SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

I wont support a Price trade see why in description

How many years has Price been selected by his pears as the best goalie in the league
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 14, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
This past season Price was unanimously voted by his pears on the ice as the best goalie in the league. Ill post the link, https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2019-20. On the top right corner of the page, you'll notice a select year tab. I won't spoil the fun.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
Log off the internet
well clearly he must be the best then. and since Bobrovsky placed 4th, he must be a top-5 goalie
JeffW, kafle22 and bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 9:37 p.m.
Banned
Looks can be deceiving. According to McDavid, Doughty is the best defenseman in the league.
Kotkaniemi15, kafle22 and Remus liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 9:50 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Price isn’t the best goalie in the league. But there’s still a million reasons why we shouldn’t/won’t trade him.
Big_Papa20, SevenLeg, Jo_Habs77 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 9:56 p.m.
Good you guys should keep him then
Hedman77 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 10:14 p.m.
CGY
With Price it's more name recognition than anything, he's not the best goalie in the game anymore. He gets voted best goalie in the game, because he's intimidating to face for players. Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Gibson, Rask I think are all better goalies at this point
Hedman77, kafle22 and bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 10:29 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Price isn’t the best goalie in the league. But there’s still a million reasons why we shouldn’t/won’t trade him.

I mean the only reason to not trade him is that you could not trade him for anything that is remotely decent.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Quoting: ItWasIn
With Price it's more name recognition than anything, he's not the best goalie in the game anymore. He gets voted best goalie in the game, because he's intimidating to face for players. Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Gibson, Rask I think are all better goalies at this point

I believe that poll question was "who is the best goalie" in 2020, not name recognition. In 2019, the question was "who was the best goalie". In 2018, the question is "which goalie is the most difficult to score on". Price, Price and Price. Voted by the NHLPA. That's fact, not an opinion i think he says...
Jul. 14, 2020 at 10:49 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Quoting: moli92
Good you guys should keep him then

I'm glad you agree with my post, yet, i sense you have more hockey knowledge than the combined NHLPA.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: blanche
I'm glad you agree with my post, yet, i sense you have more hockey knowledge than the combined NHLPA.

they voted Bobrovsky as the 4th best goalie and Doughty as the 4th best defenseman. Take these popularity contest NHLPA votes with a grain of salt
bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
they voted Bobrovsky as the 4th best goalie and Doughty as the 4th best defenseman. Take these popularity contest NHLPA votes with a grain of salt

If your colleagues voted you the best in your field would it be acceptable for me to think its a popularity contest? Price has been according to you the most popular player since 2017-18.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
CGY
I believe that poll question was "who is the best goalie" in 2020, not name recognition. In 2019, the question was "who was the best goalie". In 2018, the question is "which goalie is the most difficult to score on". Price, Price and Price. Voted by the NHLPA. That's fact, not an opinion i think he says...

It's incredibly subjective. I'm not saying he's not good, he's just not the best goalie in the league anymore. Just because players vote on it doesn't make it fact.

3 of the top 4, Price, MAF and Bob all posted below league average sv%
UpsideDownQue and Hedman77 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Quoting: ItWasIn
It's incredibly subjective. I'm not saying he's not good, he's just not the best goalie in the league anymore. Just because players vote on it doesn't make it fact.

3 of the top 4, Price, MAF and Bob all posted below league average sv%

Because players voted him as the best goalie in the NHL 3yrs in row, it is fact. As for subjective, i think you should look up the definition as it really does support my argument. If you were voted the best in your field of work by your colleagues would my opinion that you weren't be valid.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
If your colleagues voted you the best in your field would it be acceptable for me to think its a popularity contest? Price has been according to you the most popular player since 2017-18.

if it was a joke of a poll like this one was then yeah of course. Why do you put so much value into a poll when there are actual NHL awards for goalies? Look at Vezina winners recently - or better yet just go look at league wide goalie stats instead of listening to subjective polls
ItWasIn, bhavikp27 and Hedman77 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:21 p.m.
CGY
if it was a joke of a poll like this one was then yeah of course. Why do you put so much value into a poll when there are actual NHL awards for goalies? Look at Vezina winners recently - or better yet just go look at league wide goalie stats instead of listening to subjective polls

Price was jobbed out of the last 3 Vezina's
Jul. 14, 2020 at 11:27 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica

You do know that reporters vote NHL awards? Your willing to put more weight that the reporters know the game better than the players.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.
You do know that reporters vote NHL awards? Your willing to put more weight that the reporters know the game better than the players.

1. The GMs vote for the Vezina, not reporters. There are no pure-goaltending awards that are voted on by reporters.

2. No I'm not necessarily putting more weight on the Vezina trophy, I'm just pointing out that you are cherry picking sources just to try to justify why price is the best goalie while ignoring the ones that you don't agree with.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 12:28 a.m.
AustonFathews

That's not a fact. Facts are backed by statistical evidence, a bunch of players saying price is the best is an opinion of the players, not a fact. Price has been below league average for the past 2/3 years in terms of sv% and GAA. But hey, I'm happy you wanna keep him, more goals for Matthews.
Hedman77 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 2:10 a.m.
Pop Pop
Price is fine, he just makes too much money. 6 mire years on that deal too.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 7:54 a.m.

If they voted Zac Rinaldo as the best player in the league, would you still believe them?
Jul. 15, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Price is the best goalie in the world according to only a Habs fans at this point. His contract makes him not valuable to any other team and the Habs would be a disaster without him. So if we don’t trade him, we won’t get some garbage in return and our fan base won’t die. It’s a win-win
Jul. 15, 2020 at 6:51 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Quoting: bhavikp27
If they voted Zac Rinaldo as the best player in the league, would you still believe them?

Just stick to the facts as reported. Zac Rinaldo i'm sure he is a great guy...your opinion is not fact. I just not sure what you are arguing. Are you saying the all nhl players are incorrect in the voting of Price as the best goaltender for the past 3yrs?
Jul. 15, 2020 at 6:55 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Quoting: notKyleDUbas123
That's not a fact. Facts are backed by statistical evidence, a bunch of players saying price is the best is an opinion of the players, not a fact. Price has been below league average for the past 2/3 years in terms of sv% and GAA. But hey, I'm happy you wanna keep him, more goals for Matthews.

You say a bunch and the poll is definitely all players. Price is playing on ****ty team, has dealt with injuries and the Habs haven't seen the playoffs in 3yrs. I would like Price to make less money no less than you think Matthews, Marner or Nylander should make less.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Just stick to the facts as reported. Zac Rinaldo i'm sure he is a great guy...your opinion is not fact. I just not sure what you are arguing. Are you saying the all nhl players are incorrect in the voting of Price as the best goaltender for the past 3yrs?

But most are. 50% of their votes are probably common sense, the other 50% is reputation... that goes with Price. He was elite and superhuman in 2014/2015 but since 2017, he has been average at best. Now, the problem is that you're biased.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 7:12 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Quoting: bhavikp27
But most are. 50% of their votes are probably common sense, the other 50% is reputation... that goes with Price. He was elite and superhuman in 2014/2015 but since 2017, he has been average at best. Now, the problem is that you're biased.

The poll confirms my argument. Not sure how the voting gets done, i'm just trying to support my argument because i am a fan. Ya, his stats stink but so do the Habs, he has dealt with injuries, no playoffs. Yet despite his stats, he will be the starter next Olympics which should be his last.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit