SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(WSH/TOR) - Edmundson for 2024 3rd (NYI), 2025 5th (CHI)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 7 at 12:01 p.m.
JT Miller for Hart
Caps won this trade. Great asset management by them.
Mar. 7 at 12:02 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Wish Joel would have come to wpg! Fair trade imo, Joel is very underrated
vmark liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:03 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Because you doubted that proof without any real proof. Make an argument with facts and I will take what you say seriously.

You didn't provide any, you just said any previous SC winners analytics are elite. Broad statement, no context. I'm not going to do the hard work for you.
Mar. 7 at 12:03 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
How many series did the analytic crowd win?

Dubas was never an analytic GM, and Toronto was never built using Analytics, they used a mixed of analytics and scouting.
Mar. 7 at 12:06 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
We used analytics for 5 years under Dubas, where did it take us?

I completely agree. The small players with raw talent didn't work, a different strategy is worth it

5 Playoff appearances

Weren't you one of Dubas greatest critics on here when he was the Leafs GM for not making it past the first round?
If that's the case, it seems almost self-contradictory that the bar for success is now 5 playoff appearances.
Brad_Treliving liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:08 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: LeafsForLife
I completely agree. The small players with raw talent didn't work, a different strategy is worth it

Weren't you one of Dubas greatest critics on here when he was the Leafs GM for not making it past the first round?
If that's the case, it seems almost self-contradictory that the bar for success is now 5 playoff appearances.

I didn't like the moves Dubas made you are absolutely correct. He's not an analytic GM, but he did use analytics and they worked for the most part. He just never built the correct team and stuck with a core of fraud *****'s. Not sure what your argument there is about.
Mar. 7 at 12:10 p.m.
Evans truther
So all in all at this time dropped 5 slots in the third and gained 2 rounds (2024 7th to 2025 5th) to retain under a million bucks.
Far from a blockbuster but at least they recoup most of the investment spent in the first place on Eddy.

One retention slot left for Washington.
Mar. 7 at 12:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mv21227
Brad Treliving really isn’t good at this whole GM thing

Or u just dont get how playoffs work. These are the kind of D teams like and who go help them

He already won a cup with STL lul

6'5 221 pounds whose physical and clears the front of the net. Thats what teams want

Its like FLA last year with Gudas
Mar. 7 at 12:12 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I know it's unpopular, but I really like Edmundson. Was very jealous when Montreal picked him up. He's dirt cheap and the exact kind of defenseman we need. Don't like the price, but I really like the fit
Saskleaf and Brad_Treliving liked this.
Hakuna Matata
The analytics will hate him but these are the Dman you want for your third pair

Big physical with size and power.

He won a cup in STL and when u look at the Dcore VGK used to win what was the theme. BIG
WentWughes
Quoting: aadoyle
Or u just dont get how playoffs work. These are the kind of D teams like and who go help them

6'5 221 pounds whose physical and clears the front of the net. Thats what teams want

Gudas and Edmundson aren't even comparable. Edmundson is great at standing in front of the net and crosschecking, that's literally it. Can't skate, can't hit, can't pass. Especially after his back injury.
Mar. 7 at 12:13 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I know it's unpopular, but I really like Edmundson. Was very jealous when Montreal picked him up. He's dirt cheap and the exact kind of defenseman we need. Don't like the price, but I really like the fit

Hes basically an alternate to Zadorov but an inch shorter

He adds size, power, and on the third pair im okay with it. Wasnt expensive to get and when we saw how VGK one it was put a football team out on the backend
Mar. 7 at 12:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Gudas and Edmundson aren't even comparable. Edmundson is great at standing in front of the net and crosschecking, that's literally it. Can't skate, can't hit, can't pass. Especially after his back injury.

Gudas does the same thing except he also ****es and whines and the ref when he takes a penalty leading to his team getting scored on

People said Benoit was ABC but he's improved.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:15 p.m.
WentWughes
Gudas does the same thing except he also ****es and whines and the ref when he takes a penalty leading to his team getting scored on

People said Benoit was ABC but he's improved.

Yes Gudas does do the same thing, but he can hit, and somewhat skate, and has an underrated first pass, Edmundson can't do any of that, and he's injury prone. This isn't the same Eddy from 2 years ago, it's an Eddy with no back.
Mar. 7 at 12:17 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
I didn't like the moves Dubas made you are absolutely correct. He's not an analytic GM, but he did use analytics and they worked for the most part. He just never built the correct team and stuck with a core of fraud *****'s. Not sure what your argument there is about.

It's fair enough that you don't like how Dubas built the team. What I was trying to say was that it didn't make sense to me that you criticized Dubas for not making it past the first round 4 years in a row, but now you're defending him for making 5 playoff appearances.
Mar. 7 at 12:18 p.m.
and proud of it
Honestly don't think this is too bad for either side. Toronto adding D depth. Still will be a second round exit at best lol
Mar. 7 at 12:18 p.m.

Gudas is actually good tho
Mar. 7 at 12:19 p.m.
McMann Season
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
It may not be ground breaking but are you more comfortable to play Edmundson in the playoffs or Timmins?

Edmunson 100%

I guess the d would look like

Rielly - Boosh
McCabe - Liljegren
Brodie - Edmundson
Benoit??

I def need Benoit in the lineup so who would come out?? Boosh?
Mar. 7 at 12:19 p.m.
WentWughes
It's fair enough that you don't like how Dubas built the team. What I was trying to say was that it didn't make sense to me that you criticized Dubas for not making it past the first round 4 years in a row, but now you're defending him for making 5 playoff appearances.

I cristised Dubas because he was terrible at asset management, overpaying guys, and not getting the correct things. If Leafs ever had a competent starting goalie, they've won 5+ rounds with Dubas. Also the Tavares signing was one of the worst signings in Maple Leaf history, Sorry, but that has to be said.
Mar. 7 at 12:21 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Seems to me that Treliving is more concerned with trying not to get fleeced than actually trying to improve the Leafs. If Left handed D-man was being considered, why the hell didn't they go for Hanifin!? They could have easily matched or made a better offer than what Vegas paid for him...
Mar. 7 at 12:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mv21227
Gudas is actually good tho

At complaining to the ref yes
Mar. 7 at 12:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CameronSquires
Edmunson 100%

I guess the d would look like

Rielly - Boosh
McCabe - Liljegren
Brodie - Edmundson
Benoit??

I def need Benoit in the lineup so who would come out?? Boosh?

Hes not playing his offside lets be real.

Its probs

Rielly
McCabe
Edmundson
Mar. 7 at 12:26 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
I cristised Dubas because he was terrible at asset management, overpaying guys, and not getting the correct things. If Leafs ever had a competent starting goalie, they've won 5+ rounds with Dubas. Also the Tavares signing was one of the worst signings in Maple Leaf history, Sorry, but that has to be said.

I can see where you're coming from with the Tavares signing. Tavares got 11 million, Matthews is the Leafs franchise player so he had to get more than Tavares, and Marner had to be in the same ballpark as Matthews. The question is that if the Leafs didn't sign Tavares, would Matthews and Marner have signed for less and would Dubas' management of the 11 million in cap space make the Leafs a better team without Tavares than with him?
vmark and rollie1967 liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:28 p.m.
WentWughes
I can see where you're coming from with the Tavares signing. Tavares got 11 million, Matthews is the Leafs franchise player so he had to get more than Tavares, and Marner had to be in the same ballpark as Matthews. The question is that if the Leafs didn't sign Tavares, would Matthews and Marner have signed for less and would Dubas' management of the 11 million in cap space make the Leafs a better team without Tavares than with him?

I'd certainly think so. Bunting is still there, Hyman likely is too. Depth wins Championships, and Toronto has always been top heavy.
rollie1967 liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:32 p.m.
At complaining to the ref yes

He’s also just a good dman, especially defensively and physically. Even on a terrible Anaheim team his xGF% at 5v5 is above 50% (their only dman above 50%). You seem upset because of what happened in the playoffs last year

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit