$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 2 at 6:19 p.m.
No from ANA. One of Slaf, Reinbacher, or MTL ‘24 first will be a requirement to even consider moving Z. Not interested in a bunch of smaller assets when the team’s needs are top 6 wingers and #1RD. The only way this trade impacts ANA’s needs is by subtracting yet another top 6 winger.

Kudos for trying to make it valuable with all the picks and Barron, but multiple smaller pieces don’t cut it for ANA
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 2 at 6:27 p.m.
Representing the 505
If the Avs weren't going to pay a 1st for Lindy or Mony, they definitely aren't going to do it for a backup G and a fourth liner.
MeetYourMakar, OldNYIfan, Xqb15a and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Edmonton passes but it's close. I'm just not fully sold that Savard can return to form but again they might take that deal
Feb. 2 at 6:35 p.m.
In my opinion, that's too much for Zegras.
I would not do it
Andy_Dick liked this.
Feb. 2 at 6:39 p.m.
Quoting: NMAvsFan
If the Avs weren't going to pay a 1st for Lindy or Mony, they definitely aren't going to do it for a backup G and a fourth liner.

How about Dvorak for a 1st? tears of joy
OldNYIfan, Xqb15a, TJTwolf and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 2 at 6:43 p.m.
NYR isn’t dumping g Goodrow and certainly not doing business with MTL
Feb. 2 at 8:26 p.m.
Quoting: Jded
No from ANA. One of Slaf, Reinbacher, or MTL ‘24 first will be a requirement to even consider moving Z. Not interested in a bunch of smaller assets when the team’s needs are top 6 wingers and #1RD. The only way this trade impacts ANA’s needs is by subtracting yet another top 6 winger.

Kudos for trying to make it valuable with all the picks and Barron, but multiple smaller pieces don’t cut it for ANA

Ok I know you don't want to move Zegras but this is 4 1sts + worth of value, you can't be too serious with your comment that the Ducks would actually say no, can you?! Barron + any of those 1sts would be enough value wise (except for the fact that the Ducks don't need RHD).

Quoting: NYR1983
NYR isn’t dumping g Goodrow and certainly not doing business with MTL

Why would NYR not do business with the Habs? Do you really think he would be so childish as to not trade with the Habs? That would be bad business and 30 other GM's would tell him to grow the F up. Besides why should Drury be upset at all, it's not like he lost his job as GM to Gorton.
Andy_Dick and NMAvsFan liked this.
Feb. 2 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Ok I know you don't want to move Zegras but this is 4 1sts + worth of value, you can't be too serious with your comment that the Ducks would actually say no, can you?! Barron + any of those 1sts would be enough value wise (except for the fact that the Ducks don't need RHD).

Why would NYR not do business with the Habs? Do you really think he would be so childish as to not trade with the Habs? That would be bad business and 30 other GM's would tell him to grow the F up. Besides why should Drury be upset at all, it's not like he lost his job as GM to Gorton.

I’m not sure but these are the reports coming from MTL. It may even be the other way around. No clue, just going by the reports. Maybe it was even a MTL cover up that CD wouldn’t pay a 1st for Monahan. Who knows
Feb. 2 at 8:36 p.m.
Quoting: NYR1983
I’m not sure but these are the reports coming from MTL. It may even be the other way around. No clue, just going by the reports. Maybe it was even a MTL cover up that CD wouldn’t pay a 1st for Monahan. Who knows

These kinds of things seem far fetched to me, why would any GM (even Montreal and Boston) refuse to trade with another on? That hurts relationships with all the GM's across the league not to mention never gives their own team 100% of the attention they deserve. These kinds of reports just make me laugh and shake my head.
Feb. 2 at 10:10 p.m.

Let me turn it around on you to see if it makes more sense. What if we offered MTL all of the picks from 28th-31st (4 1sts) in the ‘24 draft for Suzuki. Would you take it?

The issue isn’t about value. It’s about value that’s rightly placed where the team has needs. ANA needs top 6 wingers and #1RHD. Barron tops out on the middle pair (I.e. where we already have Luneau), and late first round picks veeeeery rarely pan out to a consistent 60pt scorer that’s still improving (especially with the Ducks history of drafting with late 1sts over the last 10-15 years). In this trade, we lose someone at a position we need to be targeting, and replace it with late 1st dart throws.

Maybe it adds ‘asset value’ to the org (debatable btw), but the team will be in a worse position to go contend because they’re adding gaps in meaningful positions rather than filling them with this trade
Feb. 2 at 11:59 p.m.
Let me turn it around on you to see if it makes more sense. What if we offered MTL all of the picks from 28th-31st (4 1sts) in the ‘24 draft for Suzuki. Would you take it?

The issue isn’t about value. It’s about value that’s rightly placed where the team has needs. ANA needs top 6 wingers and #1RHD. Barron tops out on the middle pair (I.e. where we already have Luneau), and late first round picks veeeeery rarely pan out to a consistent 60pt scorer that’s still improving (especially with the Ducks history of drafting with late 1sts over the last 10-15 years). In this trade, we lose someone at a position we need to be targeting, and replace it with late 1st dart throws.

Maybe it adds ‘asset value’ to the org (debatable btw), but the team will be in a worse position to go contend because they’re adding gaps in meaningful positions rather than filling them with this trade

Again you can't be serious, you have the 3rd OVA pick in the upcoming draft (at worst it drops to 5th) that means you are getting one of Celebrini, Demidov, Eiserman, Levshunov or Lindstrom (literally filling one of the 2 holes you mentioned) add to it 3 more 1sts you can either draft with or combine together for another top 10-15 pick in this draft or even better for the Ducks, package 1 of those 1sts with Barron to send to another team for a forward and select Levshunov with the 3rd pick. The options are quite literally limitless if you are getting 4 1st round picks worth of value for a guy who's value tops out at about a 1st + 2nd + 3rd maybe 2 1sts and a 3rd. As I previously said though and maybe I wasn't clear enough, value wise this is a serious overpayment, fit wise probably not acceptable to include Barron but you sure as hell aren't getting a former 1st over all pick 2 years removed or the top RHD prospect from the last draft (for those who say a Zegras trade starts with Slaf or Reinbacher +) for a 60 ish point forward whose own team doesn't believe he is a top 6 center.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Feb. 3 at 10:54 a.m.
Representing the 505
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
How about Dvorak for a 1st? tears of joy

Sold!
MeetYourMakar liked this.
Feb. 3 at 11:18 a.m.
Again you can't be serious, you have the 3rd OVA pick in the upcoming draft (at worst it drops to 5th) that means you are getting one of Celebrini, Demidov, Eiserman, Levshunov or Lindstrom (literally filling one of the 2 holes you mentioned) add to it 3 more 1sts you can either draft with or combine together for another top 10-15 pick in this draft or even better for the Ducks, package 1 of those 1sts with Barron to send to another team for a forward and select Levshunov with the 3rd pick. The options are quite literally limitless if you are getting 4 1st round picks worth of value for a guy who's value tops out at about a 1st + 2nd + 3rd maybe 2 1sts and a 3rd. As I previously said though and maybe I wasn't clear enough, value wise this is a serious overpayment, fit wise probably not acceptable to include Barron but you sure as hell aren't getting a former 1st over all pick 2 years removed or the top RHD prospect from the last draft (for those who say a Zegras trade starts with Slaf or Reinbacher +) for a 60 ish point forward whose own team doesn't believe he is a top 6 center.

I gotta love how you completely dodged answering the analogy directly. Yes, 3OA will address 1 of 2 needs. But then by moving Z for neither, we’re right back where we started with 2 holes

Could your trade offer maybe be turned into something to address those needs? Sure. But if this dude wanted real world feedback on the trade, this was it. This isn’t Chel. You don’t trade Z for a package you hope to then turn into someone like.. Z. Also, you went straight back to arguing about value when I literally said ‘the issue isn’t about value”. It can’t be that crazy of a concept that teams have needs they’re trying to fill, so even if value is reasonable for a trade, if it doesn’t address a need, it just doesn’t make sense. I’m not sure how to say it more simply

Also, Z absolutely is top 6 center material. We’re just spoiled with Leo Carlsson and Mason McTavish, so he makes much more sense on the wing.

I’m not sure what your end goal here is, but if you want to know ANA perspective on Z, it’s that we love him and he fills a need for us in the top 6 and he’s RFA controlled on a deal we are happy with. If someone wants to trade for him, that offer will both 1) have to have enough value to be worthwhile, 2) provide a return we actually need or hell no. Our hands aren’t tied here, and we really like the player. This ain’t it, no matter how many more 3rd line quality assets get added to it. I wish you well
Feb. 3 at 12:06 p.m.
3 1st for Zegras is a massive overpayment
Campabee liked this.
Feb. 3 at 12:54 p.m.
I gotta love how you completely dodged answering the analogy directly. Yes, 3OA will address 1 of 2 needs. But then by moving Z for neither, we’re right back where we started with 2 holes

Could your trade offer maybe be turned into something to address those needs? Sure. But if this dude wanted real world feedback on the trade, this was it. This isn’t Chel. You don’t trade Z for a package you hope to then turn into someone like.. Z. Also, you went straight back to arguing about value when I literally said ‘the issue isn’t about value”. It can’t be that crazy of a concept that teams have needs they’re trying to fill, so even if value is reasonable for a trade, if it doesn’t address a need, it just doesn’t make sense. I’m not sure how to say it more simply

Also, Z absolutely is top 6 center material. We’re just spoiled with Leo Carlsson and Mason McTavish, so he makes much more sense on the wing.

I’m not sure what your end goal here is, but if you want to know ANA perspective on Z, it’s that we love him and he fills a need for us in the top 6 and he’s RFA controlled on a deal we are happy with. If someone wants to trade for him, that offer will both 1) have to have enough value to be worthwhile, 2) provide a return we actually need or hell no. Our hands aren’t tied here, and we really like the player. This ain’t it, no matter how many more 3rd line quality assets get added to it. I wish you well

I didn't avoid the analogy, it's not entirely the same thing. Suzuki is our #1C and captain, Z is not your top C he is a top 6 winger. A similar analogy would be trading Slaf for 4 1sts worth of value and while it would hurt it would definitely be worth it in the long run cause we can flip some of those assets to another team to cover the loss as I previously said.
Feb. 3 at 2:31 p.m.
I didn't avoid the analogy, it's not entirely the same thing. Suzuki is our #1C and captain, Z is not your top C he is a top 6 winger. A similar analogy would be trading Slaf for 4 1sts worth of value and while it would hurt it would definitely be worth it in the long run cause we can flip some of those assets to another team to cover the loss as I previously said.

No analogy is entirely the same thing, that’s why it’s an analogy. You can pick it apart the differences, but the point remains true. Z fills a need for ANA that late 1sts don’t replace. Suzuki fills a need for MTL that late 1sts don’t replace

Let’s say we made it 5 late firsts for Suzuki, how about then? My guess is still no. Why? Because it doesn’t make sense to move a core young player on your team that fills an important need for a bunch of late 1sts, regardless of whether that is at center (which Z has played plenty of this year btw), #1LW, LD, Goalie, you name it.

Teams don’t ram trades down other teams throats, both have to feel like it’s right for them. This just ain’t it. I’m honestly not sure how that isn’t clear when you’ll find zero Ducks pov’s thinking this makes remotely any sense

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll