Carolina 3-2, Boston 5-3, Dallas 4-3, Edmonton 5-2
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
and proud of it
Quoting: Steven_Stamkos
Carolina 3-2, Boston 5-3, Dallas 4-3, Edmonton 5-2

Wow, specific.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.
I saw Doughty made a statement about playing Connor physical, …”we’re going to smack him”.

I get that you’d wanna play any skilled guy physically for sure, but I hope the Kings realize that Klim Kostin is on the Oilers.

I watched a tad of him in Russia, then with the Blues in prospect camps, traverse city tourney, AHL.

He’s by far the toughest person on the ice for the series and he snaps, to quote Darren pang, like you read about. And he’s mean - like he sees red at times maybe. And he’s a thick dude.

His major issue in stl was taking unnecessary penalties and a handful of them were retaliatory.

If I were LA I’d finish my hits, but I’d be careful going way out of my way to be physical with McDavid cause Kostin is the type of guy who will take his next shift and run somebody face first into the boards similar to early days Kadri.

Addition:

If some series of events occur, and later on we’re debating whether he had intent to injure.

Imma tell you right now, yes, he was.
BigBallsBriere and oilersguy liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:27 p.m.
and proud of it
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
I saw Doughty made a statement about playing Connor physical, …”we’re going to smack him”.

I get that you’d wanna play any skilled guy physically for sure, but I hope the Kings realize that Klim Kostin is on the Oilers.

I watched a tad of him in Russia, then with the Blues in prospect camps, traverse city tourney, AHL.

He’s by far the toughest person on the ice for the series and he snaps, to quote Darren pang, like you read about. And he’s mean - like he sees red at times maybe. And he’s a thick dude.

His major issue in stl was taking unnecessary penalties and a handful of them were retaliatory.

If I were LA I’d finish my hits, but I’d be careful going way out of my way to be physical with McDavid cause Kostin is the type of guy who will take his next shift and run somebody face first into the boards similar to early days Kadri.

Addition:

If some series of events occur, and later on we’re debating whether he had intent to injure.

Bruh, RIP McDrai
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
and proud of it

zk97 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
and proud of it

Anyone else think Florida wins tonight?
BigBallsBriere and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HockeyManiac95

The curse starts
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:36 p.m.

Game 1 just became a lot bigger If Boston is missing multiple key guys. If Florida wins tonight everything can go out the window
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:39 p.m.
and proud of it
Quoting: aadoyle
The curse starts

Game 1 just became a lot bigger If Boston is missing multiple key guys. If Florida wins tonight everything can go out the window

I knew Boston was only a regular season team. Now they're too beat up to even make a beatable team seem small. I honestly predicted a 2nd round exit for them, but this news is gonna raise some questions
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
and proud of it
I knew Boston was only a regular season team. Now they're too beat up to even make a beatable team seem small. I honestly predicted a 2nd round exit for them, but this news is gonna raise some questions

Then again, do we really think Alex Lyon is gonna hold Florida?
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Presidents trophy really should just be abolished as that things more cursed than a haunted mansion
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:51 p.m.
Then again, do we really think Alex Lyon is gonna hold Florida?

Hey now it's not that extreme. Boston even half injured is still a very deep team. It could only become a problem for Boston if they have several players out tonight and the illness snowballs and Florida wins and gets confidence. But even then, with Lyon in net I will still have skepticism that Florida will be able to derail the bruins completely. If Bobrovsky is in net thats a completely different story. But Lyon has played well so you never know. I find it unlikely that JM will disclose guys who are out. We probably won't know until gametime who's in and who's out.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier

Anyone else think Florida wins tonight?

I'm ngl and this is probably a bad take, I think Florida has an underated shot at an upset. If Tkachuk and Barkov can play at there best I think the team could rally behind them. I think a lot of player on Boston players will overthink it, Zacha, Ullmark, Bertuzzi have very little playoff experience and Ullmark was terrible last year in the playoffs. If Bostons top guys aren't able to play and Panthers are ahead, it might be hard to get a grip on the series.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
I make typos
Anyone else think it is really bad idea for the NHL playoffs to start at the same time as the NBA playoffs, the NHL should start the season earlier so the playoffs start in the sweet spot between the MLB opening day and the start of the NBA playoffs. If they start the season earlier then they wouldn't have to compete to the start of the NBA season as well.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:15 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Addition:

All these Kings fans were and still are freaking about that hit on Anderson, and they are enraged that we were satisfied to see payback on the guy that injured Drai's leg last year
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:31 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Mark Stone is in tonight lol
Saskleaf and Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
Quoting: oilersguy
Anyone else think it is really bad idea for the NHL playoffs to start at the same time as the NBA playoffs, the NHL should start the season earlier so the playoffs start in the sweet spot between the MLB opening day and the start of the NBA playoffs. If they start the season earlier then they wouldn't have to compete to the start of the NBA season as well.

I find the way the schedule works is fine, may not be optimized revenue wise as you pointed out but as a fan, the schedule is very good and I think players like when they have their offseason break
HockeyManiac95 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
and proud of it

Bruh imagine these are all right (that LA and Boston prediction be like)
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 6:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Bruh imagine these are all right (that LA and Boston prediction be like)

If the Corgi gets all predictions right were voting him off right for being sus
zk97, Saskleaf, HockeyManiac95 and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 6:40 p.m.
Quoting: oilersguy

It usually doesnt line up as even as it has this year. According to my limited memory regarding the NBA, they usually start playoffs a week or two earlier than the NHL does. Only so much you can do because both playoffs take 2+ months. Pretty hard to make a drastic schedule change with that. If anything though, I think they should move back the NBA season. I only exclude baseball in this argument because I really don't think a ton of people watch Baseball. And I think the majority would agree that it's the least entertaining of all 4 major sports. So basically from June-August you have 2 dead months where none of the NHL, NBA or NFL are playing games. On the surface it seems like it could make sense to start the NBA season a month or two later so their playoffs start in late May early June. That way they get clear airtime and the NHL and NBA don't have to battle. But you also have the fact that the NHL has Canadian teams. So if you count Canada, and maybe a few outliers, almost a third of the NBA and NHL markets are unaffected by the overlap. And it's really only state teams or big markets where it matters.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
Edited Apr. 17, 2023 at 7:06 p.m.
Not so last chance to join the CF bracket challenge for those who are interested

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/en/league/40773

Password: SUTERGOAT69
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
Last chance to join the CF bracket challenge for those who are interested

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/en/league/40773

password?
Apr. 17, 2023 at 6:52 p.m.
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
password?

My bad - SUTERGOAT69
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 7:13 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Isnt it ironic Bobrosky has been on 2 teams that have gone up against a team who won 60+ games

CBJ 2018-2019 vs. TBL
FLA 2022-2023 vs. BOS

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll