Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$875,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Barron, Morgan
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (MTL)
WPG
  1. Lindholm, Elias ($2,250,000 retained)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$83,416,191$0$850,000$83,809
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,600,000$2,600,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,437,500$3,437,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 16 at 3:59 p.m.
Oh no you have summoned the windjammer. Get ready for a savard isnt worth that post.
Quoting: Black61
Oh no you have summoned the windjammer. Get ready for a savard isnt worth that post.

HAHAHAHA!!!
zk97 and SomeonesOffended liked this.
That probably gets it done but watch out here comes the typical Habs trolls saying no Montreal player has any value
Jan. 16 at 4:02 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Not bad - I like the possibility of uniting the Barrons
What would WPG think about a Ylonen-Kupari swap?
Jan. 16 at 4:03 p.m.
No interest at all in Savard, and that’s too much for him
Too much for Lindholm
Jan. 16 at 4:05 p.m.
Quoting: zk97
Not bad - I like the possibility of uniting the Barrons
What would WPG think about a Ylonen-Kupari swap?

Tell me more about Ylonen. It would be hard to part with Kupari because he can play centre with a right hand shot. Also really fast and strong on the puck. But I don't know much about Ylonen.
Jan. 16 at 4:09 p.m.
I know Savard doesn't have trade protection, but would he actually want to live in Winnipeg for the rest of his contract? The Jets have finally jettisoned veterans who didn't want to be here, so that question has to be answered.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 16 at 4:09 p.m.
Quoting: CanMerc
No to Savard, and that’s too much for him
Too much for Lindholm

Sometimes you need to overpay to get players that are needed to the lineup. WPG needs Lindholm for the cup run. Look at the lineup they are putting out tonight against the Isles. Lowry at top line centre. LOVE Lowry but he isn't a top line centre. Also the pieces going to Calgary are players that WPG can replace within the organization but also helps out Calgary.

With MTL Savard is a great addition to WPG that is lacking with a right hand shot defensmen. Also he has another year left on his contract after this year helps with the potential loss of Demelo signing elsewhere in the offseason.
Jan. 16 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
That probably gets it done but watch out here comes the typical Habs trolls saying no Montreal player has any value

I think they would probably push for kupari or Gustafsson just to have another centre as barron hasnt played much C to give them more flexibility when they do a monahan trade or look at trading evans
Jan. 16 at 4:11 p.m.
Flames have no interest in Appleton or Chibrikov. Replace them with Lucius or Lambert
Jan. 16 at 4:12 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
I know Savard doesn't have trade protection, but would he actually want to live in Winnipeg for the rest of his contract? The Jets have finally jettisoned veterans who didn't want to be here, so that question has to be answered.

A guy who is 33 playing on a stanley cup contending team would help that decision a little bit. But like you said he has no trade protection so he would have to report to WPG. Now once he gets here and gets to know the city he might really like it. It worked for Nino.
Jan. 16 at 4:13 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: Feelers4Ehlers
Tell me more about Ylonen. It would be hard to part with Kupari because he can play centre with a right hand shot. Also really fast and strong on the puck. But I don't know much about Ylonen.

Speedy, good shot, good hands, good agility, but defense lacks a bit. Hasn't gotten the TOI he should under MSL (he's playing with Pezzetta & Stephens on the 4th line) so I'm wondering whether there's a trade available for him that wouldn't be terrible for MTL
Jan. 16 at 4:18 p.m.
Sometimes you need to overpay to get players that are needed to the lineup. WPG needs Lindholm for the cup run. Look at the lineup they are putting out tonight against the Isles. Lowry at top line centre. LOVE Lowry but he isn't a top line centre. Also the pieces going to Calgary are players that WPG can replace within the organization but also helps out Calgary.

With MTL Savard is a great addition to WPG that is lacking with a right hand shot defensmen. Also he has another year left on his contract after this year helps with the potential loss of Demelo signing elsewhere in the offseason.

Savard is not an upgrade on anything we have…no to Savard at all
DeMelo will resign in WPG
Jan. 16 at 4:20 p.m.
Edited Jan. 16 at 4:33 p.m.
Quoting: zk97
Speedy, good shot, good hands, good agility, but defense lacks a bit. Hasn't gotten the TOI he should under MSL (he's playing with Pezzetta & Stephens on the 4th line) so I'm wondering whether there's a trade available for him that wouldn't be terrible for MTL

Not with WPG
As it currently stands, Barron is the only Hab player, that might be available, that I’d have interest
I’d do Chaz Lucius for Justin Barron…Lucius is still a promising prospect with similar draft position, is two years younger then Barron, and while neither player is a blue chip prospect, both have similar potential (2nd line forward and 2nd pairing D)
Jan. 16 at 4:21 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I would be happy if MTL gets that return. It would have to mean there's a pretty competitive market for Savard (Which might actually be the case).

Would WIN really be ok moving M.Barron??? Very rare for a contending team to move a roster player. They tend to just want to add. From a MTL's perspective, WIN could try for both Savard and Monahan, or maybe even Evans for PK / Faceoffs.
Jan. 16 at 4:24 p.m.
Luguber
I would love Lindholm as 2nd line C, think he would fit perfectly. Only question is if he would consider resigning with WPG.
Don't know if Savard moves the needle all that much, and not saying he isn't worth what's offered here, but I think Morgan Barron provides alot for the Jets and would be sorry to see him go.
SomeonesOffended, CanMerc, Feelers4Ehlers and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 16 at 4:28 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: CanMerc
Not with WPG
As it currently stands, Barron is the only Hab player, that might be available, that I’d have interest
I’d do Lucius for Barron

I haven't heard, nor see why, Barron for MTL would be available. Of all the Dman MTL would want to trade, Barron is far down the list. Never say never, but it for sure won't be for depth roster players or drafts picks. Barron is still considered a solid prospect. So another would be asked in return, or MTL would package him for a greater piece (Which WIN would have zero interest in doing considering they are contenders this year)
Feelers4Ehlers liked this.
Jan. 16 at 4:31 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
I would be happy if MTL gets that return. It would have to mean there's a pretty competitive market for Savard (Which might actually be the case).

Would WIN really be ok moving M.Barron??? Very rare for a contending team to move a roster player. They tend to just want to add. From a MTL's perspective, WIN could try for both Savard and Monahan, or maybe even Evans for PK / Faceoffs.

Monahan is a big NO from me. I don't trust his recent history to be a top 2 centre. WPG has a lot of left hand shot LW's. Especially with Perfetti playing LW. Barron is a really good young player but the return would help the Jets chances at winning a stanley cup. Sometimes teams need to lose good players for that to happen
Jan. 16 at 4:36 p.m.
Don’t think Savard is that much of an upgrade over what the jets currently have to justify paying that price.

I don’t hate acquiring lindholm, although the ask is high. I’d prefer to see them target a less talked about option. Chevy always pulls something out of left field.
Jan. 16 at 4:37 p.m.
Quoting: Luguber
I would love Lindholm as 2nd line C, think he would fit perfectly. Only question is if he would consider resigning with WPG.
Don't know if Savard moves the needle all that much, and not saying he isn't worth what's offered here, but I think Morgan Barron provides alot for the Jets and would be sorry to see him go.

IF he would resigning in WPG it would have to depend on how they do with the stanley cup run. Also the money and term would have to be there. Which it could be with WPG with the salary cap going up. I think if the Jets make the cup finals and the money/ term are there from WPG I can see him resigning in WPG.

I think he would be an slight improvement to Schmidt. Also having another right hand shot dman and veteran to play with Samberg or even Heinola would be a nice thing to have. Also like I said in a different post Demelo is a UFA at the end of the year and Savard has another year remaining on his contract with will help IF demelo signs elsewhere. Which I think he will. I think a team will offer him more $$$ than WPG and he would be foolish not to take that. which will suck.
Jan. 16 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
Don’t think Savard is that much of an upgrade over what the jets currently have to justify paying that price.

I don’t hate acquiring lindholm, although the ask is high. I’d prefer to see them target a less talked about option. Chevy always pulls something out of left field.

Ohh I totally think that there is a centre that Chevy will acquire that we will be shocked about. Now is that going to be good shocked like Nino was last year or is it going to be a bad shocked like when he reaquired Statsny a few years back? That scares me the most.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Jan. 16 at 4:42 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Monahan is a big NO from me. I don't trust his recent history to be a top 2 centre. WPG has a lot of left hand shot LW's. Especially with Perfetti playing LW. Barron is a really good young player but the return would help the Jets chances at winning a stanley cup. Sometimes teams need to lose good players for that to happen

imo a contending team would use Monahan in a 3C role 5v5, and for secondary special team units (both PP and PK). He's literally been one of the better face off guys in the league this year with over 600 draws at almost 58%. What a team would want to pay for that is definitely up for debate.

but to each their own. Considering WIN is currently 6th worst in face offs this year. I think there would be a realistic interest in him.
Feelers4Ehlers liked this.
Jan. 16 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
imo a contending team would use Monahan in a 3C role 5v5, and for secondary special team units (both PP and PK). He's literally been one of the better face off guys in the league this year with over 600 draws at almost 58%. What a team would want to pay for that is definitely up for debate.

but to each their own. Considering WIN is currently 6th worst in face offs this year. I think there would be a realistic interest in him.

WPG already has a great 3c in Lowry. WPG needs a 2c that if needed to could be a 1c. Lindholm is that player. Lindholm is also near the top of the league for faceoffs won. Yes Monahan is having a great year and great for MTL and him to probably allow him to be moved at the deadline for good pieces for MTL and him to go to a contender. But that team isn't WPG.
Jan. 16 at 4:53 p.m.
Winnipeg isn't overpaying for a bottom pairing defenseman with a bad contract just for extra depth.

Hard to say how high Chevy would go for a rental 2C.
Jan. 16 at 5:23 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
WPG already has a great 3c in Lowry. WPG needs a 2c that if needed to could be a 1c. Lindholm is that player. Lindholm is also near the top of the league for faceoffs won. Yes Monahan is having a great year and great for MTL and him to probably allow him to be moved at the deadline for good pieces for MTL and him to go to a contender. But that team isn't WPG.

I guess the next question would be, what if they miss out on Lindholm? I think you already mentioned that Chevy most likely gets a center. Who do they target next?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll