Created by: CFMan
Team: 2023-24 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 28, 2023
Published: Mar. 30, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
-Toews retires.
Kane signs with Sabres or Rangers.
-Dont think Chicago will win the lottery and can think of good reasons for and against why. I believe that Anaheim will leapfrog everyone and land the first overall pushing everyone else down 1, where the Hawks land Carlson or Michkov.
-Stauber/Soderblom split starts in ahl.
-Vlasic and Regula play top minutes for another season in Rockford.
-Davidson makes more Rockford signings to make them semi-competitive.
-Compher fits the Davidson style of speed and dont think Avs have room for him next year. Hes also from Illinois.
-Rangers make the ECF.
-Islanders want to get rid of Bailey and get cap space. (This can be any 2nd round pick from any year)
-LA Kings clear cap with Petersen + Durzi and give Durzi a bigger role somewhere else while also clearing a spot for Brandt Clarke. 4th can be upgraded if Kings fans think its low. Interested in Turcotte but not sure what his value is considering his injuries, production to date, and being a 5th overall pick.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
3$2,000,000
2$900,000
3$900,000
2$850,000
2$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$5,500,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (NYR)
CHI
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (NYI)
NYI
LAK
  1. 2023 4th round pick (CHI)
LAK
    NOT A TRADE. Kings fans what would you want for Turcotte at this point in his career?
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Recapture Fees
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the DAL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$83,000,000$63,397,624$0$537,500$19,602,376

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 5
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,650,000$2,650,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $758,333$758,333
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $758,333$758,333
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,550,000$2M)
    C
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 1:54 p.m.
    What I want for Turcotte at this point in his career is for him to get healthy.

Kings won't entertain selling Turcotte at his lowest value because of health issues (as opposed to if he just wasn't developing due to skill issues).
    tryger, Hawksguy81, CFMan and 2 others liked this.
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 1:56 p.m.
    Quoting: PuckLuck_77
    What I want for Turcotte at this point in his career is for him to get healthy.

Kings won't entertain selling Turcotte at his lowest value because of health issues (as opposed to if he just wasn't developing due to skill issues).

Exactly this, when Turcotte is healthy he starts to trend closer to what we were looking for. Vilardi and Byfield have been waiting games and between those two and Kempe, the Kings brass have proven they will give a wide berth when it comes to prospect development. Turcotte is also very important considering it is unclear if Byfield or Kupari are set to be top-6 centers or not.
    MNKingsFan liked this.
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
    Moose
    Quoting: tryger
    Exactly this, when Turcotte is healthy he starts to trend closer to what we were looking for. Vilardi and Byfield have been waiting games and between those two and Kempe, the Kings brass have proven they will give a wide berth when it comes to prospect development. Turcotte is also very important considering it is unclear if Byfield or Kupari are set to be top-6 centers or not.

I think it’s likely we trade Kupari and/or Anderson-Dolan away to make room for Byfield at 2C or 3C next season. Then we can give Turcotte extended looks at LW or C with the club too. It’s too bad he keeps getting injured, but they still have another season where they don’t need to worry about waivers.
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
    If Hawks sign Compher, the F group looks pretty spot on.

Can't see the Hawks taking on Peterson from LA without getting a pick back along with him. Just not how Davidson operates. And if Hawks did take a player instead of a pick, they'd want a F, not a D. And the return would be F/C, not a 4th. That trade isn't good for Hawks as proposed.

Hawks have Nolan Allen, Ethan DelMastro and Wyatt Kaiser turning pro next season. Those 3 are the left side in Rockford next year. No spot for Vlasic. He'll be in Chicago on 2nd or 3rd pair. Regula may be in Chicago as well on 3rd pair. He is no longer waiver exempt. Galvas and Roos still are waiver exempt and both can play on right side, so at least one of them probably start the year in Rockford. And while I don't agree w/ it, I also think Hawks sign Caleb Jones to another 1 year deal.
    CFMan, exo2769, Garak and 1 other person liked this.
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
    I'm not sure what to make of that Petersen trade. It feels like the 4th is to much and more like Durzi attached to Petersen is close to fair (if anything a 4th should be going to the Hawks). Kings have a lot of options for RHD so Durzi might be more palatable to get away from Peterson's contract (than the usual asks of a first or Turcotte which I can't see them doing). Hawks are a little thin with options at RD (assuming Murphy gets moved at some point and Zaitsev is at best only here for the year remaining on his contract)
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
    Durzi is not enough to take Petersen and CHI wouldn't want him anyway.
    Mar. 30, 2023 at 10:26 p.m.
    exo2769
    Quoting: Garak

I'm changing topics on you, but we need to get Vosters and Sharpie to talking about this passing by Reichel. It's Kaner esk. Reichel passed through all 5 Blue on an AA chance and then than snipe of a pass on the 2nd goal. Neither Voster or Sharpie are talking about it.
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 31, 2023 at 6:38 a.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    I'm changing topics on you, but we need to get Vosters and Sharpie to talking about this passing by Reichel. It's Kaner esk. Reichel passed through all 5 Blue on an AA chance and then than snipe of a pass on the 2nd goal. Neither Voster or Sharpie are talking about it.

Agreed. But I don't think Sharpie has any intention of being a long term solution as color analyst, he is just filling in. Also, if anyone in the front office is actually paying attention, Vosters probably won't last long. So, any constructive criticism right now might be too little too late.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Mar. 31, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
    Number 1 Kahun Fan
    Quoting: Hawksguy81
    If Hawks sign Compher, the F group looks pretty spot on.

Can't see the Hawks taking on Peterson from LA without getting a pick back along with him. Just not how Davidson operates. And if Hawks did take a player instead of a pick, they'd want a F, not a D. And the return would be F/C, not a 4th. That trade isn't good for Hawks as proposed.

Hawks have Nolan Allen, Ethan DelMastro and Wyatt Kaiser turning pro next season. Those 3 are the left side in Rockford next year. No spot for Vlasic. He'll be in Chicago on 2nd or 3rd pair. Regula may be in Chicago as well on 3rd pair. He is no longer waiver exempt. Galvas and Roos still are waiver exempt and both can play on right side, so at least one of them probably start the year in Rockford. And while I don't agree w/ it, I also think Hawks sign Caleb Jones to another 1 year deal.

With the Petersen trade, I wasnt sure how high Kings fan were on him and Im personally a fan of him so I wasnt quite sure where to gauge his value. I originally had it as you said Durzi + Petersen for FC.

With Vlasic, hes been great but dont want to rush him along. Phillips has shown hes ready, and galvas should be given a shot as well. I would not like Jones back, and I dont think they will sign him since getting both Jones' was a Bowman move and Davidson seems intent on tearing down what Bowman has done.
    Hawksguy81 liked this.
    Mar. 31, 2023 at 3:58 p.m.
    Number 1 Kahun Fan

Right now hes probably worth slightly below 2 seconds which is what Petersen cost is around, I think he will get better.
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 31, 2023 at 4:09 p.m.
    we miss leo k
    here's the hierarchy of Josh Bailey options this summer:

1 - Shop him at 50% retention, see if someone throws a lottery ticket pick/prospect back for him.
    2 - Buy him out - saves $2.33M this season with a $1.17M penalty in '24-25
    3 - Play him, I guess?
    4 - Get hit by a bus
    5 - Sacrifice a pick or a prospect to get him off your books.
    Apr. 1, 2023 at 7:46 a.m.
    Quoting: CFMan
    Right now hes probably worth slightly below 2 seconds which is what Petersen cost is around, I think he will get better.

Durzi may or may not be worth that much, but I doubt CHI is interested in a right shot offensive defenseman that is already an NHL level roster player when we already have Jones, Murphy, Zaitsev, Mitchell (who will probably be gone soon), and Regula. Also, Two 2nd round picks is not enough to dump Petersen. Maybe AFTER his $4M bonus is paid, but including a 2023 draft pick leads me to believe this is before bonuses are paid.
    Apr. 2, 2023 at 12:48 a.m.
    Number 1 Kahun Fan
    Durzi may or may not be worth that much, but I doubt CHI is interested in a right shot offensive defenseman that is already an NHL level roster player when we already have Jones, Murphy, Zaitsev, Mitchell (who will probably be gone soon), and Regula. Also, Two 2nd round picks is not enough to dump Petersen. Maybe AFTER his $4M bonus is paid, but including a 2023 draft pick leads me to believe this is before bonuses are paid.

It would be nice to have a dedicate puck mover that isnt Caleb Jones. Seth is a slightly above average puck mover but more of a minutes eater defender. Murphy is all defense, Regula still needs another year in the A, and I agree that the Mitchell experiment is likely over. Zaitsev is pretty awful and is more helpful as dead cap with a buyout. By the time the Hawks are ready to be competitive in 5ish years, 1 vet will be north of 30 (Jones) and the other will most likely be gone or start to decline due to age (Murphy), Durzi would be entering his late 20s which is still his prime. We can sign X free agent when the time to compete come but its better to have a guy build himself up over the years from within our own system imo. But I appreciate the feedback, I will tinker more.
    Garak liked this.
    Apr. 2, 2023 at 7:40 a.m.
    Very thought provoking with the Durzi acquisition. If it were to happen, I have to say I wouldn't be upset. Helps us get to the floor and gives us a valuable asset moving forward in Durzi who is under cap control with RFA status. It is a type of move we've yet to see from KD but he has at the very least mentioned that we 'may' not use all our draft capital in the future...
    Garak liked this.
    Apr. 2, 2023 at 7:57 a.m.
    Quoting: CFMan
    It would be nice to have a dedicate puck mover that isnt Caleb Jones. Seth is a slightly above average puck mover but more of a minutes eater defender. Murphy is all defense, Regula still needs another year in the A, and I agree that the Mitchell experiment is likely over. Zaitsev is pretty awful and is more helpful as dead cap with a buyout. By the time the Hawks are ready to be competitive in 5ish years, 1 vet will be north of 30 (Jones) and the other will most likely be gone or start to decline due to age (Murphy), Durzi would be entering his late 20s which is still his prime. We can sign X free agent when the time to compete come but its better to have a guy build himself up over the years from within our own system imo. But I appreciate the feedback, I will tinker more.

For sure. I guess I just don't like the idea of acquiring any new NHL level, top 4 caliber, RHD unless one or both of Jones and Murphy are traded. Especially one whose defensive game is lacking so heavily. But I get the allure.
    CFMan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll