1$850,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. Kidney, Riley
  3. Mailloux, Logan
  4. 2023 1st round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Jets get Dvorak as a temporary replacement as the 2c, a young c prospect to come up through the system, a rhd prospect which fits a organizational need but risks of eligibility in nhl currently and a 2023 first around 16th ovr
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
  2. Gawanke, Leon [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Habs get Dubois this draft and sign him long term to a more affordable deal than as a ufa and ensure they 100% get him. Doesn't leave anything to chance on him changing his mind or teams overpaying to woo him away. Also get a rhd in gawanke who could provide good rhd depth in laval who is still young (not the greatest rhd but helps with rhd in the system)
WPG
  1. Newhook, Alex [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Jets get a struggling forward that has upside but can't seem to find a way to stay consistent
COL
  1. Scheifele, Mark ($3,062,500 retained)
Additional Details:
Colorado gets a damn good c to play behind mack and could spread out the offense more with landy on his wing. Pick is also top 10 protected but since it's most likely a trade at the deadline or near should be a pretty good chance they'll be 1st in the central
WPG
  1. Zadina, Filip
Additional Details:
Jets take a risk on zadina as wheeler can't really return much so they go with a guy that desperately needs a change of scenery and the opportunity to succeed under a new team.
DET
  1. Johannesson, Anton [Reserve List]
  2. Wheeler, Blake ($4,125,000 retained)
Additional Details:
*5 team trade list accepts trade I'm this scenario
Detroit gets a rw with lots of experience and for what he brings offensively can still be a good source of offense. Can also retain again and get a increased return for a team he'd go to as the cap would only be 2.075m which more teams can afford. Also get a lhd in johannesson who has done well in the 3rd teir Swedish league and could be a guy to develop in the system as a offensive contributor.
WPG
  1. Brennan, Tyler [Reserve List]
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
Jets trade out nino who has been nothing but great for the jets so far but if this scenario is a reality makes sense to recoup the cost. Throw in Brennan as a local guy and to create a battle with DiVincentiis for which guy emerges as a guy the jets can rely om in the future.
NJD
  1. Niederreiter, Nino
Additional Details:
Nj gets a guy to replace Tatar and can be a great middle six option that is physical and a good forechecker while being good net front and secondary pp duty.
WPG
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (SEA)
Additional Details:
This one Hurts as I really like Dillon but to create a team that is built for the future he is aged out and get back a 2nd for him
SEA
  1. Blaisdell, Harrison [Reserve List]
  2. Dillon, Brenden
Additional Details:
Seattle gets what they lost in soucy and a prospect that has to be signed by Aug 15 but would give them more depth in the system
WPG
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (VAN)
  2. 2024 7th round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Jets get some picks for an asset that really has fallen out a place from injuries to just being the 7th dman
VAN
  1. Stanley, Logan
Additional Details:
Vancouver get a massive dman that is young and can still improve on where he is now and doesn't cost too much for what gains he could bring
WPG
  1. Kisakov, Alexander
  2. 2024 6th round pick (BUF)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Jets get equivalent of 2nds and a 6th for pionk which would allow Chisholm to get some minute and get a better draft position
BUF
  1. Pionk, Neal
Additional Details:
Buffalo starts to make improvements to their team with a partner for power or dahlin with a physical touch and good for pk 2 and pp 2 duties.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$65,845,358$0$1,357,500$17,654,642
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$836,667$836,667 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Meh, don't want Wheeler...
Jfstompers liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
Meh, don't really want Wheeler. Pass.

You can easily flip him for more than what you pay for him and if he plays good could be a valuable asset for a playoff push if they are competitive. May not be Detroit but point remains the same where the team getting him fan use for different ways (competing or flipping him)
Jfstompers liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:27 p.m.

I would take him. Maybe not in this exact deal but he's a right shot power forward with size that can play centre. With the retention is a nice addition.
aedoran and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
I would like Wheeler, he's actually one of the players I would want to target this offseason for cheap. Don't need Johannesson though. Switch him for Rashevsky and I would say it's better for the wings.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:44 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
I would like Wheeler, he's actually one of the players I would want to target this offseason for cheap. Don't need Johannesson though. Switch him for Rashevsky and I would say it's better for the wings.

rashevsky is a no go on that front as he's the most valuable asset in the deal maybe add the Vancouver 6th from the stanley deal but then is that better than the player in johannesson? idk
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:48 p.m.
I would take him. Maybe not in this exact deal but he's a right shot power forward with size that can play centre. With the retention is a nice addition.

Jets would take a pick or something for him. zedina as it seems like value is quite low and would really benefit from a change of scenery. In this agm he's first line rw and probably 2nd pp which would be great for boosting his confidence with the trust in him. he's the main guy that I would look for in a detroit deal tbh and I feel it helps both teams and both players move on from a situation that puts them under a negative light
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:50 p.m.
Pop Pop
Oh Detroit takes that in an instant. Even if it's just to retain more and flip him at any point after.
DeadWingsv2, ricochetii and Tintin liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:51 p.m.
Pop Pop

You take him for that price though, even just to flip him you get more than anything Zadina would get you.
DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Quoting: Howie
rashevsky is a no go on that front as he's the most valuable asset in the deal maybe add the Vancouver 6th from the stanley deal but then is that better than the player in johannesson? idk

I was hoping you wouldn't realize how good he was and just threw him in as a player drafted in a similar position.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Avs probably accept if its earlier in the season. Tdl is too late for him to adjust to the Avs culture and system. Also as he adjusts to the Mack diet, he'll be stuck on the throne for a good bit.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
I have no problem moving Zadina but I'm not sure Yzerman or Cheveldayoff would make this trade. Detroit has more LHD prospects than they know what to do with and Johannesson is 5'9" so he hold very little value to a GM who likes big defenseman. I also don't see Cheveldayoff retaining that much to dump Wheeler when he is in the final season his contract. Holding on to him until the 2024 TDL and you can get for more than Zadina for him without adding any prospects.
Windjammer liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
I was hoping you wouldn't realize how good he was and just threw him in as a player drafted in a similar position.

Nah man I know our prospects and what he has done since being drafted has been great defiantly more valuable than wheeler right now and could be a great middle six winger in the future. You can have johanesson or any one of our 2023 expiring draftees (Moe, Blaisdell, neaton, wong) or maybe someone like Bongiovanni/Reichel. just isn't as much of a gap between the 2 with wheeler being better but old, more cap and trade protection than zadina. Throwing in the extra guy is kinda a kind gesture as realistically you could flip him a day later for a return if not equal more due to double retaining and more teams being able to afford him.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
I have no problem moving Zadina but I'm not sure Yzerman or Cheveldayoff would make this trade. Detroit has more LHD prospects than they know what to do with and Johannesson is 5'9" so he hold very little value to a GM who likes big defenseman. I also don't see Cheveldayoff retaining that much to dump Wheeler when he is in the final season his contract. Holding on to him until the 2024 TDL and you can get for more than Zadina for him without adding any prospects.

I don't think wheeler holds as much value as you give him credit as he has a 5 team trade list where he can only go to (26 teams he would be able to block completely unless he waives) and isn't getting any younger being 37 at the start of next year. getting a reclamation project in zadina would be ideal as we get someone who may have more in him than he's given credit for but also could just fizzle out. Maybe make it moe (Wiscouisin starting G and decent stats on not as stacked team) or someone like reichel who could be a good 4th liner/depth option in the future (Could also just be the 6th acquired via Vancouver)
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 4:10 p.m.
do not Devil my ass
I don't see why the price for Nino increases by a goalie prospect equivalent when he's traded as a rental, especially without any retention.
I mean the Jets only had to pay a 2nd for 1.5 years of Nino.
Besides, even though I'm a fan of Nino's game I'd rather the Devils just resign Tatar at a 4m cap hit, he's been stupid good this year.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
Quoting: Tintin
I don't see why the price for Nino increases by a goalie prospect equivalent when he's traded as a rental, especially without any retention.
I mean the Jets only had to pay a 2nd for 1.5 years of Nino.
Besides, even though I'm a fan of Nino's game I'd rather the Devils just resign Tatar at a 4m cap hit, he's been stupid good this year.

I based it on what other similar players would get and also with NJ improving as a team the difference between what the 2024 jets pick and NJ pick could realistically be almost 20 picks depending on jets direction and how far nj goes. to lay out this say the jets finish 24th in the league and NJ is 6th the jets pick would be 41st ovr and NJ would be lowest it could be if teams below them make to conference finals is 55th-64th ovr the difference there is why brennan who realistically is behind schmid and daws so he's more expendable
Mar. 28, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
Representing the 505
Can't see the Avs making that trade for a few months of Scheifele. And Newhook "struggling" has as much to do with it being his 2nd full year in the league and there being lots of injuries as it does with the man himself. He still has plenty of time to figure things out so no need to move on. If he hasn't improved in a few years, maybe then it's time to worry but there are plenty of players who seem to be a bit lost in their early 20's but put it all together by the time they hit 24-25.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
I don't think wheeler holds as much value as you give him credit as he has a 5 team trade list where he can only go to (26 teams he would be able to block completely unless he waives) and isn't getting any younger being 37 at the start of next year. getting a reclamation project in zadina would be ideal as we get someone who may have more in him than he's given credit for but also could just fizzle out. Maybe make it moe (Wiscouisin starting G and decent stats on not as stacked team) or someone like reichel who could be a good 4th liner/depth option in the future (Could also just be the 6th acquired via Vancouver)

When it comes to a TDL trade I think you might be undervaluing him a little and if he has a chance to goto a top contender he might be willing to waive. I'm going to estimate here the TDL is about 3/4 into the season so after you have a 1/4 after. Leaving Wheeler's remaining cap hit at $2.06M with 50% retention it's $1.03M and that is affordable for a player like Wheeler who will be determined to win a cup and still has some gas left in the tank. Since he is a UFA at the end of the season there isn't as much risk if he doesn't fit in. With his age teams at the bottom of the standings are going to be much less likely to give up assets for him but a team with in their cup window are going to be more likely to give up assets for him. Especially in the East where you have teams that are ready to make the playoffs and ready to start competing while at the same some of the the older playoff teams aren't ready to relinquish their spots to a younger team. I don't see that changing in the next year so there will be teams that will do just about anything to gain an advantage.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
When it comes to a TDL trade I think you might be undervaluing him a little and if he has a chance to goto a top contender he might be willing to waive. I'm going to estimate here the TDL is about 3/4 into the season so after you have a 1/4 after. Leaving Wheeler's remaining cap hit at $2.06M with 50% retention it's $1.03M and that is affordable for a player like Wheeler who will be determined to win a cup and still has some gas left in the tank. Since he is a UFA at the end of the season there isn't as much risk if he doesn't fit in. With his age teams at the bottom of the standings are going to be much less likely to give up assets for him but a team with in their cup window are going to be more likely to give up assets for him. Especially in the East where you have teams that are ready to make the playoffs and ready to start competing while at the same some of the the older playoff teams aren't ready to relinquish their spots to a younger team. I don't see that changing in the next year so there will be teams that will do just about anything to gain an advantage.

Okay but that still doesn't change that it's all based on where he wants to play he holds all the cards in a deal basically like kane with limited destinations. What do you think he's worth than because rn I'd say zadina is not a bad bet to take considering his age and most importantly his production could drop significantly which would effectively have 0 value whatsoever as well as injury chance. There's positives and negatives to both so what would you see happening if he's similar production to this season (say 40 points in 56 games at the deadline)?
Mar. 28, 2023 at 11:10 p.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Louder for those in the back: You're not going to sell Niederreiter for more than you paid
Mar. 28, 2023 at 11:20 p.m.
Quoting: pretzelcoatl
Louder for those in the back: You're not going to sell Niederreiter for more than you paid

If you read my previous message you'd understand the context as it's about exactly what he got on the nose "the difference between what the 2024 jets pick and NJ pick could realistically be almost 20 picks depending on jets direction and how far nj goes. to lay out this say the jets finish 24th in the league and NJ is 6th the jets pick would be 41st ovr and NJ would be lowest it could be if teams below them make to conference finals is 55th-64th ovr the difference there is why brennan who realistically is behind schmid and daws so he's more expendable"

The reason is just because it's a second doesn't mean they're all equal if I trade bostons 2nd this year for a player is that player now worth Arizonas 2nd this year? They're both 2nds so they must be equal. Nj will have a later pick and Brennan realistically is behind some young goalies are closer and ahead of him in the depth chart. Teams do draft pick trades with 2nds for earlier 2nds and add like a 4th which Brennan was.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 11:30 p.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
If you read my previous message you'd understand the context as it's about exactly what he got on the nose "the difference between what the 2024 jets pick and NJ pick could realistically be almost 20 picks depending on jets direction and how far nj goes. to lay out this say the jets finish 24th in the league and NJ is 6th the jets pick would be 41st ovr and NJ would be lowest it could be if teams below them make to conference finals is 55th-64th ovr the difference there is why brennan who realistically is behind schmid and daws so he's more expendable"

The reason is just because it's a second doesn't mean they're all equal if I trade bostons 2nd this year for a player is that player now worth Arizonas 2nd this year? They're both 2nds so they must be equal. Nj will have a later pick and Brennan realistically is behind some young goalies are closer and ahead of him in the depth chart. Teams do draft pick trades with 2nds for earlier 2nds and add like a 4th which Brennan was.

He's a UFA next year. Huge difference in price between a year left and a pure rental. Regardless, the Devils aren't interested, seeing as next year their third line wingers will likely be Palat and Tatar.
Mar. 29, 2023 at 12:19 a.m.
Quoting: pretzelcoatl
He's a UFA next year. Huge difference in price between a year left and a pure rental. Regardless, the Devils aren't interested, seeing as next year their third line wingers will likely be Palat and Tatar.

This is assumed that Tatar leaves as he price himself out or wants a increased role or cap hit.
Mar. 29, 2023 at 12:21 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
This is assumed that Tatar leaves as he price himself out or wants a increased role or cap hit.

Then they'll be Palat and Yegor. Meier Bratt Holtz Mercer Palat Yegor Boqvist Bastian
Mar. 29, 2023 at 4:22 p.m.
I'd do this as a Detroit fan. I'd hope to trade wheeler at the deadline to a contender. Seems like a good fit for Vegas, Dallas or Boston.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll