Trades
TOR
  1. Barabanov, Alexander
  2. Sturm, Nico ($1,000,000 retained)
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (NJD)
SJS
  1. Tavares, John ($4,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
They can trade him with 50% retain and have a good return. And fort the leaf they clear 7 million cap space
TOR
MIN
  1. Timmins, Conor
Additional Details:
Waivers
TOR
  1. Murphy, Connor ($2,200,000 retained)
CHI
  1. Gambrell, Dylan
  2. Robertson, Nicholas
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
  4. 2026 1st round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$82,472,283$0$0$1,027,717
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,200,000$2,200,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:08 a.m.
Snowhawk
I think the Hawks probably accept.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:13 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
"They can trade him with 50% retain and have a good return. And fort the leaf they clear 7 million cap space"

But they can't. He has NMC and he certainly isn't waiving to a non playoff west coast team.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
"They can trade him with 50% retain and have a good return. And fort the leaf they clear 7 million cap space"

But they can't. He has NMC and he certainly isn't waiving to a non playoff west coast team.

Don't forget the fact the Sharks would be maxed out on retention slots.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:16 a.m.
Why make the team worse?
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.
Stovetop

They also wouldn't have a 3rd retention slot since OP has the Sharks retaining on Sturm for whatever reason.

Sharks are literally just adding cap here and while giving up more value than what they could even get back flipping Tavarez. Makes zero sense
palhal and RecycleShark liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.
Yes the team is little bit mor “ worse” but next year you can sign Nylander
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: The_random_sens_fan
Yes the team is little bit mor “ worse” but next year you can sign Nylander

The Leafs have lots of cap next season.....Bertuzzi, Domi, Lafferty, Giordano, Brodie, Klingberg and Samsonov are all UFAs....that's 24m and just one RFA to sign Liljegren.
Leafs can sign Nylander??? so can 31 other teams. It spending the cap wisely that is important, whether Nylander is a Leaf next season, doesn't really matter
AnonymousSensFan liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18
I think the Hawks probably accept.

Really? Who's filling that opening on RD? Not Gambrell or Robertson. This MIGHT (and I stress might) be a fair offer for Murphy half retained for 3 years, but it creates a big time mentorship issue for the Hawks on their blue line this season.

If the Hawks were going to trade Murphy, the trade would have been made far earlier than now so Kyle from Chicago could backfill the RD hole. Trying to do that now means Hawks overpay for Murphy's replacement or end up with a bum to play with Phillips or Kaiser. And why add two more forwards who need NHL ice time? Hawks have too many all ready. Hawks don't make this deal.
JK74 liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:41 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No chance the Leafs do that or JT does that… They don’t trade PPG players for 3rd liners and a 2nd
Sep. 15, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Marner rocks

You mean the letters NMC means something. This is a game people need to play by the real rules.
palhal liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 1:31 p.m.
As much as I feel Tavares contract was over priced there is no chance he waives his NMC. The main problem why we all complain he is not good defensive is because that line has always had Nylander on it and a random guy who never actually fit there ever. The coach is and has always been a moron to not see Marner should be switched with Nylander to give Tavares a competent line mate who actually can skate and knows there is a defensive zone. As is the lines should be Domi - Matthews - Nylander then Bertuzzi - Tavares - Marner. At least you would have 1 good defensive player per line. If you could magically get Tavares to waive we have to get at least a competent 2 line center back.
jaok3 liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 1:33 p.m.
Marner rocks
You have to realize that a guy who grew up in Toronto and took less money signing there, isn't waiving to go to the other side of North America.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 2:17 p.m.
Snowhawk
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Really? Who's filling that opening on RD? Not Gambrell or Robertson. This MIGHT (and I stress might) be a fair offer for Murphy half retained for 3 years, but it creates a big time mentorship issue for the Hawks on their blue line this season.

If the Hawks were going to trade Murphy, the trade would have been made far earlier than now so Kyle from Chicago could backfill the RD hole. Trying to do that now means Hawks overpay for Murphy's replacement or end up with a bum to play with Phillips or Kaiser. And why add two more forwards who need NHL ice time? Hawks have too many all ready. Hawks don't make this deal.

First off I agree with you, if Murphy was going to be traded it more then likely would have happened by now, I am merely responding to the proposal as shown.

Secondly, I am on record as saying I think Murphy is highly overrated by Blackhawk fans. In my opinion he is a decent second pair/PK d-man. With that in mind if you could get a 1st and 3rd for him you jump at the chance.

Robertson has injury questions but I would give him a chance over guys like Katchouk, Entwistle, R Johnson etc. the potential upside is greater than anything those guys offer. Gambrel… whatever he can go to Rockford, ECHL, waive whatever.

As for his potential replacement there are guys available from teams that still have cap issues to resolve:

Calgary is over the cap with a 21 man roster perhaps you can squeeze out Tanev for cheap or next to nothing.

Colorado is right up against the cap, they may be willing to move Girard who is a $5m luxury third pair d-man because of the development of Byram.

Edmonton has cap issues to resolve, Ceci may be available again for next to nothing or perhaps even with a sweetener.

Vancouver would probably jump at the chance to move Myers and probably attached a 2nd or 3rd round pick to him.

We may actually see the much anticipated and heavily debated Joseph/Brannstrom (aka next coming of Bobby Orr according to Sens fans) deal. Again potentially with a pick(s) added.

Maybe there is an opportunity for a follow up deal with the Leafs centred around Brodie.

That is just off the top of my head, I am sure there are other players out there that can shake free as we close in on the start of the season. Are they better then Murphy, perhaps not but some of those options are fairly close and at the end of the day, is winning really the priority yet?
LivingAnew, ChiHawk and Garak liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18
First off I agree with you, if Murphy was going to be traded it more then likely would have happened by now, I am merely responding to the proposal as shown.

Secondly, I am on record as saying I think Murphy is highly overrated by Blackhawk fans. In my opinion he is a decent second pair/PK d-man. With that in mind if you could get a 1st and 3rd for him you jump at the chance.

Robertson has injury questions but I would give him a chance over guys like Katchouk, Entwistle, R Johnson etc. the potential upside is greater than anything those guys offer. Gambrel… whatever he can go to Rockford, ECHL, waive whatever.

As for his potential replacement there are guys available from teams that still have cap issues to resolve:

Calgary is over the cap with a 21 man roster perhaps you can squeeze out Tanev for cheap or next to nothing.

Colorado is right up against the cap, they may be willing to move Girard who is a $5m luxury third pair d-man because of the development of Byram.

Edmonton has cap issues to resolve, Ceci may be available again for next to nothing or perhaps even with a sweetener.

Vancouver would probably jump at the chance to move Myers and probably attached a 2nd or 3rd round pick to him.

We may actually see the much anticipated and heavily debated Joseph/Brannstrom (aka next coming of Bobby Orr according to Sens fans) deal. Again potentially with a pick(s) added.

Maybe there is an opportunity for a follow up deal with the Leafs centred around Brodie.

That is just off the top of my head, I am sure there are other players out there that can shake free as we close in on the start of the season. Are they better then Murphy, perhaps not but some of those options are fairly close and at the end of the day, is winning really the priority yet?

Guess we'll have to disagree on Murphy's value. A 1st and a 3rd for Murphy with $6.5m retention for 3 years is probably the bare minimum Hawks might accept. I put little to no value on Robertson and no value on Gambrell. I say little to no value on Robertson because theres at least 6 forward prospect for the Hawks as of now who would be ahead of Robertson in their internal rankings in my opinion. And it might be more than 6. Like I said, it MIGHT be fair value, but I don't see the Hawks taking it.

No winning isn't a priority yet. But giving the 6 or 7 rookies who figure to make the NHL roster this year a strong locker room and strong on ice leadership is a priority. Giving Vlasic, Phillips, Kaiser good veteran partners to play with and learn from is a priority. Just my opinion, but the Hawks fire sale is over. Hawks have plenty of prospects and plenty more picks to make in the next 2 drafts. No need to just give your good veteran leaders away for minimal return any longer.
Garak liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 7:16 p.m.
Snowhawk
Guess we'll have to disagree on Murphy's value. A 1st and a 3rd for Murphy with $6.5m retention for 3 years is probably the bare minimum Hawks might accept. I put little to no value on Robertson and no value on Gambrell. I say little to no value on Robertson because theres at least 6 forward prospect for the Hawks as of now who would be ahead of Robertson in their internal rankings in my opinion. And it might be more than 6. Like I said, it MIGHT be fair value, but I don't see the Hawks taking it.

No winning isn't a priority yet. But giving the 6 or 7 rookies who figure to make the NHL roster this year a strong locker room and strong on ice leadership is a priority. Giving Vlasic, Phillips, Kaiser good veteran partners to play with and learn from is a priority. Just my opinion, but the Hawks fire sale is over. Hawks have plenty of prospects and plenty more picks to make in the next 2 drafts. No need to just give your good veteran leaders away for minimal return any longer.

Yes, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one because I don’t see the proposal as constructed as “giving Murphy away”.

As far as a strong veteran presence, there are still plenty of solid veterans in the locker room and several of the potential replacement players I mentioned (Tanev, Brodie etc) are also considered solid veteran leaders.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 7:22 p.m.

I can see both sides, but I think having Murphy as a mentor is a luxury, not a necessity. If we get a chance to acquire more assets for him and/or most of the other veterans on CHI's roster, we should take it.

I do disagree with @SnowHawk18 that Murphy is overrated, though. It is less a case of overrating him and more having to incessantly defend him from people who know nothing about him outside of his stat line. A stat line heavily influenced by awful rosters and AWFUL coaching under Colliton. He is a very good right shot defensive minded defenseman who eats almost 20min a game and is in his prime. Those all contribute to his trade value heavily. But, no one has ever said he is something he isn't. I think NHL fans value offensive defenseman way too highly, and when they see low point totals they pass unwarranted judgements.
LivingAnew and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 10:43 p.m.
Johnny cement boots is not waiving for SJ

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll