Published: Jan. 25, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If only I were the GM :(
Trades
EDM
  1. Jones, Martin
Additional Details:
Either Leafs lose him to waivers once Samsonov gets back to form and Woll returns or you can trade him for a pick
TOR
  1. 2026 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (BUF)
BUF
  1. Ceci, Cody
Additional Details:
Hard and heavy playstyle and a vet for that young D core
EDM
  1. Mantha, Anthony ($2,850,000 retained)
  2. van Riemsdyk, Trevor
Additional Details:
Carlson-Jensen-Bear. No space for Van Riemsdyk. They also should trade Mantha when he doesn't look like a bum (now)
WSH
  1. Janmark, Mattias
  2. Savoie, Carter
  3. 2025 1st round pick (EDM)
  4. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
EDM
CHI
  1. Broberg, Philip
  2. Campbell, Jack
  3. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
  4. 2024 6th round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Can't tell me some teams aren't high on Broberg when teams teams have been calling about him. He's NHL ready and dominates the AHL, just no space in the Oilers' D core to unlock his potential.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$78,429,167$850,000$4,200,000$5,070,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$0$0
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$325,000$325K)
RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 25 at 2:13 a.m.
I assume Leafs will run 3 goalies.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 25 at 2:25 a.m.
I think EDM should get Fleury rather than Jones.
Jan. 25 at 2:31 a.m.
I Am Score
Quoting: Vancity2196
I think EDM should get Fleury rather than Jones.

I think so aswell but I'm not confident Fleury will leave off Edmonton on his No Trade List.
Jan. 25 at 3:13 a.m.
That’s crazy if only they could run 3 solid goalies. Maybe like 2 teams that made the SCF last year…
Jan. 25 at 3:24 a.m.
Shibbal18
If they dump Ceci for cheap, id hope Buffalo takes a shot. Not giving up anything big though
Jan. 25 at 3:57 a.m.
I Am Score
Quoting: DJSums17
That’s crazy if only they could run 3 solid goalies. Maybe like 2 teams that made the SCF last year…

They were able to run them because there's no salary cap in the playoffs lol. That's just what EVERY team does is to call up more than what you need for a position just incase an injury even if you arent going to use them in the playoffs. Vegas didnt even have Thompson as he was injured already before the playoffs. Florida didn't need a 3rd as they only went with Lyon and then Bob for the rest. So unless you're just really unlucky and your main backup and starter get injured, you would never have to use your 3rd goalie in the playoffs. You just simply don't cycle 3 goalies in the playoffs without injuries lmao
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 25 at 4:07 a.m.
That is not enough to dump Campbell.
JK74, gretzkyghosts, YeahRighttt and 3 others liked this.
Jan. 25 at 4:49 a.m.
I Am Score
Quoting: Garak
That is not enough to dump Campbell.

I mean, a 1st and a former 8th overall pick who still has the potential tho.....also added a 6th because I felt a little generous. It's also much more than what LA gave up to dump both Petersen and Walker which totalled to over 7M in cap space
Jan. 25 at 5:02 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyGawd
I mean, a 1st and a former 8th overall pick who still has the potential tho.....also added a 6th because I felt a little generous. It's also much more than what LA gave up to dump both Petersen and Walker which totalled to over 7M in cap space

At this point Campbell isn't even an ECHL caliber goaltender. The Hawks are also stacked at LD with better options than Broberg so he doesn't add value in this trade.
Garak, gretzkyghosts, SomeonesOffended and 4 others liked this.
Jan. 25 at 5:13 a.m.
I Am Score
Quoting: JK74
At this point Campbell isn't even an ECHL caliber goaltender. The Hawks are also stacked at LD with better options than Broberg so he doesn't add value in this trade.

Not true. Campbell has like a .930 SV% in his last 13 games in the AHL lol. And the Hawks absolutely are not stacked at LD and they absolutely do not have "better options" than Broberg lmao. Maybe Del Mastro is something, and obviously Korchinksi is above him, but that's it. You're not gonna sit here and tell me Isaak Philips or Filip Roos or something is a better option in the present and future than Broberg.
Jan. 25 at 5:28 a.m.

Walker wasn't a dump, he was part of the price to dump salary. Also, LA took salary back in that deal which also counted toward the total value of the trade.

CHI ABSOLUTELY has better options. Vlasic is better, Korchinski is a work in progress but he is their, presumed, future #1D and is better. Then we have Tinordi, Megna, Phillips, Del Mastro, Kaiser, Allen, Roos, and some reserve LD that will be due ELC's over the next couple years.

Broberg hasn't even been able to make and stick in an Oilers NHL squad that has DESPERATELY needed defensemen at multiple points over the last couple years. Even if he were still a viable prospect, there are lots of things CHI needs and LD is not one of them. If he is so valuable, just give us another 1st and keep him for yourselves.
JK74, YeahRighttt, SociallyHawkward and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 25 at 5:57 a.m.
I Am Score
Walker wasn't a dump, he was part of the price to dump salary. Also, LA took salary back in that deal which also counted toward the total value of the trade.

CHI ABSOLUTELY has better options. Vlasic is better, Korchinski is a work in progress but he is their, presumed, future #1D and is better. Then we have Tinordi, Megna, Phillips, Del Mastro, Kaiser, Allen, Roos, and some reserve LD that will be due ELC's over the next couple years.

Broberg hasn't even been able to make and stick in an Oilers NHL squad that has DESPERATELY needed defensemen at multiple points over the last couple years. Even if he were still a viable prospect, there are lots of things CHI needs and LD is not one of them. If he is so valuable, just give us another 1st and keep him for yourselves.

Walker was a dump. He was **** in LA last season and was getting blasted by fans, he was not good and his nearly 3M cap hit did not help.

Vlasic is not better. Youre not going to compare a dman who averages 20+ mins a game to a guy who's not at fault for always getting 8 mins per night on a contending team because the vets were preferably more used. Aside from Korchinski, none of the guys you mentioned have anything close to Broberg's potential lol.

And you saying he hasnt been able to make the roster because the Oilers have needed it is untrue. The Oilers have not needed a LD. The Oilers had Nurse, Keith, Kulak in 2021 when he was first available to get called up. And then Ekholm came to replace Keith. Not his fault the Oilers on LD just kept being good. And back to Broberg not being able to make the team, none of the Hawks' LD even gets considered in the Oilers LD core if 1 of the LD goes down.

Don't think about what you, as a fan, wants. Think about how a GM thinks. They see a 1st and "Philip Broberg, the former 8th overall pick" and they'll think it's enough. Specially with Broberg's skating as a dman, GM's will drool over that with the current trend of top dman being great skaters. Again, it's not about what YOU want, it's about what your GM wants.
Jan. 25 at 6:21 a.m.
Walker was a dump. He was **** in LA last season and was getting blasted by fans, he was not good and his nearly 3M cap hit did not help.

Vlasic is not better. Youre not going to compare a dman who averages 20+ mins a game to a guy who's not at fault for always getting 8 mins per night on a contending team because the vets were preferably more used. Aside from Korchinski, none of the guys you mentioned have anything close to Broberg's potential lol.

And you saying he hasnt been able to make the roster because the Oilers have needed it is untrue. The Oilers have not needed a LD. The Oilers had Nurse, Keith, Kulak in 2021 when he was first available to get called up. And then Ekholm came to replace Keith. Not his fault the Oilers on LD just kept being good. And back to Broberg not being able to make the team, none of the Hawks' LD even gets considered in the Oilers LD core if 1 of the LD goes down.

Don't think about what you, as a fan, wants. Think about how a GM thinks. They see a 1st and "Philip Broberg, the former 8th overall pick" and they'll think it's enough. Specially with Broberg's skating as a dman, GM's will drool over that with the current trend of top dman being great skaters. Again, it's not about what YOU want, it's about what your GM wants.

I am thinking about what the GM thinks. You are the one who seems to only be thinking about trimming EDM's fat, while completely disregarding the needs of teams you are proposing a deal with. My thoughts on this subject have nothing to do with fandom and are an educated supposition based on what Kyle Davidson has done and said since taking over as GM.

More LD would be the last thing CHI needs. Also, Do you know why they kept going out getting more LD, pushing Broberg further down the depth chart? Because he isn't good enough. KD doesn't want your overvaluations on underperforming prospects. He will not value him as highly as you seem to. Quit trying to pawn off your struggling prospects as having high value.

The fact that you think Broberg is better than Vlasic shows how little you know.
JK74, T0R, YeahRighttt and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 25 at 6:31 a.m.
Sorry, I traded for Ceci yesterday and it was a 5th.
Jan. 25 at 6:38 a.m.
I Am Score
I am thinking about what the GM thinks. You are the one who seems to only be thinking about trimming EDM's fat, while completely disregarding the needs of teams you are proposing a deal with. My thoughts on this subject have nothing to do with fandom and are an educated supposition based on what Kyle Davidson has done and said since taking over as GM.

More LD would be the last thing CHI needs. Also, Do you know why they kept going out getting more LD, pushing Broberg further down the depth chart? Because he isn't good enough. KD doesn't want your overvaluations on underperforming prospects. He will not value him as highly as you seem to. Quit trying to pawn off your struggling prospects as having high value.

The fact that you think Broberg is better than Vlasic shows how little you know.

We'll just agree to disagree then and leave it at that and that's fine.
Jan. 25 at 6:47 a.m.
“Some teams have been calling on Broberg”?? That’s not the situation as I have heard it. Broberg has wanted out & made it know so. Oilers gave his agent permission to seek a trade & no team has ponnyed up to get him. It doesn’t help a players value when he gets healthy scratched & returned to the AHL. “Dominates the AHL”?? You’d make quite the hype man, I’ll give you that.
Hawks decline.
Garak, JK74, T0R and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 25 at 6:50 a.m.
We'll just agree to disagree then and leave it at that and that's fine.

Me telling you the reality of the situation and you choosing to ignore it isn't "agreeing to disagree." That's just you trying to convince me that CHI should give EDM something for nothing.
Jan. 25 at 7:40 a.m.
You've made the defense worse. It that how championships are won?
Jan. 25 at 7:58 a.m.
Teams need Goaltending & Jones is a cost effective guy who can give you a .900+ for less then a mil, a 6th is insulting, Leafs will use every advantage to squeeze as much value out of Jones as they can, probably looking for a 3rd or 4th with the market for teams that need Tendys with easily fitting cap hits

Also Broberg isn’t much of a Top prospect anymore, He’s made it known he demanded a trade & no team has met those demands, he is a declining asset with each passing day
SomeonesOffended, YeahRighttt, JK74 and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 25 at 8:49 a.m.
I Am Score
Quoting: T0R
Teams need Goaltending & Jones is a cost effective guy who can give you a .900+ for less then a mil, a 6th is insulting, Leafs will use every advantage to squeeze as much value out of Jones as they can, probably looking for a 3rd or 4th with the market for teams that need Tendys with easily fitting cap hits

Also Broberg isn’t much of a Top prospect anymore, He’s made it known he demanded a trade & no team has met those demands, he is a declining asset with each passing day

I literally said Jones for a 3rd lol.

Broberg also hasn't asked for a trade. His agent did. Broberg only wanted to play hockey because he was kept off games for like 20 games straight so he just wanted to be sent down.
CD282 and Oilers_29 liked this.
Jan. 25 at 9:19 a.m.
I literally said Jones for a 3rd lol.

Broberg also hasn't asked for a trade. His agent did. Broberg only wanted to play hockey because he was kept off games for like 20 games straight so he just wanted to be sent down.

Hahahaha. So his agent did but Broberg had nothing to do with it? Yeah, that happens a lot where an agent does something the player he/she is representing doesn’t want & doesn’t get fired as a result. Once again I acknowledge your persistence but WOW, man the hole you’ve digging is getting pretty deep & it doesn’t smell to pleasant either.
Snowhawk18 and JK74 liked this.
Jan. 25 at 9:29 a.m.
I Am Score
Quoting: YeahRighttt
Hahahaha. So his agent did but Broberg had nothing to do with it? Yeah, that happens a lot where an agent does something the player he/she is representing doesn’t want & doesn’t get fired as a result. Once again I acknowledge your persistence but WOW, man the hole you’ve digging is getting pretty deep & it doesn’t smell to pleasant either.

You could....literally look up the reports buddy. He didn't ask for it at all, he just wanted to play hockey. His agent was the one who talked to other teams and how would he have done that if "no team has ponnyed up to get him"? It also is literally reported that a lot of teams have been calling about Broberg. I don't make stuff up but looks like you do. I also acknowledge your confidence but you've just been talking through your interests as a fan while I've been talking about what is actually reported and actually factual lol.
Jan. 25 at 9:39 a.m.
You could....literally look up the reports buddy. He didn't ask for it at all, he just wanted to play hockey. His agent was the one who talked to other teams and how would he have done that if "no team has ponnyed up to get him"? It also is literally reported that a lot of teams have been calling about Broberg. I don't make stuff up but looks like you do. I also acknowledge your confidence but you've just been talking through your interests as a fan while I've been talking about what is actually reported and actually factual lol.

I have, pal. None of them jive w/the narrative you’ve trying to sell.
JK74 liked this.
Jan. 25 at 10:25 a.m.
Here is the deal. Hawks are not going to value Borberg as highly as you think because LD is a position of strength in the organization. So you are gonna have to switch him out for an equally high valued forward prospect. Since I don't think there are any top RD prospects in the Edmonton system.
JK74 liked this.
Jan. 25 at 10:37 a.m.
caps accept
gretzkyghosts liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll