$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 14 at 8:22 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
LMFAO
May 14 at 8:24 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Make this offer and we might overcome our antipathy to trading Zegras.

We'd prefer Reinbacher.
Hawksguy81 and FoxYou727 liked this.
May 14 at 8:25 p.m.
What idiot proposed this? Awful trade for the Habs.
May 14 at 8:26 p.m.
What in the joke is this?
FoxYou727 liked this.
May 14 at 8:31 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
This is a deal that doesn't work for both sides.

Huston AND 5 OA is too much for Montreal to part with.

Anaheim has Huston at home, his name is Zellweger, and we're overstocked on LHD already, there's no sense in acquiring another one undersized one.
May 14 at 8:32 p.m.
Daily reminder that lyle richardson is a moron
May 14 at 8:43 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: Black61

Some things never change.
May 14 at 8:48 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Anaheim has Huston at home, his name is Zellweger, and we're overstocked on LHD already, there's no sense in acquiring another one undersized one.

No offense but anaheim would take that and run.

Nobody is offering a 5th overall pick calibre asset for zegras. He wasnt even a 5th overall pick.

You can always move hutson and even 50 cents on the dollar on the return you are miles ahead of any other offer
May 14 at 8:57 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
No offense but anaheim would take that and run.

Nobody is offering a 5th overall pick calibre asset for zegras. He wasnt even a 5th overall pick.

You can always move hutson and even 50 cents on the dollar on the return you are miles ahead of any other offer

If you redraft 2019 Zegras goes in the top 5, so let's not pretend where a player was drafted has any bearing on their value once their a proven NHL asset. Secondly, it's a weak draft, so while we could get someone good at 5OA, they're not going to be as good as Zegras, so Montreal would not only be smart to base the trade around 5OA, but would also be adding. Thirdly, you've got an overabundance of lesser RHD that could easily substitute to make the trade better for both teams.

And did you miss the part at the very beginning where I said that's too much for Montreal to give? Apparently you did.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 14 at 8:58 p.m.
SkateOrDie
might as well said "according to Fake News" because that's all I see.
FoxYou727 liked this.
May 14 at 9:02 p.m.
If you redraft 2019 Zegras goes in the top 5, so let's not pretend where a player was drafted has any bearing on their value once their a proven NHL asset. Secondly, it's a weak draft, so while we could get someone good at 5OA, they're not going to be as good as Zegras, so Montreal would not only be smart to base the trade around 5OA, but would also be adding. Thirdly, you've got an overabundance of lesser RHD that could easily substitute to make the trade better for both teams.

And did you miss the part at the very beginning where I said that's too much for Montreal to give? Apparently you did.

Lol no

Hughes, boldy seider byram harley caufield are easily ahead and with how bad he played this year and his gm and coach both questioning his effort many teams wpuld take newhook maccelli pinto york etc over him.
May 14 at 10:07 p.m.
Ducks take this and block your number so fast
May 14 at 10:23 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Lol no

Hughes, boldy seider byram harley caufield are easily ahead and with how bad he played this year and his gm and coach both questioning his effort many teams wpuld take newhook maccelli pinto york etc over him.

Caufield wouldn't be taken ahead of Zegras by anyone other than a Montreal homer. Have a look at their record, on both ends of the ice.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
May 14 at 10:25 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Lol no

You really should learn to look for the source of information rather than just regurgitate something you heard someone else say, makes you look quite silly. Verbeek and Cronin both wanted him to work on his defensive side of the game, and he did that. End of season interviews showed they were happy with his progress developing into a 200 ft player. And his poor play this year we're the result of trying to play through the same injury that kept Logan Couture out all season. The way the media is digging this kid you'd think he played for the Leafs, it's entirely a.smoke show and the most sickening double standard I've seen in ages.

Cronins end of season interview when asked about Zegras.

"Z is in that sweet spot. He's like third or fourth year in the league right now. This year was a brutal year for him. He got injured, he missed a bunch of games early, comes back and breaks his ankle. He had a lot of adversity. I do think, and I said this back in October when he came to training camp late, the messaging for me was about, 'Hey, your offense is always going to be there. You got a super IQ on the ice, you make plays, but your focus on defense has to be equally as invested as your offensive focus.' And he tried. He did what we asked him to do. I think analytically, he did a really good job those first 10 or 12 games, whatever it was. He wasn't getting the points, but I was really impressed with his compete level and I was impressed with his defensive details.

So comes back and the poor guy breaks his ankle. Now he's behind the eight ball again. It's an 11 week absence. And then he comes out and again, I thought he was terrific. I don't know how many games he played until the end of the season, but he was visible. I think he probably had close to a point a game if I'm just thinking out loud. His plus-minus was good. So he did a lot of things that I think reflect a lot of growth as a person and as a player and I'm really excited for him. I'm excited to see how he works off of this in the fall."

Found Here
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 14 at 10:57 p.m.
Lol no

Imo…

Hughes

Seider
Zegras
Boldy
Cozens

I think any of those four could battle for #2. Harley could pass him with another step-change in his development. Byram probably cannot.

Only one of these guys has put a national team on his back and carried them to a major trophy in a best on best event (and another came close). Zegras gets heat as a showboat…but he makes everyone around him better.

That said, I don’t think Anaheim is offered more than 5th overall. Top-5 picks are never traded. And if it’s a pick they want, they would likely be a winning offer.
May 14 at 11:16 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Caufield wouldn't be taken ahead of Zegras by anyone other than a Montreal homer. Have a look at their record, on both ends of the ice.

Caufield has 26 more goals than zegras does in fewer games.

They are both bad defensive players and zegras doesnt provide anything beyond points.

Caufield is easily ahead
May 14 at 11:23 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Imo…

Hughes

Seider
Zegras
Boldy
Cozens

I think any of those four could battle for #2. Harley could pass him with another step-change in his development. Byram probably cannot.

Only one of these guys has put a national team on his back and carried them to a major trophy in a best on best event (and another came close). Zegras gets heat as a showboat…but he makes everyone around him better.

That said, I don’t think Anaheim is offered more than 5th overall. Top-5 picks are never traded. And if it’s a pick they want, they would likely be a winning offer.

Boldy and cozens are firmly ahead theres 0 realistic scenario where any team would take zegras over them

Caufield has the same career ppg while being 26 goals ahead in fewer games. Easily ahead.

Seider is a #1 dman.

Zegras would barely scrape into the top 10 in a redraft today especially one with actual nhl gms trying to build a team
May 14 at 11:27 p.m.
You really should learn to look for the source of information rather than just regurgitate something you heard someone else say, makes you look quite silly. Verbeek and Cronin both wanted him to work on his defensive side of the game, and he did that. End of season interviews showed they were happy with his progress developing into a 200 ft player. And his poor play this year we're the result of trying to play through the same injury that kept Logan Couture out all season. The way the media is digging this kid you'd think he played for the Leafs, it's entirely a.smoke show and the most sickening double standard I've seen in ages.

Cronins end of season interview when asked about Zegras.

"Z is in that sweet spot. He's like third or fourth year in the league right now. This year was a brutal year for him. He got injured, he missed a bunch of games early, comes back and breaks his ankle. He had a lot of adversity. I do think, and I said this back in October when he came to training camp late, the messaging for me was about, 'Hey, your offense is always going to be there. You got a super IQ on the ice, you make plays, but your focus on defense has to be equally as invested as your offensive focus.' And he tried. He did what we asked him to do. I think analytically, he did a really good job those first 10 or 12 games, whatever it was. He wasn't getting the points, but I was really impressed with his compete level and I was impressed with his defensive details.

So comes back and the poor guy breaks his ankle. Now he's behind the eight ball again. It's an 11 week absence. And then he comes out and again, I thought he was terrific. I don't know how many games he played until the end of the season, but he was visible. I think he probably had close to a point a game if I'm just thinking out loud. His plus-minus was good. So he did a lot of things that I think reflect a lot of growth as a person and as a player and I'm really excited for him. I'm excited to see how he works off of this in the fall."

Found Here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RrrY1VOGGx8

So just going to pretend this didnt happen i see
May 14 at 11:28 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Caufield has 26 more goals than zegras does in fewer games.

They are both bad defensive players and zegras doesnt provide anything beyond points.

Caufield is easily ahead

Caufield is a one-dimensional player who needs a distributor, which is why Zegras has 31 more assists and 5 more points in those 6 more games. This may surprise you, but points are more important than goals by definition, since goals is one of two elements of points. And Caufield costs $2 million more per season. Zegras is unquestionably more valuable to anyone who isn't blind.
May 14 at 11:38 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Caufield is a one-dimensional player who needs a distributor, which is why Zegras has 31 more assists and 5 more points in those 6 more games. This may surprise you, but points are more important than goals by definition, since goals is one of two elements of points. And Caufield costs $2 million more per season. Zegras is unquestionably more valuable to anyone who isn't blind.

Now your just being stupid. In no world are assists worth the same as goals.

And they have the same career ppg so your argument doesnt even work.

And the money part is even more stupid. Caufield made 120k per point this year while zegras made 383k. Caufield atleast earned his paycheck this year.
May 15 at 7:00 a.m.
This should say everything you need to know about the credibility of these garbage writers. No chNce MTL parts with that much value, and there aren’t many players who fit worse in ANA than Hutson
May 15 at 7:31 a.m.
Berkly goat Catton
For anyone wondering, here is how to do a 2019 redraft :
Hughes

Boldy/Seider

Caufield/Cozens

Harley/Zegras

Dach/Maccelli/Newhook/Pinto

And for those saying Zegras improved his defensive game, he didn’t really. He still has some of the worst defensive abilities in the entire league.
May 15 at 8:48 a.m.

Zel is not Hutson
May 15 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: KingExLeafs
What idiot proposed this? Awful trade for the Habs.

Agree. It was on The Hockey News
May 15 at 10:22 a.m.

Hahahahaha

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll