Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
They do its called suspensions or a game misconduct

Super inconsistent though
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 21 at 11:34 a.m.
The Hardware Store
Why do the Wild hurt me in this way...

I swear every time we look good something horrible happens to a bunch of our top players. Ekkie and Brods are down. I hate this....
Mar. 21 at 12:31 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 21 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
Though, having an ex enforcer like Parros as the head of the department of safety isn’t a great idea

Yea that be the one Itty bitty issue lul

Edit: And the Wilson incident seems to indicate okay the wheel or fortune is back
Mar. 21 at 1:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1770857070431969628

Not gonna lie this feels a bit excessive

I would have just thrown him our of last night or gave him an extra game if necessary

But at the same time the swing was pretty bad. Still we have seen DOPS let worse things go and I know its Wilson but still
Mar. 21 at 1:57 p.m.
Amirov Forever
https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1770857070431969628

Not gonna lie this feels a bit excessive

I would have just thrown him our of last night or gave him an extra game if necessary

But at the same time the swing was pretty bad. Still we have seen DOPS let worse things go and I know its Wilson but still

Wilson (a repeat offender) LITERALLY clubbed Gregor in the face with a stick, from behind, completely unprovoked... That is the kind of incident that warrants an in-person hearing. I dont care if clipping Gregor wasn't the expected outcome, the action of swinging the stick was intentional and flat out dangerous. If Mo got 5 for what he did to Greig, then this should 100% gets 5 games minimum.
Mar. 21 at 2:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 21 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Wilson (a repeat offender) LITERALLY clubbed Gregor in the face with a stick, from behind, completely unprovoked... That is the kind of incident that warrants an in-person hearing. I dont care if clipping Gregor wasn't the expected outcome, the action of swinging the stick was intentional and flat out dangerous. If Mo got 5 for what he did to Greig, then this should 100% gets 5 games minimum.

The thing is though back in Dec of this season Trouba did the same thing to Fredric but got a 5k fine

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lVMXlvcPfEw

Again not saying Wilson should not have got suspended but 5+ games is a bit excessive considering the comparable was a 5k fine and also we have seen worse things in the league get nothing to 2-3 games even for repeat offenders. The thing he should have got the in person for was way back in the NYR game where he slammed Panarin but to late for that now

I know we nag about Rielly, but he got 5 games cause sadly DOPS handed Perron 6 for the same play and Parros hates TML players so what can ya do. Meanwhile for Wilson its okay we need to punish but Trouba's now sitting pretty lul. I would have given at most 3 and moved on based on when Pietrangelo did similar and got a 1 game playoff suspension = 3 reg season games for a similar chop.

Parros once again spinning the wheel of fortune and surprisingly it landed on in-person hearing. While its nice to see them becoming more strict were once again not standardizing punishments.
Mar. 21 at 2:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Pinto should have hired a translator to take the fall for his gambling

Gonna be very interesting to see how that story unfolds lul
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Mar. 21 at 9:05 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
To bad for Bettman but if 1-8 is to boring of a potential change do what the KHL did for playoff format

Its crazy lul
Mar. 21 at 11:03 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Secret to getting your team to become better

Cancel their concert tickets lul

NSH since that happened has probs been one of the better teams

9-0-2
Rangsey and LeafsForLife liked this.
Mar. 22 at 12:25 a.m.
Secret to getting your team to become better

Cancel their concert tickets lul

NSH since that happened has probs been one of the better teams

9-0-2

They win the cup head office better get Bono for the parade.
aadoyle liked this.
Mar. 22 at 12:31 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Rangsey
They win the cup head office better get Bono for the parade.

That would be ****ing legendary lul
Rangsey liked this.
Mar. 22 at 12:37 a.m.
Best deadline acquisition. The Duke's arrival in Tampa
Mar. 22 at 8:35 a.m.
I think any season you ask me - what’s the worst spot your team could end the season in, I wouldn’t have to think - it’s the first team out of the playoffs.

Looks like my team (stl) is going to compete for that honor.

I’m trying to digest this, gonna do that by hopping on a bandwagon now. Kinda hard to choose.
LeafsForLife liked this.
Mar. 22 at 8:59 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

I'll do you one better...

Best deadline acquisition - Bertuzzi's puck luck in Toronto
Mar. 22 at 9:29 a.m.

For playoff teams? Hanifin and Toffoli

overall it's probably Byram.

The worst so far is Mantha. And if that's not bad enough Hertl is even more invisible hyuk hyuk hyuk
Mar. 22 at 10:03 a.m.
I gotta give the tdl win to the hurricanes in general. Both Kuznetsov and Guentzel are thriving, the team looks unbeatable because there’s so much quality. (I still think Jake guentzel is mid relative to other forwards given 22 minutes a night, but he absolutely does not look mid in the chunks of hurricanes I’ve gotten to watch. Looks confident and drives play.)
Mar. 22 at 11:20 a.m.
No.1 Nikishin Glazer
Pinto should have hired a translator to take the fall for his gambling

Gonna be very interesting to see how that story unfolds lul

When Dodgers fans said they wanted Ohtani/betts I don't think this is what they meant.
CantStopWontStop and zk97 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 11:31 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: kurvaux
When Dodgers fans said they wanted Ohtani/betts I don't think this is what they meant.

They choose to defer the allegations...
zk97 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 1:34 p.m.
I wonder if the bookie regrets trying to collect yet. I think yes, probs. Pretty sure they didn’t think this thru.
Mar. 22 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: MGK
For playoff teams? Hanifin and Toffoli

overall it's probably Byram.

The worst so far is Mantha. And if that's not bad enough Hertl is even more invisible hyuk hyuk hyuk

Best buy way of impact on new team..

How has Hanifin and Toffoli been since the deadline?
Hanifin was in the lineup for Vegas against Tampa and looked like his skate were concrete.

Duke has transformed Tampa's top 9.
Mar. 22 at 3:08 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I wonder how Van is regretting jumping early for Lindholm

They payed a tonne for him but hes not really done much to have earned it

21 gp 4 goals and assists

And when you factor in Duclair and Toffoli's production on their respected teams being around the same its like okay why
Mar. 22 at 3:45 p.m.
I wonder how Van is regretting jumping early for Lindholm

They payed a tonne for him but hes not really done much to have earned it

21 gp 4 goals and assists

And when you factor in Duclair and Toffoli's production on their respected teams being around the same its like okay why

Figured I’d look at stats and see if I’d find anything interesting:

The biggest difference between Calgary and Vancouver is Lindholm’s icetime being down 3 min a game. He’s lost about 40% of his power play time too.

He’s taking defensive zone draws at the highest rate of his career, although he isn’t an extreme case.

His 5v5 rate metrics are equivalent to Calgary, and he’s arguably been a better 5v5 player in Vancouver than Calgary, although it’s splitting hairs and uses a lot of stats I hate. Ultimately I’d judge him as a positive top 9 contributor for a contending team.

My guess: he just got a lot of really good opportunities in Calgary, and now that some are gone, he’s adjusting fine, but it looks really bad because his assist number, primarily driven by non-5v5 icetime in Calgary, is soft, as his 5v5 assist rates are essentially the same.

I bet the bigger impact on the team is less his individual contribution, more what he unlocks by chewing up icetime without huge liability, allowing for more selective use of various offensive players.
ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 22 at 5:33 p.m.
Pittsburgh may be the team to watch on Collin Graf sweepstakes. There was a rumor floating around a week or two ago that he had decided on Eastern Conference non-playoff team. Now, Friedman has linked Pittsburgh to Graf.

(QPac is currently down 2-0 in ECAC Semifinals…but will still likely make NCAA tournament, so won’t come this weekend).
ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 22 at 5:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Pittsburgh may be the team to watch on Collin Graf sweepstakes. There was a rumor floating around a week or two ago that he had decided on Eastern Conference non-playoff team. Now, Friedman has linked Pittsburgh to Graf.

(QPac is currently down 2-0 in ECAC Semifinals…but will still likely make NCAA tournament, so won’t come this weekend).

Makes sense as Dubas does love his NCAA free agents
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 5:39 p.m.
Makes sense as Dubas does love his NCAA free agents

Would be good spot for him imo.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll