SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(ANA/TBL/EDM) - Henrique, Carrick, 2024 7th (ANA) for Taylor, 2024 7th (TBL), 2025 5th (TBL) for 2024 1st (EDM), 2025 4th (EDM), 2025 5th (EDM)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 6 at 5:00 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Is everyone sure the GMs know that the trade deadline is Friday? There have been 6 trades in the last 24 hours with some big names coming off the board
Mar. 6 at 5:12 p.m.
TrevorA
Fair Deal. EDM get two pieces they need and Henrique is having a very good year, so a 1st makes sense given what Monahan got Traded for comparatively
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 6 at 5:31 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Good for Anaheim, although as a Ducks fan I was hoping that this package would get a teeny tiny bit more.

Good for the players, because now they have a chance to win a Stanley Cup, and they deserve it (God knows Henrique put in enough time!).

Good for Edmonton, because both players should make significant contributions to their playoff campaign.

BAD for Vancouver and Los Angeles, because both teams would have been better off if these two players had gone anywhere else.
oilersguy liked this.
Mar. 6 at 6:06 p.m.
Great trade for the Oilers, now they just need to grab a 7th dman
Mar. 6 at 6:07 p.m.
Quoting: Kodiak51
This might be the Oiler's only move. Not sure if this was the best one to make.

There is zero chance they go into the playoffs in the MCDRAI era with this current D corps. They can still take on salary and move out a player like Ceci.

Quoting: sacrilicious
Great trade for the Oilers, now they just need to grab a 7th dman

They need someone on the right.
Mar. 6 at 6:08 p.m.
Facilitate a deal yuck !
Mar. 6 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
Facilitate a deal yuck !

Too good to sell
Too bad to buy.

Tampa entering this deadline as a broker.
Mar. 6 at 6:19 p.m.
Quoting: PurpleHippo
We're supposedly still going for a RHD.

I thought they were going to look for a rental backup goalie. Or are they happy with Pickard now? I guess he's been doing pretty well. 2nd place isn't necessarily safe yet, but ideally they should be playing him more down the stretch to give Skinner a bit of a rest.
Mar. 6 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
Too good to sell
Too bad to buy.

Tampa entering this deadline as a broker.

It's just feels dirty
Rangsey liked this.
Mar. 6 at 6:57 p.m.
Quoting: Ken
What is defense and goaltending?

Ken Holland probably
Mar. 6 at 7:14 p.m.
SkateOrDie
What is with that wild conditional. a 5th turns into a 4th if they win the cup ..... wow, like who cares!

And TB, tell me you're not trying to win without telling me you're not trying to win. Why the hell would you help out another team with their cap when you are going into the playoffs. That makes no sense.
Especially for that return!
Mar. 6 at 7:22 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Win win my opinion. Fills needs of oiler and ducks
Mar. 6 at 7:29 p.m.
hes dynamite
henrique has averaged 60gp 20g 20a for the entirety of the anaheim contract (including this year), and they got a 1st & 4th. seems like a Anaheim win, they got everything they expected from him for this year and also get alot of return value
Mar. 6 at 7:32 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
What is with that wild conditional. a 5th turns into a 4th if they win the cup ..... wow, like who cares!

And TB, tell me you're not trying to win without telling me you're not trying to win. Why the hell would you help out another team with their cap when you are going into the playoffs. That makes no sense.
Especially for that return!

Probably the smartest decision. They're got 8.5 in cap space with Sergachev out for the year. They have no picks or prospects, but they've got a good late 20s core that will probably rebound next year. Sergachev back, full health vasy back. Retool in the off and go again next year.
LordStanlersCup liked this.
Mar. 6 at 7:39 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Probably the smartest decision. They're got 8.5 in cap space with Sergachev out for the year. They have no picks or prospects, but they've got a good late 20s core that will probably rebound next year. Sergachev back, full health vasy back. Retool in the off and go again next year.

so they are just mailing it in and giving it up is what you are saying, because that's what the trade says.
Mar. 6 at 8:34 p.m.
so they are just mailing it in and giving it up is what you are saying, because that's what the trade says.

No. They're just trusting the lineup they've got. They've gone all in every year since forever ago. What else do you want them to do?
Mar. 6 at 8:41 p.m.
SkateOrDie
No. They're just trusting the lineup they've got. They've gone all in every year since forever ago. What else do you want them to do?

I don't know, not help one of the top teams in the western conference who they might meet at the cup for a 4th round pick?
Mar. 6 at 9:03 p.m.
I don't know, not help one of the top teams in the western conference who they might meet at the cup for a 4th round pick?

Do you look at it that way or do you look at is as a free pick.
Mar. 7 at 12:58 a.m.
Quoting: jr400
I thought they were going to look for a rental backup goalie. Or are they happy with Pickard now? I guess he's been doing pretty well. 2nd place isn't necessarily safe yet, but ideally they should be playing him more down the stretch to give Skinner a bit of a rest.

Campbell is still an option. He’s been better in the minors after he lost his confidence towards the end before waivers. Holland confirmed he’s an option when they can carry 3 goalies in the post season.
Mar. 7 at 9:18 a.m.
feelsbadman
If EDM wins the cup will everyone change their vote?
Mar. 7 at 9:50 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
ANA wins this trade...
Mar. 7 at 10:12 a.m.
Quoting: jr400

Pickard has been a fine backup, I don't know if any affordable goalie on the market would really be a clear cut upgrade with how he's been playing.
Plus Holland and our coaching staff have come out and said they have confidence in our tandem.
Mar. 7 at 12:18 p.m.
Not the players I would have targeted personally if I were EDM but they certainly aren't bad options. Curious to see if they do anything else of note.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit