Forums/Armchair-GM

Non hawks fan

Created by: JTrades
Team: 2022-23 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 30, 2022
Published: Nov. 30, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think they should do everything they can to move Toews as well but I think he stays.

Not a Hawks fan so tell me what you think. I don't claim to know much about the blackhawks
Trades
CHI
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony
  2. Räty, Aatu
  3. 2023 1st round pick (NYI)
  4. 2023 2nd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
This is a lot but I think this is going to be close to what it takes. Kane is in complete control and I don't see how the Rangers fit him in
NYI
  1. Kane, Patrick ($5,250,000 retained)
CHI
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (MIN)
  2. 2023 4th round pick (MIN)
CHI
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (FLA)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$69,276,379$237,500$0$13,223,621
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$758,333$758,333
LW
RFA - 2
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$758,333$758,333
RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 8
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$883,750$883,750
G
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
Banned
Minnesota isn't paying for max domi. He's a cancer and not that good which is why he was forced to sign with Chicago. He's not playing in Minnesota
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: GFabrix
Minnesota isn't paying for max domi. He's a cancer and not that good which is why he was forced to sign with Chicago. He's not playing in Minnesota

I've never heard that he is a cancer before. He has bounced around a lot though. What makes you think that?
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:28 a.m.

Might be the worst take on Domi i've ever heard. He is not a "cancer". Also, he wasn't "forced to sign with CHI". He CHOSE to approach CHI when he heard they hired Richardson as their new head coach, and CHI signed him to essentially be TDL trade bait.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
islanders dont do that. Take out Raty and maybe, but it j doesnt rly make sense. We need more of a forward u30 with control, preferably u28. Kane is a rental
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
Aatu is the cornerstone of an already weak Islanders prospect pool. Only way I see him getting moved is for someone younger/with term. If that means the Isles don’t get Kaner, it means the Isles don’t get Kaner.

I will agree that Kane to NYR makes zero sense, they need defensive depth and grit more than they need another fast moving scorer. The Isles are a much better fit in terms of what each team needs, but I doubt it happens because the Hawks are going to want a king’s ransom. I’m not sure the Isles can or should overpay for a guy on an expiring deal given how few future assets they have.

But for the heck of it, this would be my counteroffer:

NYI gets: Patrick Kane, who signs a three year deal immediately after the trade
CHI gets: 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, Ruslan Iskhakov, Anthony Beauvillier

If that‘s not enough, the Hawks can find another partner.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: oliver_wahlstrom
islanders dont do that. Take out Raty and maybe, but it j doesnt rly make sense. We need more of a forward u30 with control, preferably u28. Kane is a rental

Kane also doesn’t fix the isles problems , giving up a 2023 alone would be a fireable Offense
Nov. 30, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
I'd say toews is more likely to move than Kane. Toews is the one that's spoken out against the rebuild. Kane just started a family in chicago and has only ever talked about being traded right after debrincat was shockingly traded. I still think there's a good 70% chance Kane stays in chicago.

Also raty and the 23' first should be enough to get Kane. If they need to dump some cap then add a 2nd but I wouldn't consider beauvillier a cap dump.
I'd take out the 2nd and maybe add a 3rd going back to the islanders
Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Garak
Might be the worst take on Domi i've ever heard. He is not a "cancer". Also, he wasn't "forced to sign with CHI". He CHOSE to approach CHI when he heard they hired Richardson as their new head coach, and CHI signed him to essentially be TDL trade bait.

Literally Carolina kicked him to the curves. So did Columbus. So no, domi iis absolutely a cancer. It's not a bad take. He also doesn't play defense and think he's a top 4c. Minnesota isn't going to want him
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:10 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JTrades
I've never heard that he is a cancer before. He has bounced around a lot though. What makes you think that?

He's the same player when he was in Montreal that came out and said he should be playing in top 4c. He was angry, so Montreal traded him to Columbus. In Columbus he was playing in bottom line winger because certain coaches will not play you in top 6 when you aren't a two way player. Look at the contract he signed with Chicago
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
Literally Carolina kicked him to the curves. So did Columbus. So no, domi iis absolutely a cancer. It's not a bad take. He also doesn't play defense and think he's a top 4c. Minnesota isn't going to want him

I'm not trying to convince you or MIN to take him, but you are are pretty much entirely wrong. Columbus was a bottom feeder team and a seller at the TDL, and they essentially got a 3rd round pick for him as a bottom 6 floater. Carolina got him specifically as a playoff rental and nothing more, and they had A TON of cap casualties after last season. Neither team "kicked him to the CURB (not curves)". He is not a cancer. By all accounts he is a hard worker, a team player, defends his teammates, and teams love him in the locker room. Also, this narrative going around that "he doesn't play defense" is wrong. He is currently in CHI to play a top 6 offensive role, though. He is by no means a defensive dynamo, but even so, I have seen him make great defensive plays on a nightly basis and show a lot of hustle to get back and defend when required.
ChiHawk, Hawksguy81, Islesforthecup and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
I'd say toews is more likely to move than Kane. Toews is the one that's spoken out against the rebuild. Kane just started a family in chicago and has only ever talked about being traded right after debrincat was shockingly traded. I still think there's a good 70% chance Kane stays in chicago.

Also raty and the 23' first should be enough to get Kane. If they need to dump some cap then add a 2nd but I wouldn't consider beauvillier a cap dump.
I'd take out the 2nd and maybe add a 3rd going back to the islanders

Kane also just bought a massive house in Lake Forest which is interesting and suggests he wants to build his family there. I could see Kane waiving as a rental and resigning in Chicago in the offseason as a likely scenario. In which case, the return will be lower but the Hawks have nothing to lose if Kane privately says I'm coming back in the summer.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
Quoting: Garak
I'm not trying to convince you or MIN to take him, but you are are pretty much entirely wrong. Columbus was a bottom feeder team and a seller at the TDL, and they essentially got a 3rd round pick for him as a bottom 6 floater. Carolina got him specifically as a playoff rental and nothing more, and they had A TON of cap casualties after last season. Neither team "kicked him to the CURB (not curves)". He is not a cancer. By all accounts he is a hard worker, a team player, defends his teammates, and teams love him in the locker room. Also, this narrative going around that "he doesn't play defense" is wrong. He is currently in CHI to play a top 6 offensive role, though. He is by no means a defensive dynamo, but even so, I have seen him make great defensive plays on a nightly basis and show a lot of hustle to get back and defend when required.

Yeah, there is this old narrative on this website about Domi being terrible defensively and not wanting to play defense. I don't see it one bit. While he's not great defensively, he certainly is playing defense and playing the right way including 200ft of ice. He's also gritty, where some users talk about him being soft....again, I don't see and frankly never have. The defense one I get early in his career, but just not the case now.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Kane also just bought a massive house in Lake Forest which is interesting and suggests he wants to build his family there. I could see Kane waiving as a rental and resigning in Chicago in the offseason as a likely scenario. In which case, the return will be lower but the Hawks have nothing to lose if Kane privately says I'm coming back in the summer.

Yeah. Which also makes me wonder if, as a rental knowing he might be coming back, Davidson might not strong arm teams too much. He doesn't really seem like the strong arm type to begin with. So I could see CHI getting less than what people on here think they will, but I could also see them just as easily getting more if the circumstances are right. Either way, adding assets and finishing the tank are positives for the rebuild.
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:50 a.m.
Quoting: Hawkisles
Aatu is the cornerstone of an already weak Islanders prospect pool. Only way I see him getting moved is for someone younger/with term. If that means the Isles don’t get Kaner, it means the Isles don’t get Kaner.

I will agree that Kane to NYR makes zero sense, they need defensive depth and grit more than they need another fast moving scorer. The Isles are a much better fit in terms of what each team needs, but I doubt it happens because the Hawks are going to want a king’s ransom. I’m not sure the Isles can or should overpay for a guy on an expiring deal given how few future assets they have.

But for the heck of it, this would be my counteroffer:

NYI gets: Patrick Kane, who signs a three year deal immediately after the trade
CHI gets: 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, Ruslan Iskhakov, Anthony Beauvillier

If that‘s not enough, the Hawks can find another partner.

As a Hawks fan, totally agree w/ your take on Raty. No way he's part of a Kane trade. The package you proposed is a very fair, very solid offer. Hawks would be foolish not to accept that if offered.
Hawkisles and ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:54 a.m.
Quoting: Hawksguy81
As a Hawks fan, totally agree w/ your take on Raty. No way he's part of a Kane trade. The package you proposed is a very fair, very solid offer. Hawks would be foolish not to accept that if offered.

Only problem is, I don't see Kane agreeing to an extension. I think no matter what happens, he's back in a Hawks sweater next season or 2 seasons from now.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 10:59 a.m.
Only problem is, I don't see Kane agreeing to an extension. I think no matter what happens, he's back in a Hawks sweater next season or 2 seasons from now.

That would be frigg'in awesome!!
Nov. 30, 2022 at 11:15 a.m.
Since Kane controls the process with his NMC, I'd look at what Philly got for Giroux last year as a comparable to what Chicago can expect in return if they move him - something along the lines of a 1st, a 3rd, and a young roster player with potential (I don't know anything about them, but assuming the two "prospects" Philly sent to Florida with Giroux are just warm bodies with no real value).
Nov. 30, 2022 at 11:32 a.m.
Quoting: tm0000
Since Kane controls the process with his NMC, I'd look at what Philly got for Giroux last year as a comparable to what Chicago can expect in return if they move him - something along the lines of a 1st, a 3rd, and a young roster player with potential (I don't know anything about them, but assuming the two "prospects" Philly sent to Florida with Giroux are just warm bodies with no real value).

Owen Tippett was also included, former 7th OA pick, only 22 years old at the time of the trade
SociallyHawkward liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.
Owen Tippett was also included, former 7th OA pick, only 22 years old at the time of the trade

Kane is definitely a rental . . . maybe there's some circumstance where he agrees to be traded to, say, the Rangers, and then they get into a lot of discussion about long-term. But that's a long shot. I think he is traded as a rental. AND he's a pretty valuable one at that. So, yeah, the Giroux trade is a decent comp. One thing about the return: Davidson has been focused on obtaining draft capital in all these deals, and with the quality of the 2023 draft, that will be no different. I think he is much more likely to ask for 2 firsts for Kane. The Rangers would be the front-runners, since they actually have 2 in this draft.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 12:16 p.m.
we miss leo k

yeah but he was just a "throw-in", right? cool
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 12:19 p.m.
Quoting: sound_arguments
Kane is definitely a rental . . . maybe there's some circumstance where he agrees to be traded to, say, the Rangers, and then they get into a lot of discussion about long-term. But that's a long shot. I think he is traded as a rental. AND he's a pretty valuable one at that. So, yeah, the Giroux trade is a decent comp. One thing about the return: Davidson has been focused on obtaining draft capital in all these deals, and with the quality of the 2023 draft, that will be no different. I think he is much more likely to ask for 2 firsts for Kane. The Rangers would be the front-runners, since they actually have 2 in this draft.

Yes he's a rental and just bought a big house in Lake Forest (Chicago burb), so I don't think Kane has any intention of going to another team for long term. Maybe he doesn't even waive for the playoffs as a rental...50/50 shot IMO.

I'm pretty sure Davidson would have no problems accepting (2) 1sts or a 1st and a very good under 22 year old prospect. You don't want too many prospects that end up in the NHL in the same draft year anyway, that leads to a potentially very difficult cap situation if all of their ELCs end at the same time 3 years down the road upon turning pro. Development times vary of course, but getting (2) 1st round 2023 draft picks in addition to the 2 that the Hawks already own, leads to 4 players that could activate their ELCs at the same time and thus expire at the same time....not to mention 2nd, or 3rd rounders that turn into a NHL player. For this reason, logistically it makes sense to acquire a player on a ELC already versus another late 1st round pick; not to mention more is known about that player then a kid entering the draft in 2023.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 12:19 p.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
yeah but he was just a "throw-in", right? cool

laugh
Nov. 30, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.

I said "young roster player with potential". Who did you think I meant?
Nov. 30, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.

Giroux is a good comparable but Kane is also better than giroux so the return for giroux should be the absolute lowest return the hawks get for Kane.
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 30, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
I said "young roster player with potential". Who did you think I meant?

Not sure which is why I made mention of it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll