Forums/Armchair-GM

Granlund TDL Discussion

Created by: yikes
Team: 2023-24 San Jose Sharks
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 14, 2023
Published: Dec. 14, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Read the descriptions of the trades before referencing the actual trades - up for discussion not trades made as statements.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
Trades
SJS
    Granlunds first 13 games as a Shark were rocky, not amazing play and his totals:
    13 games
    4 assists
    0 goals
    10 pointless games

——

Grandlunds last 9 games, he’s looked phenomenal, his play starting improving right after the Grier locker room talk. It’s not just points it’s also how he looks. His totals:
    9 games
    15 points
    5 multi point games (two 3 point games)
    3 goals
    1 pointless game

In 22 games Granlund has 19 points. He’s around (under tho) a 70 point pace. It Granlund is retained, @50%, he should return easily over a first+ at 2.5m aav for 1 more year (2 playoff runs).

Lars Eller (obviously a rounded player, not just points) had 16 points in 60 games. Returned a 2nd last TDL. Jordan Greenway had 7 points in 45 and returned OVER a 2nd.

Tyler Bertuzzi, had injury problems, was a UFA, and cost basically the same AAV as Granlund (but Granlund has 1 more year). Bertuzzi had 14 points in 30 games (obviously a different player). He received a first and fourth.

My guess is; I’d Granlund, let’s say reaches the TDL with the following Statline - which would have a slight reduction in his current performance/ pace included (to be safe):

Let’s say 50 games played (rested and needs some games for healing):
    And let’s even reduce his points by a handful.

37 points in 50 games. 2 years/ 2 playoff runs @2.5m AAV. Plays center and wing, has shown speed and agility with some amazing play and puck work.

What teams are going to be willing to offer a first + prospect?
    If you disagree sure but if all you say his “guy sucks” well his play suggests otherwise. So let’s discuss who and what?
    COL
    SJS
    1. Gulyayev, Mikhail [Reserve List]
    2. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
    Additional Details:
    KHL won’t play till 2026

Not selecting any teams top 5 prospects.

Idk if the AV’s are going to be in the market to be big buyers, idk why just a gut feeling.
    COL
      Granlund 2.5m AAV x 2y
      SJS
        I like the NYR fit a lot. More then the AVs by a mile.
        I think the Rags not only are going to be buyers, but they’re looking for a cup. The Metro is a gongshow (not in a positive way) and if they pull the Flyers they’re laughing to the 2nd round, basically a buy.

I’ve got 2 proposals for the Rangers.
        NYR
          Granlund 2.5m AAV x 2y
          SJS
          1. Sýkora, Adam
          2. 2024 2nd round pick (NYR)
          Additional Details:
          I think Grier would target Sykora, even take a discount. Let’s see how to make this work, a 1st and Sykora seems too costly, so a conditional 2nd to be a first if the Rangers make the SCF and Granlund players 50%?
          NYR
            Granlund 2.5m AAV x 2y
            SJS
            1. Goodrow, Barclay
            2. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
            Additional Details:
            To be simple let’s keep the last trades framework. But now, let’s argue the Rangers want to move Goodrow, Granlund comes cheaper and better, and gives them a little $$$ to have more wiggle room in the offseason with resigning.
            Now Goodrow never will be a waste in my eyes but financially he’s a burden if the Rangers also see they could use his term off the books. Now the Rangers need to add. Does this work better
            Adam Sykora
            *lottery protected 2024 first*
            *Conditional 2024 2nd round pick (NYR) if the Rags make the ECF?*
            Too much??
            NYR
              Granlund 2.5m AAV x 2y (50% retained)
              SJS
              COL
              1. Gulyayev, Mikhail
              2. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
              Additional Details:
              I don’t think the AV’s want to bid with the Rangers. I think:

Goodrow
              Sykora
              Conditional 2nd
              Protected first

Granlund 50% starts to make way more sense
              SJS
                Would they bid on Granlund?
                VGK
                SJS
                  Granlund also looks like a perfect fit here?
                  Would EDM try to make cap room?
                  EDM
                  Buyouts
                  Retained Salary Transactions
                  Buried
                  DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the PIT
                  Logo of the NYR
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the NJD
                  Logo of the NYR
                  Logo of the VGK
                  Logo of the PIT
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the NJD
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the WPG
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the WSH
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  Logo of the SJS
                  ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
                  21$83,500,000$82,014,168$25,000$1,145,000$1,485,832
                  Left WingCentreRight Wing
                  Logo of the San Jose Sharks
                  $3,000,000$3,000,000
                  LW, RW
                  UFA - 1
                  $5,000,000$5,000,000
                  C, RW
                  UFA - 2
                  $1,450,000$1,450,000
                  RW
                  RFA - 2
                  $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
                  LW
                  RFA - 3
                  $6,750,000$6,750,000
                  C
                  NMC
                  UFA - 7
                  $2,500,000$2,500,000
                  RW, LW
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 1
                  $4,500,000$4,500,000
                  LW
                  UFA - 1
                  $2,750,000$2,750,000
                  RW, C
                  RFA - 1
                  $775,000$775,000
                  RW
                  UFA - 1
                  Logo of the New York Rangers
                  $3,641,667$3,641,667
                  C, LW
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 4
                  $762,500$762,500
                  LD/RD
                  UFA - 1
                  $1,100,000$1,100,000
                  RW, LW
                  RFA - 1
                  Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                  $3,250,000$3,250,000
                  LD
                  UFA - 3
                  $1,100,000$1,100,000
                  LD/RD
                  UFA - 3
                  $2,750,000$2,750,000
                  G
                  UFA - 1
                  $789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
                  LD
                  RFA - 1
                  $2,750,000$2,750,000
                  LD/RD
                  UFA - 2
                  $2,350,000$2,350,000
                  G
                  UFA - 2
                  $912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
                  LD
                  RFA - 1
                  $825,000$825,000
                  RD
                  RFA - 1
                  ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
                  $800,000$800,000
                  LW, RW
                  UFA - 2
                  $7,000,000$7,000,000
                  LD/RD
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 3
                  $8,000,000$8,000,000
                  C
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 4
                  $1,250,000$1,250,000
                  RD
                  UFA - 3
                  $2,000,000$2,000,000
                  C
                  UFA - 2
                  $775,000$775,000
                  RD
                  RFA - 1
                  $775,000$775,000
                  RW, C
                  UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:08 p.m.
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  Quoting: TJTwolf
                  If he recovers by the TDL he should still be the target. The Avs are familiar with Burroughs and he's tough and actually wasn't all that bad in Denver and I was surprised he didn't get a bit more of a look. Benning, however, has the advantage of maybe being a decent RD for Byram going forward and being cheap when they almost certainly have to move Manson. Can you somehow hybridise the two over there and then trade them to us? LOL!

I think I saw it may be long term for Benning but idk.. we’ll see. But idk if the Avs would want Benning if he’s going to have only like a dozen games or hockey.

Burroughs in playing RD!
                  I admit he isn’t like a defensive god but he’s look very good, and even Quinn stated he’s been over utilizing him/ putting him in more difficult situations then maybe he should.

I think he’s been great. Idk what his value is - I think Quinn and Grier are in love with Burroughs.
                  TJTwolf liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:15 p.m.
                  Granlund has always been better than folks gave him credit for the last year or so, but I also don't think he has the value you're asking for here. Imo, he's not going to bring a first unless he keeps up this type of production for an extended period. And even then he's not bringing a first plus a Gulyayev type prospect.

The Rangers trade is optimistic but closer. Something comparable from Colorado would be a first and Johansen. Gulyayev or a first is at least somewhat reasonable, but Gulyayev and a first is not.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
                  sharks88
                  A few overpayments, but that NYR Sharks probably shouldn't do.

It might be better/more realistic for MG to use the one retention this year for Duke/AB maybe for a 2nd and then again next TDL if Granlund is still playing well.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
                  Quoting: yikes
                  I think I saw it may be long term for Benning but idk.. we’ll see. But idk if the Avs would want Benning if he’s going to have only like a dozen games or hockey.

Burroughs in playing RD!
                  I admit he isn’t like a defensive god but he’s look very good, and even Quinn stated he’s been over utilizing him/ putting him in more difficult situations then maybe he should.

I think he’s been great. Idk what his value is - I think Quinn and Grier are in love with Burroughs.

He was certainly tough enough so maybe that's what Quinn & Grier like, and yes he was RD in Colorado. IIRC at one point he had one Jacob MacDonald on his left and they didn't actually look bad.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
                  1st off Gulyayev IS a top 5 Avs prospect, 2nd Avs don’t trade 1st rd picks, they’ve done it once under the current regime and that when they got caught in a bidding war with no goalie, 3rd nobody is giving SJS a 1st for Granlund after the tire fire that was last year much less a 1st AND a guy they just picked in the first round. This year because of the cap situation of all the contenders it’s been a buyers market, but trying to stay constructive the team I wonder if they do something is AZ I don’t think a 1st is remotely possible but if he produces at the current rate somebody should bite. I would warn against using some comps, like Eller or just about anything TB does because they are willing to overpay for a specific guy for a specific reason.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
                  Love the optimism but I don’t think a hot stretch of games like this is necessarily going to restore Granlund’s value to be a 1st++. His value is closer to a top 100 pick than it is to a 1st and your top D prospect (like in the Avs trade).
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
                  Doesn’t mean GMs think the same as a fan.

Nor does it benefit the argument of saying “3 goals” when Granlund is not a goal scorer/ Ovi. So you’re really outlining to yourself what needs to be said.

Granlund is not a goal scoring shooter, he brings a totally different skill set. He’s not one dimensional - so his goal total argument that they’re using/ your defending just looks silly now .

The goal of the game is to put the puck in the net. Spending the assets valued at two 1sts for a guy who scores worse than Logan O'Conner and is not a top 6 guy, is a horrible trade and one the Avs wouldn't make. His secondary skills aren't a need for the Avs. Nice ref with the Bolts trade but, please point out a single trade the Avs have made that was that desperate. Closest is Timmins and a 1st for a top goalie in Kuemper.

Now you just being silly.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
                  Edited Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:39 p.m.
                  Doesn’t mean GMs think the same as a fan.

Nor does it benefit the argument of saying “3 goals” when Granlund is not a goal scorer/ Ovi. So you’re really outlining to yourself what needs to be said.

Granlund is not a goal scoring shooter, he brings a totally different skill set. He’s not one dimensional - so his goal total argument that they’re using/ your defending just looks silly now .

Therein lies the rub.......the part I've outlined in bold. Which can be used to both support or oppose your arguments. Certainly you've put time into it and kudos for that. However, not being nasty, that one isn't the smartest statement you've made. I could make the same comment about your beliefs about Granlund you see? You're a fan and GMs may not see it the same as you. I'm a fan and GMs may not see it the same as me. Holds no value in a debate other than its basic truth that GMs and fans often don't see things the same.

When we look at comparisons (and I've just glanced over names mentioned through the thread - Bertuzzi I'm not even commenting on as I hate even typing the name or anything even after this length of time and it being the nephew) it's always tricky. Eller was brought in (and overpaid for to my mind) to do a specific job and to me it didn't work out. Others may have a different view but I thought he was pretty much garbage (as was Sturm when the Avs tried him, regardless of being part of the cup winning team, and Brassard sometime earlier). Maybe that's just not having time to develop chemistry and that might be part of why sometimes it's better to make no move at all. BUT the Avs management SPECIFICALLY were looking for someone to do that defensive C job. Tampa specifically went after (and massively overpaid for) Jeannot to be a specific type of player with the upside of only being 24? 25? at the time and hoping his totals would bounce back somewhat. As was pointed out above about Greenway also having the age/untapped potential factor to add in, regardless of how things may have turned out (and hindsight is a very accurate science). There were also elements of team control with those guys. So I think the question is to a great degree, what SPECIFIC role is Granlund going to fill for what team? What you can then get back will depend on how badly that team feels the need to fill that role.

TheEarthmaster also makes a good point about whether the second year would be harmful to his rental value and I guess that is probably more on a 'cap fit'. For example for the Avs I would argue harmful as they are that tight against it so whilst not necessarily reducing how he's valued it would be likely to negate any chance of a trade. Doesn't get more harmful than no deal if you're wanting to move him for assets.

TDL deals (or ones approaching the TDL) are often a gamble and have us as fans shaking our heads (Jeannot even reputedly had other GMs shaking theirs but.....Chiarot anyone?) Even deals like the one for Lehkonen had Avs fans (me included) grumbling at the cost (I'm waiting for the Avs to acquire Monahan for a first and then I will officially quit CF, especially if they go on to win another cup lol). It turned out to be a great move even though more often than not it would appear they don't really pan out. It's why we're armchair GMs not the real thing after all, but from what I've seen over the years no move at all is often the best move. I think sometimes it's a 'Be seen to be doing something' action.

IF I were to put a value on Granlund it's probably a high 2nd to late 1st and maybe a middling prospect you could work with if you're lucky and if he continues to perform as he has been. His overall career will be a factor, his age, term possibly. He's better than some give him credit for but I also don't think he would bring some of the returns you're expecting above but then the teal tint to your glasses can never be totally removed any more than the burgundy one on mine no matter how hard we try to be fair lol. wink
                  TheEarthmaster liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
                  Good Opinion Haver
                  I just don’t see a world that a single 2nd for Granlund at 50% 2.5m aav mid 6C / 2C who PK’s and is multi dimensional is fair for San Jose. His plays been outstanding if we don’t even reference his production, just purely eye test. His term shouldn’t be a problem for the rangers for example because the rangers are still going to be win now next year. They’ll get over 5m from the deal in savings (including the rising cap).
                  I think if we’re just purely talking Granlund for a pick no team specific, I’ve outlined he regresses; he should go for around or atleast a first.

If Granlund keeps his production and pace - let’s say he’s at TDL with 55 points in 60 games… I mean this who post would look laughable in terms of undervaluing him.

Quoting: AStovetop
                  I think you're severely undervaluing him. I can guarantee anyone saying any of this is an overpay hasn't ACTUALLY watched him this year. OP has 50% retention ( which in reality kills any deal from the Sharks perspective) so having and high end PKer who produces at a 50-70 pt pace at 2.5 is probably the best contract in the league. Even if he drops off, with the cap is rising next year, 2.5 is a crazy small risk for a depth forward at worst, top 6 / 2C at best

You guys are saying he's a 2C but he's only a 2C *on the San Jose Sharks*. Most contending teams wouldn't be acquiring Granlund with the intention of playing him in a 2C role. On the Rangers, on Vegas, on Edmonton, he would be a 3C at best, probably a winger and very likely not in the top six.

Now it's possible for depth players to be worth a 1st round pick-ish- Coleman, Goodrow, JG Pageau. The difference is all of those guys were much younger, and most of them were dirt cheap (cap wise). One of you says it's a non-starter to retain, the other says obviously the sharks should retain if it gives the assets. This is something the Sharks brass will have to reckon with and that will greatly affect the market due to his term.

At the end of the day, rival GMs (much like rival fans being critiqued!) are not going to be tuning in every night to watch Mikael Granlund play either. They're going to be looking at the production (good!), they're going to be looking at the underlying numbers (mostly bad! though the last 9 games have been decent). And they're going to watch some tape that an intern stitches together. Then around February they'll start tuning in more. So for his value to raise, he's going to have to play this well for more than the 9 games he has. By OPs own math he hasn't had more good games than bad this year and yet his value of a first round pick is unassailable? C'mon.

And if this wasn't clear- teams can talk themselves into doing stuff all the time. The Leafs traded a 1st for Foligno. The Lightning traded a 1st for Savard. These were dumb moves, but the price was still the price. So can some GM talk himself into trading a 1st for Granlund? I'm not putting it past anyone. But if, as OP says, we're talking about what I- as the GM of a generic TDL buyer- would do: I've got Ryan Dzingel in the back of my head still and regardless I have to see more than 9 games. I can't remember a 1st round pick being traded on the basis of 9 good games before.
                  TJTwolf liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
                  and proud of it
                  Yeah no Avs declined
                  TJTwolf liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
                  14m in dead cap
                  Quoting: TheEarthmaster
                  There's a few caveats:

- Granlund has an extra year. Will that help or hurt his value, considering teams would have to fit him under the cap next year? He's not a pure rental like Eller, and it's harder to talk yourself into "untapped upside" like Greenway when the player will be 32 by the trade deadline.

- The Sharks have already used 2/3 of their retained salary slots. Retaining salary could make the extra year more palatable (and potentially drive up the price), but is it worth it for a tanking Sharks team to tie up all three of their retention spots next year to turn that 3rd into a 2nd, or a late 2nd into a late 1st?

- Hard for me not to draw comparisons between Ryan Dzingel his last year on the Sens and Granlund right now on the Sharks, which is to say that on bad teams, somebody is going to score the goals. Somebody is going to look like a top six player when really, maybe they're only a top six player because no one else is. And as soon as that player goes from a bad team to a good team, they're not getting that opportunity, and they're not going to be the big contributor they may have looked like. If I was an acquiring team it would be something I would keep in mind when a 31 year old who never cracked 70 points in his prime and looked washed last year is suddenly looking like a big piece again.

Granlund also has a history now of not performing when traded. I'd hope NHL GMs would see he's done this twice now and not trade a ton of assets for him.

2019 after being traded by the Wild to the Preds - 16 games played, 1 goal and 4 assists, then 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 playoff games.
                  2023 after being traded by the Preds to the Pens - 21 games played, 1 goal and 4 assists
                  TJTwolf liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:59 p.m.
                  Stovetop
                  You guys are saying he's a 2C but he's only a 2C *on the San Jose Sharks*. Most contending teams wouldn't be acquiring Granlund with the intention of playing him in a 2C role. On the Rangers, on Vegas, on Edmonton, he would be a 3C at best, probably a winger and very likely not in the top six.

Now it's possible for depth players to be worth a 1st round pick-ish- Coleman, Goodrow, JG Pageau. The difference is all of those guys were much younger, and most of them were dirt cheap (cap wise). One of you says it's a non-starter to retain, the other says obviously the sharks should retain if it gives the assets. This is something the Sharks brass will have to reckon with and that will greatly affect the market due to his term.

At the end of the day, rival GMs (much like rival fans being critiqued!) are not going to be tuning in every night to watch Mikael Granlund play either. They're going to be looking at the production (good!), they're going to be looking at the underlying numbers (mostly bad! though the last 9 games have been decent). And they're going to watch some tape that an intern stitches together. Then around February they'll start tuning in more. So for his value to raise, he's going to have to play this well for more than the 9 games he has. By OPs own math he hasn't had more good games than bad this year and yet his value of a first round pick is unassailable? C'mon.

And if this wasn't clear- teams can talk themselves into doing stuff all the time. The Leafs traded a 1st for Foligno. The Lightning traded a 1st for Savard. These were dumb moves, but the price was still the price. So can some GM talk himself into trading a 1st for Granlund? I'm not putting it past anyone. But if, as OP says, we're talking about what I- as the GM of a generic TDL buyer- would do: I've got Ryan Dzingel in the back of my head still and regardless I have to see more than 9 games. I can't remember a 1st round pick being traded on the basis of 9 good games before.

He's PRODUCING as a 2C. With Duclair and Zetterlund as his wingers. It's not that he's playing 2nd line minutes, it's that he's literally playing like a 2nd line Center. Also if you seriously think GMs are making trades without scouting the player you're insane. They're NOT fans, it's their job to have people look at these players and not just look at some Jfresh card or their statline. You are aware organizations have NHL scouts right?

And you're wrong, he had 8 games to start the year where the entire team was bad and he was dealing with an injury. Since then he's been consistently phenomenal on both sides of the puck.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:01 p.m.
                  Agree with you, do not really understand the people saying he's not even worth a 2nd, personally I would want a good prospect and a pick or a first and a mid round pick
                  at 2.5m with the way he has been playing that is an absolutely fair deal
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.

Sure, he's a 2c on the sharks, but how about a 3C on a true cup contender. at 2.5m that easily fetches a late first or a good prospect and a mid round pick.

I agree though, He has to play well for more than 9 games

I am sure this post is based on the premises that granny keeps playing well though
                  TheEarthmaster liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
                  Quoting: turtlemountain
                  Love the optimism but I don’t think a hot stretch of games like this is necessarily going to restore Granlund’s value to be a 1st++. His value is closer to a top 100 pick than it is to a 1st and your top D prospect (like in the Avs trade).

Respectfully, if granny plays like this up until the deadline, at 2.5m for 2 years he is worth a lot closer to two late firsts than the 100th overall pick

(before anyone kills me for saying this, I know his value isn't 2 firsts lol, just making a comparison)
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:37 p.m.
                  Yeah I stated in the post I don’t think the Avs are going to do anything major at TDL. They just seem more up in the air on what they’re shopping for

Maybe 1 of our RHD?
                  TJTwolf liked this.
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
                  I mean, if it's a 1rst you do it, but you won't convince most Sharks fans of retaining more than this year. For a 1rst, I would. Reason to keep is 1 more year and Cooch's availability next year?
                  Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
                  Bennings injury troubles have bounced back and he’s back on the IR/ LTIR.

I’d say target Burroughs

Man, if Benning is hurt, I's hate to lose Burroughs, he eats up most of the minutes at RD.
                  Dec. 15, 2023 at 1:48 a.m.
                  Quoting: Burnzie8_88_4Cup
                  Man, if Benning is hurt, I's hate to lose Burroughs, he eats up most of the minutes at RD.

Think I've only seen a couple of Sharks games this year outside of vs the Avs if I'm honest. May have to watch more to see how Burroughs is doing. Always thought he showed some promise. At least got them twice vs the Avs to watch during the hols.
                  Dec. 15, 2023 at 1:53 a.m.
                  Quoting: JayTea
                  Granlund also has a history now of not performing when traded. I'd hope NHL GMs would see he's done this twice now and not trade a ton of assets for him.

2019 after being traded by the Wild to the Preds - 16 games played, 1 goal and 4 assists, then 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 playoff games.
                  2023 after being traded by the Preds to the Pens - 21 games played, 1 goal and 4 assists

This goes with one of my caveats on TDL moves. Some players take longer to develop chemistry rather than being bad players (I'd argue it's part of what the Avs are going through atm with a bunch of new guys and the Skipper out as well as there's no question to my mind Landy is the Avs 'glue') so they aren't necessarily good additions at the TDL, whereas some can slot straight in (rare imo). They can even sometimes be a negative, not because they're bad players, just that they damage chemistry that is already there. Subtraction by addition.
                  JayTea liked this.
                  Dec. 15, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.
                  DRW2025
                  I think SJS wants to keep Duke and the rangers don’t have many other picks to add to get Duke - felt too complicated without involving a quantity of picks/ another prospect.

Way worse players, less term, traded for more last year - so hard disagree if what I outlined happens with Granlund. Hes currently near a .90 pace and I reduced it to .73 to be modest, and removed more games of his totals for “injury/ healing time”. Bertuzzi had .50 and was a UFA for a first and fourth.

Bertuzzi is a different player. Granlund was just traded for a 2nd wasn't he?

To create a post please Login or Register
                  Question:
                  Options:
                  Add Option
                  Submit Poll