Trades
VAN
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. Jarvis, Seth
  3. Kotkaniemi, Jesperi
  4. 2024 1st round pick (CAR)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
KK can work as a decent 2c in the retool even though he’s more of a perfect 3c(as of now). Drury has potential and will make Vancouvers young center core stronger
CAR
  1. Boeser, Brock ($3,325,000 retained)
  2. Pettersson, Elias ($3,675,000 retained)
Additional Details:
You heard it. EP40 has been hinting that he wants to win rather than play for a middle of the pack team out of loyalty to Vancouver.

And Canes fans that think this is too much to give up. It isn’t
VAN
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony
Additional Details:
Doesn’t need to be Ottawa but could see them do this as a “panic” replacement for Drake Batherson if he gets suspended for the whc drama. There’s no info on who the 5 is but I’ve got the feeling that a lot of fans think it’s him
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$78,821,945$850,000$1,380,000$4,678,055
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$786,111$786,111 (Performance Bonus$30,000$30K)
G
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 3, 2023 at 4:40 p.m.
This team needs a reBUILD and they've needed it since the sedins declined/retired. Perhaps a reTOOL could be done if Pettersson stays. But Vancouver has consistently failed to see/accept that they're striving for mediocrity and keeping themselves in the playoff bubble: not bad enough for top picks (often enough), not good enough to compete AND filling their cap with mediocre players and mildly too much money

This team has signed sooooo many middle of the lineup players from like 2.5-5 million over the last number of years

Cole
Soucy
Poolman
Mikheyev

Are all currently on the team

Add in garland, and Pearson acquired by trade

And then guys who are gone including
Beagle
Ferland
Roussel

And that doesn't even include overpaying Myers.

Just stop. Tear it down and rebuild properly.
Aebexz liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 4:42 p.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
This team needs a reBUILD and they've needed it since the sedins declined/retired. Perhaps a reTOOL could be done if Pettersson stays. But Vancouver has consistently failed to see/accept that they're striving for mediocrity and keeping themselves in the playoff bubble: not bad enough for top picks (often enough), not good enough to compete AND filling their cap with mediocre players and mildly too much money

This team has signed sooooo many middle of the lineup players from like 2.5-5 million over the last number of years

Cole
Soucy
Poolman
Mikheyev

Beagle
Ferland
Roussel

Agree but I doubt the owner will allow a rebuild at this stage. If he was willing, it would have happened already
Aug. 3, 2023 at 4:43 p.m.

Cole
Soucy
Poolman
Mikheyev

Beagle
Ferland
Roussel

Under the Aquilini ownership group a rebuild is not happening.
remowilliams liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 4:48 p.m.
Quoting: Aebexz
Agree but I doubt the owner will allow a rebuild at this stage. If he was willing, it would have happened already

Quoting: PeterForsberg21
Under the Aquilini ownership group a rebuild is not happening.

Yeah it really seems it is Aquilini's fault

As an aside it makes me wonder if Benning was better than we realize.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:07 p.m.
alwaysnextyear

Benning was pretty bad overall. He had two massive hits in drafting Petey and Hughes, but his professional scouting, signings, trades and cap management were disastrous. This team would undoubtedly be better right now if it was someone else that had been making those decisions during his time here.
audiodave and BCAPP liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:14 p.m.
The more I think about this, the more I like this as a Canes fan. Really it breaks down to a young top-6 winger with potential, a 2/3 center with term, a young bottom-6 forward, and a couple high picks for a very valuable #1 center and a middle-6 winger.

Canes Lines:
Bunting - Aho - Necas
Svechnikov - Pettersson - Boeser
Martinook - Staal - Teravainen
Noesen - PROSPECT - Fast
Lemieux

That's a crazy good forward group.
Aebexz and rookie liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
why sell off pettersson for half his value?
Knuckl3s, audiodave, Warpbox and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
Banned

Cole
Soucy
Poolman
Mikheyev

Beagle
Ferland
Roussel

They don't need a rebuild, saying they do is admitting your ignorance to the strength of the core in place, and the supporting cast is not to shabby actually
remowilliams liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
Banned

It's not a question of whether they want to or not, it's whether or not they NEED to, and the answer to that is no, not yet
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Benning was pretty bad overall. He had two massive hits in drafting Petey and Hughes, but his professional scouting, signings, trades and cap management were disastrous. This team would undoubtedly be better right now if it was someone else that had been making those decisions during his time here.

Can say the same for Montreal and Bergevin. Flyers and Chuck Fletcher. Flames and Treliving too
Aebexz and alwaysnextyear liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.

No, it wasn’t his faults for not doing a rebuild but it was his fault for doing that terrible OEL trade and more or less signing every UFA to terrible deals
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
Banned

We don't know how next season will play out, there is still a path to contending with the current core, the door isn't closed unless they miss the playoffs next season, don't get ahead of yourself. No off-season is the same as any previous off-season
Aebexz liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
Where did you hear that Pettersson wants out of Vancouver or that he's been hinting at it? As far as the trade, Vancouver is getting robbed. Pettersson without salary retention is worth more than that.
Knuckl3s, Warpbox, PeterForsberg21 and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Banned
No, it wasn’t his faults for not doing a rebuild but it was his fault for doing that terrible OEL trade and more or less signing every UFA to terrible deals

Aquilini absolutely deserves some blame for approving the OEL trade, and now he and his brothers are paying the price for that mistake, but that doesn't mean contending is out of the question for the current core just yet
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: audiodave
Where did you hear that Pettersson wants out of Vancouver or that he's been hinting at it? As far as the trade, Vancouver is getting robbed. Pettersson without salary retention is worth more than that.

Honestly, I think Pettersson is more likely to accept a 3-4 year deal that takes him to UFA status at age 27-28 and then look to cash in one more time than he is to force his drag things and force his way out next season
audiodave liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Can say the same for Montreal and Bergevin. Flyers and Chuck Fletcher. Flames and Treliving too

You might as well add Conroy already. He has already done a terrible job with the coach decision and the Toffoli trade was dreadful. He won’t be doing Calgary any favors unfortunately. He was the right hand to the guy that put Calgary in this mess, he signed the right hand to the coach that also put them in that mess.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
Banned
You might as well add Conroy already. He has already done a terrible job with the coach decision and the Toffoli trade was dreadful. He won’t be doing Calgary any favors unfortunately. He was the right hand to the guy that put Calgary in this mess, he signed the right hand to the coach that also put them in that mess.

Yeah, I've definitely lost faith in Conroy already, but I don't feel too bad for the Flames since they are a division rival to me
Aebexz liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
The issue with this is that you're asking for Carolina to give up a 1st and a 3rd (Kotkaniemi) a 1st (Jarvis), another 1st, and 2 2nds (Drury and the pick). In total, that's 3 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd. No. I'm not even saying the value is wrong, but you're not going to get Jarvis definitely, and Kotkaniemi probably. If this was Morrow, and a package of futures, I think it's very different. Carolina don't need to move money to take EP40 half retained. I think Canuck fans are going to call for your head on a spike, but there's no need for a contending team to gut the entire future of the organization for a 2C that is up at the end of the year.

ESPECIALLY with the uncertainty around Teravainen, Pesce, Skjei, Raanta, Necas etc in the future. Carolina won't have the room to pay EP the kind of money he'll ask for on top of gutting the depth. They need the young roster pieces. If this is a futures package, definitely.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Caniac2000
The issue with this is that you're asking for Carolina to give up a 1st and a 3rd (Kotkaniemi) a 1st (Jarvis), another 1st, and 2 2nds (Drury and the pick). In total, that's 3 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd. No. I'm not even saying the value is wrong, but you're not going to get Jarvis definitely, and Kotkaniemi probably. If this was Morrow, and a package of futures, I think it's very different. Carolina don't need to move money to take EP40 half retained. I think Canuck fans are going to call for your head on a spike, but there's no need for a contending team to gut the entire future of the organization for a 2C that is up at the end of the year.

ESPECIALLY with the uncertainty around Teravainen, Pesce, Skjei, Raanta, Necas etc in the future. Carolina won't have the room to pay EP the kind of money he'll ask for on top of gutting the depth. They need the young roster pieces. If this is a futures package, definitely.

Agree that the trade doesn't make sense for Carolina, even if the valuation favors them
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Honestly, I think Pettersson is more likely to accept a 3-4 year deal that takes him to UFA status at age 27-28 and then look to cash in one more time than he is to force his drag things and force his way out next season

That's certainly possible. I'm just wondering where @Aebexz is hearing this rumor that Pettersson wants out.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
Pettersson costs way, way more then that
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Trouble with so called rebuilding it the thought other teams wanting /or have the cap for players team want to "dump". The only way truly to rebuild is let those bad contracts expire, and then build without those players.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 6:15 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: audiodave
That's certainly possible. I'm just wondering where Aebexz is hearing this rumor that Pettersson wants out.

He's overreacting. If Pettersson truly has a sense of decency, he'll at the very least hold off on signing a contract extension to at least see where the upcoming season goes to be able to gage how trustworthy new management is, as the ON-ICE misfortunes of last season weren't managements fault, they were all carry over issues from ownership and/or the previous regime. Getting both coach and ownership on the same page just isn't something that happens overnight
audiodave liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 6:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
Trouble with so called rebuilding it the thought other teams wanting /or have the cap for players team want to "dump". The only way truly to rebuild is let those bad contracts expire, and then build without those players.

Cap sheet is pretty clean once Myers is off the books barring no incoming ill-advised overpayments
Aug. 3, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000

Calling Pettersson a 2C is laughable. He’s a superstar 1C who easily becomes Carolina’s best player

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll