SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

Mar. 25, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
torontos finest
what if you wanted to be elite contender team

but 28th overall team with ahl goaltender said no?
Mar. 25, 2021 at 10:06 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

LMAO 😂
yikes, nickthehabsfan, justaBoss and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 11:11 p.m.
What in tarnation
Dallas Stars

Let's goooooooooo Hintz
Rangsey and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 11:42 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
Dallas Stars

Let's goooooooooo Hintz

Him and Robertson are so handy. Stars were all about it tonight.
justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 25, 2021 at 11:49 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Rangsey
Him and Robertson are so handy. Stars were all about it tonight.

Yep. Easily the best game of the season from them imo.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:01 a.m.
Yep. Easily the best game of the season from them imo.

It's going to be a really interesting Calder race this season. JRob is second in points in only 25 games.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:03 a.m.
What in tarnation
It's going to be a really interesting Calder race this season. JRob is second in points in only 25 games.

I'd be all for JRob taking the trophy home, but honestly I'd be surprised if Kaprizov doesn't win.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:10 a.m.
I'd be all for JRob taking the trophy home, but honestly I'd be surprised if Kaprizov doesn't win.

Agreed. But this year's rookie class is quite good. It's halfway through the season and JRob hasn't really come up in the conversation but he should. Stutz. Norris. All the goalies.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:14 a.m.
So lemme get this straight - in last two games against Flyers Zibanejad has 6 goals and 11 points.

Flyers defense and goaltender are not clowns at this point. They're the entire circus, and Zibanejad is the ringmaster.

It's 12 points for Mika...but who's counting!
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:15 a.m.

Did you see Kaprizov's goal tonight? It was the goal of a calder winner.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:17 a.m.
Agreed. But this year's rookie class is quite good. It's halfway through the season and JRob hasn't really come up in the conversation but he should. Stutz. Norris. All the goalies.

Do you think this year's class is better than last year's? I mean, from a goaltending perspective, this year is way better.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:19 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Brian2016
Did you see Kaprizov's goal tonight? It was the goal of a calder winner.

I could say the same about JRob. That 2-3 shot was fantastic.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:30 a.m.
Why would anyone want Taylor Hall at the TDL this season, especially if it means giving up a 1st rounder+? I've watched many, many Sabres games this season and Hall is 100 miles from the player he was in NJ. He's not fast anymore. His skating has declined precipitously. His shot was never very good and when you factor in his lack of speed, it's even worse. His many injuries have taken a toll. He doesn't help his teams win.If Hall couldn't produce offensively with Jack Eichel as his center, why would he be able to produce with David Krejci?
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:32 a.m.
I could say the same about JRob. That 2-3 shot was fantastic.

Just watched it. Top shelf like Auston Matthews does. Crazy how fast he elevated that shot.
justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 1:57 a.m.
Do you think this year's class is better than last year's? I mean, from a goaltending perspective, this year is way better.

Maybe not better at the top but... deeper? There's definitely a different feel to this year. More varied. Stutz, Kapri, JRob are all very different stories. Not to mention Patrick Kane's daycare.
justaBoss and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 2:16 a.m.
Maybe not better at the top but... deeper? There's definitely a different feel to this year. More varied. Stutz, Kapri, JRob are all very different stories. Not to mention Patrick Kane's daycare.

Yeah I guess right now I'd say last year's class is better and has more potential. Especially with guys like Walhstrom, Kahkonen, Farabee, etc...All are having breakout seasons. At this point next year it might be this year's class. A lot depends on the top guys.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 6:26 a.m.
Why would anyone want Taylor Hall at the TDL this season, especially if it means giving up a 1st rounder+? I've watched many, many Sabres games this season and Hall is 100 miles from the player he was in NJ. He's not fast anymore. His skating has declined precipitously. His shot was never very good and when you factor in his lack of speed, it's even worse. His many injuries have taken a toll. He doesn't help his teams win.If Hall couldn't produce offensively with Jack Eichel as his center, why would he be able to produce with David Krejci?

Well Hall isn’t going back to Buffalo, so I would trade him for the best offer even if it’s a 2nd for Hall 50% retained
Mar. 26, 2021 at 6:38 a.m.
What in tarnation

Honestly a change of scenery could do wonders for the guy. He still has a decent background, but it's being significantly overshadowed by the fact how poor Sabres has been as a team. Every single player in that organisation has dropped massively in level compared to what it was year ago, so I don't think Hall is the main victim here.

Gaining a first would be a major win for Sabres, but it would involve taking a bad contract in the process.

I myself would predict Hall going to Islanders with Rieder to boot, with Sabres taking Hickey+1st as return, and a conditional 2nd regarding their performance in the playoffs. Basically the same kind of return Sabres once gained from Vanek...from Isles, actually.
A_Habs_fan and Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 7:48 a.m.
850a9bce9643c335eba57b16c57cf287.jpg
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 8:48 a.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: yikes
Rakell has 301 more points than Robertson has.

If you had 1 year to win the cup - who you picking?

Lmfao you objectively cannot pick Robertson. He’s not proven and not the player you’d pick for a cup team. Especially with Rakell costing nearly the same cap hit with 50% retention for 2 years.

Sure maybe if you had 9 years, then sure maybe you understand Rakell likely won’t be in the NHL.....
But the leafs literally do not have more then 3-4 years to win the cup.

Something with some leafs fans and delusional belief in their assets value and not willing to pay for assets is astounding.

Just cause you ROBBED PIT blind doesn’t mean every team will give you the same chance. Rakell is more desirable than Kapanen and you get him for less here.

Robertson has played 1 game
Mar. 26, 2021 at 9:01 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Robertson has played 1 game

that was literally my point. If you’re trading to win a cup you can’t think a rookie with zero nhl time/ no resume will help more then:

Rakell
Hall (debatable he’s kinda sucked this year but it’s Buffalo lmao)
Or other top6 forwards that dubas wants

He’s a great a rookie but not a blue chip or elite prospect. If you’re looking to win a cup you gotta pay and if you’re looking for a legit top6 winger or center a great prospect is usually involved.

I’m pointing out that you cannot offer Kerfoot or Lesser prospect and a first and expect Anaheim to be happy. Rakell at Robertson and a pick is a more then fair return. If it’s more than yeah sure it starts getting ugly for the leafs.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 9:22 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Hypothetical question (this obviously won’t happen): Let’s say the Sabres didn’t qualify Dahlin after this season and he’s a UFA, what’s the highest contract offered and who is it from (taking his age, potential, and terrible season into account)?
Mar. 26, 2021 at 9:28 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Mar. 26, 2021 at 9:34 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Hypothetical question (this obviously won’t happen): Let’s say the Sabres didn’t qualify Dahlin after this season and he’s a UFA, what’s the highest contract offered and who is it from (taking his age, potential, and terrible season into account)?

6-7m x 1 (can he become an RFA with the new contract? Either way I’d do this)

7m huge overpay, but quite literally only to get his rights and entice him to sign with us and then have the best chance at getting a new contract done if he’s playing well.

Teams:

LA
OTT
ANA
SJS
DET
NYR
NJD

basically a team who can afford a bad 7m cap hit if Dahlin regresses/ doesn’t progress

Basically kill all the other offers with my big 1 year contract. Firstly showing him I believe in him, and secondly that I’m ready to pay him if he performs. If he fails then I’m only on the hook for the current season and have control (if he becomes a RFA) or just don’t keep him.
Kotkaniemi15 and AndrewLadd liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Well people will overpay just so they can get him. Although if we’re talking about what he deserves on his next contract with Buffalo, that’s a difficult question.
A_Habs_fan and AndrewLadd liked this.
Mar. 26, 2021 at 9:36 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well people will overpay just so they can get him. Although if we’re talking about what he deserves on his next contract with Buffalo, that’s a difficult question.

If it’s Buffalo....ehhhhhhh maybe 3.7m x 2, I think that’s more than enough and something he would jump on.

Still high but basically let him knows he now paid more then Cernak, Carlo, etc all of which are all considerably better than Dahlin (for now this year). Last shot and still a fair price for how he used to perform. Either he outperforms the contract to show his worth from this brutal year or he fails and then well that’s a new convo.
Kotkaniemi15 and AndrewLadd liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll