are 100% 1st round locks. But Lapierre is probably 90% a lock, if that makes sense. He is top 10 talent, if his season had continued at the pace which it was going prior to his first concussion he would've scored about 110 points, which would've put him in the same place as Perfetti (who he performed well with at the Hlinka-Gretzky).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll