C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2023 at 5:53 a.m.
Hawks aren't trading Soderblom.
Snowhawk18, Hawksguy81 and Garak liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 7:53 a.m.
Sens aren’t trading Pinto
Aug. 7, 2023 at 8:13 a.m.
Subbanator
Sens laugh

Don't even get the point of the Chicago trade
JK74 and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 8:48 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Sens laugh

Don't even get the point of the Chicago trade

I think that's unfair. I don't know how much of a proven commodity Pinto is. He's bringing back Monty, Evans, and a 1st, plus cap relief. I get that Kovacevic & Evans don't have a ton of value, but they are role players on a playoff team IMO.

Anyway I get that Ottawa is not looking to move in from Pinto, but I don't think this offer is "laughable".
Hawksguy81 and Subbanator7667 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 9:29 a.m.
Snowhawk
It’s amazing how many times you can read trade proposals and know exactly which team the poster is a fan of.

These proposals are easily rejected by both Ottawa and Chicago.
Hawksguy81, JK74, AnonymousSensFan and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
Chicago laughs and hangs up.
Hawksguy81, JK74, Snowhawk18 and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 10:49 a.m.
Quoting: jonh514
I think that's unfair. I don't know how much of a proven commodity Pinto is. He's bringing back Monty, Evans, and a 1st, plus cap relief. I get that Kovacevic & Evans don't have a ton of value, but they are role players on a playoff team IMO.

Anyway I get that Ottawa is not looking to move in from Pinto, but I don't think this offer is "laughable".

First, you seem to be ignoring Forsberg. Forsberg is better than Monty. He is not a cap dump.

Second, you admit it yourself, Evans and kovacevic have little value. What is Evans, a 4C? We got one of those already. Not big enough to play a physical wing game. So what's his role? Kovacevic, what's his role? 3RD? Cool, Sens already have two guys under NHL contracts for that role.

Third, Pinto's value is that of a 2C/3C with years of team control left. Yes, he's only played one full so far, but put up 20g in doing so. He has done nothing so far to indicate he won't hit his ceiling.

So, in this trade, Sens are giving up a middle6 C with years of team control. They are weakening themselves at the center position, they are weakening themselves at the goalie position, weakening their odds of making the playoffs, for a couple of bottom line role players and a first round pick.

So yeah, I'm not sure the value of this trade is where you think it's at. It's "laughable" because OP has no understanding of where the Sens are at and what their needs are, instead opting for a "I want Pinto, he looks like he will be really good, let me offer a bunch of easily replaceable depth players and a 1st".
Snowhawk18 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Hii

You forget the Pinto just scored 20 goals and is a very trusted and well liked player in Ottawa. H

He will be part of Ottawa's huge 123 punch of Stutzle, Norris, and Pinto for years to come.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 11:26 a.m.
Bedard23
You already know what my answer to that trade will be

Also Ottawa laughs in your face
Garak liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
Forsberg vs Montembeault : I think Sens would rather have Forsberg but Montembeault has shown nice things last season. However this swap would solve Sens cap problems in itself

2024 4th round pick (TBL) vs Evans : I would do it as Evans would improve the Sens 4th line (assuming cap space allows it)

Pinto vs Kovacevic + 2025 1st round pick (CGY) : this is actually not bad at all but that 1st is hard to predict and Sens are very reluctant about trading Pinto (like not making him available for Jakob Chychrun)

With the some tweaks, I could actually be interested.

OP I am making a counter offer, look in the new ACGM

Quoting: Subbanator7667
Sens laugh

I was going to say that but that Calgary 1st in 2025 makes me pause... but damn from the conditions it seems there is a million different possible scenarios lol

Despite all the comments in this thread, I find that this offer is actually not that bad

Value about Pinto is not how proven he is, it's more his projectability... He plays like a less physical David Backes, who was a great 2-way center with a great shot. A more recent comparison I make (but careful, not in playstyle) is Philip Danault, in the sense that I see him become that level.

The underrated piece here IMO is Kovacevic. He was very solid for Montreal last season, very good advanced stats
jonh514 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 12:44 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
First, you seem to be ignoring Forsberg. Forsberg is better than Monty. He is not a cap dump.

Second, you admit it yourself, Evans and kovacevic have little value. What is Evans, a 4C? We got one of those already. Not big enough to play a physical wing game. So what's his role? Kovacevic, what's his role? 3RD? Cool, Sens already have two guys under NHL contracts for that role.

Third, Pinto's value is that of a 2C/3C with years of team control left. Yes, he's only played one full so far, but put up 20g in doing so. He has done nothing so far to indicate he won't hit his ceiling.

So, in this trade, Sens are giving up a middle6 C with years of team control. They are weakening themselves at the center position, they are weakening themselves at the goalie position, weakening their odds of making the playoffs, for a couple of bottom line role players and a first round pick.

So yeah, I'm not sure the value of this trade is where you think it's at. It's "laughable" because OP has no understanding of where the Sens are at and what their needs are, instead opting for a "I want Pinto, he looks like he will be really good, let me offer a bunch of easily replaceable depth players and a 1st".

To be clear: I also said that I don't think the Sense are looking to make a deal like this one. My point is that if they or another team were looking to move on from a sophomore player with Pinto's stats, experience and pedigree, a middling 1st and 3 roster players is not a bad return.

I think you are looking to beat up on someone because you like Pinto, it's cool, but I am not the cause of nor should I be the target of your frustrations.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 12:46 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Hii
You forget the Pinto just scored 20 goals and is a very trusted and well liked player in Ottawa. H

He will be part of Ottawa's huge 123 punch of Stutzle, Norris, and Pinto for years to come.

I certainly did not forget it. I did not suggest the trade. I recognized that the Sens would not make this deal.

I am simply saying that on the surface a player with that max of pedigree, experience, and stats is worth about a 1st plus plus.
Hii liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 12:51 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Xspyrit
Forsberg vs Montembeault : I think Sens would rather have Forsberg but Montembeault has shown nice things last season. However this swap would solve Sens cap problems in itself

2024 4th round pick (TBL) vs Evans : I would do it as Evans would improve the Sens 4th line (assuming cap space allows it)

Pinto vs Kovacevic + 2025 1st round pick (CGY) : this is actually not bad at all but that 1st is hard to predict and Sens are very reluctant about trading Pinto (like not making him available for Jakob Chychrun)

With the some tweaks, I could actually be interested.

OP I am making a counter offer, look in the new ACGM

I was going to say that but that Calgary 1st in 2025 makes me pause... but damn from the conditions it seems there is a million different possible scenarios lol

Despite all the comments in this thread, I find that this offer is actually not that bad

Value about Pinto is not how proven he is, it's more his projectability... He plays like a less physical David Backes, who was a great 2-way center with a great shot. A more recent comparison I make (but careful, not in playstyle) is Philip Danault, in the sense that I see him become that level.

The underrated piece here IMO is Kovacevic. He was very solid for Montreal last season, very good advanced stats

I really appreciated your perspective here sir. I would not make this deal from the Sens perspective, but I agree with you that the value is not "far" from the return necessary if a team were inclined to trade a player like Pinto.

I also agree that Kovacevic had a surprising season, but that sort of makes my point, no one knows if a sophomore player was a flash in the pan or can sustain/improve.

Rem Pitlick scored 17 goals for the Habs in a season where they fired their coach and finished last in the league. 1 year later he was a throw in on the Karlsson trade to free up a roster spot.
Xspyrit liked this.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
To be clear: I also said that I don't think the Sense are looking to make a deal like this one. My point is that if they or another team were looking to move on from a sophomore player with Pinto's stats, experience and pedigree, a middling 1st and 3 roster players is not a bad return.

I think you are looking to beat up on someone because you like Pinto, it's cool, but I am not the cause of nor should I be the target of your frustrations.

I'm not looking to pick a fight, I just happen to think the value isn't there.

If Sens offered JBD, Kastelic, and a mid first in 2 years for Dach, would you think the value is fair?

Edit: removed Forsberg since Monty was also there. Let's assume they cancel each other, even though Forsberg has had better stats consistently with the Sens.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 6:12 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM

If Sens offered JBD, Kastelic, and a mid first in 2 years for Dach, would you think the value is fair?

Edit: removed Forsberg since Monty was also there. Let's assume they cancel each other, even though Forsberg has had better stats consistently with the Sens.

Assuming the Habs did not NEED Dach anymore, I'm not sure. Depends on what he accomplishes. I have maintained again and again in these comments, I would not do the deal if I were the Sens. I would definitely not do the Dach deal for the Habs this year either. I am saying however, that expecting 3 x 1st round picks for Pinto or Dach is not reasonable. If you think he's worth that much, don't trade him. If you DO trade him, you're not gonna get that much.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 8:17 p.m.
I really appreciated your perspective here sir. I would not make this deal from the Sens perspective, but I agree with you that the value is not "far" from the return necessary if a team were inclined to trade a player like Pinto.

I also agree that Kovacevic had a surprising season, but that sort of makes my point, no one knows if a sophomore player was a flash in the pan or can sustain/improve.

Rem Pitlick scored 17 goals for the Habs in a season where they fired their coach and finished last in the league. 1 year later he was a throw in on the Karlsson trade to free up a roster spot.

Guys, go see my tweaked proposal :

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/752080?post_id=4344436

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll