SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2 Round Mock Draft

Feb. 24, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
Into it. I mean, everything changes if we add another 1st or 2...Chesley becomes less of a reach in the 20's, and you can go in another direction earlier.

Quoting: BruinsFan35
Yeah 16 is certainly high for Ryan Chesley. I think overall skill wise, Ty Nelson is the better prospect. But, you raise a good point that the Ducks could use a nice defensive defenseman behind Drysdale. Noah Warren is my #106 at the moment, but could be worth the third round pick? Big defensive defenseman that I think could be as good as a low-end second pair d-man. Could be worth a look. And you get to keep one of my favorite players in the draft in McGroarty.

Let's say the Ducks get back a 1st+ for Lindholm and end up in the 11-14 range. If he's there because of his injury, they should take Jiricek, no doubt. But if he's gone, I don't think a Defenseman would be the best pick. I'd pick one of Nazar, McGroarty or a potential faller like Yurov there. With the other 1st, let's say it's between 22 and 26, I'd absolutely love Chesley, as explained above. With the 2nd in the 40's I'd go BPA (which on my board would be Beck, Devine, Nyman, Gaucher). If the Ducks had a 3rd, they should absolutely take Warren there.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: TZ11
Let's say the Ducks get back a 1st+ for Lindholm and end up in the 11-14 range. If he's there because of his injury, they should take Jiricek, no doubt. But if he's gone, I don't think a Defenseman would be the best pick. I'd pick one of Nazar, McGroarty or a potential faller like Yurov there. With the other 1st, let's say it's between 22 and 26, I'd absolutely love Chesley, as explained above. With the 2nd in the 40's I'd go BPA (which on my board would be Beck, Devine, Nyman, Gaucher). If the Ducks had a 3rd, they should absolutely take Warren there.

If we bang on the Jiricek drum long enough, it has to happen. I did it for Drysdale, I think I can do it for Jiricek (I can't. I know I can't. I know it won't happen. It's going to make me sad. I have the same vibe from him as I did with Lundell, who would have been my second choice if Zegras was gone).
TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 4:32 p.m.
If we bang on the Jiricek drum long enough, it has to happen. I did it for Drysdale, I think I can do it for Jiricek (I can't. I know I can't. I know it won't happen. It's going to make me sad. I have the same vibe from him as I did with Lundell, who would have been my second choice if Zegras was gone).

Jiricek at 10 or something would be phenomenal. The defensive core would be close to complete. I wouldn't pick Chesley in the 20's then. There wouldn't be a real defensive Defenseman, but if you have a Top 4 consisting of Drysdale, Jiricek, Zellweger and Fowler/Thrun, that's not as important.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 4:34 p.m.
Lenny7
Jiricek at 10 or something would be phenomenal. The defensive core would be close to complete. I wouldn't pick Chesley in the 20's then. There wouldn't be a real defensive Defenseman, but if you have a Top 4 consisting of Drysdale, Jiricek, Zellweger and Fowler/Thrun, that's not as important.

Yeah, I worry that we're going to be in no-man's land, fall ever so slightly short of the playoffs, and pick right around 16 OA, regardless of what is done.
TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
Yeah, I worry that we're going to be in no-man's land, fall ever so slightly short of the playoffs, and pick right around 16 OA, regardless of what is done.

I hope not. I obviously don't want the team to be bad, but I hope they finish in the 10-13 range. Wouldn't be good if they straight up suck from here on out, especially for the young players. As of now, they'd be 14th (P%); a bit worse would be "optimal".
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Lenny7
I hope not. I obviously don't want the team to be bad, but I hope they finish in the 10-13 range. Wouldn't be good if they straight up suck from here on out, especially for the young players. As of now, they'd be 14th (P%); a bit worse would be "optimal".

Yeah, I think if you move Hampus, Rakell and maybe Manson, they're probably a lot closer to where they were last year. Agreed on not sucking...playoffs would be fun, but losing your 3 best trade chips for nothing would be a huge step backwards.
TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.
As I've been reading comments it looks like everybody is waiting for Jiricek to fall out of top 10 and pick him there. Probably not going to happen. I think he goes around no. 5 spot, despite being injured. Quality D-men are rare and therefore they are usually being selected before forwards of same caliber. Every draft there are several high-end 5ft9-5ft10 forwards available, while on the back end it is not that simple.
That's why I like Bichsel pick in the middle of 1st round. He is big and mobile, they are always in high demand.
Simmilar with Warren, I think somebody will pick him up in the 2nd round. Probably a team with numerous picks (ARI?). The numbers are not justifying that but once again, you need to overpay for all special kinds of players.

Your explanations are very deep. We all have different opinions and everybody would make different list. But you can actually back your selections up with advanced analysis. As usually, great job!
Feb. 24, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Let's Go!!! Another BruinsFan35 Mock Draft

For the Devils pick, I think they should go with Kemell or trade down for Juraj/Jiricek because they fill the Devils' needs.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 8:59 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
First, hell of a job with the in depth analysis for these prospects. Takes some dedication to put in that kind of work. Kudos to you.

From a Stars perspective, I would love to see them bolster their defensive prospect pool. Bichsel is a fine pick for that, but their biggest organizational need falls on the right side of their blue line. I know you don’t necessarily draft for need over BPA in the 1st round, but guys like Seamus Casey or Ty Nelson would be RD that I have in that 15-25 range that I’d be taking a very strong look at if I’m the Stars.
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Sick job as always dude, really like the explanations!

Enjoy seeing the love for; Ludwig Persson, Jordan Dumais(who is such a MIN pick), love the ceilings of both of these players.

Christian Kyrou, Topi Rönni, Filip Nordberg are going to be GREAT value picks where ever they get slotted. Very high on those guys.

Only player for me that is too low would be Kevin Korchinski. IMO he is going in the 1st round or at the very least early 2nd.

One player that I see jumping up in the rankings is Quinn Finley. Was one of the best American forwards on the Hlinka team. Was hoping to see him play in the BIO Steel game but he was hurt. Would love to see him fall to the Leafs, if we have any picks lol
Feb. 26, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
Ban Price trades
I'd love a tag in these moving forward! Excellent work.

I'm fine with chalking it up to not having the familiarity with the Oilers system or just deferring to BPA, but I don't think that the Oilers would look to take another two-way defender with offensive upside when Chesley offers a lot more of what they need. Not much for shutdown defenders in the system, especially behind Bouchard on the right side. Maybe Kemp? I don't know if Max Wanner becomes anything.
oilersguy liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 12:09 p.m.
I make typos
I would absolutely love it if the Oilers got Ty Nelson, imo the Oilers really need to use their first this year a Dman and I think Nelson would be prefect and plus the guy can slip a puck in half, and also he is already a teammate of Petrov's in North Bay
Mar. 1, 2022 at 3:05 p.m.
@BruinsFan35 You like to work, right?
I'll give you a list of prospects you can take a look on. Many of them are overagers, 19 goalies are also included.

1/3 or 1/2 of them will make my rankings. I have basically finished my list, but I'll probably wait a few more weeks, the details can change. For example, Julian Lutz has just begun with his season and Gavin Hayes is on a hot streak.

My list will be different, I will post a rankings with roughly 180 (maybe even less?) players I am willing to throw a flyer on and how many I am willing to spend on them. For example, I will have 20-25 players in 1st round. If in my opinion player is not worth 1st round pick, he will appear in 2nd. If he is not worth 2nd round pick, he will appear in 3rd and so on. GMs must think the same. Otherwise they would only trade down if they would need additional pick(s).
I don't think 224 players are worth at least 7th round pick. That's also GMs opinion. Otherwise on draft day nobody would be trading picks in the current draft for selections in the same round next season.

Now, here the guys are:

WHL: Grayden SIEPMANN, John BABCOCK, James STEFAN, Taylor GAUTHIER, Dylan ERNST, Ty YOUNG, Kolby HAY.

QMJHL: Francesco IASENZA, Emeric GAUDET, Ethan DOLLEMONT, Brayden SCHMITT, Maxime PELLERIN, Frederic BRUNET, William ROUSSEAU.

OJHL: Jack SPARKES.

OHL: Logan MORRISON, Matt MAGGIO, Riley PIERCEY, Nolan BURKE, Deni GOURE, Kyle JACKSON, Gavin WHITE, Kasper LARSEN, Chas SHARPE, Jacob LeBLANC, Roberto MANCINI, Joe RANGER, Pavel CAJAN, Jacob OSTER.

USHL: Davis BURNSIDE, Stephen HALLIDAY, Connor KURTH, German YAVASH, Garrett BROWN, Aiden DUBINSKY, Luke MITTLESTADT, Emmett CROTEAU.

NAHL: Luca Di PASQUO.

Russian leagues: Raul YAKUPOV, German TOLCHINSKY, Ivan GUSKOV, Yaroslav YAPPAROV, Grigori KUZMIN, Danil AIMURZIN, Vladimir ANDREYEV, Matvei AVEROCHKIN, Alexei YEGOROV (2 players with the same name, one 2002, one 2003. I am focused on 2003 one), Bogdan KROKHALYOV, Maxim AREFYEV, Stanislav BEREZHNOY, Ivan NOVOZHILOV, Maxim MAYOROV.

Other European leagues: Marcel MAHKOVEC, Luca HAUF, Milton OSCARSON, Ian BLOMQUIST, Daniel KRAL, Jakub TICHY, Nils WALLSTROM, Sisu HEIKKERI (on eliteprospects no data about his height and weight. Comparing to his teammates he should be 5ft11-6ft0).
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
Quoting: Playersoverpayed
BruinsFan35 You like to work, right?
I'll give you a list of prospects you can take a look on. Many of them are overagers, 19 goalies are also included.

1/3 or 1/2 of them will make my rankings. I have basically finished my list, but I'll probably wait a few more weeks, the details can change. For example, Julian Lutz has just begun with his season and Gavin Hayes is on a hot streak.

My list will be different, I will post a rankings with roughly 180 (maybe even less?) players I am willing to throw a flyer on and how many I am willing to spend on them. For example, I will have 20-25 players in 1st round. If in my opinion player is not worth 1st round pick, he will appear in 2nd. If he is not worth 2nd round pick, he will appear in 3rd and so on. GMs must think the same. Otherwise they would only trade down if they would need additional pick(s).
I don't think 224 players are worth at least 7th round pick. That's also GMs opinion. Otherwise on draft day nobody would be trading picks in the current draft for selections in the same round next season.

Now, here the guys are:

WHL: Grayden SIEPMANN, John BABCOCK, James STEFAN, Taylor GAUTHIER, Dylan ERNST, Ty YOUNG, Kolby HAY.

QMJHL: Francesco IASENZA, Emeric GAUDET, Ethan DOLLEMONT, Brayden SCHMITT, Maxime PELLERIN, Frederic BRUNET, William ROUSSEAU.

OJHL: Jack SPARKES.

OHL: Logan MORRISON, Matt MAGGIO, Riley PIERCEY, Nolan BURKE, Deni GOURE, Kyle JACKSON, Gavin WHITE, Kasper LARSEN, Chas SHARPE, Jacob LeBLANC, Roberto MANCINI, Joe RANGER, Pavel CAJAN, Jacob OSTER.

USHL: Davis BURNSIDE, Stephen HALLIDAY, Connor KURTH, German YAVASH, Garrett BROWN, Aiden DUBINSKY, Luke MITTLESTADT, Emmett CROTEAU.

NAHL: Luca Di PASQUO.

Russian leagues: Raul YAKUPOV, German TOLCHINSKY, Ivan GUSKOV, Yaroslav YAPPAROV, Grigori KUZMIN, Danil AIMURZIN, Vladimir ANDREYEV, Matvei AVEROCHKIN, Alexei YEGOROV (2 players with the same name, one 2002, one 2003. I am focused on 2003 one), Bogdan KROKHALYOV, Maxim AREFYEV, Stanislav BEREZHNOY, Ivan NOVOZHILOV, Maxim MAYOROV.

Other European leagues: Marcel MAHKOVEC, Luca HAUF, Milton OSCARSON, Ian BLOMQUIST, Daniel KRAL, Jakub TICHY, Nils WALLSTROM, Sisu HEIKKERI (on eliteprospects no data about his height and weight. Comparing to his teammates he should be 5ft11-6ft0).

Thanks. I actually have half- finished profiles on like 2/3 of those guys. Just have to finish them up. I also believe that I have published a full profile of Dylan Ernst, but I’ll double check. Challenge accepted lol
Mar. 2, 2022 at 12:48 a.m.
Quoting: BruinsFan35
Thanks. I actually have half- finished profiles on like 2/3 of those guys. Just have to finish them up. I also believe that I have published a full profile of Dylan Ernst, but I’ll double check. Challenge accepted lol

Just a fair reminder, Taylor GAUTHIER is not available anymore - he has just signed ELC with PIT. Some others might follow.

And I forgot to mention:
1. Great comment about prospect Good Bogg.
2. Great picture of prospect Elias Pettersson from Orebro Canucks.
BruinsFan35 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 3:50 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Nice mock draft, every pick is spot on!

I do think however than Arizona picks Leinonen before Ottawa. Yes, they do Vejmelka, but the depth behind him isn't good.

I also realized that the Robertson pick is similar to mine as I also have Robertson going to Arizona.
Mar. 4, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I'd love a tag in these moving forward! Excellent work.

I'm fine with chalking it up to not having the familiarity with the Oilers system or just deferring to BPA, but I don't think that the Oilers would look to take another two-way defender with offensive upside when Chesley offers a lot more of what they need. Not much for shutdown defenders in the system, especially behind Bouchard on the right side. Maybe Kemp? I don't know if Max Wanner becomes anything.

If Edmonton keeps their 1st, which is seeming fairly likely, I'd be taking a long look at Chesley for them. To me, he's exactly what they need, and would be the perfect 2RD behind Bouchard moving forward.
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Mar. 7, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
"I think that the Red Wings should go with a left-shot defenseman." I don't think that would be an awful idea by any means, but they do have the following LHD in the pipeline:

Simon Edvinsson
Albert Johansson
Donovan Sebrango
William Wallinder
Shai Buium
Eemil Viro
Wyatt Newpower

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll