lets not forget the Griffen Reinhart trade either. BOI that was BAD

he'll be a good player i think.

Explain
Aug. 7, 2017 at 8:19 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

lets not forget the Griffen Reinhart trade either. BOI that was BAD

Whether Griffin Reinhart is "good" or not (he wont), Edmonton already lost that trade. Griffin Reinhart is already playing for a new team. One of many bad trades by Chiarelli
nobody liked this.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 8:19 p.m.
Garth Snow, Jim Benning,, Sakic, Bergevin will all be remembered as greats along with Mike Milbury, don't know what you guys are talking about
Daryl, phillyjabroni, LicMysak and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Griffen Reinhart is a bust. Derek Pulliot is a bust. Scott Laughton is a bust. Nail Yakupov is a bust.

These guys will never have any remembrance in the NHL other than "hey remember that bust named Griffin Reinhart?"

give him some time.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Whether Griffin Reinhart is "good" or not (he wont), Edmonton already lost that trade. Griffin Reinhart is already playing for a new team. One of many bad trades by Chiarelli

yeah, and Nashville lost James Neal ... that means they lost that Pittsburh trade and Poile is a bad GM ... when those trades happened, they didn't know about the expansion draft.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.

yeah, and Nashville lost James Neal ... that means they lost that Pittsburh trade and Poile is a bad GM ... when those trades happened, they didn't know about the expansion draft.

that is nowhere on the level of trading a major asset for a bust.

James Neal for Patric Hornquvist and Nick Spalding. Spalding ins't part of an NHL organization and Hornquivst lost is line position to Sheary/Guentzel.

They didn't projected James Neal because Poile was a good GM and had Ekholm/Ellis/Josi locked up and had a great deal on Calle Jarnkrok.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:42 p.m.

Nashville leaves James Neal available to help the team financially. Edmonton leaves Reinhart available because he is dog ****. Completely different
nobody liked this.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:55 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Poile
Rutherford
chiarelli
Murray
chayka
Yzerman
Lamorello
Kekalainen
Bowman
Armstrong
Francis
Dorion
cheveldayoff
Fletcher
Wilson
maclennan
Sweeney
botteril
Blake
McPhee
treviling
nill
Gorton
Sakic
Hextall
Shero
Bergervain
Tallon
Snow
Holland
benning
Aug. 7, 2017 at 10:01 p.m.
Can someone please explain to me how Ron Hextall is so far down the list(s)? Think about this : the best prospect in our pool when he took over was Taylor Leier. How is he not in the top 10?
Aug. 7, 2017 at 10:15 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Can someone please explain to me how Ron Hextall is so far down the list(s)? Think about this : the best prospect in our pool when he took over was Taylor Leier. How is he not in the top 10?

Bad contracts have been a huge thing. Voracek and Giroux are signed to some heavy deals. Not to mention that he has had the same team thats been producing the same outcome for the past 4 years
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 11:19 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

Bad contracts have been a huge thing. Voracek and Giroux are signed to some heavy deals. Not to mention that he has had the same team thats been producing the same outcome for the past 4 years

Bad contracts? Ron Hextall started on May 7th, 2014. Giroux signed on July 3rd, 2013, and its not even that bad of a contract. The Voracek deal is a great one. He is one of the best play drivers in the NHL. Everyone had a down year due to Murphy's Law.

With the cap space that we have, what the heck is he supposed to do? After the 2014 draft, the Flyers were ranked 27th by BleacherReport (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2108713-re-ranking-every-teams-prospect-pool-after-2014-nhl-draft). Now they are ranked 2nd by BleacherReport (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717853-ranking-the-top-10-nhl-prospect-pools-after-the-2017-draft).

In 3 years, he took one of the worst prospect systems, and build it into a top farm. Philippe Myers (UDFA) would have been a 1st round pick in 2016. Oskar Lindblom (5th round pick) top SHL player last season. Carter Hart (2nd round pick) CHL goalie of the year two years back (WHL Goalie of the Year back-to-back). German Rubstov, Morgan Frost, Isaac Ratcliffe, Travis Sanheim, , Felix Sandstrom are all Hextall picks. All very top prospects, some of them elite.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 11:57 p.m.
NBABound
Where am I?
nobody liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:01 a.m.

Bad contracts? Ron Hextall started on May 7th, 2014. Giroux signed on July 3rd, 2013, and its not even that bad of a contract. The Voracek deal is a great one. He is one of the best play drivers in the NHL. Everyone had a down year due to Murphy's Law.

With the cap space that we have, what the heck is he supposed to do? After the 2014 draft, the Flyers were ranked 27th by BleacherReport (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2108713-re-ranking-every-teams-prospect-pool-after-2014-nhl-draft). Now they are ranked 2nd by BleacherReport (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717853-ranking-the-top-10-nhl-prospect-pools-after-the-2017-draft).

In 3 years, he took one of the worst prospect systems, and build it into a top farm. Philippe Myers (UDFA) would have been a 1st round pick in 2016. Oskar Lindblom (5th round pick) top SHL player last season. Carter Hart (2nd round pick) CHL goalie of the year two years back (WHL Goalie of the Year back-to-back). German Rubstov, Morgan Frost, Isaac Ratcliffe, Travis Sanheim, , Felix Sandstrom are all Hextall picks. All very top prospects, some of them elite.

Your Philly bias is showing.

But, besides that point, you're right Philly has a great PROSPECT system. And that could lead to great results down the line. But he hasn't had much success at the NHL level. Yes, the Flyers slipped into the playoffs in 2016, but they were pretty quickly eliminated, and then missed again this year. They also let Mason (whom you've said is a top-flight golatender) walk on a mostly-reasonable contract. He also lucked into Patrick and signed Raffl and Weise to their current contracts.

He is a good GM (I have him 9th, a second-tier GM), but until we see some of the prospects have success on the ice, he doesn't deserve anything more than that, and anything from 8 to 18 is somewhat reasonable.
krakowitz and Blazingbat11 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:11 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

agreed ... he's top 10 for me.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:19 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018

I wouldn't call Frost, Rubtsov or Ratcliffe "very top prospects"
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:23 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

well Rubtsov is pretty good, right?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:25 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018

He's pretty good, but not a "very top prospect"
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:26 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: tadhockey

But, besides that point, you're right Philly has a great PROSPECT system. And that could lead to great results down the line. But he hasn't had much success at the NHL level. Yes, the Flyers slipped into the playoffs in 2016, but they were pretty quickly eliminated, and then missed again this year. They also let Mason (whom you've said is a top-flight golatender) walk on a mostly-reasonable contract. He also lucked into Patrick and signed Raffl and Weise to their current contracts.

He is a good GM (I have him 9th, a second-tier GM), but until we see some of the prospects have success on the ice, he doesn't deserve anything more than that, and anything from 8 to 18 is somewhat reasonable.

PREACH
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:27 a.m.

wait 3-4 years... trust the process
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:32 a.m.
Quoting: tadhockey

That's mainly because he hated splitting time w/ Neuvirth (somewhat Hakstall's fault). McPhee isn't better than him. Sweeny? what very poor (I'm talking levels of an albatross signing or a Dan Giradri) that Hextall has done?

German Rubstov is a very top prospect. Currently 34 on Button's prospect list, great 2-way player. not sure how you don't consider him top

My bias is showing because I am the only person here who has witness the terrible job Holmgren did and having seen Hextall draft very good prospects.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:33 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

he should be a 50+ point scorer.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:37 a.m.

I don't really care about the points. I care that he is going to be one of our best skaters, best 2-way LW/C in 3-4 years
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:39 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

I don't really care about the points. I care that he is going to be one of our best skaters, best 2-way LW/C in 3-4 years

yes, he's likely gonna be a good 2-way player too.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:25 a.m.
NBABound
so is everyone just gonna ignore where i rank...?
krakowitz, phillyjabroni and nobody liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:35 a.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap
Where am I?

Quoting: Mr_cap
so is everyone just gonna ignore where i rank...?

#1 in the NHL ; #31 in my heart
Mr_cap and nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll