SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

Aug. 6, 2018 at 4:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Icegirl
Also, so there's no confusion: Boychuk is NOT forced to be protected, as his NMC expires at the start of 2019-20. (See: Vermette, Antoine.)

They said i had to protect him ... you're still in the BOG, correct? Now i'm really confused.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
Quoting: A_K
@phillyjabroni:
To @ricochetii 's point, I can put together a spreadsheet that will automate everything. I *might be* willing to download the CSV data from Corsica (3 DL's per month - 5v5, EV, Goaltending) and import the data into the spreadsheet once per month (or whatever time segment we choose). But the GMs would have to provide an accurately spelled roster each month.

I'm going to get a working copy of the sheet going over the next few weeks and I'll share with the group - y'all can help de-bug it wink

Toit Nups! If you have an automated sheet that just requires GMs to submit an accurately spelled roster every increment, then it seems like the BOEG needs to a.) see if GMs approve my suggested changes to the already-signed off-on model (replaced hits and individual penalty differential with xSV% and GSAA - 10% total of suggested changes) and b.) see if GMs are willing to submit an accurately spelled roster every increment. Oh, and determine the increment. I don't have any complaints if we can have the machine do the math for us!
Aug. 6, 2018 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
They said i had to protect him ... you're still in the BOG, correct? Now i'm really confused.

RAIF has a point here. Just two days ago he was told by one BOG member that:

Quoting: flamesfan419
You're stuck with protecting him. Sorry.

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft.[9][10] Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.[9]

And now 48 hours later

Quoting: Icegirl
Also, so there's no confusion: Boychuk is NOT forced to be protected, as his NMC expires at the start of 2019-20. (See: Vermette, Antoine.)

Has the BOG had a group discussion about this? If so, I’m not sure why everyone’s thoughts aren’t synchronized yet.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 5:32 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: MrBooth
RAIF has a point here. Just two days ago he was told by one BOG member that:

And now 48 hours later

Has the BOG had a group discussion about this? If so, I’m not sure why everyone’s thoughts aren’t synchronized yet.

My info came from an outside source that listed out the rules of the 2017 Vegas expansion draft, which will be the same rules for the upcoming one in game.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. But the rules only make mention of NMC and my recall from last time was if a player had a NTC, he had to waive it in order to be left exposed, which means if they don't waive it they must be protected.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 6:22 p.m.
Go Habs Go
@phillyjabroni:
To @ricochetii 's point, I can put together a spreadsheet that will automate everything. I *might be* willing to download the CSV data from Corsica (3 DL's per month - 5v5, EV, Goaltending) and import the data into the spreadsheet once per month (or whatever time segment we choose). But the GMs would have to provide an accurately spelled roster each month.

I'm going to get a working copy of the sheet going over the next few weeks and I'll share with the group - y'all can help de-bug it wink

1. Import and parse csv.
2. Maintain one sorting sheet, updated accordingly as transactions occur, have 1 solo sheet set up for each team.
3. Team sheets update automatically from the sorting sheet, no work required by GMs other than reporting errors.

Sorting sheet would propogate team sheets by checking the team column, so the only thing that would need manual adjustment, is the team field for each player.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: ricochetii
1. Import and parse csv.
2. Maintain one sorting sheet, updated accordingly as transactions occur, have 1 solo sheet set up for each team.
3. Team sheets update automatically from the sorting sheet, no work required by GMs other than reporting errors.

Sorting sheet would propogate team sheets by checking the team column, so the only thing that would need manual adjustment, is the team field for each player.

Yep, actually I'm doing it all on one sheet. I can take the CSV download into Excel and tweak the date ranges (Corsica is all messed up there), drop the raw data into a monster data tab and automate the team tabs to grab from there (using Index/Match functions). All we will need is the monthly roster updates from each GM.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 6:56 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Yep, actually I'm doing it all on one sheet. I can take the CSV download into Excel and tweak the date ranges (Corsica is all messed up there), drop the raw data into a monster data tab and automate the team tabs to grab from there (using Index/Match functions). All we will need is the monthly roster updates from each GM.

You can remove the spelling requirement and such by being the only one in control of the import sheet.
The sorting sheet would be in BOE hands to process trades, and they would only be able to change the teams of players.
The GM sheets would be in their hands, but they wouldn't have any control over them at all. Display purposes only, and everyone would be able to see them.

Segregating them is easier than putting them all in one sheet and adjusting permissions for cells. It will also help with loading times and such.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 6:58 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
You can remove the spelling requirement and such by being the only one in control of the import sheet.
The sorting sheet would be in BOE hands to process trades, and they would only be able to change the teams of players.
The GM sheets would be in their hands, but they wouldn't have any control over them at all. Display purposes only, and everyone would be able to see them.

Segregating them is easier than putting them all in one sheet and adjusting permissions for cells. It will also help with loading times and such.

I see what you're saying, and yeah that's a good strategy
ricochetii liked this.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 8:04 p.m.

In the scenario of a trade, does the sheetholder (in this case, I think it's @A_K), need to make sure that the dates are cutoff? In other words, if I trade 'Player X' in the middle of the scoring month, will I get his stats up until I trade him or will the team I traded him to get the full share of his stats?
Aug. 6, 2018 at 8:56 p.m.
Quoting: flamesfan419
My info came from an outside source that listed out the rules of the 2017 Vegas expansion draft, which will be the same rules for the upcoming one in game.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. But the rules only make mention of NMC and my recall from last time was if a player had a NTC, he had to waive it in order to be left exposed, which means if they don't waive it they must be protected.

I'm just as confused as RAIF now. Unless I'm reading your message wrong, you're saying players with NTCs must be protected unless they allow the NTC to be waived. If so, I'm positively sure that is not the case. Ex, Matt Beleskey had a NTC yet was left exposed in the expansion draft; the Bruins did not have to ask him to waive anything.

I think Icegirl is correct in her example of Antoine Vermette. The player had a NMC that ended upon the end of the 2016-17 season, which converted to a NTC for the following season; as a result he did not have to be protected. Exact same scenario with Boychuk, his NMC is turning into a NTC and as a result, he does not need to be protected in the expansion draft.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:11 p.m.
GM - Canucks
I'm just as confused as RAIF now. Unless I'm reading your message wrong, you're saying players with NTCs must be protected unless they allow the NTC to be waived. If so, I'm positively sure that is not the case. Ex, Matt Beleskey had a NTC yet was left exposed in the expansion draft; the Bruins did not have to ask him to waive anything.

I think Icegirl is correct in her example of Antoine Vermette. The player had a NMC that ended upon the end of the 2016-17 season, which converted to a NTC for the following season; as a result he did not have to be protected. Exact same scenario with Boychuk, his NMC is turning into a NTC and as a result, he does not need to be protected in the expansion draft.

Beleskey who played in the AHL had already waived his NMC, prior to the expansion draft.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:14 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
Beleskey who played in the AHL had already waived his NMC, prior to the expansion draft.

Dammit Michael, just let me sound as if I know what I'm talking about
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:25 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Dammit Michael, just let me sound as if I know what I'm talking about

Boychuck must be protected via expansion draft, only way around it is if he gets waived and sent to the minors.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:26 p.m.
Boychuck must be protected via expansion draft, only way around it is if he gets waived and sent to the minors.

Then why was Vermette not protected in the Vegas expansion draft?
PrincessChloe liked this.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:31 p.m.
GM - Canucks

I could be wrong, but I believe he was signed to a NTC, but was then boughtout.
I think Anahiem used a loophole in that sense.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:32 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: phillyjabroni
In the scenario of a trade, does the sheetholder (in this case, I think it's @A_K), need to make sure that the dates are cutoff? In other words, if I trade 'Player X' in the middle of the scoring month, will I get his stats up until I trade him or will the team I traded him to get the full share of his stats?

Everything would be tallied off the original csv import from corsica. While the first sheet is in the process of being updated, trades would not be processed on the second sheet, until the third (team sheets) are tallied.

If it takes 72 hours to collect and analyze the data, movements made during those 72 hours would not be processed on the sheets until the rankings are organized.
So if the cutoff is the 30th of the month, there would be no changes to the sheets until the 2nd of the following month. Business as usual for GMs, 3 days of not updating the sheet for the BOE, and maybe 30 mins of work for the person in charge of the first sheet (once everything is set up).
phillyjabroni liked this.
Aug. 6, 2018 at 9:34 p.m.
I could be wrong, but I believe he was signed to a NTC, but was then boughtout.
I think Anahiem used a loophole in that sense.

Aug. 7, 2018 at 1:05 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Wouldn't i still have to protect him even if he is in the minors? That is, if i do have to protect him otherwise.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 2:10 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Wouldn't i still have to protect him even if he is in the minors? That is, if i do have to protect him otherwise.

If he has a NMC, I don’t believe you can put him in the minors. BOG is going to discuss this shortly. A lot of things on our plate right now. Try to remind us every two weeks or so about it and we’ll try to hammer out a decision for ya
Aug. 7, 2018 at 12:24 p.m.
NateElder12

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm about 99% sure that ANA protected Vermette in the expansion.

EDIT: they protected the following -
Andrew Cogliano (F)
Ryan Getzlaf (F)
Ryan Kesler (F)
Corey Perry (F)
Rickard Rakell (F)
Jakob Silfverberg (F)
Antoine Vermette (F)
Kevin Bieksa (D)
Cam Fowler (D)
Hampus Lindholm (D)
John Gibson (G)

.. they traded Theodore/Stoner to Vegas for them to not select Vatanen or Manson since they didnt want to ask Bieksa to waive.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: NateElder12
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm about 99% sure that ANA protected Vermette in the expansion.

EDIT: they protected the following -
Andrew Cogliano (F)
Ryan Getzlaf (F)
Ryan Kesler (F)
Corey Perry (F)
Rickard Rakell (F)
Jakob Silfverberg (F)
Antoine Vermette (F)
Kevin Bieksa (D)
Cam Fowler (D)
Hampus Lindholm (D)
John Gibson (G)

.. they traded Theodore/Stoner to Vegas for them to not select Vatanen or Manson since they didnt want to ask Bieksa to waive.

That is correct. Vermette was protected. Boychuk needs to be protected in our upcoming expansion draft.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
That is correct. Vermette was protected. Boychuk needs to be protected in our upcoming expansion draft.

@rangersandislesfan
Aug. 7, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
NateElder12

Also, I'll add since I do remember it being a big deal around here, but I think Vermette waived his NMC still even though he was protected. He had an NMC and a Modified NTC at the same time. The NTC was unique in that he couldn't be traded from the end of the league year until after FA started. So he waived the NMC to give the Ducks more flexibility in the expansion but still had his Modified NTC in effect that prevented the Ducks from trading him during the expansion draft, rookie draft, or prior to the FA period beginning. Believe the dates were something like June 10th until July 10th he couldn't be traded.
Aug. 7, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Is this the final answer? The real one? Sticking Out Tongue
Aug. 7, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
Is this the final answer? The real one? Sticking Out Tongue

Yes, Boychuk has to be protected as his NMC does not expire until July 1, 2019.
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll