2. Gibson
3. Vasilevskiy
4. F. Andersen
5. Bobrofsky
6. Hellebyuck
7. Fleury
8. Holtby
9. Varlamov
10. Price (He'd be top 5 if he played for even an average defensive team)
11. Crawford
12. Lundqvist
13. Kinkaid
14. Dubnyk
15. Raanta (When he's healthy he's higher)

Worst 5:

1. Talbot
2. Mike Smith
3. Jake Allen
4. Darling
5. Murray
Nov. 24, 2018 at 8:33 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Top 15:

1. Rinne
2. Gibson
3. Vasilevskiy
4. F. Andersen
5. Bobrofsky
6. Hellebyuck
7. Fleury
8. Holtby
9. Varlamov
10. Price (He'd be top 5 if he played for even an average defensive team)
11. Crawford
12. Lundqvist
13. Kinkaid
14. Dubnyk
15. Raanta (When he's healthy he's higher)

Worst 5:

1. Talbot
2. Mike Smith
3. Jake Allen
4. Darling
5. Murray

haha ur funny
Nov. 24, 2018 at 8:52 p.m.
Worst 5:

1. Talbot
2. Mike Smith
3. Jake Allen
4. Darling
5. Murray

All of your worst 5 goalies in the league are starters on their teams.
Nov. 24, 2018 at 10:03 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
All of your worst 5 goalies in the league are starters on their teams.

That's the point.
Nov. 24, 2018 at 10:25 p.m.
That's the point.

So it's the "worst 5 starters".
Nov. 25, 2018 at 1:09 a.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
So it's the "worst 5 starters".

Yes. I'm actually not insane. I don't think Murray and Talbot are quite as bad as guys like Subban, Condon and Budaj. I considered probably the top 35-40 Goalies in the league based on their performances this season. I also factored in which team they play for. Maybe I should've named the "worst 5" the "most disappointing 5."
Nov. 25, 2018 at 1:19 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Bobrovsky
Price
Rinne
Andersen
Gibson
Vasilevsky
Hellenbuyck
Fleury
Quick
Dubnyk
Raanta
Holtby
Jones
Rask
Murray
mhockey91 liked this.
Nov. 25, 2018 at 7:47 a.m.
1. Rinne
2. Vasilevskiy
3. Bobrovsky
4. Price
5. Fleury
6. Holtby
7. Gibson
8. Quick
9. Dubnyk
10. Andersen
11. Hellebuyck
12. Lundqvist
13. Crawford
14. Rask
15. Raanta
Nov. 25, 2018 at 9:54 p.m.
BeastMode5515
Gibson
Price
Bob
Quick
Rinne
Vasy
Fleury
Raanta
Andersen
Holtby
Hellebuyck
Rask
Grubauer
Crawford (healthy)
Dubnyk

5 worst starters:
Darling
Allen
Murray
Smith
Talbot
Nov. 25, 2018 at 10:33 p.m.
Quoting: BeastMode5515
Gibson
Price
Bob
Quick
Rinne
Vasy
Fleury
Raanta
Andersen
Holtby
Hellebuyck
Rask
Grubauer
Crawford (healthy)
Dubnyk

5 worst starters:
Darling
Allen
Murray
Smith
Talbot

Once again HAHA that’s funny
Nov. 26, 2018 at 1:42 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91

Second worst save % of all goalies

Worst GAA of all goalies

2nd to worst in SV% and GAA this season and last season combined

Its not only funny it is hilarious how he has been playing worse than what youd expect out of a backup.
BeastMode5515 liked this.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 1:55 a.m.
Quoting: MadmanFromMadison
Second worst save % of all goalies

Worst GAA of all goalies

2nd to worst in SV% and GAA this season and last season combined

Its not only funny it is hilarious how he has been playing worse than what youd expect out of a backup.

Matt Murray was placed in a very strange situation where he did not face much adversity at all very early on in his career. he was instantly a two time Stanley cup winning goalie. Goaltending is an extremely mental position. more so than any other position in team sports. he got into a rut last season and hasn't been able to dig himself out of it yet. however, after watching his two incredible cup runs, it is completely obvious that Matt Murray is a top goaltender in this league. people like you love to judge struggling players far too quickly. he is 24 years old and has 2 damn Stanley cups. he has all of the right tools to be a vezina winning goaltender later on in his career. has he struggled this year? absolutely. hes been very bad. but, to say hes one of "the worst" goalies in the NHL is ludicrous. he will figure it out. its a mental game. he will be fine.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:16 a.m.
Matt Murray was placed in a very strange situation where he did not face much adversity at all very early on in his career. he was instantly a two time Stanley cup winning goalie. Goaltending is an extremely mental position. more so than any other position in team sports. he got into a rut last season and hasn't been able to dig himself out of it yet. however, after watching his two incredible cup runs, it is completely obvious that Matt Murray is a top goaltender in this league. people like you love to judge struggling players far too quickly. he is 24 years old and has 2 damn Stanley cups. he has all of the right tools to be a vezina winning goaltender later on in his career. has he struggled this year? absolutely. hes been very bad. but, to say hes one of "the worst" goalies in the NHL is ludicrous. he will figure it out. its a mental game. he will be fine.

He has been one of the worst goalies in the league both this season and last season. He started on two Pens team that were great at controlling the puck and now that they arent as good at limiting as many shots he is being exposed. Dude is on his way to being a worse version of Cam Ward. When he has been ass and relegated to a backup you cant just say he is struggling this isnt a 5 game sample its one season going on 2 seasons yet you are so adamant to use two half seasons to say that is the real him despite him being awful in a full time starter role? Murray has played worse than a backup for this and last season he isnt anywhere close to a top 15 goalie let alone top ten like some of these lists have him. Niemi has a cup, Ward has a cup, a team accomplishment doesnt equal individual accomplishments.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:27 a.m.
He has been one of the worst goalies in the league both this season and last season. He started on two Pens team that were great at controlling the puck and now that they arent as good at limiting as many shots he is being exposed. Dude is on his way to being a worse version of Cam Ward. When he has been ass and relegated to a backup you cant just say he is struggling this isnt a 5 game sample its one season going on 2 seasons yet you are so adamant to use two half seasons to say that is the real him despite him being awful in a full time starter role? Murray has played worse than a backup for this and last season he isnt anywhere close to a top 15 goalie let alone top ten like some of these lists have him. Niemi has a cup, Ward has a cup, a team accomplishment doesnt equal individual accomplishments.

if you watched any of the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs you'd know that Pens PDO'd their way to success and the Murray/Fleury duo was the reason they did as good as they did. during the 16/17 regular season Murray still had a great .923 save percentage. ward also didn't have the luxury of playing on a team as goods as the penguins post his 2006 cup run as Carolina's 05/06 season was clearly an outlier. pens haven't missed the playoffs once in the Crosby/ Malkin era. Murray is a premier goaltender in this league, despite going through a slump. vasaleski was a bum in the 2016/17 season as was Connor hellenbyuk but im sure you hail them as "elite" goaltenders. I am extremely confident that Murray will be a premier goaltender in this league for the next 10+ seasons. history will be very kind to Matt Murray when we look back at him. he was also injured this season and thats probably a good reason why he was struggling. he had a nagging injury and now hes out long term so hopefully once he comes back he will be 100% ready and until then I am fine with DeSmith in between the pipes
Nov. 26, 2018 at 3:21 a.m.
if you watched any of the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs you'd know that Pens PDO'd their way to success and the Murray/Fleury duo was the reason they did as good as they did. during the 16/17 regular season Murray still had a great .923 save percentage. ward also didn't have the luxury of playing on a team as goods as the penguins post his 2006 cup run as Carolina's 05/06 season was clearly an outlier. pens haven't missed the playoffs once in the Crosby/ Malkin era. Murray is a premier goaltender in this league, despite going through a slump. vasaleski was a bum in the 2016/17 season as was Connor hellenbyuk but im sure you hail them as "elite" goaltenders. I am extremely confident that Murray will be a premier goaltender in this league for the next 10+ seasons. history will be very kind to Matt Murray when we look back at him. he was also injured this season and thats probably a good reason why he was struggling. he had a nagging injury and now hes out long term so hopefully once he comes back he will be 100% ready and until then I am fine with DeSmith in between the pipes

Ugh no jeff try playing behind the best offense that was scoring something like 5 goals a game on top of a 25% PP Fleury and Murray werent the reason they won.

"during the 16/17 regular season Murray still had a great .923 save percentage. ward also didn't have the luxury of playing on a team as goods as the penguins post his 2006 cup run as Carolina's 05/06 season was clearly an outlier."

So Murray played behind a team that was good while Ward's overall team wasnt good that doesnt change anything at all...

"Murray is a premier goaltender in this league, despite going through a slump"

Slumps dont last for 2 seasons nor is he a premiere goalie in the league when I can 15 goalies better

"vasaleski was a bum in the 2016/17 season as was Connor hellenbyuk but im sure you hail them as "elite" goaltenders. "

A .917 and 2.61 GAA on a team that missed the playoffs doesnt make you a bum lol

" I am extremely confident that Murray will be a premier goaltender in this league for the next 10+ seasons. history will be very kind to Matt Murray when we look back at him. he was also injured this season and thats probably a good reason why he was struggling."

Thats great cool story bro, back in reality though they will see him for what he is a mediocre goalie who rode a great team similar to 2010 Niemi. By injured do you mean flat out putting worse numbers than DeSmith throughout the entire past 2 seasons? Youre right there is an injury, its his glove hand.

" he had a nagging injury and now hes out long term so hopefully once he comes back he will be 100% ready and until then I am fine with DeSmith in between the pipes

Im sure you are since he has more games allowing 5 or more goals than he does wins while being pulled allowing 4 often this season already. If the Pens long term plans are to get hughes then there isnt any other goalie I'd rather have letting 5 in a game to lead the waysmile
Nov. 26, 2018 at 4:20 a.m.
Ugh no jeff try playing behind the best offense that was scoring something like 5 goals a game on top of a 25% PP Fleury and Murray werent the reason they won.

"during the 16/17 regular season Murray still had a great .923 save percentage. ward also didn't have the luxury of playing on a team as goods as the penguins post his 2006 cup run as Carolina's 05/06 season was clearly an outlier."

So Murray played behind a team that was good while Ward's overall team wasnt good that doesnt change anything at all...

"Murray is a premier goaltender in this league, despite going through a slump"

Slumps dont last for 2 seasons nor is he a premiere goalie in the league when I can 15 goalies better

"vasaleski was a bum in the 2016/17 season as was Connor hellenbyuk but im sure you hail them as "elite" goaltenders. "

A .917 and 2.61 GAA on a team that missed the playoffs doesnt make you a bum lol

" I am extremely confident that Murray will be a premier goaltender in this league for the next 10+ seasons. history will be very kind to Matt Murray when we look back at him. he was also injured this season and thats probably a good reason why he was struggling."

Thats great cool story bro, back in reality though they will see him for what he is a mediocre goalie who rode a great team similar to 2010 Niemi. By injured do you mean flat out putting worse numbers than DeSmith throughout the entire past 2 seasons? Youre right there is an injury, its his glove hand.

" he had a nagging injury and now hes out long term so hopefully once he comes back he will be 100% ready and until then I am fine with DeSmith in between the pipes

Im sure you are since he has more games allowing 5 or more goals than he does wins while being pulled allowing 4 often this season already. If the Pens long term plans are to get hughes then there isnt any other goalie I'd rather have letting 5 in a game to lead the waysmile

Lmao wow. You clearly don’t watch any hockey. Good try though.

1- Matt Murray was an absolute god during both cup runs (especially #2) posting a .923 and .927 save percentage respectively. He ended the 2017 playoffs with back to back shutouts. Absolute clutch performance to secure Pittsburgh’s 5th cup. Fleury was also incredible as well. Bob McKenzie suggested that Murray/fleury received a split conn smythe for how incredible they were in the playoffs. Watch some hockey next time u try to comment on that
2- I’m saying Matt Murray’s 2016/17 regular season is much more in line with what you are going to see out of him for his entire career. .923 save percentage at 22 years old is fantastic. I also was trying to state that cam ward would’ve had a better career had Carolina been a better team after the 2005/06 season.
3- slumps absolutely can last 1 season (he’s played 11 games this year chief settle down) goaltending is extremely mental. You’re probably the same guy who said fleury was a bum in 2017 before his playoff run hahaha. Murray is in a unique position like I said earlier how he had not faced any adversity to start his career and now that he’s in a slump, he’s having a hard time riding the wave and getting out of it. Lucky for him he’s young and will 100% rebound
4- you got me on the vaselski stat (had him in fantasy and he had a .905% so I dropped him he must’ve ended the year very strong)
5- do not compare fleury to Niemi lmao such a bias hawks fan. Buddy was setting records as a 21 year old. He absolutely dominated the AHL the year before that. Murray has such a bright future. Keep telling yourself otherwise buddy. Doesn’t affect me one bit
6- he is injured but once again you are uneducated with Pens hockey. He played through injury this whole season with a nagging injury if u knew anything about him. That’s probably a big reason why he struggled. This rest will be good for him. Anyways good try at your argument. (PS hawks are the team that’s going for jack Hughes meanwhile pens will be contending for yet another Stanley cup this playoffs because they are a better dynasty than the hawks and the best dynasty of the salary cap era.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 11:47 a.m.
Edited Nov. 26, 2018 at 11:56 a.m.
Lmao wow. You clearly don’t watch any hockey. Good try though.

1- Matt Murray was an absolute god during both cup runs (especially #2) posting a .923 and .927 save percentage respectively. He ended the 2017 playoffs with back to back shutouts. Absolute clutch performance to secure Pittsburgh’s 5th cup. Fleury was also incredible as well. Bob McKenzie suggested that Murray/fleury received a split conn smythe for how incredible they were in the playoffs. Watch some hockey next time u try to comment on that
2- I’m saying Matt Murray’s 2016/17 regular season is much more in line with what you are going to see out of him for his entire career. .923 save percentage at 22 years old is fantastic. I also was trying to state that cam ward would’ve had a better career had Carolina been a better team after the 2005/06 season.
3- slumps absolutely can last 1 season (he’s played 11 games this year chief settle down) goaltending is extremely mental. You’re probably the same guy who said fleury was a bum in 2017 before his playoff run hahaha. Murray is in a unique position like I said earlier how he had not faced any adversity to start his career and now that he’s in a slump, he’s having a hard time riding the wave and getting out of it. Lucky for him he’s young and will 100% rebound
4- you got me on the vaselski stat (had him in fantasy and he had a .905% so I dropped him he must’ve ended the year very strong)
5- do not compare fleury to Niemi lmao such a bias hawks fan. Buddy was setting records as a 21 year old. He absolutely dominated the AHL the year before that. Murray has such a bright future. Keep telling yourself otherwise buddy. Doesn’t affect me one bit
6- he is injured but once again you are uneducated with Pens hockey. He played through injury this whole season with a nagging injury if u knew anything about him. That’s probably a big reason why he struggled. This rest will be good for him. Anyways good try at your argument. (PS hawks are the team that’s going for jack Hughes meanwhile pens will be contending for yet another Stanley cup this playoffs because they are a better dynasty than the hawks and the best dynasty of the salary cap era.

lol I'll bump this the end of the season when Murray's save % is still sub .900 enjoy your flash in the pan. Meanwhile the last bit Dynasties dont go 7 years between titles lmao it truly is amazing how you have an excuse for everything. I honestly dont even know why I waste my time on an idiot mouth breather when you are openly stupid enough to think Murray has been a premiere goalie in the league while being outplayed by his backup and Jarry the past season and this season.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 1:32 p.m.
lol I'll bump this the end of the season when Murray's save % is still sub .900 enjoy your flash in the pan. Meanwhile the last bit Dynasties dont go 7 years between titles lmao it truly is amazing how you have an excuse for everything. I honestly dont even know why I waste my time on an idiot mouth breather when you are openly stupid enough to think Murray has been a premiere goalie in the league while being outplayed by his backup and Jarry the past season and this season.

Please bump this sub it’ll be hilarious when I’m right. You’re just a bias hawks fan whose jealous of pit so of course you’d love to say Matt Murray is trash. People on this site used to tell me how garbage fleury was because he had a slump year, and then finally when he proved to everyone it was just an outlier I enjoyed rubbing it in their faces. I suppose this will be no different
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
Edited Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:24 p.m.
Please bump this sub it’ll be hilarious when I’m right. You’re just a bias hawks fan whose jealous of pit so of course you’d love to say Matt Murray is trash. People on this site used to tell me how garbage fleury was because he had a slump year, and then finally when he proved to everyone it was just an outlier I enjoyed rubbing it in their faces. I suppose this will be no different

Fleury was the least reliable playoff goalie out there from 2010-15 They won in 09 while he was putting up a .906 sv% it took him getting a therapist telling him to not suck to even look good again. 6 seasons of being meh to awful when there is any form of pressure isnt a slump you idiot they literally acquired Vokoun since they had no faith in Fleury hence why Vokoun started in net during Pits 2013 ECF appearence. If there is anything to be argued an outlier it would be Fleury's previous season and Murray's 16 and 17 seasons which if you notice all three were shortened seasons with less GP than a usual starter level goalie. Also I take back about I said about comparing Fleury to Niemi, Niemi was at least good enough to be a vezina finalist and has even been better than Murray this season and last. Dude sucked the moment he became a starter and was required to play more than 30 games a year. Speaking of bias your stupid ass said Jack Johnson would do better in New York than Shattenkirk honestly just find a new sport.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.
BeastMode5515

Yeah, he should be higher tbh. Maybe 3rd worst
MadmanFromMadison liked this.
Nov. 26, 2018 at 2:21 p.m.
Quoting: BeastMode5515
Yeah, he should be higher tbh. Maybe 3rd worst

mhockey91 whenever some one mentions how bad his "premiere goalie" has been

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199
BeastMode5515 and wojme liked this.