C
UFA - 4
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
UFA - 3
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$803,333$803,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$759,258$759,258
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$803,333$803,333
C, LW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$776,667$776,667 (Performance Bonus$110,000$110K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$830,833$830,833
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$810,000$810,000
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:56 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
How are the Habs losers 😂. They fixed every single one of their needs.
chungus and Pens3lieve liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: SevenLeg

agree. MTL have great potential for next year. they are stacked.
and PIT isn't a loser at all...they remained constant I think. they removed all major and minimal probs. now the new players have the boom or bust potential but I put them in the middle for now
SevenLeg and chungus liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
The leafs are kind of winners this off season.

A. Tougher to play against (added Bogosian, Vesey, Simmonds, Anderson (hyman lite), extended Mikheyev, and Thornton
B. Goaltending depth (added Dell/Hutch - not many 4th goalies out there with 100+ games of NHL experience)
C. Get morgan rielly's defence partner (signed brodie to a decent deal for 4 years)
D. Get more depth (self explanatory, replaced johnsson/kappy with like 80 000 forwards and replaced Ceci/Barrie with Brodie, Lehtonen, Bogosian, resigned dermott for cheap)
E. Add some multi-dimensional leadership (brought back spezza, got thornton, bogosian, simmonds - who all make basically the same as just Johnsson lol)

Hard to find an area where the leafs didn't hit a home run for what their goals were, especially considering they had to move laterally with a flat cap
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
There is a lot on this list that doesn't make sense to me.

For example, MTL and CGY added positional needs whereas FLA lost both Hoffman and Dadonov and replaced them with Wennberg and Hornqvist...

NSH could easily be losers too -- sure they fixed the bottom pair, but they lost a whole lot of goals and replaced that with rookies and bottom 6 forwards. Simply buying out Turris should make them losers -- so dumb...$2m for 8 years... ;(
chungus liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:06 p.m.
I think the Preds, Blues, Panthers (only due to losing Hoff/Dadonov though because that's 55+ goals gone, I do like the depth moves they've made but those are smaller impact things), and Canucks are losers, and I'd put the Flames, Habs, Sens, and Knights as winners honestly, they all addressed needs and improved their rosters. Edit: I'd say Sharks are losers for basically standing pat as well, and Leafs are probably winners too.
capfriendlyaccount liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
How is vegas a loser? They landed the top free agent. Pretty sure that more than cancels out trading Schmidt for nothing
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Rangers 2023
I think florida should be neutral
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:14 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
How is Calgary losers?
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Disagree about CBJ. We got Domi for a player who played only 26 ROUGH games for us last year, that's instantly a massive improvement. Koivu is an elite 4th liner at this point.

We got rid of nurivaara who was our 2.7M 7th dman, and Murray who to be fair is awesome but is hurt way too damn much. We upgraded our forward core bigly and Peeke/Kukan is not really a downgrade from Murray (due to his injuries) and Nutivaara. Complain about our draft, which is silly, but our roster moves haven't been bad. At worse we are in the neither column.

Kinda odd how canucks are in the neither column even though they have taken big downgrades, while CBJ is in the loser column
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:34 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Alright, a lot of comments here, I'm going to go through them one by one here:
Quoting: SevenLeg

I'm pretty sure I'm about the only one with this opinion, so here we go:
1) They lost the Domi trade and then 2) they overpaid Anderson. I honestly didn't love the Allen trade either, considering he's reaally streaky and they probably could have got someone as good or better in Free Agency.
3) They traded for Edmunson and gave him a bad contract.
All the other stuff they did I liked, especially the Toffoli signing, but I just don't think they're good enough. I don't see them as being a top 3 team in the Atlantic, and I think from the Canadian teams Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg are all better, and they'll be in a fight with Edmonton and Vancouver.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Pens3lieve
agree. MTL have great potential for next year. they are stacked.
and PIT isn't a loser at all...they remained constant I think. they removed all major and minimal probs. now the new players have the boom or bust potential but I put them in the middle for now

Pittsburgh I could put in the middle, but I really didn't like the Kapanen and Horqvist trades. The Murray trade was good, and they got their RFA's on solid deals, but they also signed Ceci which isn't great. I don't think they did any worse than the last couple of offseasons haha
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
Alright, a lot of comments here, I'm going to go through them one by one here:

I'm pretty sure I'm about the only one with this opinion, so here we go:
1) They lost the Domi trade and then 2) they overpaid Anderson. I honestly didn't love the Allen trade either, considering he's reaally streaky and they probably could have got someone as good or better in Free Agency.
3) They traded for Edmunson and gave him a bad contract.
All the other stuff they did I liked, especially the Toffoli signing, but I just don't think they're good enough. I don't see them as being a top 3 team in the Atlantic, and I think from the Canadian teams Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg are all better, and they'll be in a fight with Edmonton and Vancouver.

We'll see about #1, #2, #4 during the season, but it's too early to tell. As for Allen, he's good in a limited role and the trade was a home run, considering what a goalie like Talbot got on the open market.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Lyle_Bubas
The leafs are kind of winners this off season.

A. Tougher to play against (added Bogosian, Vesey, Simmonds, Anderson (hyman lite), extended Mikheyev, and Thornton
B. Goaltending depth (added Dell/Hutch - not many 4th goalies out there with 100+ games of NHL experience)
C. Get morgan rielly's defence partner (signed brodie to a decent deal for 4 years)
D. Get more depth (self explanatory, replaced johnsson/kappy with like 80 000 forwards and replaced Ceci/Barrie with Brodie, Lehtonen, Bogosian, resigned dermott for cheap)
E. Add some multi-dimensional leadership (brought back spezza, got thornton, bogosian, simmonds - who all make basically the same as just Johnsson lol)

Hard to find an area where the leafs didn't hit a home run for what their goals were, especially considering they had to move laterally with a flat cap

That's true, and the Kapanen return is great, but they still don't look much better to me than last year. The bottom six could be boom or bust. I think losing Kapanen/Johnsson will hurt the Forwards a little.
chungus liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:51 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
No offence, but in my opinion, lots of this list is wrong.
Jets: As much as I like them, they were neither. Not winners.
Sabres, Wings and Avs: I agree. All these were winners
The entire rest of the winners column: none of these teams were clear cut winners. The were whatever offseasons.

Ducks, Canes: Yup. Neither. Each of these team mostly sat and did not much.
Bruins: They lost Krug. They go no replacement.
Stars, Preds and Wild: Yup. Neither. Nothing big on any of these teams.
Isles: They still have massive cap problems. Losers.
Sens: Winners. They did a great job, even if the hadn't, there's no where to go but up.
Flyers and Sharks: Neither.
Blues. Losers. They lost Pietro and Allen and got Krug, and they still need to lock up Dunn.
Leafs: Winners. Maybe this is homerism. But they improved defence and got leadership.
Canucks: Losers. They lost 3 good free agents and only replaced 2 (one of them, Holtby, is a downgrade).
Knights: Winners: They got Pietro for goodness sake.
Caps: I agree neither.

Yotes: Losers, yup. This team is the laughing stock of the nhl.
Flames: Nope. Winners. They got a real goalie.
Blackhawks: Yup, Loooosers.
Pens: Neither. They didn't lose any key parts of their team.
Lightning: Not so far, but by the time next season starts they will likely be this offseasons biggest loser.
Jackets: Neither. They didn't loose any key peices.
Habs: Winners. They got deeper in every position. And they didn't loose any key players.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: villenash
There is a lot on this list that doesn't make sense to me.

For example, MTL and CGY added positional needs whereas FLA lost both Hoffman and Dadonov and replaced them with Wennberg and Hornqvist...

NSH could easily be losers too -- sure they fixed the bottom pair, but they lost a whole lot of goals and replaced that with rookies and bottom 6 forwards. Simply buying out Turris should make them losers -- so dumb...$2m for 8 years... ;(

Montreal and Calgary are kind of hot takes, but I'm not sold on some of those contracts. I think Tanev and Markstrom could really blow up in Calgary's face (Plus they did lose Brodie). We'll see though.
Florida I considered putting in the middle for that reason, but the moves they did make I really liked- the Horqvist trade was good, the Nutivaara trade was great for them, and I like picking up Hinostroza as well. We kind of knew they would lose Hoffman, I was very surprised they lost Dadonov and I definitely like him on the contract he got. I think they did solid though. I might move them to the middle.
Nashville I think did okay. Losing Smith isn't great, Granlund wasn't too good there anyways, so losing him doesn't hurt too much IMO. I like the Kunin trade for them, he could potentially be a top 6 guy down the line. Other than that there's just a lot of depth moves.
villenash liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Alfie11
I think the Preds, Blues, Panthers (only due to losing Hoff/Dadonov though because that's 55+ goals gone, I do like the depth moves they've made but those are smaller impact things), and Canucks are losers, and I'd put the Flames, Habs, Sens, and Knights as winners honestly, they all addressed needs and improved their rosters. Edit: I'd say Sharks are losers for basically standing pat as well, and Leafs are probably winners too.

Flames/Habs/Preds I've explained my thoughts on above. Panthers I kind of agree with you there, but I think the Hornqvist and Nutivaara trades could have a higher impact than you are thinking.
The Canucks I think were better than some people are thinking. I get that they lost a lot of pieces, but a Holtby/Demko tandem should be good, and I think some of their depth can step up and fill some of the voids. Losing Toffoli and Tanev hurts, but I think they're still just outside of real contention, so to have some new guys getting shots could be good for them long term as Tanev/Markstrom start to decline.
The Sens were a mixed bag, but I thought the Murray contract was a big mistake. The only move I really liked for them was getting Dadonov.
The Knights are very close to being winners for me but I think the Stastny trade will hurt them in the short term. Getting Pietrangelo is big though.
The Sharks are eh for me. They could still steal someone for cheap.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:21 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
How is vegas a loser? They landed the top free agent. Pretty sure that more than cancels out trading Schmidt for nothing

They also lost Stastny. That's basically the reason they're not in the winners.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Missouri
How is Calgary losers?

I think the Contracts they gave out could really hurt them long term.
Missouri liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
I think florida should be neutral

Yeah, on second thought I will change that. I really like the trades they made, but losing Hoffman and Dadonov will hurt.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Edited Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:35 p.m.
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
Disagree about CBJ. We got Domi for a player who played only 26 ROUGH games for us last year, that's instantly a massive improvement. Koivu is an elite 4th liner at this point.

We got rid of nurivaara who was our 2.7M 7th dman, and Murray who to be fair is awesome but is hurt way too damn much. We upgraded our forward core bigly and Peeke/Kukan is not really a downgrade from Murray (due to his injuries) and Nutivaara. Complain about our draft, which is silly, but our roster moves haven't been bad. At worse we are in the neither column.

Kinda odd how canucks are in the neither column even though they have taken big downgrades, while CBJ is in the loser column

I like the Domi trade, dislike that they walked him straight to UFA. Koivu signing is good, don't like the Murray and Nitivaara trades though. The returns on those were horrible. Good to give Peeke/Kukan a chance, but you should have gotten more. The draft I honestly didn't really factor in much, although I don't really like picking Chinakhov where you did. The Wennberg buyout is a small negative.
The Canucks weren't great but I'm glad they avoided giving Tanev/Markstrom what they got from Calgary.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
torontos finest
It's too early to judge the Lightning's offseason. Should wait until the RFAs are signed.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
torontos finest
It's too early to judge the Lightning's offseason. Should wait until the RFAs are signed.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 6:26 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
bigly

lol
Oct. 30, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Edited Oct. 30, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
No offence, but in my opinion, lots of this list is wrong.
Jets: As much as I like them, they were neither. Not winners.
Sabres, Wings and Avs: I agree. All these were winners
The entire rest of the winners column: none of these teams were clear cut winners. The were whatever offseasons.

Ducks, Canes: Yup. Neither. Each of these team mostly sat and did not much.
Bruins: They lost Krug. They go no replacement.
Stars, Preds and Wild: Yup. Neither. Nothing big on any of these teams.
Isles: They still have massive cap problems. Losers.
Sens: Winners. They did a great job, even if the hadn't, there's no where to go but up.
Flyers and Sharks: Neither.
Blues. Losers. They lost Pietro and Allen and got Krug, and they still need to lock up Dunn.
Leafs: Winners. Maybe this is homerism. But they improved defence and got leadership.
Canucks: Losers. They lost 3 good free agents and only replaced 2 (one of them, Holtby, is a downgrade).
Knights: Winners: They got Pietro for goodness sake.
Caps: I agree neither.

Yotes: Losers, yup. This team is the laughing stock of the nhl.
Flames: Nope. Winners. They got a real goalie.
Blackhawks: Yup, Loooosers.
Pens: Neither. They didn't lose any key parts of their team.
Lightning: Not so far, but by the time next season starts they will likely be this offseasons biggest loser.
Jackets: Neither. They didn't loose any key pieces.
Habs: Winners. They got deeper in every position. And they didn't loose any key players.

I'm definitely biased, but I really liked what the Jets did, especially getting Stastny to be 2C. Demelo resigning was good, we got great deals on Niku, Harkens and Appleton getting them for 2 years each.
Kings and Rangers I gave boosts for having top picks, so you could definitely put them in the middle.
Really like the Devils getting Johnsson and Murray for what they gave up, and the Crawford signing was really good. I don't think they make the playoffs, but they made good moves.
The Oilers got Barrie and Turris for great prices, who both fill needs. Ennis and Pulujarvi signings were also good low risk high reward.
Sens I mentioned above. Don't like the Murray contract at all.
Edit: Flames, Canucks, Habs, and Leafs I've also mentioned above.
Bruins at least got Smith who will be a great fit for them. They have some defensive depth. They avoided giving Krug 7 years which is okay.
Isles will be okay if Ladd goes on LTIR. They may have to dump Hickey or something but that's fine.
Blues at least got Krug, their top 4 is still okay, their forwards are fine, they may have to move some salary out to sign Dunn or give him a cheap one year deal with a handshake agreement.
The Knights are missing a 2C after they lost Stastny.
The Penguins traded their first to replace Hornqvist with Kapanen. That's a loss IMO.
Avs had the best offseason though IMO.
The Jackets got rid of Murray and Nutivaara and didn't get anyone great in FA. That's a loss to me.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
I'm definitely biased, but I really liked what the Jets did, especially getting Stastny to be 2C. Demelo resigning was good, we got great deals on Niku, Harkens and Appleton getting them for 2 years each.
Kings and Rangers I gave boosts for having top picks, so you could definitely put them in the middle.
Really like the Devils getting Johnsson and Murray for what they gave up, and the Crawford signing was really good. I don't think they make the playoffs, but they made good moves.
The Oilers got Barrie and Turris for great prices, who both fill needs. Ennis and Pulujarvi signings were also good low risk high reward.
Avs had the best offseason though IMO.

Well, the jets are my second favourite team, I think they improved a little bit. I'm worried though, how well Stasney will do, dispite being a huge Stasney fan. He's half the reason they are my second favourite team lol. Just think he's overpayed now. I have the kings down the middle or at least in the neither column, which I assume is what you mean. I suppose those other 2 could be winners, I just don't think they did that good.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll