SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: yikes
I’m mean sure but idk why.

Toronto will not beat Tampa, Vegas, Colorado, Carolina.

The Leafs must become better and Rakell is a more effective pick up than Hall for a few reasons being:

2 years under control
Will cost less than 2m cap hit
Effective and legit top 6 threat

For

Late first
Prospect

To me Leafs fans must accept reality - to be a cup contender you must pay like Tampa, Col, Vegas all do/ will do. Can’t be stingy. Act like a team who can win the cup, you have zero room to utilize Robertson... why just keep him on the taxi and AHL team.

Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I hate to tell you this, but you have to give to get. Our junk doesn’t equal good players.

Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Robertson is worth more alone

Rakell has 301 more points than Robertson has.

If you had 1 year to win the cup - who you picking?

Lmfao you objectively cannot pick Robertson. He’s not proven and not the player you’d pick for a cup team. Especially with Rakell costing nearly the same cap hit with 50% retention for 2 years.

Sure maybe if you had 9 years, then sure maybe you understand Rakell likely won’t be in the NHL.....
But the leafs literally do not have more then 3-4 years to win the cup.

Something with some leafs fans and delusional belief in their assets value and not willing to pay for assets is astounding.

Just cause you ROBBED PIT blind doesn’t mean every team will give you the same chance. Rakell is more desirable than Kapanen and you get him for less here.

I mean, if they actually win the cup it's a good deal, but if they can't get it done it sacrifices future cup chances. Not a good idea in my opinion. Robertson very well could turn out to be better than Rackell. If it's staight up Rackell for Robertson yes, but I wouldn't add very much (first is too much). There are plenty of examples of teams overpaying big time for a piece now and feeling the burn later. Also, if you are going to say, "the first is useless to Toronto" I disagree, they could flip it for Kuemper in the offseason or something.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:27 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Saskleaf
I mean, if they actually win the cup it's a good deal, but if they can't get it done it sacrifices future cup chances. Not a good idea in my opinion. Robertson very well could turn out to be better than Rackell. If it's staight up Rackell for Robertson yes, but I wouldn't add very much (first is too much). There are plenty of examples of teams overpaying big time for a piece now and feeling the burn later. Also, if you are going to say, "the first is useless to Toronto" I disagree, they could flip it for Kuemper in the offseason or something.

well its reasonable to assume its a conditional pick but Dubas said hes willing to pay. And to be frank if you dont pay another team will. Rakells value additionally comes from his cap hit and control with 2 runs.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:33 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Brian2016
Canada might be better (a lot better) at hockey than USA but USA is better at broadcasting, lol. I've often wondered why two networks, with massive fanbases, are unable to hire the best in the world. Seattle wanted the best, so they threw a huge pile of cash at John Forslund. Why can't the Canadian networks do that? It's not like they're hurting for cash.

I wouldn’t say that is the case. For the national broadcasts, Sportsnet is much better than NBC. For the regional broadcast that obviously varies from team to team. Ottawa’s broadcast is great, and Montréal’s is good too. Toronto’s is weird because of the joint broadcasting rights between TSN & Sportsnet. I like most of the American regional broadcasts for different reasons, except for BOS, NYR, DET, & BUF.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:38 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Damn it.
yikes liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Damn it.

Well that's good for every american rebuilding team, and for Canadian buyers but not good for Canadian sellers/staying put and American buyers
Kotkaniemi15, yikes and Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Well that's good for every american rebuilding team, and for Canadian buyers but not good for Canadian sellers/staying put and American buyers

Yep. So this makes things worse for Montréal. At least no one behind them is going to be buying though.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:48 p.m.
Go leafs go
well its reasonable to assume its a conditional pick but Dubas said hes willing to pay. And to be frank if you dont pay another team will. Rakells value additionally comes from his cap hit and control with 2 runs.

Will another team pay it though? Who? Boston might offer Debrusk plus a pick. I'd rather have Robertson than Debrusk. Who else is even in on him? I don't know.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
torontos finest
I’m mean sure but idk why.

Toronto will not beat Tampa, Vegas, Colorado, Carolina.

The Leafs must become better and Rakell is a more effective pick up than Hall for a few reasons being:

2 years under control
Will cost less than 2m cap hit
Effective and legit top 6 threat

For

Late first
Prospect

To me Leafs fans must accept reality - to be a cup contender you must pay like Tampa, Col, Vegas all do/ will do. Can’t be stingy. Act like a team who can win the cup, you have zero room to utilize Robertson... why just keep him on the taxi and AHL team.

If Robertson is in a trade I'd rather it be for someone like Forsberg. Can understand why Rakell may be a preferable target though.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: mondo
If Robertson is in a trade I'd rather it be for someone like Forsberg.

is forsberg moving tho? idk I doubt hes traded unless its a shocker, nor is Forsbergs 6 mil easy to fit - even with 50% retention for the Leafs.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 3:03 p.m.
torontos finest
is forsberg moving tho? idk I doubt hes traded unless its a shocker, nor is Forsbergs 6 mil easy to fit - even with 50% retention for the Leafs.

A bunch of players on Nashville are rumored to be on their way out and I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg is among them. I think anyone who needs a winger should be in on Forsberg, especially considering Nashville get barter for additional assets on retention.

He's probably the only player I would want Toronto to over do it on.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
A bunch of players on Nashville are rumored to be on their way out and I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg is among them. I think anyone who needs a winger should be in on Forsberg, especially considering Nashville get barter for additional assets on retention.

He's probably the only player I would want Toronto to over do it on.

Sorry I meant it in the way of "is Forsberg reeeeeeeally moving??" like I know hes on the table but I doubt hes moved this TDL.

I think its a great idea for TOR and obvi better then Rakell but hell cost likely 1st Amirov prospect and cap balancing must be done.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 3:07 p.m.
torontos finest
Sorry I meant it in the way of "is Forsberg reeeeeeeally moving??" like I know hes on the table but I doubt hes moved this TDL.

I think its a great idea for TOR and obvi better then Rakell but hell cost likely 1st Amirov prospect and cap balancing must be done.

I'm honestly fine with those sacrifices. Only thing I don't want moved is the 2022 first.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 3:09 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I'm honestly fine with those sacrifices. Only thing I don't want moved is the 2022 first.

if its

Amirov
1st (21)
Roberston or Lilj
Kerfoot or whatever is involved for cap balancing or maybe another team joins in

for

Forsberg 50%

I think that makes TOR a big time contender but even more spicy would be doing both Granlund Ekholm/ Forsberg Ekholm, that puts them at the top.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:16 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
RIP Philadelphia. Carter Hart had a .914 save percentage last season. It’s now at .850, and that’s after 22 games. So not even a small sample size.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:17 p.m.
RIP Philadelphia. Carter Hart had a .914 save percentage last season. It’s now at .850, and that’s after 22 games. So not even a small sample size.

Philly went from being a contender, to being the “good” team that doesn’t make it because group of death
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:28 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Philly went from being a contender, to being the “good” team that doesn’t make it because group of death

Well now it seems like because their D and goalies have been terrible. They’d probably be even further back in a normal year, because TOR, MTL, FLA, TBL, BOS, CAR, NYI, WSH, and even NYR would end up ahead of them. Even New Jersey is in striking distance with how the Flyers are playing.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:47 p.m.
What in tarnation
So lemme get this straight - in last two games against Flyers Zibanejad has 6 goals and 11 points.

Flyers defense and goaltender are not clowns at this point. They're the entire circus, and Zibanejad is the ringmaster.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: justaBoss
So lemme get this straight - in last two games against Flyers Zibanejad has 6 goals and 11 points.

Flyers defense and goaltender are not clowns at this point. They're the entire circus, and Zibanejad is the ringmaster.

laf has like 1 point in these 2 games lmao
AndrewLadd liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
The giant Radim Zohorna has his 1st NHL goal in his 1st NHL game, and Buffalo is well on their way to 16 straight losses.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 8:51 p.m.
What in tarnation
laf has like 1 point in these 2 games lmao

NYR reminds me of early 2010s Edmonton. Several top picks gained and used only to destroy the prospects outright.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 9:04 p.m.
What in tarnation

laugh
Mar. 25, 2021 at 9:09 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: justaBoss

laugh

Hilarious
Mar. 25, 2021 at 9:26 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Im convinced if Ottawa made the SCF and went against TOR, CAL, MTL, or any really Canadian team, theyd win the cup.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 9:30 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Im convinced if Ottawa made the SCF and went against TOR, CAL, MTL, or any really Canadian team, theyd win the cup.

They really can be a quite good team when their goaltending isn’t among the worst in the league.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
They really can be a quite good team when their goaltending isn’t among the worst in the league.

post aged poorly but yeah agreed

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll