1. Dubé, Dillon ($1,000,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Räty, Aatu
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (VAN)
  3. 2024 4th round pick (NJD)
CHI
  1. Boeser, Brock
Additional Details:
Assuming BB CONTINUES on with his strong start (30-35 goals, 70ish points) up to the deadline.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$83,434,167$850,000$0$65,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,775,000$1,775,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 4, 2023 at 8:58 p.m.
Have a good day at work
Reason liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 8:59 p.m.
I don't think this improves the Canucks. Why trade Boeser when he is finally playing up to his potential?
Newgod77 and remowilliams liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 9:05 p.m.
TrevorA
I doubt we retain on Dube given we have a few other more valuable fish we might be moving out, but I don’t mind moving on from Dube for a Prospect and Pick(s) and Raty is still an intriguing prospect to me
Nov. 4, 2023 at 9:16 p.m.
Dont quit your day/night job.lol
Newgod77 liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 9:28 p.m.
Hawks are light on RHD & need Murphy pairing w/the rookies on D. When they do move him Hawks will be looking for picks/prospects.
Garak, remowilliams and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 9:28 p.m.
Work hard today. And sign your boss up for a ACGM account.
KingofRnR, remowilliams and Garak liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 10:17 p.m.
Calgary might do that. Almost for sure if it's without retention on Dube.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 10:46 p.m.
Don't think 1.5 years of boeser helps the hawks in any way at all
Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Nov. 4, 2023 at 11:04 p.m.
Sleep well, sweet prince/princess.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:21 a.m.
All of these trades are absolutely brutal for the Canucks. Why would they do any of these?
Nov. 5, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: audiodave
I don't think this improves the Canucks. Why trade Boeser when he is finally playing up to his potential?

I have been moving BB in AGM's since I have been on this site. I like the player (and person), he does has high end potential but I don't think he will ever consistently put it together year over year and be able to stay healthy in the mean time. This is WAY to small a sample size to say he has finally reached his potential, I would like to see at least back to back full seasons before I am convinced.

Quoting: SGB88
All of these trades are absolutely brutal for the Canucks. Why would they do any of these?

Lol, how are they brutal?

BB has been inconsistent for the majority of his entire career, the team has been trying to move a winger since Allvin took over to reallocate cap to more pressing positions of weakness, and so far they have been unable to do so. Even if BB has a strong year leading into the deadline, he hasn't proven to be a high end consistent offensive contributor, nor has he proven to be someone that is reliably healthy. With Murphy added, they have another top 4 RD that would be a great partner with Hughes who is cost controlled for another 2 seasons after this one. The team is still in a serious cap crunch and that cost efficient contract would hold massive value for a team like Vancouver. This would also allow Hronek to play on a the second pair with Cole who he also looked good playing with, giving Vancouver a balanced blueline. Also, if the team is to move a winger, which they still want to do, why trade a decent one like Garland if your going to have to retain and may still not get a positive asset back? I would personally rather trade a Boeser than Garland at this point..

Dube is a fairly young middle 6 piece that could partially help fill the void left by Boeser, he's also an RFA after this season so there is some team control. Vancouver is giving up a B prospect, a 3rd (stats say 3rd's are more likely to never turn into an NHL player) and a 4th for retention.

Hayton is a bit of a gamble, but there are giving up gambles for him. That said he had a strong year last year (19 goals and 43 points), is still young (23), plays center, is good at faceoffs and is a two way player. Vancouver gives up Hoglander who has been inconsistent so far during his career and may need a change of scenery, Klimovich has potential and is young, was decent last year but is being benched in the AHL this year, and a 3rd round pick.

I think this team is definitely better with these swaps.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:29 p.m.
Quoting: Reason
I have been moving BB in AGM's since I have been on this site. I like the player (and person), he does has high end potential but I don't think he will ever consistently put it together year over year and be able to stay healthy in the mean time. This is WAY to small a sample size to say he has finally reached his potential, I would like to see at least back to back full seasons before I am convinced.

Lol, how are they brutal?

BB has been inconsistent for the majority of his entire career, the team has been trying to move a winger since Allvin took over to reallocate cap to more pressing positions of weakness, and so far they have been unable to do so. Even if BB has a strong year leading into the deadline, he hasn't proven to be a high end consistent offensive contributor, nor has he proven to be someone that is reliably healthy. With Murphy added, they have another top 4 RD that would be a great partner with Hughes who is cost controlled for another 2 seasons after this one. The team is still in a serious cap crunch and that cost efficient contract would hold massive value for a team like Vancouver. This would also allow Hronek to play on a the second pair with Cole who he also looked good playing with, giving Vancouver a balanced blueline. Also, if the team is to move a winger, which they still want to do, why trade a decent one like Garland if your going to have to retain and may still not get a positive asset back? I would personally rather trade a Boeser than Garland at this point..

Dube is a fairly young middle 6 piece that could partially help fill the void left by Boeser, he's also an RFA after this season so there is some team control. Vancouver is giving up a B prospect, a 3rd (stats say 3rd's are more likely to never turn into an NHL player) and a 4th for retention.

Hayton is a bit of a gamble, but there are giving up gambles for him. That said he had a strong year last year (19 goals and 43 points), is still young (23), plays center, is good at faceoffs and is a two way player. Vancouver gives up Hoglander who has been inconsistent so far during his career and may need a change of scenery, Klimovich has potential and is young, was decent last year but is being benched in the AHL this year, and a 3rd round pick.

I think this team is definitely better with these swaps.

The best comp for Dube is Kunin, who was traded for a 3rd and you want to trade a 3rd, 4th, and our number one center prospect, who's worth at least a 2nd. We're losing Hoglander and Boeser so we're downgrading on wing to Dube. The team is now way worse on the wing and you paid a lot for the privilege.

Connor Murphy is not good, he's old and on a risky contract. He doesn't justify making the team worse. Boeser has had one bad season, which was pretty explainable considering what he was going through who is back to the form which he's consistently had in the past. I'm not talking his blazing-hot scoring, which is a nice bonus, but obliviously unstainable. I'm talking about his defensive play while, playing toughs and still putting up consistent top-winger points, which was doing for multiple seasons before last year. He's turning into Toffoli.

The Hayton one actually isn't bad to be honest. I was probably a little harsh. But the other two, especially the Dube were not great so this one got caught in the crossfire. I don't know if I would do it and I have a feeling Arizona wouldn't. I also really like Hoglander so you know feels. But this one could make the Canucks better and isn't crazy so sorry for the overreaction.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
Edited Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
The best comp for Dube is Kunin, who was traded for a 3rd and you want to trade a 3rd, 4th, and our number one center prospect, who's worth at least a 2nd. We're losing Hoglander and Boeser so we're downgrading on wing to Dube. The team is now way worse on the wing and you paid a lot for the privilege.

Connor Murphy is not good, he's old and on a risky contract. He doesn't justify making the team worse. Boeser has had one bad season, which was pretty explainable considering what he was going through who is back to the form which he's consistently had in the past. I'm not talking his blazing-hot scoring, which is a nice bonus, but obliviously unstainable. I'm talking about his defensive play while, playing toughs and still putting up consistent top-winger points, which was doing for multiple seasons before last year. He's turning into Toffoli.

The Hayton one actually isn't bad to be honest. I was probably a little harsh. But the other two, especially the Dube were not great so this one got caught in the crossfire. I don't know if I would do it and I have a feeling Arizona wouldn't. I also really like Hoglander so you know feels. But this one could make the Canucks better and isn't crazy so sorry for the overreaction.

Your opinion is certainly valid and you make some good points but I disagree with some of them.

Kunin was traded after having a 13 goal 22 point season with his career highest point total being 31 and goals being 15. Dube had 45 points last season and has had back to back 18 goal seasons. Although they may be comparable to a degree, I think Dube is the more valuable of the two. When it comes to cost, Ratty may be Vancouver's top rated center prospect but that says more about Vancouver's lack of center prospect depth than it does Raty's potential. Raty floor is an AHL player, his ceiling is a decent two way 3rd line player, and that is what Dube already is. So if Raty hits his celling you are getting a player around Dube's level. The 3rd is essentially paid incase as insurance as you are already getting a known value asset and Raty may not reach his ceiling, the 4th is for the retention. I feel like that's a pretty even value deal.

See I don't see Murphy as being on a risky contract at all, for a top 4 RD 4.4M is a bargain. I'm not saying Murphy is a top pairing guy but he's certainly a top 4, and his underlying numbers would certainly be better if he wasn't playing for Chicago. I think his style would be a good fit with Hughes and the difference in $ between him and Boeser would open up space for Vancouver to resign Bear. Essentially this trade allows Vancouver to trade from an area of relative strength to add a top 4 RD and a fringe top 4 RD, that is a significant boost for a team that currently has a Hronek, a bottom pair RD (Myers) and a 7th D in Friedman.
Out of curiosity, when was this one bad season for Boeser? The guy has fallen between 45-55 points in every single season he has played. Injuries aside (which are a concern), he has paced himself as a 65 point player over his career. I know his defensive game was poorer last season but overall his offensive numbers have been fairly consistent. His offensive numbers aren't bad but by adding all the additions here and substracting the players going out, I still think this team is far better after these moves.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: Reason
Your opinion is certainly valid and you make some good points but I disagree with some of them.

Kunin was traded after having a 13 goal 22 point season with his career highest point total being 31 and goals being 15. Dube had 45 points last season and has had back to back 18 goal seasons. Although they may be comparable to a degree, I think Dube is the more valuable of the two. When it comes to cost, Ratty may be Vancouver's top rated center prospect but that says more about Vancouver's lack of center prospect depth than it does Raty's potential. Raty floor is an AHL player, his ceiling is a decent two way 3rd line player, and that is what Dube already is. So if Raty hits his celling you are getting a player around Dube's level. The 3rd is essentially paid incase as insurance as you are already getting a known value asset and Raty may not reach his ceiling, the 4th is for the retention. I feel like that's a pretty even value deal.

See I don't see Murphy as being on a risky contract at all, for a top 4 RD 4.4M is a bargain. I'm not saying Murphy is a top pairing guy but he's certainly a top 4, and his underlying numbers would certainly be better if he wasn't playing for Chicago. I think his style would be a good fit with Hughes and the difference in $ between him and Boeser would open up space for Vancouver to resign Bear. Essentially this trade allows Vancouver to trade from an area of relative strength to add a top 4 RD and a fringe top 4 RD, that is a significant boost for a team that currently has a Hronek, a bottom pair RD (Myers) and a 7th D in Friedman.
Out of curiosity, when was this one bad season for Boeser? The guy has fallen between 45-55 points in every single season he has played. Injuries aside (which are a concern), he has paced himself as a 65 point player over his career. I know his defensive game was poorer last season but overall his offensive numbers have been fairly consistent. His offensive numbers aren't bad but by adding all the additions here and substracting the players going out, I still think this team is far better after these moves.

I've worked up comps for Dube, keep in mind these were traded as RFA's vs in-season with retention to be fair so that for sure would speak to increasing Dube's value.

I went back a while and we've got Burakovsky. I think he's a worse comparable than Kunin. Burakosky is 6'3", Kunin is 6'0" and Dube is 5'11". Dube is in the under sized scoring winger with questionable defence and Burakosky was large fast winger with questionable defence. I think Burakosky sets a pretty good ceiling for value here, which was a 2nd, 3rd and a sweetner. So the range is a 3rd (plus sweetener) to 2nd, and 3rd (plus a sweetener).
For interest here was the last 3 years of performance of each player on per game basis leading up to the trade and Dube's last 3 years
Dube Kunin Burakosky
g/g a/g g/g a/g g/g a/g
.22 .53 .24 .14 .19 .36
.23 .18 .26 .24 .21 .23
.22 .13 .18 .20 .16 .17

Also keep in mind Kunin was 2 year youngers during those seasons. So Idk man the more I look at it, the more Kunin looks like a great comp, but it will depend on how Dube does this year I guess? Also advance stats put Dube's defence as very bad to be clear.

I agree Raty's value isn't crazy, that's why I put it a second, which I think is fair at this point. The point about him being the top center prospect wasn't to suggest he was worth more, just more why the Canucks really shouldn't trade him.

I think in season let's say no retention 3rd and 4th with another 4th with retention.

Last season was the season I was talking about because I think the greater value of Boeser is his defensive play plus his scoring. Like I said I see him as Toffoli, who would be the comp. Personally, I'd say keep Boeser and find a way to trade Garland for the RD maybe tap 4th and 3rd you're using the Dube trade. Maybe target Jensen or TVR who I think are both better choices and there seems to be interest from Washington for a trade like that (I prefer TVR for the lower hit).

If you can get the Hayton trade done at that cost I think it's probably a smart move, but I really hate losing Hoglander.
Reason liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
I've worked up comps for Dube, keep in mind these were traded as RFA's vs in-season with retention to be fair so that for sure would speak to increasing Dube's value.

I went back a while and we've got Burakovsky. I think he's a worse comparable than Kunin. Burakosky is 6'3", Kunin is 6'0" and Dube is 5'11". Dube is in the under sized scoring winger with questionable defence and Burakosky was large fast winger with questionable defence. I think Burakosky sets a pretty good ceiling for value here, which was a 2nd, 3rd and a sweetner. So the range is a 3rd (plus sweetener) to 2nd, and 3rd (plus a sweetener).
For interest here was the last 3 years of performance of each player on per game basis leading up to the trade and Dube's last 3 years
Dube Kunin Burakosky
g/g a/g g/g a/g g/g a/g
.22 .53 .24 .14 .19 .36
.23 .18 .26 .24 .21 .23
.22 .13 .18 .20 .16 .17

Also keep in mind Kunin was 2 year youngers during those seasons. So Idk man the more I look at it, the more Kunin looks like a great comp, but it will depend on how Dube does this year I guess? Also advance stats put Dube's defence as very bad to be clear.

I agree Raty's value isn't crazy, that's why I put it a second, which I think is fair at this point. The point about him being the top center prospect wasn't to suggest he was worth more, just more why the Canucks really shouldn't trade him.

I think in season let's say no retention 3rd and 4th with another 4th with retention.

Last season was the season I was talking about because I think the greater value of Boeser is his defensive play plus his scoring. Like I said I see him as Toffoli, who would be the comp. Personally, I'd say keep Boeser and find a way to trade Garland for the RD maybe tap 4th and 3rd you're using the Dube trade. Maybe target Jensen or TVR who I think are both better choices and there seems to be interest from Washington for a trade like that (I prefer TVR for the lower hit).

If you can get the Hayton trade done at that cost I think it's probably a smart move, but I really hate losing Hoglander.

I appreciate you putting time into your response, you make some good points.

Doesn't have to be Dube the team acquires, but if Boeser were to be moved it would be wise to bring in another middle six that can replace some of what he brings. I agree Burakosky would be a more expensive addition than Dube. It probably costs a 4th for 1M retention on Dube, maybe a 3rd.
Raty I think is worth probably a late 2nd to early 3rd at this point.
As for Murphy, doesn't have to be him either. I would be completely fine with a TVR or quite a few other options, but since this team is trying to win now I do think it's an area that should have a fairly substantial upgrade if they want to try and win a round or two.
Overall I don't think we are too far off on our evaluations.

I don't have a problem with trading Garland, my issue is if it's going to cost assets to move him, especially retention. I definitely don't think this team is out of the woods when it comes to cap issues and with OEL's dead money increasing next season, I have a hard time with Vancouver having more dead money on the books. That said I also don't think it would be wise to part with significant young assets to avoid paying retention and I believe those costs would be higher than 3rd-4th round picks... tough line to walk.
SGB88 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll