RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Stuzle, Tim
$925,000$925,000
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA
$858,333$858,333
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 20, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
Depends on the sweetener.

The 2020 2nd is off the table if the Leafs win their play-in round.

And conversely, 2021 2nd is off the table if they win the lottery.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
angry LA fans incoming
Rodzikhockey93 and GenXHockey liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
Yeah.... the Kings aint doing that bro
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
angry LA fans incoming

I made it!
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Banned
Leave it to a Leafs fan to make such a one sided trade.

Please explain why the Kings would do this... and please don't be like most incompetent Leafs fans and ignore my request for an explanation.

Dermott is nothing, but a 3rd pairing LD and the Kings already have 2 of those in MacDermid and Clague. We also have Anderson in our top 4 as well as the Vet LD we are seeking. I hate advanced stats, but Roy makes analytical people cream their pants. He also has the same attributes as Alec Martinez, but could possibly end up better. There will not be a sweetener because there will not be a trade. It makes zero sense for the Kings.

I am so ****ing sick of these Roy and/or Lizotte to Toronto trades. You ****ing wish! It is not happening and if someone throws the expansion draft in my face one more time I'm going to get suspended, I'll have nothing good to say about all these idiots who lack common sense.
KingsLover liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: mhockey91
angry LA fans incoming

" ASSEMBLE"

Quoting: Bf3351

Please explain why the Kings would do this... and please don't be like most incompetent Leafs fans and ignore my request for an explanation.

Dermott is nothing, but a 3rd pairing LD and the Kings already have 2 of those in MacDermid and Clague. We also have Anderson in our top 4 as well as the Vet LD we are seeking. I hate advanced stats, but Roy makes analytical people cream their pants. He also has the same attributes as Alec Martinez, but could possibly end up better. There will not be a sweetener because there will not be a trade. It makes zero sense for the Kings.

I am so ****ing sick of these Roy and/or Lizotte to Toronto trades. You ****ing wish! It is not happening and if someone throws the expansion draft in my face one more time I'm going to get suspended, I'll have nothing good to say about all these idiots who lack common sense.

Pipe down pal. For starters there is a two years age difference in favour of the kings. Statistically Matt roy has evidently showed he can play a strong shutdown role. Dermott has the upper hand on puck moving and skating ability.

Now LA has a pretty piss poor left hand side. Hutton is shaky and Clague is still an uncertainty to be successful making the jump. Dermott would be the perfect player to fill in on the top 4 LH side and start eating up some more minutes. As for Roy, a cost controlled contract for next season and would be a perfect nuumber 4 for the leafs on that RH side. Would probably place him with eihter rielly or muzzin
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.

its an interesting scenario that expansion draft... i dont think you need to lose roy or lizotte in an expansion draft. if you do 7-3-1 you choose between clague/roy/walker (could just send a different prospect for them to take like brown or something.) if you do 4-4 is it really that bad to lose kempe/brown/moore/wagner/luff? like all of those guys are replaced with the stockpile of prospects in the pool anyways. you could easily expose and let them take clague and bjornfoot just slides into that spot no problem. Idk to me (someone looking at the kings quite a bit) i think you arent in a bind at all.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
" ASSEMBLE"

Pipe down pal. For starters there is a two years age difference in favour of the kings. Statistically Matt roy has evidently showed he can play a strong shutdown role. Dermott has the upper hand on puck moving and skating ability.

Now LA has a pretty piss poor left hand side. Hutton is shaky and Clague is still an uncertainty to be successful making the jump. Dermott would be the perfect player to fill in on the top 4 LH side and start eating up some more minutes. As for Roy, a cost controlled contract for next season and would be a perfect nuumber 4 for the leafs on that RH side. Would probably place him with eihter rielly or muzzin

wait? you seriously think hutton is actually in the kings future plans? I know they are on the rebuild but i highly doubt they try and be seriously competitive next year. I think they have one middler year next year and then post expansion they come out on fire. they could easily move one of their many many draft assets/prospects for a left d without giving up roy...
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.

You do understand that Dermott and Roy are the exact same player right? Dermott is slightly more experienced and a little younger, with a higher upside than what Matt Roy is and ever was projected to be - Matt Roy is a steal at 700K and that's all
Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: Boomer125
You do understand that Dermott and Roy are the exact same player right? Dermott is slightly more experienced and a little younger, with a higher upside than what Matt Roy is and ever was projected to be - Matt Roy is a steal at 700K and that's all

BUT BUT BUT BOYFRIEND tre­mila­tre­cento­cinquant­uno SAID....
mhockey91 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
Banned
" ASSEMBLE"

You forget we are a rebuilder. Our left side is only weak because Bjornfot will play another AHL most likely. After that it is very strong with Bjornfot and Anderson. Clague and MacDermid will share the 6th spot against fast/slow teams. So no, Dermott would not be the perfect player for the top 4 LD. Every Kings fan with half a brain will tell you the same thing.
KingsLover liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
Banned

No they aren't lol. They are completely different.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: hanson493
wait? you seriously think hutton is actually in the kings future plans? I know they are on the rebuild but i highly doubt they try and be seriously competitive next year. I think they have one middler year next year and then post expansion they come out on fire. they could easily move one of their many many draft assets/prospects for a left d without giving up roy...

Hutton will most likely not be resigned. Roy will not be traded. Kings are going to acquire a vet LD, not sure if that'll be Hjarmarsson, Leddy, or some FA. Kings do not want or need Dermott.

We will be competitive and probably barely miss a wild card spot, but we will not be adding to our team other than a Vet LD and maybe a bad contract for a 1st. Kings have some good young talent on the roster right now and the older guys are feeding off of them as we saw in there last 10 games so I expect them to play ALOT better,but not good enough to be close to a playoff spot but not too far from a wild card spot.
hanson493, OldNYIfan and KingsLover liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
" ASSEMBLE"

I would say Roy and Dermott are probably on the same level in terms of potential, but Roy is coming off an exceptional season (winning nearly every defensive award in the Kings organization), while Dermott was "only" good. Roy projects to be a quality 4/5 defenseman, and Dermott projects to the be same.

The reason why the Kings won't do this trade is due to the needs within the Kings organization. I completely disagree with your assessment of the Kings left side, especially when the prospects are taken into account. The best defenseman in the pipeline is Toby Bjornfot, who the Kings currently project to be Doughty's long-term partner. Doughty was downright giddy over the 3 games he got to play with him back in October, saying that he can't wait for that kid to become a regular in the lineup. Mikey Anderson has had a quality career thus far as well, and has excelled in every league he has played in. He played a handful of games prior to the shutdown, and is one of the major reasons why the Kings were on their seven-game winning streak. Finally, the Kings have multiple options to fill in their 3LD spot, with MacDermid, Clague, Brickley, and Hults all competing for NHL spots this season. MacDermid and Clague are the front-runners for the 6 & 7 spots on the team right now, but training camp in November will make that picture more clear. The main problem is that with the exception of MacDermid, all of these kids will be in their rookie seasons. They would like to add a veteran presence on the left side for a couple seasons to allow Bjornfot a bit more time to develop in the AHL before making the permanent jump. I'm sure they'd like to slide another season on his ELC by limiting him to 9 NHL games this year.

Now let's contrast that with the right side. Obviously Doughty is the 1RD for the next 7 years. The Kings have been short on the right side since Voynov's abrupt departure, opting to play Martinez on his off-hand for several seasons with mixed levels of success. However, now that he's gone, the Kings don't really have anyone capable of playing their off-handed side. They tried MacDermid at 3RD and it didn't really go well. Walker and Roy both had quality seasons this year. Walker was really good early in the season, but looked really shaky for two months in the middle of the season, especially when they tried him on Doughty's left. They moved him back to the right side and started to look better again before they suspended play. I don't think either of Roy or Walker project to be top-four guys, and any contender would likely have defensive issues if they were playing above their bottom pair. However, either can step up into the #4 spot in a pinch and not look out of place.

The issue the Kings have is that, unlike on the left side, they have zero RHD options after Roy and Walker. The next two guys in the pipeline are Durzi and Spence. Durzi is still several years away from being NHL ready. His offensive game is good, but his defensive game is still light years away from being acceptable. Spence is 19 years old and will need another 3-4 seasons before he's an option, if he ever even gets there. If the Kings trade away one of Walker or Roy, they have no one to replace them.

To sum up, I don't think Dermott for Roy is a bad value proposal. As I said, both players are on nearly equal footing when it comes to potential. I do think that the Leafs would have to add a bit considering the quality of the seasons that both players just had. However from a gap-filling perspective, there's absolutely no reason for the Kings to make this trade. Moving Roy would immediately open a gap that the Kings have no candidates to fill. Acquiring Dermott would just add another LHD competing for that 3RD spot, and the Kings would still be in the market for a veteran LHD, as a 23-year old kid isn't exactly what they had in mind when they said they were shopping for "experience". As Leafs fans certainly can attest, quality RHD are significantly harder to come by than LHD, so the Kings aren't going to want to flip the gap in their defensive pipeline to the right side.

Kings decline.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:50 p.m.
Hutton will most likely not be resigned. Roy will not be traded. Kings are going to acquire a vet LD, not sure if that'll be Hjarmarsson, Leddy, or some FA. Kings do not want or need Dermott.

I really really hope LA does aquire Dermott, just so in 9 months you can tell us all what a Fantastic and valuable player Dermott is and that Matt Roy is only worth a 4th (due to his contract extension - 3 x 4)
Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

We will be competitive and probably barely miss a wild card spot, but we will not be adding to our team other than a Vet LD and maybe a bad contract for a 1st. Kings have some good young talent on the roster right now and the older guys are feeding off of them as we saw in there last 10 games so I expect them to play ALOT better,but not good enough to be close to a playoff spot but not too far from a wild card spot.

so as a rebuilding team you are going to rely on clague, Bjornfoot and Andersson? Doesnt sound very reliable. Dermott being 2 years older than Clague would be consdier the start to this rebuilding Defence
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.

exactly, i dont have them being nearly as bad as the leafs... think rangers this year. who i bet take a small step backwards next year.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
so as a rebuilding team you are going to rely on clague, Bjornfoot and Andersson? Doesnt sound very reliable. Dermott being 2 years older than Clague would be consdier the start to this rebuilding Defence

the leafs seem keen to rely on holl, dermott, sandin, and liljegren for the future... why cant the kings rely on clague, bjornfoot and andersson?
Jul. 20, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.

the leafs seem keen to rely on holl, dermott, sandin, and liljegren for the future... why cant the kings rely on clague, bjornfoot and andersson?

There are veteran LHD that are available that do not require the Kings giving up Matt Roy.
hanson493 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
its an interesting scenario that expansion draft... i dont think you need to lose roy or lizotte in an expansion draft. if you do 7-3-1 you choose between clague/roy/walker (could just send a different prospect for them to take like brown or something.) if you do 4-4 is it really that bad to lose kempe/brown/moore/wagner/luff? like all of those guys are replaced with the stockpile of prospects in the pool anyways. you could easily expose and let them take clague and bjornfoot just slides into that spot no problem. Idk to me (someone looking at the kings quite a bit) i think you arent in a bind at all.

In general kings are going to lose a defenseman. Might as well get value before one gets taken for free. The deal works as Dermott can play well, will cost barely anything, and can grow into a future top 4 with Walker.

So unless Doughty waives and kings are forced to leave one of those 3 exposed man are they losing on a good deal.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 5:03 p.m.
Banned
I really really hope LA does aquire Dermott, just so in 9 months you can tell us all what a Fantastic and valuable player Dermott is and that Matt Roy is only worth a 4th (due to his contract extension - 3 x 4)

Probably one of the funniest things I've heard in a while from one of the funniest guys on here
Jul. 20, 2020 at 5:08 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
In general kings are going to lose a defenseman. Might as well get value before one gets taken for free. The deal works as Dermott can play well, will cost barely anything, and can grow into a future top 4 with Walker.

So unless Doughty waives and kings are forced to leave one of those 3 exposed man are they losing on a good deal.

you either protect roy walker and doughty, clague walker and doughty, or roy clague and doughty. Its who the kings value more. by swapping roy for dermott... you just change the narrative to: do you protect dermott walker and doughty, dermott clague and doughty, or walker clague and doughty. its no different. the choice still isnt an easy one to make.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: EnvironmentalTwister
Depends on the sweetener.

The 2020 2nd is off the table if the Leafs win their play-in round.

And conversely, 2021 2nd is off the table if they win the lottery.

Leafs have no conditions on their 2020 2nd and the only condition on the the 2021 2nd is Clifford re signing.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
you either protect roy walker and doughty, clague walker and doughty, or roy clague and doughty. Its who the kings value more. by swapping roy for dermott... you just change the narrative to: do you protect dermott walker and doughty, dermott clague and doughty, or walker clague and doughty. its no different. the choice still isnt an easy one to make.

i would say to help the kings i would do (Kapenan+SDA) for (Roy or Walker + Lizotte), This allows the kings to get a solid RW who is good at both ends, and a future center/wing play-making prospect for a center who could get ousted by Byfield/Stuzle coming in and a RHD who can fill the leafs dcore.

This can allow for the Kings to protect (Doughty, Claugue, Walker) and for forwards they can protect (Vilardi, Kopitar, Brown, Kapenan, Iofallo, Kempe, Moore or Wagner) with Petterson as their goalie protection
Jul. 20, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
Leafs have no conditions on their 2020 2nd and the only condition on the the 2021 2nd is Clifford re signing.

2020 2nd isn't being dealt if they don't have a first this year

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll