Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Also you guys can actuly guess my age I won't infract you for it lol

41 ?
Didn't see correct answer yet
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: aadoyle
Nah Tampa be the Favourite

They got 2 time champ Vasilevskiy. Who in every key game has shutout his opponent

Meanwhile Kuemper barely has recent playoff experience, Bob is not great in the post season, and Freddie.... Well lets just say hes the opposite of Vas in key games

Plus they got the majority of the guys they used to help get those 2 previous cups minus the 3rd line. Also got ace Perry who was is a post-season warrior

What more can you ask for.

Wonder what Cinderella team will show up to challenge them this year. Going with Nashville

I hope and pray that this is true.

But man, Florida looks scary, especially now that they've got Giroux and Chiarot. It also cannot be overstated how clutch and crucial Gourdowman was in the past 2 years-I seriously don't know, if fact I seriously doubt the Lightning win either Cup without that line. It's going to be harder this year, and I can honestly say that I was FAR more confident last year than I am this year.

But Vasi is the difference maker. No other goalie in the league can match him, and his playoff history is matched only by that of Patrick Roy. But he can't do it alone. Point will need to replicate his otherworldly playoff success of the past 2 years, as will Kuch, Stammer will need to stay healthy, and the Locker Room Legends line (Maroon-Bellemare-Perry) will have to play some clutch minutes. It can be done, but it's going to be harder this year than in years past.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Db1899
What could the isles get for Brock Nelson?

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-03-19-at-5-57-45-PM">

Probably close to what they gave up for Pageau, maybe a little more.
Db1899 liked this.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:45 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
I hope and pray that this is true.

But man, Florida looks scary, especially now that they've got Giroux and Chiarot. It also cannot be overstated how clutch and crucial Gourdowman was in the past 2 years-I seriously don't know, if fact I seriously doubt the Lightning win either Cup without that line. It's going to be harder this year, and I can honestly say that I was FAR more confident last year than I am this year.

But Vasi is the difference maker. No other goalie in the league can match him, and his playoff history is matched only by that of Patrick Roy. But he can't do it alone. Point will need to replicate his otherworldly playoff success of the past 2 years, as will Kuch, Stammer will need to stay healthy, and the Locker Room Legends line (Maroon-Bellemare-Perry) will have to play some clutch minutes. It can be done, but it's going to be harder this year than in years past.

They look scary but Bob remember last series became the #3 by the end and in general other than that one year really isnt a playoff performer. And hoping Knight is the guy nah nah cant have 2 miracles in a row.

I find teams who look scary arent actually the scary ones. Often the underdog comes and kicks their ass lul. Tampa got those 2 deep runs under their belt and are built for playoff hockey. They will be fine.

Only serious competition Colorado or a healthy Vegas.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:46 p.m.
Farewell
They look scary but Bob remember last series became the #3 by the end

True, but he also has been MUCH better this year in the regular season than he was in either of the past two years.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
True, but he also has been MUCH better this year in the regular season than he was in either of the past two years.

Yeah but even so his playoff numbers besides that one year in Columbus aint all that great.

Like hes a good reg season goalie than goes to the post season and bam falls apart. Still remember CBJ vs. WSH where he hurt them bad.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Edited Mar. 20, 2022 at 1:59 a.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I had hopes you'd turn out better than most Habs fans.

Not the first time I've been let down. Won't be the last.

Isn't this post considered "flaming " another fanbase ?
Legitimate question.
Edit: and flaming myself
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:51 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Isn't this post considered "flaming " another fanbase ?
Legitimate question.

No, comments like this are made all the time, it's when you call out people by their user names that the trouble happens (e.g., User101 is a stupid dolt)
aadoyle, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:53 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Nah Tampa be the Favourite

They got 2 time champ Vasilevskiy. Who in every key game has shutout his opponent

Meanwhile Kuemper barely has recent playoff experience, Bob is not great in the post season, and Freddie.... Well lets just say hes the opposite of Vas in key games

Plus they got the majority of the guys they used to help get those 2 previous cups minus the 3rd line. Also got ace Perry who was is a post-season warrior

What more can you ask for.

Wonder what Cinderella team will show up to challenge them this year. Going with Nashville

Shesterkin. I don't know about the rest of the team, but he can certainly challenge them.
Provided Maroon doesn't Kreider him that is.
aadoyle liked this.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:58 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: ricochetii
Shesterkin. I don't know about the rest of the team, but he can certainly challenge them.

I was originally high on the Rangers, but the more I think about it, I don't think they're built for the playoffs. They have an elite PP, but they're a barely average 5-on-5 team, Shesterkin carries them in that regard.
I don't see how they make it past the Canes, be that in Round 1 or Round 2. Carolina is just a flat-out better team.
ricochetii and aadoyle liked this.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I was originally high on the Rangers, but the more I think about it, I don't think they're built for the playoffs. They have an elite PP, but they're a barely average 5-on-5 team, Shesterkin carries them in that regard.
I don't see how they make it past the Canes, be that in Round 1 or Round 2. Carolina is just a flat-out better team.

They just getting their asses carried by him lets be honest. Like if you look at their 5 on 5 offense and defense without him yeah they ****ed lul

Could see him steal a series but I think hes gonna be worn out come the playoffs.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:00 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
No, comments like this are made all the time, it's when you call out people by their user names that the trouble happens (e.g., User101 is a stupid dolt)

Beter is saying that I'm like 1 of those crazy Habs fans. If that's not flaming , I don't know what is.
It states in the rules: FLAMING
Personal attacks on users, groups of people, or fanbases are not permitted. Do not harass, threaten, mock, or insult others. Debates are encouraged, but ad hominem attacks are not (criticize the opinion, not the user).
I was just criticized. Not my opinion.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:08 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: csick
Lindholm is a top pairing Dman tho lol. Lindholm is similar to Provorov

Brodin
Imo
But better all around
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:11 a.m.
Go Habs Go

They just getting their asses carried by him lets be honest. Like if you look at their 5 on 5 offense and defense without him yeah they ****ed lul

Could see him steal a series but I think hes gonna be worn out come the playoffs.

I agree, but don't underestimate how far a hot goaltender can carry a team in the playoffs.
It's been done before and better teams have lost to worse than a NYR - Carolina matchup.

East is going to be tough for anyone, but a goalie can steal 4 undeserved wins against the best of them.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:14 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
OH ****

40MINS LATER THIS IS ANNOUNCED?
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:15 a.m.
Go Habs Go
OH ****

That's quite the thing to get wrong.
aadoyle, A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:16 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Sums it up the best

https://twitter.com/brigstew86/status/1505371844639178753

Like could you imagine this happening in the Stanley cup playoffs...
Speak of the Devil
OH ****

THATS CRAZY

aadoyle, ricochetii and yikes liked this.
Farewell
OH ****

40MINS LATER THIS IS ANNOUNCED?

WOW. I don't even follow collegiate hockey, but that's INSANE
Saskleaf, aadoyle and yikes liked this.
v5 Minnesota GM
Edited Mar. 20, 2022 at 2:04 a.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
You proposed Bourgault and a second. Unless you think that Bourgault is worth a third round pick, I don’t see how this would make sense

In reality, lehky is worth 2nd + 3rd, but with him being an rfa, and with the market going up for these players, and the that hughes loves him, and with all the rumors saying Habs atleast want a 1st in the package, it's fair to say Habs only trade lehky for 1st + 3rd. Therefore bourgault + 3rd makes sense. Not saying oilers should or woidl do it, but habs need to get this in exchange in order for them to trade lehkonen. Once again. 2nd + 3rd is fair, but 2nd should be switched to 1st if Habs deal him. He's more valuable to the habs than taking a flyer on a couple of picks. If I was another team, woudl I acquire lehkonen for 1st + 3rd? Absolutely not. If I was the habs, would I trade lehkonen for 2nd + 3rd? Absolutely not. Therfore, it matters if the other team values lehkonen more than 1st + 3rd, because habs value him more than 2nd + 3rd, and it's clear. Therefore, either a team steps up, or we keep him. And I wouldn't be disappointed if we keep him, and I understand if teams wouldn't want to pay our asking price. And other teams should understand our hesitant to trade him for their thinking of what is fair value. Everyone has to look at it from both sides.

I hope that was understandable.

Edit: and I'd like all my Lehkonen trade value critics to read this and understand this.
@capsfan2121 @alfie11 @juiceman
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
WOW. I don't even follow collegiate hockey, but that's INSANE

Quoting: Devil
THATS CRAZY

Just to update Minnesota did win and this time the goal counted lul. In case you were all wondering.

Wonder how many drunk guys were on the ice lul.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:27 a.m.
Farewell
Just to update Minnesota did win and this time the goal counted lul. In case you were all wondering.

Good, would've been heartbreaking for those guys who were already celebrating to find out that the game-which was already officially OVER-had been reevaluated and overturned, and then to go back on the ice and LOSE?! Glad they won anyways.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:30 a.m.
Go Habs Go

Good, would've been heartbreaking for those guys who were already celebrating to find out that the game-which was already officially OVER-had been reevaluated and overturned, and then to go back on the ice and LOSE?! Glad they won anyways.

I imagine it like this:

yikes liked this.
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:38 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
In reality, lehky is worth 2nd + 3rd, but with him being an rfa, and with the market going up for these players, and the that hughes loves him, and with all the rumors saying Habs atleast want a 1st in the package, it's fair to say Habs only trade lehky for 1st + 3rd. Therefore bourgault + 3rd makes sense. Not saying oilers should or woidl do it, but habs need to get this in exchange in order for them to trade lehkonen. Once again. 2nd + 3rd is fair, but 2nd should be switched to 1st if Habs deal him. He's more valuable to the habs than taking a flyer on a couple of picks. If I was another team, woudl I acquire lehkonen for 1st + 3rd? Absolutely not. If I was the habs, would I trade lehkonen for 2nd + 3rd? Absolutely not. Therfore, it matters if the other team values lehkonen more than 1st + 3rd, because habs value him more than 2nd + 3rd, and it's clear. Therefore, either a team steps up, or we keep him. And I wouldn't be disappointed if we keep him, and I understand if teams wouldn't want to pay our asking price. Everyone has to look at it from both sides.

I hope that was understandable.

Edit: and I'd like all my Lehkonen trade value critics to read this and understand this.
capsfan2121 alfie11 juiceman

@BeterChiarelli @justaboss
Mar. 20, 2022 at 12:40 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: csick
Moore is a cap dump , let’s say he costs a 2nd to dump.
Chiarot went for a 1st
Lindholm is Vaak + 1st and 2nd

Lindholm is way better than Chiarot. So it’s really not that much more

Imo
Lindholm went for 1st + 2nd + 3rd + 5th
Chiarot went for 1st + 3rd + 4th
Not much of a difference

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll