Forums/Armchair-GM

Golf Leafs Golf

Created by: Andy_Dick
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 14, 2023
Published: Apr. 14, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Florida pick, lets be clear, I do NOT want to give it up. 17th overall is one hell of an asset in this draft that after the first 6 which i think are elite and between 7-22 has some real gems that could be very good nhl'rs.

Most likely, Danielson or Leonard will be available there and both can be as good as PLD or better. But I know that if this trade is done for PLD its cause Hughes really does want him and will give Chevy what he wants as opposed to waiting a year. And, just from hearing ppl talk, many wont have the patience in Montreal for another tanking season. This trade is more about the Montreal market going cold than anything. Bedard hype is selling ppl for now but if they dont win one of the lotteries i feel like Hughes is going to feel a ton of pressure to move into PLD but for other ppl to think he'll give up an asset as worthwhile as PLD plus plus are delusional. Hughes wont be made to look like a fool either. Its a slippery slope either way. Chevy needs something significant and Hughes wants to make this move but if the Jets overplay their hands and get greedy like a few Jets fans here cough turdboy cough Hughes will simply tell Chevy to buzz off and tell him they'll sign him for free! This is the old boys club remember. These guys aren't trying to win trades, they wont embarrass each other just cause some fans here are tribal lunatics.

These two will do whats smart for business
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,500,000
8$7,750,000
1$1,000,000
2$900,000
1$1,750,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Benson, Zach
1$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Barron, Morgan [RFA Rights]
  2. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. Heineman, Emil
  3. 2023 1st round pick (FLA)
MTL
    Draft Zach Benson 6th overall, projected as a top line play driver. Tenacious despite his size, creative, dogged player.44% at drafting 6th which is the highest odds of any draft position
    WPG
    1. 2023 1st round pick (MTL)
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,500,000$70,514,999$1,170,000$4,832,500$12,985,001
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 8
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 7
    $7,750,000$7,750,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $3,362,500$3,362,500
    C, RW
    RFA - 3
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 2
    $885,000$885,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
    C
    RFA - 3
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$557,500$558K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 2
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $1,925,000$1,925,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $828,333$828,333
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $766,667$766,667
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 1:37 p.m.
    a 1st and a mid tier prospect always seemed fair.
    Andy_Dick liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
    Tabarnak
    I wouldn't give the 17th either. We're rebuilding and any 1st round asset is gold.
    Also, I don't think there is much pressure on Hughes to move and upgrade the roster from outside this off-season. Most people I know just want to see progression from the young guys, see how they play at pro level.
    Andy_Dick liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Blasphem_Guy
    I wouldn't give the 17th either. We're rebuilding and any 1st round asset is gold.
    Also, I don't think there is much pressure on Hughes to move and upgrade the roster from outside this off-season. Most people I know just want to see progression from the young guys, see how they play at pro level.

The Mtl media is still insane.I'll always remember that Sergachev for Drouin trade. Don't underestimate the hype machine. If they dont win a lottery, things may get looney
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 1:54 p.m.
    Why are the Jets adding Barron?
    Rooney liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Jets33
    Why are the Jets adding Barron?

Mostly, cause I get a kick out of fans overanalyzing the most insignificant assets of a trade. Heineman has a much better potential that fits the jets on the wing
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
    Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
    The Mtl media is still insane.I'll always remember that Sergachev for Drouin trade. Don't underestimate the hype machine. If they dont win a lottery, things may get looney

If anything thats proof on why they SHOULDNT do it.

You see from the media already and people on this site making PLD out to be something he isnt. Hes not a dominant 2 way physical ppg centre.

He will never live up to those expectations.

AND at 17th overall its not out of the question that 3 years from now that player is better than PLD. Part of the hate drouin got was because sergachev ended up being better.

Atleast if he comes as a free agent all that baggage isnt there and the "they only traded for him because hes french" narrative doesnt occur
    Blasphem_Guy and Andy_Dick liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:25 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    You are really going to hate life when they beat Boston
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:33 p.m.
    I don't see the reason for mtl to add barron when you put him on the bench just seems like extra like you said to ruffle feathers. Heineman is okay but again we're trading out a center so a center prospect would be preferred like beck. I know you have a stance that's very conservative but again we don't know what Dubois will get and could change with how he does in playoffs as well. I think its a bit premature to label his value at this when there's no evidence to support the conclusion besides personal views. Let's wait until after the draft lottery to see if mtl wins it and if not we should have a better idea before the draft this year
    Andy_Dick and Jets33 liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
    Quoting: Boltsradynasty
    You are really going to hate life when they beat Boston

LMAO, Florida is not beating Boston (as much as I would love to see the Bruins choke), Boston won't make the SCF and may not make the ECF but my guess is they sweep Florida.
    Andy_Dick liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Quoting: Campabee
    LMAO, Florida is not beating Boston (as much as I would love to see the Bruins choke), Boston won't make the SCF and may not make the ECF but my guess is they sweep Florida.

Everyone said the same thing about the 18/19 Lightning no chance TB loses to CBJ. They sweep
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:44 p.m.
    Banned

I mean Craig Button tried his best to jinx the team much like the Leafs, saying Florida wont win a game. Speaking of which the Cats have to beat the Bruins and Leafs/TB winner for it not to be 17th overall.
    Hilarious how there is always someone that comes out with the lowest possibility as a deterrent to a deal.
    Campabee liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
    Everyone said the same thing about the 18/19 Lightning no chance TB loses to CBJ. They sweep

I get that and I know Florida was on a tear leading up to the playoffs but I just feel Boston has the better team
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    I get that and I know Florida was on a tear leading up to the playoffs but I just feel Boston has the better team

Lot of unproven come playoff time. Does Ullmark play the same in the playoffs, I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry Boston the clock is striking 12 the coach is a pumpkin again.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 4:09 p.m.
    Flo beating boston with lyons in nets?? Their goaltending is shaky and boston has no weaknesses none... depth everywhere and 2 good goalies... they have more depth then TB did when they lost to columbus and Remember the bruins play playoff style hockey... Now dont get me wrong i hate the bruins... habs fan here... but i respect them and the team they have built. In my playoff pool tomorrow i will go after edm or bos players first.. best chances to be in the final and ekholm was the missing piece for the oilers as long as their goalies play well.

of course mtl should wait on dubois but they would trade without the extension... hughes is too smart for that
    Andy_Dick liked this.
    Apr. 14, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
    Mostly, cause I get a kick out of fans overanalyzing the most insignificant assets of a trade. Heineman has a much better potential that fits the jets on the wing

Montreal fans please listen... The jets aren't talking anyone back that will be making far for cash in the next 2 yrs when their cap hit. The jets will not be paying Dvorak 11.5mil dollars in cash the next 2 season. Full stop not happening.
    Apr. 15, 2023 at 7:02 a.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Edited Apr. 15, 2023 at 7:08 a.m.
    Quoting: danielcoe
    Flo beating boston with lyons in nets?? Their goaltending is shaky and boston has no weaknesses none... depth everywhere and 2 good goalies... they have more depth then TB did when they lost to columbus and Remember the bruins play playoff style hockey... Now dont get me wrong i hate the bruins... habs fan here... but i respect them and the team they have built. In my playoff pool tomorrow i will go after edm or bos players first.. best chances to be in the final and ekholm was the missing piece for the oilers as long as their goalies play well.

of course mtl should wait on dubois but they would trade without the extension... hughes is too smart for that

What has Linus Ullmark or Jeremy Swayman done in the playoffs? No Boston isn't deeper than the 18/19 Bolts. 18/19 TBL were to deep everywhere had great goaltending best coach in the game what happened. 96 Red wings loaded everywhere maybe the best coach ever . What happened Florida last year Boston bows out round 2 latest
    Apr. 15, 2023 at 9:45 a.m.
    What has Linus Ullmark or Jeremy Swayman done in the playoffs? No Boston isn't deeper than the 18/19 Bolts. 18/19 TBL were to deep everywhere had great goaltending best coach in the game what happened. 96 Red wings loaded everywhere maybe the best coach ever . What happened Florida last year Boston bows out round 2 latest

the only thing i can see hurting boston is the health of bergeron and krejci due their ages and history.. that is the only weakness.. Their defense is top notch and i think as good as carolina... got two young hot goalies in case one falters and your third line looks like other teams second line
    Apr. 15, 2023 at 10:41 a.m.
    There's no logical or rational reason, no matter how much Montreal fans fantasize about it, for Winnipeg to expect less than Horvat for as a rental. If they don't want to pay, PLD goes elsewhere.
    Apr. 15, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    the only thing i can see hurting boston is the health of bergeron and krejci due their ages and history.. that is the only weakness.. Their defense is top notch and i think as good as carolina... got two young hot goalies in case one falters and your third line looks like other teams second line

Guess we'll see in about 2.5 weeks
    danielcoe liked this.
    Apr. 15, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    Habs fans overrating their prospects as per usual
    Windjammer liked this.
    Apr. 16, 2023 at 11:34 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Boojets
    Montreal fans please listen... The jets aren't talking anyone back that will be making far for cash in the next 2 yrs when their cap hit. The jets will not be paying Dvorak 11.5mil dollars in cash the next 2 season. Full stop not happening.

who cares?
    then they dont add Dvorak and the jets can choose Lars Eller if they want something off the scrap heed as no free agent signs there unless they are desperate.
    Apr. 17, 2023 at 7:27 a.m.
    Banned

Calling it now. Kraken beat the Avs! There is your upset. I've watched enough of Boston this season. One of the best teams Ive seen in years, consistent, deep, tough, fast, superb goaltending, awesome special teams, and timely scoring. Ppl are overthinking it now after the Bruins have been in cruise control for weeks. Just like the draft where ppl overly nitpick prospects, fans are trying to find faults in the Bruins where they are NONE!

Avs have struggled a lot of the year til their recent hot streak to grab top spot in their division in a bad Western conference. Seattle will play super loose. Landy loss is huge, Makar is hurting, Manson isnt back yet. Girard has always been a liability in tight hockey. Dunn/Larson pair has been one of the best all season and Krakheads depth scoring will put pressure on the Avs and Georgiev is quite unproven in the playoffs. Grubauer gets some revenge on his old team. Seattle barn will be crazy. I've been there to that gorgeous underground rink and the first playoffs should make it something else.

There's your upset Kraken+235
    Apr. 17, 2023 at 9:01 a.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Calling it now. Kraken beat the Avs! There is your upset. I've watched enough of Boston this season. One of the best teams Ive seen in years, consistent, deep, tough, fast, superb goaltending, awesome special teams, and timely scoring. Ppl are overthinking it now after the Bruins have been in cruise control for weeks. Just like the draft where ppl overly nitpick prospects, fans are trying to find faults in the Bruins where they are NONE!

Avs have struggled a lot of the year til their recent hot streak to grab top spot in their division in a bad Western conference. Seattle will play super loose. Landy loss is huge, Makar is hurting, Manson isnt back yet. Girard has always been a liability in tight hockey. Dunn/Larson pair has been one of the best all season and Krakheads depth scoring will put pressure on the Avs and Georgiev is quite unproven in the playoffs. Grubauer gets some revenge on his old team. Seattle barn will be crazy. I've been there to that gorgeous underground rink and the first playoffs should make it something else.

There's your upset Kraken+235

Boston too! So looking forward to a state of Florida Atlantic division round
    Apr. 17, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
    Banned
    Boston too! So looking forward to a state of Florida Atlantic division round

I'll agree with you that the Leafs have a lot of good players but that team is broken, they just dont have IT!

The fact every media member in Canada is saying the Leafs are 'definitely' winning. I dont know.

Its too much pressure. Samsonov/Vasi is a goalie matchup too many are dismissing. Vasi is the much more experienced and better goalie. Samsonov has choked away two straight series now to the Bruins and Cats.

TB has been coasting for 2 months. The playoffs are always about special teams, stud Dmen and goaltending. The Bolts still have a massive edge in all 3.

Toronto media making a big deal about Matthew Knies and an injury to Jeannot is neither here nor there.
    Boltsradynasty liked this.
    Apr. 17, 2023 at 10:13 a.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    I'll agree with you that the Leafs have a lot of good players but that team is broken, they just dont have IT!

The fact every media member in Canada is saying the Leafs are 'definitely' winning. I dont know.

Its too much pressure. Samsonov/Vasi is a goalie matchup too many are dismissing. Vasi is the much more experienced and better goalie. Samsonov has choked away two straight series now to the Bruins and Cats.

TB has been coasting for 2 months. The playoffs are always about special teams, stud Dmen and goaltending. The Bolts still have a massive edge in all 3.

Toronto media making a big deal about Matthew Knies and an injury to Jeannot is neither here nor there.

Ohhh the Irony if Bob can slay another Giant.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll