3$4,250,000
1$2,500,000
1$850,000
1$850,000
Trades
LAK
  1. Ullmark, Linus
Additional Details:
This trade was discussed this deadline. Ullmark used his NTC to block the trade. Maybe he won’t this time on.
Retained Salary Transactions
Termination Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,750,000$89,588,333$1,850,000$850,000-$1,838,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,600,000$3,600,000
LW, C
RFA
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, C
UFA
$4,200,000$4,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
RFA
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
RFA
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,875,000$5,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA
$900,000$900,000
G
RFA
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$875,000$875,000
RW
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 14 at 2:06 a.m.
56 years and countin
LA is screwed. Unless Dubois turns it around, he'll be bought out and out of the league soon. Bad attitude and can't perform on top of it.
batman liked this.
Mar. 14 at 7:52 a.m.
Raven
boston was never.. ever gonna do ullmark for Dubois 1 for 1 lol.... unrealistic
palhal and BsInOttawa liked this.
Mar. 14 at 8:16 a.m.
Ullmark nixed this deal because he didn’t like the geography of the location.
batman liked this.
Mar. 14 at 8:30 a.m.
Bcarlo25
first off, there is zero evidence that this was discussed. there was speculation from reporters. obviously, it doesn't make any sense. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the worst contract in the league isn't moved for positive value.

secondly, ullmark shut down talks with LA, why do we think that changes?
palhal liked this.
Mar. 14 at 9:53 a.m.
Go Jets Go
I am not trying to rub salt in the wound but wow, WPG truly dodged a bullet and came out winners. Most WPG fans will agree that from watching him the past 3 years, we saw this one coming. I feel bad for LA as yeah, this contract has to be one of the worst in the league right now.
batman, CD282, areax91 and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 14 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
first off, there is zero evidence that this was discussed. there was speculation from reporters. obviously, it doesn't make any sense. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the worst contract in the league isn't moved for positive value.

The more this has been discussed, the more I believe the deal was Matt Roy and a goalie for Linus Ullmark. Maybe an extra pick to Boston.

Boston went out and got a player in Andrew Peeke who plays RD and has a physical profile similar to Roy plus Ullmark on a one year contract is at the exact dollar figure where LA can sign Byfield to a non bridge deal.

On a side note, I read a lot of Boston fans stating with a high degree of confidence that Don Sweeney would NOT trade for the PLD contract.

I am confident that if he likes his physical skill set and fit in the team, Don Sweeney has the guts to do any deal regardless of the public perception and probably wouldn’t listen to any of the hyperbole about his contract. I also believe he wouldn’t let a limited sample size change his opinion of a player. While I wouldn’t want a PLD deal, he was someone Sweeney was rumored to have discussed acquiring earlier in the year from Winnipeg and he has some strengths that are currently weaknesses on the Boston roster. I am pretty confident if he did this deal, he would extract the value necessary to take the contract though I’m not sure how much that would that be. Sweeney is a good GM.
OldNYIfan and BsInOttawa liked this.
Mar. 14 at 11:42 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
It is indisputable that right now, DuBois is underperforming his contract, and by a lot. That's not unusual for players moving to a new team -- look, for example, at Reilly Smith and Ryan Graves in Pittsburgh. Johnny Gaudreau went from 115 points in Calgary to 74 points in Columbus his first season (and from +64 to -33!!), and he's doing even worse this year. What differentiates DuBois from the truly bad contracts like Josh Anderson or Brendan Gallagher or Marc-Edouard Vlasic is that all of them are 30 years old or older and have been trending down for some time now; there's absolutely no reason to suspect that they're going to get any better. In contrast, because he's been in the NHL for 8 seasons and is on his third team now, people forget that DuBois is only turning 26 in May -- there is a good chance that like Tage Thompson, DuBois will improve on this season's performance. And to be honest, who expected DuBois to come in and record 80 points when his wingers have been youngsters like Arthur Kaliyev and Alex Laferriere and Alex Turcotte?

Full disclosure: I was against the DuBois acquisition when it was first rumored and pooh-poohed it because the fit seemed so obviously poor; I have an ACGM I drafted in July titled "Rob Blake Ruined This Team" still marinating in my unpublished ACGMs. Yes, the DuBois contract is a bad one, but far from being the worst in the League. The fact that I can think of only half a dozen that currently are worse isn't much consolation, though.
Celtics21 liked this.
Mar. 14 at 11:47 a.m.
Bedard23
Seth Jones says hello
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 14 at 12:02 p.m.
not a he )
Quoting: Rooney
I am not trying to rub salt in the wound but wow, WPG truly dodged a bullet and came out winners. Most WPG fans will agree that from watching him the past 3 years, we saw this one coming. I feel bad for LA as yeah, this contract has to be one of the worst in the league right now.

We've been saying it since he dogged that shift here. The response was always "it's just because it was lol Columbus." Which obviously then became "it's just because it's lol Winnipeg." Weird how no one else just gives up on the ice when getting paid to play in those two cities, but what do I know?
Rooney, CD282, areax91 and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 14 at 12:09 p.m.
Go Jets Go
Quoting: squashmaple
We've been saying it since he dogged that shift here. The response was always "it's just because it was lol Columbus." Which obviously then became "it's just because it's lol Winnipeg." Weird how no one else just gives up on the ice when getting paid to play in those two cities, but what do I know?

Exactly! It's just embarrassing.
Mar. 14 at 5:37 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea

Bro says there’s zero evidence this was discussed then he says Ullmark shut down talks with LA💀

Friedman Severalli everyone talked about it. The deal was done and Ullmark just had to says yes but he mixed the deal. They certainly know more than you do..

Stop lying to yourself just because you would of had taken a ugly contract for an elite goalie lmao..
Mar. 14 at 5:37 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
Quoting: raven
boston was never.. ever gonna do ullmark for Dubois 1 for 1 lol.... unrealistic

It was close to be done. Maybe there was other pieces involved but it was the base of it.
Mar. 14 at 5:40 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
Quoting: Celtics21
The more this has been discussed, the more I believe the deal was Matt Roy and a goalie for Linus Ullmark. Maybe an extra pick to Boston.

Boston went out and got a player in Andrew Peeke who plays RD and has a physical profile similar to Roy plus Ullmark on a one year contract is at the exact dollar figure where LA can sign Byfield to a non bridge deal.

On a side note, I read a lot of Boston fans stating with a high degree of confidence that Don Sweeney would NOT trade for the PLD contract.

I am confident that if he likes his physical skill set and fit in the team, Don Sweeney has the guts to do any deal regardless of the public perception and probably wouldn’t listen to any of the hyperbole about his contract. I also believe he wouldn’t let a limited sample size change his opinion of a player. While I wouldn’t want a PLD deal, he was someone Sweeney was rumored to have discussed acquiring earlier in the year from Winnipeg and he has some strengths that are currently weaknesses on the Boston roster. I am pretty confident if he did this deal, he would extract the value necessary to take the contract though I’m not sure how much that would that be. Sweeney is a good GM.

Blake said he never considered substracting and selling/moving pieces like Roy in his presser. So you can take that off the table.
Mar. 14 at 5:45 p.m.
Quoting: batman
Blake said he never considered substracting and selling/moving pieces like Roy in his presser. So you can take that off the table.

What is he supposed to say? He didn’t have the cap flexibility to do the deal without a major piece going out.
Mar. 14 at 6:07 p.m.
Just about everyone saw this coming: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/733358
RationalHockeyFan liked this.
Mar. 14 at 6:16 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
What is he supposed to say? He didn’t have the cap flexibility to do the deal without a major piece going out.

The piece in that case was then likely Dubois. Boston Needs Center. Not RD, Already McAvoy and Carlo. The RD of the Kings would then be weak as hell without Roy. Cant remove someone like that and expect to be good. LA needed a goaltender to match with the other western teams, they almost got it. they saw that this ufa goalie market was ugly so they almost pulled off this move to have Ullamark for 1.25 year.

Bos : already have RD and Goalie. Need C
La : Already have RD and C. Need goalie ——-> Goalie for C swap.
Mar. 15 at 6:04 a.m.
The piece in that case was then likely Dubois. Boston Needs Center. Not RD, Already McAvoy and Carlo. The RD of the Kings would then be weak as hell without Roy. Cant remove someone like that and expect to be good. LA needed a goaltender to match with the other western teams, they almost got it. they saw that this ufa goalie market was ugly so they almost pulled off this move to have Ullamark for 1.25 year.

High level about this AGM. I think you really need to revisit that Byfield contract. I think you are off by about 5.5M and 6 years. If it is a bridge contract, I’d expected to to a longer than 3.6

I also think you are low on a lot of contracts
- Toffoli extracts a lot more than that dollar figure if he’s only taking 3 years
- Roy is probably in the 6s at 5 years
- Duchene shouldn’t leave Dallas if the offer is right

Either way, I think there are a lot of secondary moves for forward depth that are possible to fill the roster if you assume they sign Byfield to a long term contract, resign Roy, acquire Ullmark.

If you trade Dubois, why isnt Turcotte at 3C?
Mar. 15 at 7:16 a.m.
Edited Mar. 15 at 7:30 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
It is indisputable that right now, DuBois is underperforming his contract, and by a lot. That's not unusual for players moving to a new team -- look, for example, at Reilly Smith and Ryan Graves in Pittsburgh. Johnny Gaudreau went from 115 points in Calgary to 74 points in Columbus his first season (and from +64 to -33!!), and he's doing even worse this year. What differentiates DuBois from the truly bad contracts like Josh Anderson or Brendan Gallagher or Marc-Edouard Vlasic is that all of them are 30 years old or older and have been trending down for some time now; there's absolutely no reason to suspect that they're going to get any better. In contrast, because he's been in the NHL for 8 seasons and is on his third team now, people forget that DuBois is only turning 26 in May -- there is a good chance that like Tage Thompson, DuBois will improve on this season's performance. And to be honest, who expected DuBois to come in and record 80 points when his wingers have been youngsters like Arthur Kaliyev and Alex Laferriere and Alex Turcotte?

Full disclosure: I was against the DuBois acquisition when it was first rumored and pooh-poohed it because the fit seemed so obviously poor; I have an ACGM I drafted in July titled "Rob Blake Ruined This Team" still marinating in my unpublished ACGMs. Yes, the DuBois contract is a bad one, but far from being the worst in the League. The fact that I can think of only half a dozen that currently are worse isn't much consolation, though.

Even though I think the deal dies because Ullmark doesn’t wave his NMC without a contract extension. Let’s say the interest in Ullmark is long term and the Kings agree on an extension with trade protections that get Ullmark to waive.

What draft pick do you think LA gives to facilitate an Ullmark for DuBois deal?

I’m thinking the 2025 second

I think there would be a viable argument for the 2024 first considering the contract with a prospect like Merkulov, Jelvik, or Farinacci coming back to you, but I think that overcomplicates it

The 3.5m difference in salary between the two is super important if you want to sign Byfield long term and resign Roy.
Mar. 15 at 7:22 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Even though I think the deal dies because Ullmark doesn’t wave his NMC without a contract extension. Let’s say the interest in Ullmark is long term?

What draft pick do you think LA gives to facilitate an Ullmark for DuBois deal?

I’m thinking the 2025 second

I think there would be a viable argument for the 2024 first considering the contract with a prospect like Merkulov, Jelvik, or Farinacci coming back to you, but I think that overcomplicates it

The 3.5m difference in salary between the two is super important if you want to sign Byfield long term and resign Roy.

I wouldn't give up the 2024 first because even at this early stage, there appear to be 4 or 5 good RW prospects projected to be available around the time LA picks (19 or 20), and that's our primary need. But IF a DuBois trade is in the making, I'd be okay with anything else.
Mar. 15 at 9:14 a.m.
May contain nuts
I understand that the deal makes some sense on paper, but if BOS actually did this, I might have to switch my favorite team to MIN for the next seven years.
Mar. 15 at 9:42 a.m.
Edited Mar. 15 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I wouldn't give up the 2024 first because even at this early stage, there appear to be 4 or 5 good RW prospects projected to be available around the time LA picks (19 or 20), and that's our primary need. But IF a DuBois trade is in the making, I'd be okay with anything else.

The primary questions with a deal like this

1. Would the Kings be willing to give Ullmark a long term contract that would make Ullmark reconsider his no trade stance?

2. What did Sweeney think about Dubois before the Kings acquired him?

3. Do the Kings have a secondary prospect that Boston likes enough to pair with a 2nd round pick to take the bad part of Dubois contract (he’s probably overpaid by 1.5 to 2M), which over 7 years is valued as a mid first rounder. That said, I think relative value between the players pushes it down to the 2nd rounder and something (Zeimmer or Dvorak?)

My guess is one of those three things breaks this, but I can at least see some logic if this was the deal that was formally discussed
Mar. 15 at 3:38 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Bro says there’s zero evidence this was discussed then he says Ullmark shut down talks with LA💀

Friedman Severalli everyone talked about it. The deal was done and Ullmark just had to says yes but he mixed the deal. They certainly know more than you do..

Stop lying to yourself just because you would of had taken a ugly contract for an elite goalie lmao..

use as many stupid emojis as you want, it doesn't change the fact that you just wildly misread what i wrote. was Ullmark to LA discussed, or even agreed upon? Absolutely. Does that mean PLD was coming back? absolutely not. that's what is stupid here. a couple reporters speculate, not report, and morons run with it. usually when people are putting stupid emojis and saying lmao in their post, that's the dumbest part of it. kudos to bucking that trend.
Mar. 15 at 3:38 p.m.
Bcarlo25

this is somethign you're just making up. not something that was reported, or based in reality.
It was close to be done. Maybe there was other pieces involved but it was the base of it.
Mar. 15 at 5:12 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
this is somethign you're just making up. not something that was reported, or based in reality.

maybe if you open your eyes you will see that this was reported by almost all insiders. wdym just making it up. it was literally reported.. are you that blind?
Mar. 16 at 12:27 a.m.
PLD will be on Blake's Tombstone when he get fired in June

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll