LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $7,350,000$7,350,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,200,000$3M)
    C
    RFA - 3
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C, RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,525,000$1,525,000
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $762,500$762,500
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,583,333$9,583,333
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,725,000$4,725,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
    RD
    RFA - 3
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    G
    RFA - 2
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $825,000$825,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
    Canucks pass.IMHO.Peetys goin no where soon.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
    Subbanator
    Quoting: remowilliams
    Canucks pass.IMHO.Peetys goin no where soon.

He's already said that if they don't start winning he is as good as gone, might as well start seeing what the trade market is like this season if their out of it by TDL
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:29 p.m.
    Quoting: Subbanator7667
    He's already said that if they don't start winning he is as good as gone, might as well start seeing what the trade market is like this season if their out of it by TDL

Thats B.S .thats not what he said.you can twist his words which ever way you want.The FACT is he is a Canuck has never asked to be traded .loves Vancouver.Where does it actually say he wants out.This is just Another Fairytale Peety trade.IMHO.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
    Subbanator
    Thats B.S .thats not what he said.you can twist his words which ever way you want.The FACT is he is a Canuck has never asked to be traded .loves Vancouver.Where does it actually say he wants out.This is just Another Fairytale Peety trade.IMHO.

He literally told Elliot Friedman that he was 'in no rush to resign and wants to see how the team does first'

That's a clear sign of a player telling management that it's time to start winning or get me out of here
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
    He literally told Elliot Friedman that he was 'in no rush to resign and wants to see how the team does first'

That's a clear sign of a player telling management that it's time to start winning or get me out of here

No its not at all.its your twisted version of what he said.I Will be happy to revisit this with you if he Ever leaves.Right now its just B.S.Hes not going any where.Those are the Facts hes a Canuck.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
    VAN
    Ah snap, adding Roslovic just gets me so hyped!!! Lmao
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
    Please no more Petey to CBJ ACGMs. Please.
    CaseyFlyman liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.

he's an RFA so he can't just walk after the season. he could sit out for the year for UFA in 2026 but that's damaging to both sides.
    IF he doesnt want to stay in VAN (thats a big IF) then a sign and trade is more likely.

and we're talking about a top 10 Center in the league (arguably signed long term) the price is going to be MUCH higher than this post.
    no way CBJ gets this trade without starting with Fantilli, or Jiricek
    remowilliams liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:50 p.m.
    Subbanator
    No its not at all.its your twisted version of what he said.I Will be happy to revisit this with you if he Ever leaves.Right now its just B.S.Hes not going any where.Those are the Facts hes a Canuck.

I gave you a direct quote and say that I'm twisting his words lol

I'm not even saying it's a for sure thing. Every player has his limits though and no playoffs for a top 10 player in the league is frustrating and if it continues to happen I don't see why he would want to stay there. It's likely why they gave Hughes the captaincy, there's doubt with Petterson with that management
    Luguber and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.
    Subbanator
    Quoting: canucks_Fan_53
    he's an RFA so he can't just walk after the season. he could sit out for the year for UFA in 2026 but that's damaging to both sides.
    IF he doesnt want to stay in VAN (thats a big IF) then a sign and trade is more likely.

and we're talking about a top 10 Center in the league (arguably signed long term) the price is going to be MUCH higher than this post.
    no way CBJ gets this trade without starting with Fantilli, or Jiricek

You're not getting Fantilli but Jirichek would be a very good starting point. I'm my opinion though his RFA status is the only reason Vancouver is comfortable with his contract status, don't make the playoffs and he likely asks to be moved for a monster haul. They make the playoffs though and show improvement and he likely signs long term.

He obviously loves Vancouver but will only put up with losing for so long
    Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
    You're not getting Fantilli but Jirichek would be a very good starting point. I'm my opinion though his RFA status is the only reason Vancouver is comfortable with his contract status, don't make the playoffs and he likely asks to be moved for a monster haul. They make the playoffs though and show improvement and he likely signs long term.

He obviously loves Vancouver but will only put up with losing for so long

Fantilli's potential is not as valuable as the resume of a proven #1C. if there's a trade now, it starts with Fantilli. though teams are very hesitant to trade for (or trade away) "projected talent" it's just too risky
    if the trade happens later then you can get a more accurate value. maybe it's fantilli and VAN adds, maybe it's Fantilli and CBJ adds, either way VAN needs to trade for a #1C to replace EP40
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
    I gave you a direct quote and say that I'm twisting his words lol

I'm not even saying it's a for sure thing. Every player has his limits though and no playoffs for a top 10 player in the league is frustrating and if it continues to happen I don't see why he would want to stay there. It's likely why they gave Hughes the captaincy, there's doubt with Petterson with that management

OMG are you for real.Good luck with your theroies.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:03 p.m.
    The offer starts with at least one of Fantilli/Jiricek/Johnson
    remowilliams, TheAlien, titchy_jelly and 1 other person liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:46 p.m.

''clear sign''
    AlTintin1122 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    Quoting: drambui
    ''clear sign''

It is tho . Vancouver will prob miss the playoffs this year and he will want out
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:53 p.m.
    As a Canucks fan, I love watching other Canucks fans on here absolutely LOSE their crap over the thought Petey may request out. He did essentially say he wants to see how the team is doing before he signs, and I think we need to give him more credit; he isn't stupid. If I was a player of his calibre on the Canucks, and watched the absolute tire fire that has been the asset management and mediocrity of the Canucks, I may not want to stay. And I'm from BC.

Ultimately, I think he does stay, but people need to prepare themselves for a reality where he doesn't. He wants to win - it will take more than a good winger to satisfy him. He isn't stupid. If he leaves, we should feel betrayed by the team, not Petey. Him leaving would be him making the decision we all should have as fans like 2-3 years ago...

Anyways, it is equally funny to watch fans on here make proposals for him that don't really include anything tangible. Some first round picks that would be 15-20 and a decent proposect of young player likely won't get it done. You will have competition. For CBJ if the offer doesn't include one of Johnson/Fantilli, I don't see the Canucks doing it.

If you're answer is, 'no! Those guys could be 1Cs!' Exactly. You're accelerating your timeline to grab and elite 1C who has shown he can put up 100 points and get Selke votes. You have to give to get, even in this fantasy play ground.
    alwaysnextyear and Reason liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:53 p.m.
    Ktownchef
    This package is a joke for EP40. Top 10 center in the league you would need to give up multiple first plus one of Fantilli, Jiri, or Kent Johnson along with a mid level prospect like Ceulemans for the Canucks to even consider it. Even then the Canucks are in compete/win now mode and aren't likely to ship out their best player.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:56 p.m.
    Ktownchef
    Quoting: dfawcett
    As a Canucks fan, I love watching other Canucks fans on here absolutely LOSE their crap over the thought Petey may request out. He did essentially say he wants to see how the team is doing before he signs, and I think we need to give him more credit; he isn't stupid. If I was a player of his calibre on the Canucks, and watched the absolute tire fire that has been the asset management and mediocrity of the Canucks, I may not want to stay. And I'm from BC.

Ultimately, I think he does stay, but people need to prepare themselves for a reality where he doesn't. He wants to win - it will take more than a good winger to satisfy him. He isn't stupid. If he leaves, we should feel betrayed by the team, not Petey. Him leaving would be him making the decision we all should have as fans like 2-3 years ago...

Anyways, it is equally funny to watch fans on here make proposals for him that don't really include anything tangible. Some first round picks that would be 15-20 and a decent proposect of young player likely won't get it done. You will have competition. For CBJ if the offer doesn't include one of Johnson/Fantilli, I don't see the Canucks doing it.

If you're answer is, 'no! Those guys could be 1Cs!' Exactly. You're accelerating your timeline to grab and elite 1C who has shown he can put up 100 points and get Selke votes. You have to give to get, even in this fantasy play ground.

I think he'll sign at least a short team deal like 3-4 years even if they miss the playoffs. Even then he'll only be 27 or 28 years old and be a UFA. If the team does well and is trending up I think he goes long term and we all one day watch his number along with our new captain's number going up to the rafters.
    remowilliams and Synergy liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
    Quoting: AlTintin1122
    It is tho . Vancouver will prob miss the playoffs this year and he will want out

sure. lets pretend you know what he wants.
    remowilliams liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 5:59 p.m.
    B
    Not easy to accept before the season even starts, but it looks like another long season ahead and like he said...
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 5:59 p.m.
    alwaysnextyear

His comments to Friedman remind me a lot of when the Sedin's had impending contract negotiations. It seems like a very 'Swedish' thing to basically say nothing tangible about whether they want to stay or go, play it cool and let the agents do their work. It's a pretty good negotiating strategy.
    remowilliams and HockeyBoy87 liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 7:59 p.m.
    EP being unclear about whether he wants to stay is more likely just him exercising what little bargaining power he has as an RFA than him legitimately wanting out. He's going to be a Canuck for a long time.

Either way, CBJ aren't trading Jiricek or Fantilli for EP, and VAN aren't moving him for less, and if Fantilli works out we won't need him anyway. There really just isn't a fit.
    remowilliams liked this.
    Sep. 11, 2023 at 9:57 p.m.
    Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
    Not easy to accept before the season even starts, but it looks like another long season ahead and like he said...

This site is called Cap Friendly not Crap feindly.
    Sep. 12, 2023 at 4:26 a.m.
    Quoting: dfawcett

I agree with your post.
    Value on this sit is always funny. I made a AGM awhile back that had Columbus's 1st and Fantilli going to Vancouver for EP if he chose not to sign. All of "Fantilli is untouchable", or "Were not moving Fantilli, here's are offer" caused me to chuckle. Fantilli is projected to be a 1C and he has a ceiling of being a franchise center. EP is already a franchise center, best case scenario is Fantilli turns into EP, your getting the 25 year old sure thing for a maybe and what would likely be a mid 1st round pick! And EP would fill the one major hole on the team... No matter how I tried to explain it they didn't get it... Let's hope EP is a Canuck for a long time!
    Sep. 12, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
    Subbanator
    Quoting: alwaysnextyear
    His comments to Friedman remind me a lot of when the Sedin's had impending contract negotiations. It seems like a very 'Swedish' thing to basically say nothing tangible about whether they want to stay or go, play it cool and let the agents do their work. It's a pretty good negotiating strategy.

His comments also remind me of Tavares on the Island, Guadreau and Matty T in Calgary and other stars stuck on losing teams. His RFA status saves the Canucks but if he ends this year in April then those negotiation talks will likely be a lot more difficult

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll