Dreger says DeAngelo trade is in the works - how is this

Created by: dlt_hfu2847whsba
Team: 2020-21 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 1, 2021
Published: Feb. 1, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
MTL
  1. Deangelo, Anthony ($1,000,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$73,793,133$0$10,362,500$7,706,867
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$833,333$833,333 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 2
$737,500$737,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:25 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I have been consistent in saying we should wait for the truth. Many wanted him banned yesterday and today for racial abuse of Miller, which turns out was *not true*

So, no troubles with truth here

dude you cant say it's "not true" if you yourself dont know the truth. The rangers are in full on damage control mode to try and get this guy off their roster as fast as possible and they cant even get their story straight. Deangelo is on the record as being racist, he spent all last year up until the election spouting racist dogwhistles on twitter before he freaked out and deleted his account because trump lost.
More evidence points towards him being racist than does not and because the Rangers say he isnt doesnt mean he isnt.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:35 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
dude you cant say it's "not true" if you yourself dont know the truth. The rangers are in full on damage control mode to try and get this guy off their roster as fast as possible and they cant even get their story straight. Deangelo is on the record as being racist, he spent all last year up until the election spouting racist dogwhistles on twitter before he freaked out and deleted his account because trump lost.
More evidence points towards him being racist than does not and because the Rangers say he isnt doesnt mean he isnt.

I said wait for the truth. Today I said 'not true' because everyone involved has said it's ....NOT TRUE.

Deangelo had a history in juniors. Fully documented. But how is that relevant to him complaining about being scratched? It's not. These things have nothing to do with each other.

There are some people that want his scalp because of his politics...so a story about racial abuse/K'andre Miller was made up to pile on.

It is wrong. Everything about it is wrong.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:38 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: BigOaf69
he has a 1-way ticket to CSKA Moscow

Quoting: leafs101
they gonna trade him to VGK so he can fight Lehner and Reaves, and then to the KHL

I heard he doesn't like communists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
I said wait for the truth. Today I said 'not true' because everyone involved has said it's ....NOT TRUE.

Deangelo had a history in juniors. Fully documented. But how is that relevant to him complaining about being scratched? It's not. These things have nothing to do with each other.

There are some people that want his scalp because of his politics...so a story about racial abuse/K'andre Miller was made up to pile on.

It is wrong. Everything about it is wrong.

we have all the truth we need. the exact details are immaterial. People want his scalp because he's a terrible person with a long line of evidence showing he is a terrible person, and the fact that you keep saying that the racial thing was made up despite your own supposed desire to "wait for the truth" is pretty telling. You're obviously looking for an excuse to shift the blame off Deangelo for being awful.
maplelaughs2297 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
we have all the truth we need. the exact details are immaterial. People want his scalp because he's a terrible person with a long line of evidence showing he is a terrible person, and the fact that you keep saying that the racial thing was made up despite your own supposed desire to "wait for the truth" is pretty telling. You're obviously looking for an excuse to shift the blame off Deangelo for being awful.

"we have all the truth we need. the exact details are immaterial" (Pls spare me, then, on the accusations that I have trouble with truth)

I don't like Deangelo. I am a Devils fan who opposed Trump. I have no reason to like him.

On the fake Miller story...the team, the players, the agent, and about a dozen other reporters have come out to say that it was not true. John Davidson's statement was "100% false".
Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:53 p.m.
"we have all the truth we need. the exact details are immaterial" (Pls spare me, then, on the accusations that I have trouble with truth)

I don't like Deangelo. I am a Devils fan who opposed Trump. I have no reason to like him.

On the fake Miller story...the team, the players, the agent, and about a dozen other reporters have come out to say that it was not true. John Davidson's statement was "100% false".

sure thing bud, sure thing. You keep looking for that excuse. They cant even get their story straight but clearly it's "100% false"
Feb. 1, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
sbinalla
Quoting: BigOaf69
don't want him

no one wants him
Feb. 1, 2021 at 8:29 p.m.
Edited Feb. 1, 2021 at 9:13 p.m.
Quoting: Nikolay_Zherdev
Only 5 teams could afford him for “free”. With a trade and cap retained they’ll have people to take him it won’t be good but at least it’ll be a trade

Taking a step back and looking at it from a different angle. This was very smart on the Rangers part they got him through waivers when no one was willing to take the risk. I don't think he gets moved this season. Look at Andersson they kept him in the minors for a while and just recently got a 2nd for him. Once this all fades away they will be able to trade him.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Okay so it came from ton’ys agent saying they’re working for something. I believe that. I just don’t think it’s going to happen.

I think the most likely outcome at this point is ADA sits the rest of the season and possibly next season. Though I think someone would likely take a chance on him next year if the Rangers retain salary.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 8:53 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
Taking a step back and looking at it from a different angle. This was very smart on the Rangers part they got him through waivers when no one was willing to take the risk. I don't think he gets moved this season. Look at Andersson they kept him in the minors for a while and just recently got a 2nd for him. Once this all fades away they will be able to train him.

Train him? Think they are going to trade him.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 8:57 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: tormundgiantsbane
I think the most likely outcome at this point is ADA sits the rest of the season and possibly next season. Though I think someone would likely take a chance on him next year if the Rangers retain salary.

Why wouldn’t they just buy him out. It’s a cheap buyout after this year.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 9:14 p.m.
Train him? Think they are going to trade him.

Really a type o??
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
To be fair no one took him for free, so there's no realism in gaining a fair deal for Deangelo.

They're not getting a good deal. They'll have to settle for the least bad offer they get. If they get any, that is.

This is the right take. The Rangers choices will be if they can get someone to take him that it makes more sense to move than to buy him out.
justaBoss liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
Someone will end up taking him but the Rangers are going to end up retaining 50% of the contract. Teams with strong leadership group and a coach who doesn’t put up with BS might give it a crack. His political views shouldn’t be the things steering teams away that would be dumb. His character issues are what the problem is.
Feb. 2, 2021 at 11:29 p.m.
Jimbo1119
it's bad simply because no one should be trading for that POS, he should be out of the league for good.

Pretty harsh opinion there...at this point there is lots of speculation- but very little information as to what exactly got a 4.8M player put on waivers following an altercation after a bad loss...if it comes out that he was a bad team mate- then I guess he deserves it- but so far no confirmation of such. Angry with being benched following the addl penalty for yelling at the ref and slamming the door to the penalty box? Gimme a break- if this coach handed out discipline for bad penalties- many of his "teachers pets" would be in the press box- but he does not hold guys like Howden, Strome, JJ, Staal (of course last year) to the same standard that he has held others to...Lias comes to mind...Kravtsov was badly mishandled...ADA has (had) a short leash...Gautier is currently getting mistreated...in the end- unless something happened (which we're currently aware of)...Jeff Gorton set the Rangers up to get fleeced...You may not like ADA...or his political views (which he is entitled to)...but whoever gets ADA is going to get an offensively elite Dman- who...if he finds a little bit better defensive game- will be an absolute stud
Feb. 3, 2021 at 2:51 a.m.
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Pretty harsh opinion there...at this point there is lots of speculation- but very little information as to what exactly got a 4.8M player put on waivers following an altercation after a bad loss...if it comes out that he was a bad team mate- then I guess he deserves it- but so far no confirmation of such. Angry with being benched following the addl penalty for yelling at the ref and slamming the door to the penalty box? Gimme a break- if this coach handed out discipline for bad penalties- many of his "teachers pets" would be in the press box- but he does not hold guys like Howden, Strome, JJ, Staal (of course last year) to the same standard that he has held others to...Lias comes to mind...Kravtsov was badly mishandled...ADA has (had) a short leash...Gautier is currently getting mistreated...in the end- unless something happened (which we're currently aware of)...Jeff Gorton set the Rangers up to get fleeced...You may not like ADA...or his political views (which he is entitled to)...but whoever gets ADA is going to get an offensively elite Dman- who...if he finds a little bit better defensive game- will be an absolute stud

Its not harsh at all, hes a racist,homophobic, covid denying, conspiracy dummy who has already ran himself off 3 nhl teams.
And thats even without talking about who he voted for.
As far as hockey alone goes, hes horrific defensively like bottom of the league bad, and has had one great year offensively.
He sucks as a person and isnt near as good at hockey as people pretend
Feb. 3, 2021 at 7:37 a.m.

ADA has been part of the NYR organization for almost four years and has been given every opportunity to prove himself. Last year, he had a career season offensively, but he was still terrible defensively. We don't know how many incidents there were, that's true, but I'd imagine quite a few because of how Quinn and Gorton mentioned it being the last straw. You don't just kick a guy off a team for nothing, and especially not for his political views. You kick him off the team when he becomes toxic to your locker room.

ADA was never a good defenseman, only a good powerplay QB and point scorer. That simply doesn't cut it for defensemen in this league anymore - frankly, he never should've been given his $4.8 million contract, even if it is a bridge contract that expires next year.

ADA is a garbage player and a garbage teammate. Anyone making this about his politics - whether in defense or in opposition of him - is missing the point.
Feb. 3, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
Jimbo1119
Its not harsh at all, hes a racist,homophobic, covid denying, conspiracy dummy who has already ran himself off 3 nhl teams.
And thats even without talking about who he voted for.
As far as hockey alone goes, hes horrific defensively like bottom of the league bad, and has had one great year offensively.
He sucks as a person and isnt near as good at hockey as people pretend

To permanently brand someone as racist or homophobic based on 2 incidents- for which he was disciplined- which occurred when he was 18 or 19 yo is a bit unfair. And I'm aware of his record but have never heard specifics as to what his behavior involved.

As far as mentioning him as bottom of the league bad defensively...for sure he's had defensive issues going back to when he was drafted...but the O he provides does make him worth the gamble to turn the corner a bit defensively...but his defensive woes aren't helped by playing him with Staal or Jack Johnson.

As far as your "covid denying, conspiracy dummy" comment...I think you show your cards here in that your disagreement with his politics solidifies any and every connotation of him as a terrible human being.

FWIW- I'm sure I come off here as an ADA defender...but I do acknowledge he's not the brightest bulb- I mean probably not a good idea to get involved in the highly toxic and emotional topic of politics...and definitely a dumb idea to challenge a fan to a fight. And further- he might just be a bad guy and/or a bad locker room presence...but until I see concrete evidence of either I will withhold judgement there.
Feb. 3, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.
torontos finest
To permanently brand someone as racist or homophobic based on 2 incidents- for which he was disciplined- which occurred when he was 18 or 19 yo is a bit unfair. And I'm aware of his record but have never heard specifics as to what his behavior involved.

As far as mentioning him as bottom of the league bad defensively...for sure he's had defensive issues going back to when he was drafted...but the O he provides does make him worth the gamble to turn the corner a bit defensively...but his defensive woes aren't helped by playing him with Staal or Jack Johnson.

As far as your "covid denying, conspiracy dummy" comment...I think you show your cards here in that your disagreement with his politics solidifies any and every connotation of him as a terrible human being.

FWIW- I'm sure I come off here as an ADA defender...but I do acknowledge he's not the brightest bulb- I mean probably not a good idea to get involved in the highly toxic and emotional topic of politics...and definitely a dumb idea to challenge a fan to a fight. And further- he might just be a bad guy and/or a bad locker room presence...but until I see concrete evidence of either I will withhold judgement there.

The one constant:

Quoting: mondo
man the leaps and bounds people will go to to defend terrible people from any sort of criticism
Feb. 3, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.
Jimbo1119
Quoting: mondo
The one constant:

If you see what I posted as a defense for him then so be it...if you have any further information on him I will certainly consider it- saying I withhold judgement is just that...for now, though- being angry about being benched (while JJ and Howden continually play ineptly), slamming the door "hard" to the penalty box, and getting into a scrum following a bad loss...all are hardly reasons to banish him to Siberia....there has to be much more to it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll