SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Season Discussion Thread #21-TDL Edition

Mar. 20, 2022 at 5:40 a.m.
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Hey! I don't wanna hear this. If anything it's us(Habs fans) that should be frustrated, that tampa stole our cup for the 1st time in my lifetime.
We could have won a cup, but it didn't happen. And im frustrated from these 3 things:
#1: Cap Circumvention
#2: Vasilevskiy with too big equipment
#3: Kucherov for being stupid.

Your cup? Montreal was objectively the worst team in the playoffs last year, rode a hot goalie + Danault popping off for 3 rounds, and then lost handily to one of the best teams we've seen in decades. The Habs got very lucky with opposing injuries too. They didn't deserve to make it past game 5 of the first round, let alone win the cup. The Lightning did not circumvent anything, all GMs have been aware of the ability to use LTIR for years (Kane got injured until playoffs in 2015 which allowed Chicago to load up for a 3rd cup win) and only 2 teams voted to do anything about it, one of which was the Lightning lol. The GMs decided that the current system is fine, so really point #1 is just complaining that Brisebois is smarter than your team, because it was all within the rules. #2 is just stupid through and through and doesn't deserve to be addressed. I don't even know what you mean by #3, unless by stupid you really mean better than any skater your franchise has had since Lafleur. Not sure why you felt the need to complain when the comment you responded to had nothing to do with the Habs anyway.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 5:54 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: ricochetii
Boeser is a legitimate top six 20 goal scorer and only 24. He's still on pace to break 20 this season, he's almost hit 30 before, and you'll be signing him through his prime.

It's not the kind of player you get cheap.

I never said he'll come cheap. That's the whole point. Spending asset like Lundkvist is a major move in that direction.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 5:58 a.m.
What in tarnation
They woudlnt be able to pay him his qo. That's the thing.

Hmmm. Fair, money probably is an issue. But I digress, there's also other possibilities.

I'd still much rather trade Lundkvist+ for insert an actual top-6 winger here than a mid-6 one with glorified value.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 6:10 a.m.
What in tarnation
In reality, lehky is worth 2nd + 3rd, but with him being an rfa, and with the market going up for these players, and the that hughes loves him, and with all the rumors saying Habs atleast want a 1st in the package, it's fair to say Habs only trade lehky for 1st + 3rd. Therefore bourgault + 3rd makes sense. Not saying oilers should or woidl do it, but habs need to get this in exchange in order for them to trade lehkonen. Once again. 2nd + 3rd is fair, but 2nd should be switched to 1st if Habs deal him. He's more valuable to the habs than taking a flyer on a couple of picks. If I was another team, woudl I acquire lehkonen for 1st + 3rd? Absolutely not. If I was the habs, would I trade lehkonen for 2nd + 3rd? Absolutely not. Therfore, it matters if the other team values lehkonen more than 1st + 3rd, because habs value him more than 2nd + 3rd, and it's clear. Therefore, either a team steps up, or we keep him. And I wouldn't be disappointed if we keep him, and I understand if teams wouldn't want to pay our asking price. And other teams should understand our hesitant to trade him for their thinking of what is fair value. Everyone has to look at it from both sides.

I hope that was understandable.

So basically it comes down to wishing that someone overpays for Lehkonen, similar to what Habs fans hoped to happen with Toffoli. I can remember you asking Pelletier+Zavgorodny+1st for the guy in AGMs/forums, and we all know how that went.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 6:59 a.m.
Hey! I don't wanna hear this. If anything it's us(Habs fans) that should be frustrated, that tampa stole our cup for the 1st time in my lifetime.
We could have won a cup, but it didn't happen. And im frustrated from these 3 things:
#1: Cap Circumvention
#2: Vasilevskiy with too big equipment
#3: Kucherov for being stupid.

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
You’re delusional.

It’s not cap circumvention. It sucks that the Bolts won the cup, but you coming up with random excuses to try to say that they unfairly won is sad. The fact that a Bolts fan mentions something that doesn’t remotely have anything to do with the habs and you get upset over stupid petty stuff means you need to get over it. The Lightning of the last 2 years are probably the best NHL team ever, so it’s not surprising they won 2 cups.

And if anyone should be upset at being robbed by Tampa Bay it’s the Islanders, the team who lost to them in the conference finals in each of the last 2 years, and weren’t steamrolled like Montréal was in the Finals.

Quoting: DirtyDangle
youre right on #1, but #2 and #3 are ridiculous. habs lost because they were in way over their heads.

Yes. Kotkaniemi15 and DirtyDangle bring up great points, Kucherov may have an abrasive personality but that shouldn’t be a judgement against a team and Vasy having big equipment is normal lol, he’s huge and to the cap circumvention, only Kucherov had a chance to not belong on LTIR the whole season, he did practice before the season ended and came back for the playoffs but we don’t know how his injury recovered or if he played in the playoffs still hurt.
justaBoss, Saskleaf and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 7:01 a.m.
Edited Mar. 20, 2022 at 7:07 a.m.
In reality, lehky is worth 2nd + 3rd, but with him being an rfa, and with the market going up for these players, and the that hughes loves him, and with all the rumors saying Habs atleast want a 1st in the package, it's fair to say Habs only trade lehky for 1st + 3rd. Therefore bourgault + 3rd makes sense. Not saying oilers should or woidl do it, but habs need to get this in exchange in order for them to trade lehkonen. Once again. 2nd + 3rd is fair, but 2nd should be switched to 1st if Habs deal him. He's more valuable to the habs than taking a flyer on a couple of picks. If I was another team, woudl I acquire lehkonen for 1st + 3rd? Absolutely not. If I was the habs, would I trade lehkonen for 2nd + 3rd? Absolutely not. Therfore, it matters if the other team values lehkonen more than 1st + 3rd, because habs value him more than 2nd + 3rd, and it's clear. Therefore, either a team steps up, or we keep him. And I wouldn't be disappointed if we keep him, and I understand if teams wouldn't want to pay our asking price. And other teams should understand our hesitant to trade him for their thinking of what is fair value. Everyone has to look at it from both sides.

I hope that was understandable.

Edit: and I'd like all my Lehkonen trade value critics to read this and understand this.
capsfan2121 alfie11 juiceman

So you contradicted yourself about 5 times in that paragraph, what’s the point of proposing a deal if you know other teams don’t accept, all it does is create flames, also, if you know you have to look at both sides of an offer, why don’t you do it before proposing values that are unrealistic because He’S nOt BeInG mOvEd unless a 1st and 3rd. A realistic middle is Habs get a 1st for Lehky since I can see teams paying that for him and it’s more than his fair value

Habs.
Lundqvist + Lafrenière for 1st 2022 Habs + Lehkonen
Who says no?

Rangers say no, Lafreniere is worth more than a top 3 pick and Lundkvist and Lehkonen have similar value, there’s no reason for us to go and get Laf other than he’s French too
Mar. 20, 2022 at 8:07 a.m.
Went through a whole 50 pages in under two days 😶😶

Click here for thread #22
Saskleaf, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll