SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Who says No

Created by: Kozy87
Published: Jan. 26 at 4:25 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 83/192 (43%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Monahan, SeanMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,985,000011---48132134--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Stanley, LoganWinnipeg JetsNHL-$1,000,000011---7000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,504,1672346734916
Change$985,000000000
Final$5,489,167 (↑)2346734916-13-21-34

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Stanley, LoganWinnipeg JetsNHL-$432,292011---7000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Monahan, SeanMontreal CanadiensNHL-$858,099011---48132134--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,186,3762345603611
Change-$425,807000000
Final$760,569 (↓)2345603611132134
Jan. 26 at 4:32 p.m.
Montreal, That’s almost no value for Montreal.
BigOlJetAirliner, Dutchies, Campabee and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 26 at 4:44 p.m.
Montreal don't need any defense prospect or player and will look for forward so this is an no.
Campabee and Just_A_Guess liked this.
Jan. 26 at 4:54 p.m.
missing a first round pick
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Jan. 26 at 5:31 p.m.
Winnipeg says no. Stanley is depth. Monahan serves no purpose for Winnipeg.
Jan. 26 at 5:53 p.m.
any chance ur stuff was laced with pcp?
Jan. 26 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Winnipeg says no. Stanley is depth. Monahan serves no purpose for Winnipeg.

I know your schtick is to decline everything involving Winnipeg, but Monahan at worst is much better depth than a horrible AHL caliber dman like Stanley
BigOlJetAirliner, Campabee, Just_A_Guess and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 26 at 6:28 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
No way the homer Winnipeg guy said no to that.
Jan. 26 at 6:36 p.m.
Quoting: mv21227
I know your schtick is to decline everything involving Winnipeg, but Monahan at worst is much better depth than a horrible AHL caliber dman like Stanley

Winnipeg has Stanley to use as a healthy scratch. They have no incentive to replace him with another healthy scratch for Winnipeg, in Monahan.
Jan. 26 at 6:40 p.m.
Winnipeg has Stanley to use as a healthy scratch. They have no incentive to replace him with another healthy scratch for Winnipeg, in Monahan.

Monahan would help improve the Jets 23rd ranked PP, and can still be a solid 3rd liner for them. Absolute worst case scenario he’s an infinite times better depth option than Stanley, who’s absolutely awful
Kozy87, Dom1422, Campabee and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 26 at 6:54 p.m.
Quoting: mv21227
Monahan would help improve the Jets 23rd ranked PP, and can still be a solid 3rd liner for them. Absolute worst case scenario he’s an infinite times better depth option than Stanley, who’s absolutely awful

No, Monahan can't. He's not a play driver at 5 on 5 or on the PP. He's a net front guy on the PP, that relies on others to do the work for him. That isn't Winnipeg's problem on the PP.

He also isn't good enough defensively to play on the 3rd line or in the bottom 6 for that matter. Winnipeg uses their 3rd line to play against the opposition's top line quite a bit. Something Monahan isn't at all suited for. All of Winnipeg's current 3rd line, Lowry, Niederreiter and Appleton are better in that role than Monahan could ever hope to be and produce about the same points even strength.

Leaving Monahan fighting for 4th line time.

Stanley isn't much, but the Jets already know how to shelter him. Why mess with one of the best teams with one of the best defenses in the league to add a player that is worthless to them.

The Jets just stick with the devil they know.
Jan. 26 at 8:16 p.m.
No, Monahan can't. He's not a play driver at 5 on 5 or on the PP. He's a net front guy on the PP, that relies on others to do the work for him. That isn't Winnipeg's problem on the PP.

He also isn't good enough defensively to play on the 3rd line or in the bottom 6 for that matter. Winnipeg uses their 3rd line to play against the opposition's top line quite a bit. Something Monahan isn't at all suited for. All of Winnipeg's current 3rd line, Lowry, Niederreiter and Appleton are better in that role than Monahan could ever hope to be and produce about the same points even strength.

Stanley isn't much, but the Jets already know how to shelter him. Why mess with one of the best teams with one of the best defenses in the league to add a player that is worthless to them.

You didn’t actually write a paragraph trying to explain your terrible take did you? Btw nobody reading that.
Jan. 27 at 9:06 p.m.

My friend… I’ve never seen such a delusional fan in my life. Any GM who says no to monahan for Logan goddamn Stanley is getting fired on the spot.
Jan. 28 at 1:43 p.m.
This has to be a first for capfriendly. A Monahan deal that actually undervalues him rather than grossly overvaluing him.
Feb. 26 at 8:00 p.m.
Winnipeg says no.

He also isn't good enough defensively... All of Winnipeg's current 3rd line, Lowry, Niederreiter and Appleton are better in that role than Monahan could ever hope to be and produce about the same points even strength.

Monahan serves no purpose for Winnipeg.

I've been thinking about you my friend, how do you feel about Monahan now?
Feb. 26 at 8:04 p.m.
Quoting: ThundyBlundy
Monahan serves no purpose for Winnipeg.

I've been thinking about you my friend, how do you feel about Monahan now?

I'm still not sold on him. The Jets haven't improved really since they got him, so he's about what I expected. Not much of an improvement over anything the Jets didn't already have.
Feb. 26 at 8:16 p.m.
I'm still not sold on him. The Jets haven't improved really since they got him, so he's about what I expected. Not much of an improvement over anything the Jets didn't already have.

brother he scored 25% of the Jets goals since joining the team... 21% if you count last game where he was out sick... I don't believe you don't think he's made the jets any better.
Feb. 26 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: ThundyBlundy
brother he scored 25% of the Jets goals since joining the team... 21% if you count last game where he was out sick... I don't believe you don't think he's made the jets any better.

Well I'm just looking at record. The Jets aren't any better since he arrived, not that it is his fault, but he hasn't made the Jets better yet, which is as I said.

On the plus side, It took him a few games to get going, but I have been impressed with his scoring so far.

It's still early, early days though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll